Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 224 225 226
By Darkvlade 2016-08-30 09:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty Brennski,I think I either have the abjuration or ermicho hands already, not so sure about the body a I, but that's an easy farm ,didn't think of that also got odyssean legs but can't recall augments lol.

I personally see chiric ring as a stepping stone before Rajas, assuming X person hasn't finished cop storyline, didn't even bother trying to get it, but maybe for NIN due to subtle blow might be best
By eliroo 2016-08-30 10:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

For TPing what is the Rajas ring doing for you that Chirich isn't doing?

Unless I'm missing something Chirich is giving a little more accuracy, same amount of STP and Regen +1.

I guess it depends on how much you value Subtle blow
By Darkvlade 2016-08-30 12:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Rajas gives you 5 STR too, but it will come down to personal preference, and here in Cerberus is about 4~4.5M, might not be much to some, but maybe if it was 1M.

Edit: got Cronian body Abj last night, and made emircho hands and body and got me about ~100 more ACC now, will test tonite.
By Darkvlade 2016-09-01 11:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello is me again, got a question about Reso sets, last night I had some free time and went to Reisenjima with my new Ragnarok i119 AG to try Reso on fodder (flying pink pigs, boars) by flux #3 and my Reso were doing around 8~10K at most, did a 17K one after using war cry/berserk.

Can someone tell me if that kinda dmg is ok for that zone, I know my gear is not top notch yet, but was hoping for better output dmg from Reso now that my Rag is glowing.

Ty for your feedback once again
 Asura.Fiasko
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-09-01 12:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkvlade said: »
Hello is me again, got a question about Reso sets, last night I had some free time and went to Reisenjima with my new Ragnarok i119 AG to try Reso on fodder (flying pink pigs, boars) by flux #3 and my Reso were doing around 8~10K at most, did a 17K one after using war cry/berserk.

Can someone tell me if that kinda dmg is ok for that zone, I know my gear is not top notch yet, but was hoping for better output dmg from Reso now that my Rag is glowing.

Ty for your feedback once again

Those numbers seem fine. Biggest issue will be to ensure you have enough acc (and not much more) for the content you are fighting. If you WS'd when the mob was below 60-70% HP you might be killing it before all your hits could land.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-09-01 22:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

RingMyBell said: »
I'm really new to WAR and I have a couple of questions:

1) The Argosy/Argosy +1 set looks good for TP and WS. Am I totally off the mark? Could someone give me some pointers on how to properly utilize the set?

2) When making Ambuscade capes, I'm a little lost. For TP phase, I made two with DEX+20, Accuracy+20, Attack+20 on both and "Double Attack"+10 on one and "Store TP"+10 on the other. For WS phase, I have nothing because I don't even know where to start. I use an augmented Minos the most, so I'd like to start with that. Any pointers?

Argosy is great for STR based weaponskills like Reso and to a lesser extent Ukkos. For TP it might have nice stats for offense, but the lack of defensive stats (e.g. eva / m eva / m defense) makes it a poor choice because a dead DD does no dmg.

For capes make a STR/Acc-ATT/Crit for Ukkos and a VIT/Acc-Att/DA for upheaval. In general for TP use the Dex/DA because it is easier to get STP in other slots.
[+]
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2016-09-06 19:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a decent WAR lua? Cant seem to find a decent one anywhere.

EDIT: editing this to say what im actually looking for. ive seen a few awesome lua's with all this crazy up/down AM3, ionis, crazy buff/no buff stuff but its way out of my league atm. I just got a nice little Iclamar +2 lol. just looking for a simple one, idle/tp/ws maybe some restraint, ber/aggr up/down idk.
 Sylph.Atigevomega
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2016-09-09 12:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Feisei, here is one of the better ones i have found, does not rely on mote's stuff, im actually switching over it to as i type this, you can either use this one, or I can post the finished edited version when i complete it in a bit.

http://pastebin.com/BMAvdRj7 original version

Also dont let it intimidate you, its rather easy to work and can be edited to your needs very easily.

my edited version of Bokura's:

http://pastebin.com/ahztGkt4
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2016-09-10 12:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Atigevomega! You know i might just have needed to see an edited version of that lua to understand it. I saw it out there but i figured i would have to have all those different sets filled out and one of those weapons but i see at the top you can edit which weapon you are using. I am very new to gearswap these days lol.
 Sylph.Atigevomega
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2016-09-10 17:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You are very welcome, i hope it helps, I too had a hard time finding one that fit my wants/needs that one works perfectly, although i do have the gearswaps keybound in my init file, still working on getting a toggle for CP mantle that doesnt interfere with other swaps, but yeah it works great.
By Dingleberrys 2016-09-21 00:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I know there was a few sets posted a page back. However im new to war and looking for more opinions. Can anyone post updated TP sets that are considered Top Tier.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-09-21 11:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 346398

I'm trying to get this for fencer. I still need Valorous Mail/Diabolos Ring/cessnance though.

Valorous Feet/Oddyssean Legs have Heavy DEX/Acc/Store TP Augments.

Ginsen and a Store TP Valorous Mask can be swapped in as needed when using a 2 handed weapon.

I'm currently rocking Emicho body, don't let the pet stats fool you. It has a nice amount of accuracy/double attack.

If for some reason I'm Dual Wielding I use Tanmogayi+1/Sangarius+1.
I swap to Emicho hands and change my earrings to Brutal/Supa.

While Fencer is great if you want some form of defense, while being able to DD. I found that Dual Wielding and spamming Vorpal Blade can be very effective and can easily beat CDC. TP Gain is also much faster. The main down side is it's skillchain properties.

I've only parsed it in Ambuscade however.

Here is my Ukko's Fury/Vorpal Blade set.
ItemSet 346411

Even with all this though Ukko's is still only tolerable. But it ends up beating Upheaval with this build.

Resolution/Stardiver Set(Swap the Gorgets for Stardiver)
ItemSet 346413

Calamity/Scourge Set (Changes Gorgets as needed.)
ItemSet 346414

Mask has +6% WSDMG and Acc/Attack
Hands have +4% WSDMG and Acc/Attack/Matk/Macc

I also use this for Mistral Axe, But I use Argosy Body/Legs instead.

Fencer/Shield Damage Taken Set
ItemSet 346416
Minus the white magic and MDT from Aegis. This set basically lets you tank like a PLD, It's nice to have for survival and mitigates a fair amount of damage. Personally I have around 524 Shield Skill and +14% Block Rate

Head- D
Body- C
Hands- D
Legs- C
Feet- C

Also makes for a nice max hp set.

This next set is for 2 handed weapons/Retaliation.

ItemSet 346418
 Asura.Sandslash
user: hellcatt
By Asura.Sandslash 2016-09-21 13:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

hello all im interested in a few things if anyone can help would be much appreciated 1 Tp set/sets for Chango/Ragnarok
and weaponskill sets for Ukkos upheavel and reso ty in advance also the most optimal set not worryed about gil
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-21 13:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

vorpal, resolution, and stardiver all need elemental belt.
[+]
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-09-21 14:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Resolution:
ItemSet 343853

Ukko's:
ItemSet 326176
I have 5 crit rate on feet with some str/acc/att but Boii Calliage are always good.

TP
Low ACC
ItemSet 334764
High ACC
ItemSet 346423

Valorous / Acro in the TP sets all have some STP / ACC
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-09-21 19:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, bros. Thinking about getting into Warrior, which I haven't really played since the level 75 era. Not too sure which merits to put into group 1 and 2. At 75, I used Berserk and DA 5/5, don't remember what I did for group 2. Essentially, I'm just wondering what I should merit now. I was thinking Berserk/Aggressor 5/5 but was told to do Berserk and DA 5/5 instead. And group 2 I would assume would be Tomahawk 5/5, Savagery 4/5 and Warrior's Charge 1/5.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-09-21 19:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Warrior's charge is basically garbage and anything less than 5/5 Savagery is blatantly stupid. This makes 5/5 Tomahawk and Savagery the obvious choice. I did 5/5 Berserk and DA, but there's certainly some room for debate on that.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-09-22 12:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Warrior's charge is basically garbage and anything less than 5/5 Savagery is blatantly stupid. This makes 5/5 Tomahawk and Savagery the obvious choice. I did 5/5 Berserk and DA, but there's certainly some room for debate on that.

I agree with you. I'm sitting at about 70% Double Attack already. Maybe a little less in my weaponskill set. All it really does is slow down my tp gain.
 Asura.Clack
user: cocl
By Asura.Clack 2016-10-03 00:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone. I just finished my AG Rag and have been working on getting WAR up to speed. Aside from the obvious upgrades (Argosy +1, Seething +1, etc) are there any other things I can work on for now such as better augments and the like? I also am not sure of X-hit for Rag (been a 1 handed DD for too long now).

These are my basic sets for now.

ItemSet 346700
body: Dex+5 Acc+26 STP+7
legs: Acc+28 Atk+15 STP+6
feet: Dex+9 Acc+18 DA+4
back: Str+20 Acc/Atk+20 DA+10

ItemSet 346701
Head/Body/Legs/Feet: Path A
Hands: Path D
Back: Str+20 Acc/Atk+20 DA+10

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-03 01:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

with your 26 stp on ws /sam, not counting extra hits on reso, just the base hit, you need 55 stp during tp phase for a 5-hit ws+4

Dont even try for a 4 hit unless you got a pocket cor at all times imo.
 Asura.Clack
By Asura.Clack 2016-10-03 03:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So i'm good as far as a 5 hit is concerned since I have 59 STP in TP gear?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-10-03 13:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clack said: »
Hey everyone. I just finished my AG Rag and have been working on getting WAR up to speed. Aside from the obvious upgrades (Argosy +1, Seething +1, etc) are there any other things I can work on for now such as better augments and the like? I also am not sure of X-hit for Rag (been a 1 handed DD for too long now).

ItemSet 346700

ItemSet 346701

sets look horrible!
 Asura.Clack
By Asura.Clack 2016-10-03 16:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Asura.Clack said: »

ItemSet 346700

ItemSet 346701

sets look horrible!
Not everyone can whitebox everything! XD
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-03 17:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

yes with 59 you are well over from my calculations, though i have been wrong in the past! So double check ;D

You can technically drop 4stp, I would suggest this in 2 ways

1. ginsen > yetshila/seething - depends on acc needs.
2. emicho hands > sulvia hands, and aim for 2 stp from other slotts (HQ chirch x2, Aug legs/body for 8 stp, or change cessance for telos)

#2 imo is best to aim for, chirch HQ im sure you got the gil or means for over time. Also your stp 6 can go as high as 8, so one lucky aug gets you there too. But the quick and easy fix is to replace emicho+cessance with sulvia+telos, this allows you to gain 3 DA and 64 attack in exchange for 10 acc, not a bad tradeoff either for low acc situation, but I am sure you have a high acc set too different from above anyhow.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-12 03:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Replaced Sulev. Hands+1 and Valorous Feet with Flamma Manopolas/Feet+1

I lost some attack but gained around 8 acc and +7% crit rate.

My Double Attack and STP stayed the same

Seems worth it when using Rag. (Paired with Boii Mask+1)

Bit of a sidegrade.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-10-16 12:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Replaced Sulev. Hands+1 and Valorous Feet with Flamma Manopolas/Feet+1

I lost some attack but gained around 8 acc and +7% crit rate.

My Double Attack and STP stayed the same

Seems worth it when using Rag. (Paired with Boii Mask+1)

Bit of a sidegrade.

What augments did you have on Valorous Greaves? If you can get Double Attack and Accuracy or maybe STP and Accuracy then swap back to Valorous. The Crit damage would be a boost to your already high Crit Rate and you wouldn't lose much other than hours and hours trying to aug the feet.

That being said I am playing with Hetoirai Ring and Flamma Zucchetto +1 so the Crit Damage doesn't go as far and swapped to Flamma Gambieras +1 for the Double Attack.

ItemSet 334764
Double Attack back.

I may be trying too hard to use Triple Attack gear but that will still leave me at 35%~ Double attack (gear only) and now 9% Triple Attack.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-16 13:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valor Greaves were about +35 Acc/Attack and 5 Store TP. In my low acc set I mainly had them paired with Sulevia+1.

I have really bad luck with Valorous augments for some reason.

Thats the best I could get really. Using Triple Attack is up to you though.

ItemSet 346398

Mask is hard to give up when acc isn't an issue. Head+Hands add an extra +11% Critical Hit rate on top of Rag.

When I need accuracy I have a valor mask with about +30 Accuracy and +4% crit(6% total)

Despite switching over my Double Attack rate/Store TP stayed the same. Gained some accuracy and crit rate which is nice.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-10-16 13:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Valor Greaves were about +35 Acc/Attack and 5 Store TP. In my low acc set I mainly had them paired with Sulevia+1.

I have really bad luck with Valorous augments for some reason.

Thats the best I could get really. Using Triple Attack is up to you though.

ItemSet 346398

Mask is hard to give up when acc isn't an issue. Head+Hands add an extra +11% Critical Hit rate on top of Rag.

When I need accuracy I have a valor mask with about +30 Accuracy and +4% crit(6% total)

Despite switching over my Double Attack rate/Store TP stayed the same. Gained some accuracy and crit rate which is nice.

Whoot side-grades?!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-04 04:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Because of the JSE back TA doesn't have as much weight as usual. I'm thinking I might be able to use some of these pieces for a super low acc set.
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 224 225 226