The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Mostro
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: krsnik
By Asura.Mostro 2016-02-15 07:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

For all the warriors out there that are still undecided on building a Minos, all I have to say is that is worth it every gil.

After Saevel posted augments I decided to build it. Yesterday I tested it in Apex party and I have to say that the abundance in acc is just amazing. I know dmg still low compare to many others but for those starting on warrior path this GA will stick for long time.

Good luck^^
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-20 23:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Got the new Rag and tested it out on Apex Crawlers. As 2100JP WAR it's broke a ***. Had an idris GEO do Fury + Frailty while I hate RCB and berserk and Resolutions were 20~30K with a few 13K flukes showing up. Tried some BR MS Silliness and got Scourge -> Resolution to do 56K closing with 64K light, the full four step chain would do a helluva lot more.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2016-02-21 08:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't even need to be 2100 JP war or Rag to do pretty insane numbers with an idris fury/frailty geo.

Either way, with a geo and 2nd buffer like cor or brd melee burns are a realistic possibility if you make a proper 3 step sc. People are just scared to try anything that doesn't involve a blm bursting.
[+]
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-02-24 16:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, how many sets of Valorous / Odyssean do we need?
TP: STP+Acc , (Does a fencer build work better with DA+Acc?)
WS: Str , Vit (WSD or DA for the third slot?)

Head: valorous
Body: valorous
Hands: tp-valorous ws-odyssean
Legs: tp-odyssean ws-valorous(boii if fencer)
Feet: valorous

I am going to ignore fodder and assume we are talking about content that needs 1100+ base (before food/ Ionis/ buffs) accuracy.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-24 16:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
Okay, how many sets of Valorous / Odyssean do we need?

Which WS?

For resolution I use full Argosy +1
NQ Argosy is still some of the BiS for pure STR based WS's.

Also your TP set should include Emicho Body + Hands with path B. HQ are BiS but the NQ works well for Accuracy + Store TP.

My current set for Skill 269 Rag is

Head: Boii mask +1 (Valorous Mask if I need more acc)
Neck: Lissome necklace
Ears: DA +7 Set from Delve
Body: Emicho haubert
Hands: Emicho gauntlets
Ring1: Petrov Ring
Ring2: Rajas Ring
Back: Mauler's mantle
Waist: Sarissaphoroi belt
Legs: Odyssean (acc +39 atk +33)
Feet: Valorous greaves (STR +7 Acc +35 Atk +23 Store TP+7)

Odyssean hands are really good for one hit WS's
(STR +1 Acc +25 Attack +34 WSD +3%)
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-24 18:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Midgitis said: »
It doesn't even need to be 2100 JP war or Rag to do pretty insane numbers with an idris fury/frailty geo.

Either way, with a geo and 2nd buffer like cor or brd melee burns are a realistic possibility if you make a proper 3 step sc. People are just scared to try anything that doesn't involve a blm bursting.

A Red Mage or Corsair with a Geomancer make bursters pointless. Inunidation/Allies is incredibly powerful and you can absolutely destroy bats with a good multistep and a strong closer.
By maldini 2016-02-26 07:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Got the new Rag and tested it out on Apex Crawlers. As 2100JP WAR it's broke a ***. Had an idris GEO do Fury + Frailty while I hate RCB and berserk and Resolutions were 20~30K with a few 13K flukes showing up. Tried some BR MS Silliness and got Scourge -> Resolution to do 56K closing with 64K light, the full four step chain would do a helluva lot more.
that's sick. Did you upgrade conq or ukon?
Be interested to see what the new GA WS's and SC's do in the same situation. I'm not hoarding a ***ton of gil so I will want to prioritize what I upgrade, while also trying to get HQ souveran set for my PLD.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2016-03-01 17:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to hear rag is the beast we thought it would be! Anyone crunched the numbers to compare it to others yet??

Also, has anyone got anything sweet from technique augments on reisenjima gear yet?

I just got quad att +3, dbl att +2 and some att/acc on valorous mask. I assume you could get quad att + store tp also.. good luck with the augs! Some dream pieces possible with luck (or Gil for dark matter after campaign...)
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2016-03-07 09:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have and willing to share a more up to date spreadsheet for WAR dps? I appear to have lost the copy i was maintaining up until like july of last year, which would be terribly outdated still anyway.
By Jimmyballsack 2016-03-07 15:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, glad to be here and talking DD again--that MB business overstayed its welcome, I say. On to the request.. I'm currently CPing war with a glowing ukon (rag's in the pipeline). Can anyone help with current GA TP/WS sets? Are they similar to Saevel's above? (thanks for that btw) Does lustratio fit anywhere or are we dealing chiefly with reis augmented gear and emicho/argosy gear?

Currently I'm using some dusted off Acro pieces with perfect and near perfect augs with stp6 on most the pieces, but I'm sure we're past that set almost if not entirely.

Thanks in advance.
By maldini 2016-03-08 13:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmyballsack said: »
Hey guys, glad to be here and talking DD again--that MB business overstayed its welcome, I say. On to the request.. I'm currently CPing war with a glowing ukon (rag's in the pipeline). Can anyone help with current GA TP/WS sets? Are they similar to Saevel's above? (thanks for that btw) Does lustratio fit anywhere or are we dealing chiefly with reis augmented gear and emicho/argosy gear?

Currently I'm using some dusted off Acro pieces with perfect and near perfect augs with stp6 on most the pieces, but I'm sure we're past that set almost if not entirely.

Thanks in advance.

I think Argosy+1 is your standard go to BIS for most high end content with the right augments.

Specifics, everything can be augmented now but the bread and butter sets seem to be valorous and odyssean, luckily/properly augmented.

I tend to get butt loads of accuracy and strength + ws accuracy on valarous and HUGE amounts of STR and ws+% on Odyssean.
 Bismarck.Squah
Server: Bismarck
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2016-03-08 14:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Argosy +1 only for WS. You might be able to get away with hands since ilvl hand meva is pretty low. Fulltime Argo+1 is just asking to get railed by a full strength nuke or magical AoE, even with Vex and Attunement.

Even then, upheaval is VIT, of which Argosy has none, and Lustratio has Crit rate augments. Idk how it stacks up for Ukko's but my money is still on Argosy.
By Jimmyballsack 2016-03-08 18:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks fellas. Are we still keeping with a 4-hit GA build with new options, or moving to a 5-hit with better surrounding stats? Doing my own investigating as we speak but good to publish some info in the thread for "last page" flippers like myself. I'll post what I find too, different options and such so we could scrutinize. Cheers
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2016-03-09 07:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks in advance.

With ukon III a 5 hit with as much multistrikes as possible (after required accuracy) is going to win.

emp119 body with well augmented valorous pieces for head/hands/legs/feet is what you should aim for. You can get quadruple attack from technique augments (roll the dice with current campaign unless you're minted), but if not nice DA/acc/att Augs on the pieces are what you should be aiming for. You can hit 54 store tp required by using ginsen over yeshtila for example without any store tp Augs but will have to allow considerations in your ws sets (which ws/hits landed/store tp), which is mitigated a bit by valorous masks regain. It's most likely safer to have one store to aug or use emichio hands with their store tp+6 and high acc
[+]
By Jimmyballsack 2016-03-09 20:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so giving things a few glances over, I came up with this rough draft. Please knit-pick and tell me where you think improvements or options may be. Hopefully with some good info we could update the main page! The below is going to be for a typical low accuracy TP set for a baseline.

Sub: Bloodrain Strap
Ammo: Ginsen
Head: Valorous (Current augs: Acc+21 Att+14 Crit. hit rate+5%)
Neck: Combatant's Torque
Ear1: Brutal Earring
Ear2: Cessance Earring
Body: Boii Lorica +1
Hands: Boii Mufflers +1 Restraint up / Emicho Gauntlets Restraint down
Back: Maulers Mantle w/good augs
Waist: Windbuffet Belt +1
Leg: Odyssean Cuisses (Current augs: Acc+29 Att+21 DA+3%)
Feet: Valorous Greaves w/good augs

According to the STP calculator this build puts you over the 40 needed for a 5-hit with a 482 GA. I'm guessing the head will be better with high DA augs, and I couldn't see Valorous legs winning over Odyssean because of the latter's better native DD stats. Of course bear in mind I just unearthed WAR this week, so gear, augments, and knowledge (with the help of you guys) will get better.

Thanks; let me know^
By fillerbunny9 2016-03-09 21:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so giving things a few glances over, I came up with this rough draft. Please knit-pick and tell me where you think improvements or options may be. Hopefully with some good info we could update the main page! The below is going to be for a typical low accuracy TP set for a baseline.

According to the STP calculator this build puts you over the 40 needed for a 5-hit with a 482 GA. I'm guessing the head will be better with high DA augs, and I couldn't see Valorous legs winning over Odyssean because of the latter's better native DD stats. Of course bear in mind I just unearthed WAR this week, so gear, augments, and knowledge (with the help of you guys) will get better.

Thanks; let me know^

just from eyeballing, you are going to be falling short of the Haste cap.
By Jimmyballsack 2016-03-09 22:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

Thanks; let me know^

just from eyeballing, you are going to be falling short of the Haste cap.
My bad, I meant to place Sarissaphoroi Belt in waist slot--Windbuffet's a habit from other jobs. With that said, it's 25%, just shy of true cap. I noticed one of the sets above has the same issue.

Also, regarding Retaliation+ gear, namely AF1 hands and AF3 feet, do they need to be worn only upon activation or the entire time Retaliation is active? The testing info I found on BG doesn't state.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-10 06:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, regarding Retaliation+ gear, namely AF1 hands and AF3 feet, do they need to be worn only upon activation or the entire time Retaliation is active? The testing info I found on BG doesn't state.

Worn when retaliation procs, aka full time.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2016-03-10 15:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

with regards to the "true" haste cap, I think that with some of the larger values that we began to see after the introduction of iLevel, that the values fluctuated on the pieces themselves and that sometimes 25% was enough, others 26%, because SE and hexadecimal silliness. I do not know the method of obtaining the "true" haste value of any single piece of gear for testing, however.
[+]
By Jimmyballsack 2016-03-10 15:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Worn when retaliation procs, aka full time.

Thank you sir.

with regards to the "true" haste cap, I think that with some of the larger values that we began to see after the introduction of iLevel, that the values fluctuated on the pieces themselves and that sometimes 25% was enough, others 26%, because SE and hexadecimal silliness. I do not know the method of obtaining the "true" haste value of any single piece of gear for testing, however.

My thinking, is that I'm unsure making that tiny step to 26% by removing a main piece of superior gear for an inferior one that has another percent of haste isn't a hair worth splitting, especially given your statement regarding ilvl value fluctuations.

I won't sweat a rock solid 25% build for now.
By Blazed1979 2016-03-11 13:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to update my sets, would appreciate some input from those who have stuck around and know better:

Both Uko and Rag are i119 III'ed.

These are the sets I currently use, and not what I am aiming for. Improvements and what I should be switching in, highly appreciated. Thanks

UF:
Augments:
Body: 12str/20ATK/STP6
Hands:20STR/DA+3/haste+3
Legs:STR+14/WSDMG+2%/ACC+15/ATK+22
Feet:ACC+24/Atk+8/Crit Rate+3%
Back:STR+5/Acc+3/Crit dmg +3%
ItemSet 342466

Upheavel:
Augments:
Head:Acc+30/atk+9/WS acc +6
Body:STR+12/ACC+28/Atk+4/WS DMG +1%
Hands:STR+13/Acc+20/atk+8
Legs:STR+14/WSDMG+2%/ACC+15/ATK+22
Feet:VIT +15/Acc+23/Atk +10/ws dmg+3%
Back: Maulers same as other sets

ItemSet 342467

Resolution:
ItemSet 342468
Feet: DA+3/STP+5/HP+65
Legs: + str12/dex12/atk20

same augments as set 1 when common.
 Odin.Zadora
Server: Odin
user: Zad
By Odin.Zadora 2016-03-11 19:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to get back into playing War and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a TP and Upheaval build using Chango?
By fillerbunny9 2016-03-15 00:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

does Skormoth Mask have any place in current Warrior gear sets these days in either Fencer or two handed builds?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-03-15 02:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

does Skormoth Mask have any place in current Warrior gear sets these days in either Fencer or two handed builds?

Presuming you don't have(need) something better, I could see it being used in the Ukon AM up set.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2016-03-16 08:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question. I haven't played warrior in a while and I'd like to get back into it. I don't have any reisinjima equips yet and I don't have enough gil to throw at HQ abjurations (gearing other jobs too), but I can farm up the nq argosy set easy enough. My current activities peak at escha ru-an, so I don't need the crux of equipment for what I do. But I'd still like some advice on optimization. My tp set would look something similar to this

ItemSet 195326 ***Putting this here just for now. I'll need to look into valorious and odyssian later***

I have the accessories already. I could swap out the bomblet for ginseng, and I have caro necklace and grunfeld rope for weaponskill. No fotia pieces yet, but I can farm them easy enough if they would be applicable. My quandary comes from the weapon. G axe irks me because argosy is all strength/dex so Upheaval won't get any love, and Ukko's just feels weak without buffs that I won't have 99% of the time. I do have Minos and I can get an instigator pretty easily if upheaval would actually do me justice. I don't have a great sword, although Sarana's looks tempting to try and farm. What I DO have however is a maximum augmented Purgation, with DMG + 15, attack + 10, sTP + 6, and WSD + 4%. Would it be worth my while to take up Fencer and just grab a blurred shield and spam Ruinator?

Again, I won't be partaking in content with higher difficulty than Escha Ruan NM's. A little advice on the which weapon would suit me best is much appreciated
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-03-16 09:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Argosy has no magic evasion, so you can't use that set to kill any NMs that use a Vex/Attunement strategy. It's tolerable WS gear if you're careful about when you WS during those fights, but it's not acceptable as TP gear if you want to resist anything ever.

You're also at only 22% Haste in that set, unless I added wrong or Argosy has Haste augments.
 Bismarck.Squah
Server: Bismarck
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2016-03-16 09:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Argosy Hands path D is 2% haste for NQ so still not capped
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2016-03-16 09:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have all of the souveran set but body available already if I need to tank in magic protection equipment. I swapped the belt to Zoran's since I already own it. I understand the argosy set's weaknesses and I think can work around it whenever the situation applies. I should be enough to handle the content levels I'm working with. My real quandary is the weapon. G axe, G sword, or axe. I'm leaning toward axe currently because I have a perfect purgation in my storage, but I haven't had much time on the job and wondered if someone more experienced would recommend otherwise.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-16 09:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You absolutely do not want to TP in argosy ever. It's some of the best WS gear available and the HQ is epic for STR based WS's like Resolution, but for TP it's ***. You want to get Escha gear, mostly valorous and odyssean with 30+ accuracy augments. I use Emicho Body + Hands but some people prefer Valorous in it's place, up to you.

My WAR base TP set main slots are

119 Emp Head
HQ Emicho Body
NQ Emicho Hands (trying to find / synth the HQ version)
Odyssean Legs
Valorous Feet

Then sub in various accessories depending what I need. This gives me a metric ***ton of attack, accuracy, store TP, DA, defense and magic defense / evasion along with 2400~2500 HP. Most of this gear is fairly east to obtain with you having to play the RNGJesus game with Augments.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2016-03-16 09:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooooh, I forgot about the emicho set. I'm sure I have at least a few of those abjurations on a mule somewhere. I saw several of them last round of goblin dial abjurations. Originally when I looked the set over I only noticed the pet stats. I never realized how good of a tp set it was. I can definitely add them into a tp set.
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 224 225 226