Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Salvage 2.0 gear
Salvage 2.0 gear
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-14 12:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Azagthothe said: »
The point is that using augmented Hecatomb Subligar +1 when your critical hit rate is 10% is going to increase your DPS more than when your critical hit rate is at 46%. Having blood rage and potency up is going to decrease the value of using augmented Hecatomb Subligar +1.

Wow, so you're saying when Blood Rage and Potency are up, it makes more sense to NOT use them? I've always read and been told by quite a few WAR in game that it's only worth going for critical hit rate %+ equipment when you can reach near 50%, and better to not go for it when you can't, and that on most mobs with Ukko's native critical hit rate %, you can usually get near tha 50%.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-14 12:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Azagthothe said: »
The point is that using augmented Hecatomb Subligar +1 when your critical hit rate is 10% is going to increase your DPS more than when your critical hit rate is at 46%. Having blood rage and potency up is going to decrease the value of using augmented Hecatomb Subligar +1.

Thank you. This is exactly what I've been trying to say, and doing a ***job apparently as only like 3 people have understood. Although Prothe selectively quoting what I said didn't help, I'm sure.

DeathOfSiren said: »
been told by quite a few WAR in game that it's only worth going for critical hit rate %+ equipment when you can reach near 50%

Stop listening to them.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-14 12:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I think I misread that now. Wow.
By Kyler 2012-12-14 14:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is in the shitter, needs flushing.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-14 15:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

been told by quite a few WAR in game

I found your problem.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-12-14 23:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyler said: »
This thread is in the shitter, needs flushing.

Ignore button on DoS made it much easier to read.

Was looking over the gear and not really seeing much for WAR Rag Res spammage. Ker's body looks like an Armadaberk that traded in the sTP / DA for haste. Might be interesting for some setups. Some of it screamed "Upheavel set".
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-15 00:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still confused on subligar. I thought crit rate was similar to multi-attack in that the more you have, the less valuable each additional point was. So like war having nutso da in some situations got much less out of adding da than say drk/sam who had much less. So saying that using crit rate gear at high crit rates was less useful than other stats especially as crit dDex go up. The whole subligar only in Abby or with bloodrage seems really counter productive. What am i missing? Or is that just a pile of crap perpetuated by the masses?
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-15 00:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
I'm still confused on subligar. I thought crit rate was similar to multi-attack in that the more you have, the less valuable each additional point was. So like war having nutso da in some situations got much less out of adding da than say drk/sam who had much less. So saying that using crit rate gear at high crit rates was less useful than other stats especially as crit dDex go up. The whole subligar only in Abby or with bloodrage seems really counter productive. What am i missing? Or is that just a pile of crap perpetuated by the masses?

You aren't missing anything. You're correct, that was my point from the start of the page, a certain other person spammed a bunch of incorrect crap and just admitted he was wrong.

That said, you should be using it in abyssea not because of the increased crit rate, but because of the increased crit damage you get from atmas.

But beyond that exception you're spot on.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-15 01:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Abby is a whole different beast anyway, but I'm not talking about Abby. So now I'm curious about legs. Atm i use ogiers for acc, avant +1 if I'm under buffed but hit rate is capped, af2+2 in a high buff situation. Assuming I'm not sitting in jueno doing math, where the hell do are's +1 and hecatomb fit into that, cause 5 ws sets its HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-15 03:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, I was way off. Thought I knew what I was talking about from the group I was getting my information from. Apparently it was wrong information.

I apologize to you Altar for being a douche bag. I got caught up in thinking I was right when I wasn't.
[+]
 Odin.Registry
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-12-15 03:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Abby is a whole different beast anyway, but I'm not talking about Abby. So now I'm curious about legs. Atm i use ogiers for acc, avant +1 if I'm under buffed but hit rate is capped, af2+2 in a high buff situation. Assuming I'm not sitting in jueno doing math, where the hell do are's +1 and hecatomb fit into that, cause 5 ws sets its HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Ogier's for uncapped accuracy. <--- for sure.

Avant +1 for capped accuracy but uncapped attack. ---- I'll have to double check how uncapped you actually need to be for these to beat Ares +1. This is mostly going to depend on dDEX.

Relic +2 with warrior's charge up. ---- I never bothered carrying these around with me, 1/5 charge merits and even in high buff situations it's only 1% DA over Avant +1.

Ares +1 for capped accuracy/attack. ---- I'll have to double check... they may not even be worth the inventory slot if they're only for Ukko's. Again, more than likely going to depend on dDEX.

Wow, I was way off. Thought I knew what I was talking about from the group I was getting my information from. Apparently it was wrong information.

I apologize to you Altar for being a douche bag. I got caught up in thinking I was right when I wasn't.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-15 04:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still confused on subligar. I thought crit rate was similar to multi-attack in that the more you have, the less valuable each additional point was.
The gains from DA are also linear. The only thing that diminishes DA is QA and TA.
[+]
 Odin.Registry
By Odin.Registry 2012-12-15 04:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I'm still confused on subligar. I thought crit rate was similar to multi-attack in that the more you have, the less valuable each additional point was.
The gains from DA are also linear. The only thing that diminishes DA is QA and TA.

When you start from zero, which... you essentially are.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-15 04:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Registry said: »

When you start from zero, which... you essentially are.
No, any time at all.

If I have 50% DA, my hit per round is 1.5. With 65% DA, it's 1.65. Doesn't diminish at all. The "Diminishing returns" people talk about is the percent gain of DA from X to Y, not the actual result, which is linear.
 Odin.Registry
By Odin.Registry 2012-12-15 04:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, what I mean is (I think this is what you just said?)...

The percent gain in hits per round is greater when you're going from 0% to 1% than it is when you're going from 50% to 51%, comparatively.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-15 04:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Do people really need to be told the obvious?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Raksha
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Raksha 2012-12-15 09:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The "Diminishing returns" people talk about is the percent gain of DA from X to Y, not the actual result, which is linear.

This is because people dont understand the difference between Diminishing Returns and Dimnishing Marginal Utility.

I've pretty much given up arguing with people about it. Not like it really matters what you call it.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-15 10:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

1 more da is still 1 more, but adding 1% starting at 0 is far more valuable than adding 1% starting at 40. That's beside the point, I'm just trying to figure out what pieces i can drop, obviously 3% ta would beat 3% da even if war didn't have so much.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-15 11:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't work like that.

Well, what I mean is (I think this is what you just said?)...

The percent gain in hits per round is greater when you're going from 0% to 1% than it is when you're going from 50% to 51%, comparatively.
That's not what I'm saying at all.

X = DA%, Y = Average hits per round.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-15 11:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

1 more da is still 1 more, but adding 1% starting at 0 is far more valuable than adding 1% starting at 40. That's beside the point, I'm just trying to figure out what pieces i can drop, obviously 3% ta would beat 3% da even if war didn't have so much.

It's never obvious, you have to calculate it since TA excludes DA.
If your number of hits per round is better with TA then TA is better.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-15 12:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you have 26% da as your base. Iirc that's what i have excluding legs. 1.26 attacks per round.

Adding 3% ta would add .09 att/round right, since each adds 3 per 100 attack rounds. 3% da adding .06. 1.35 vs 1.31. I can't see any situation where equal amounts doesn't favor qa > ta > da, especially since ta devalues da even more.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-15 12:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

26% DA, add 3% TA would be 1.3122
26% DA, add 3% DA would be 1.29
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-15 12:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

It's never obvious, you have to calculate it since TA excludes DA.
If your number of hits per round is better with TA then TA is better.

When would 3DA ever beat 3TA o.o
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-15 12:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they mean it because of the DA damage+ on relic pants?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-15 12:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said: »
When would 3DA ever beat 3TA o.o
It doesn't.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-15 12:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been saying that ***for years, and I always got the "no, it's diminishing returns when you stack it". I hate people lol
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-15 12:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ogier's for uncapped accuracy. <--- for sure.
Just because curveballs are fun, Heca+1 can still be better depending on how much accuracy you need, if you get acc+6 on them (~12 acc total). I'm pretty sure all the comparisons in the WAR gear threads assume you don't have this augment because they actually come out quite good in the spreadsheet.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-15 12:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The da damage on af2+2 doesn't work with ws, so no, other that wc crit rate aug the only thing they have over other legs is the da. As for the whole diminishing returns, i think its just poorly worded. As in, adding 3% from 0 being a larger percent of increase in attacks per round than adding it to say 25% da. Its the same increase in attacks per round, but it is a smaller portion of your attack per round total.

Its still wrong, but it sorta makes sense why they say it