Stellar Blade Leaked Demo (Nier Automata Clone?)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Stellar Blade Leaked Demo (Nier Automata clone?)
Stellar Blade Leaked Demo (Nier Automata clone?)
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
By Afania 2024-04-22 09:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Not sure about you

I was being sarcastic. I thought the "ban this sort of thing" would be clue enough.

Also note to self - visit Busan.

Not sure about you but I'm used to seeing that "unrealistic standard of beauty"

Of course it is achievable, South Korea has the biggest plastic surgery industry in the world and at least 1/4 of South Korean females use it according to polls lol.

Power of science.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-22 10:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Also note to self - visit Busan.

Yes it's really that awesome a place. Mix of fast city life combined with ocean side chill. Hyundai beach is cool enough but kinda touristy, way better place is gwangalli. You can just walk the beach front and see folks busking or just hanging out and laughing.
By RadialArcana 2024-04-22 11:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Of course it is achievable, South Korea has the biggest plastic surgery industry in the world and at least 1/4 of South Korean females use it according to polls lol.

stop using twitter fatties cope
By Afania 2024-04-22 11:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

I didn't reference anything from Twitter lol, not sure what you mean. I only read poll data and present them, that's all.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-22 12:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

He's ... horribly misinformed. It's common for those not native to that culture to have this massive over reaction to the word "plastic surgery" and think US Hollywood. The on the ground reality is that while cosmetic surgery is common, most of it is the double eyelid surgery follows by breast surgery.

https://www.vippskorea.com/face/eye-surgery/double-eyelid-surgery.html

The reasons for this is extremely simple, to get a wealthier husband along with better job prospects.

Every social study ever conducted shows that attractive people get treated better. Westerners like to BS each other about how "enlightened" they are, but reality is they also treat attractive people better. It's a result of the human condition, win the genetic lottery and you get treated better. Korean is a hyper competitive society, everyone is competing in ultra fast mode to climb the social ladder and they are brutally honest about that. Put that together with modern medicine and women who might not of won the genetic lottery can use money to compete with the women who did.

But notice none of that has to do with obesity rates or the fact that western diets and lifestyle makes us fat as hell. Too much high density processed carbs jacking our body fat percentage into the stratosphere while we gaslight ourselves into "body positivity" along all the health issues that comes with.

:Edit:
Forgot to add something about their health system. Korean has a national healthcare system that is a hybrid of the European and American systems. Nationally they have a health board that sets the prices of all common and necessary procedures but all the providers are privately owned. It's a very practical system, cancer screenings and treatment up to stage 3, stage 4 / terminal is "on your own". Eye frames are covered but not contact lenses, teeth cleanings and basic procedures but not braces or cosmetic work. Pretty much nothing cosmetic is covered, making cosmetic surgery the best way to make money, if the doctor is good. Cosmetic doctors with proven track records are practically celebrities over there.
[+]
By Afania 2024-04-22 12:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's common for those not native to that culture to have this massive over reaction to the word "plastic surgery" and think US Hollywood.

Duh, it is a country with the highest plastic surgery rate in the world, of course what is considered "normal" in Korea is not "normal" for everyone else.

It is critism from people with a different pov, not overreaction.

The reasons for this is extremely simple, to get a wealthier husband along with better job prospects.

Put that together with modern medicine and women who might not of won the genetic lottery can use money to compete with the women who did.

Thank you for pointing out exactly what's wrong.
Liking pretty girls in a video game is one thing and that's perfectly fine. When you start to justify worshipping plastic surgery industry because people who can't afford it can't get well paying job so they have to pay the extra just to compete in the society, this is not fair in anyway.

Keep in mind that 2% of the Korean males undergone surgery, so this burden is one sided to begin with.

but reality is they also treat attractive people better.

So? What matters is how big the difference is without them, not if they existed.
By Pantafernando 2024-04-22 14:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We want less text and more images.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-22 14:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiggle physics
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-22 15:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I will write a controversial opinion, but….

Since the beginning, i always felt like Eves appearance is kinda like the generic cute girl.

I dont see any unique aspect in her face to mark her as a memorable character. People certainly will remember more her body than her face, whats kinda lazy, given that all secondary character ive seen so far seemed more carefully done in that aspect.

I mean, you can recognize 2B, A2 from a mile of distance. But what about a ponytail with bangs girl? Give her glasses, and she could be a random nerd in high school
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-22 16:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Not sure how much we can get away with..

I've driven over that bridge so many times...
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-04-22 17:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind that 2% of the Korean males undergone surgery, so this burden is one sided to begin with.
Find it interesting you put a number on the male bit but did not for the female bit you mentioned earlier. Edit, realized you did put a number on it but said "1/4th of South Korean women" which is likely an incorrect statement.

lazy googling shows me that:
Quote:
According to a Statista survey in 2020 which interviewed a total of 1,500 people, plastic surgery is prevalent among young women in South Korea. Nearly 25% of women aged 19–29 have undergone plastic surgery, while men have only undergone surgery 2% of the times.
So maybe you got your 2% number from that?

Well here is the graph from that survey:

To get the actual data it looks like you would need to make an account or pay for it, but I am not really wanting to do that...
So sticking with the 19-29 demo that the qoute talked about and that is related to the 2% comment, lets assume half the 1500 respondents are women so 750. then using this page Demographics of South Korea I swag that there is 2.625m women between 19-29, the total number of women is 25.86m.

So we can call it 10%, so that means we have 10% of the 750 which is 75 and 25% of that responded "I have had surgery", so 19 people. which seems like a lot, but 75 people doesn't seem like a large sample to be making a wide statement based on their age demos and I do not see any conclusions based on the total number of women responses like "X% of all women" I can only imagine the number is not as "shocking" so it doesnt bubble up to a headline that way, hence it is more effective to package it the way it is, to help present the "problem"

I will concede that my swag could be pretty far off if they idk polled people outside of a night club or concert, where the demographics would be more skewed, but then so would there data in whether people have had plastic surgery.

I am really just not interested in "buying" info of a survey on Korean plastic surgery trends, but I would like to discuss it further if anyone else is interested :D
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-04-22 17:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
Graph
She made a graph! +1 This person
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-04-22 17:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Graph
She made a graph! +1 This person
I did not make it, I found it, laying on the ground outside of Seoul

But like Pantafernando did ask for more image so I wanted to be sure to include some :)
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-22 17:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI, Stellar Blade's protagonist is based on a real person, a model named Shin Jae-eun. This is her. Picture from instagerm, if it's okay for them it's okay for this.

The face is their own, and I guess they didn't put much emphasis on it.

Was even an article about it when all the "going to the gym is too hard" wah-wahs started.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-22 18:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

To get the actual data it looks like you would need to make an account or pay for it, but I am not really wanting to do that...
So sticking with the 19-29 demo that the qoute talked about and that is related to the 2% comment, lets assume half the 1500 respondents are women so 750. then using this page Demographics of South Korea I swag that there is 2.625m women between 19-29, the total number of women is 25.86m.

Thing is, it doesn't mention what kinds of "plastic surgery", we're throwing all of it into a giant bucket. The majority of that number is the double eyelid surgery, it's usually done as a gift from the parents during the break between middle school and high school. Breast surgery is the next most common, and affluent families will do that after Highschool but before she starts university. Like I said above, it's all done to better the change at snagging a wealthy connected future husband.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-22 18:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI, Stellar Blade's protagonist is based on a real person, a model named Shin Jae-eun. This is her. Picture from instagerm, if it's okay for them it's okay for this.

Well I was trying to stay away from possibly photoshopped Instagram stuff, but yeah a good body is obtainable for virtually anyone. Physically disabled people I give a pass, they got bigger issues anyway, but the rest of the population can definitely drop the ridiculous amount of fat they are carrying around.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-04-22 18:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing is, it doesn't mention what kinds of "plastic surgery", we're throwing all of it into a giant bucket. The majority of that number is the double eyelid surgery, it's usually done as a gift from the parents during the break between middle school and high school. Breast surgery is the next most common, and affluent families will do that after Highschool but before she starts university. Like I said above, it's all done to better the change at snagging a wealthy connected future husband.
Not only that but is does not specify whether it was elective or not, but that could just be a lazy translation of the question asked.

I do think it is a bit silly to measure another culture by their choice of elective procedures. The cost and social value will impact the popularity of the procedure.

Like are we going to have a discussion on the increase of American men getting their hair "fixed"? Or is that considered just something they should need to do? Or is it just acceptable because of how the procedure is done?
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-22 19:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Her body is not photoshopped. She is a model.

And all the plastic surgery in the world won't turn a lazy *** into a fit person. Can temporarily, say from liposuction, make some changes but unless it is accompanied by good eating habits and frequent exercise, it will only be temporary.

Being healthy and fit is a lifetime pursuit for those that do it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-22 20:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Her body is not photoshopped. She is a model.

And all the plastic surgery in the world won't turn a lazy *** into a fit person. Can temporarily, say from liposuction, make some changes but unless it is accompanied by good eating habits and frequent exercise, it will only be temporary.

Being healthy and fit is a lifetime pursuit for those that do it.

There are IG and photoshop filters that can now make bodies look different, my wife used to do that for a living before we got married. And while I agree with you, we know some neckbeard is going to say something.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-22 20:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how much we can get away with..

I've driven over that bridge so many times...

All perfectly fine, and if you did get a bit more risky...

[+]
By Afania 2024-04-23 00:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well here is the graph from that survey

Upvoted for finding the graphs. :D

My point is that genetically speaking Koreans are close to mongolian so a large portion of them has single eyelid. This contradicts east Asian beauty standards so they tend to change that .

Saev mentioned you see beautiful people like that everywhere in korea which is the result of many people who fixed their eyelid lol. But somehow this is now a "standard" that people needs to follow because competition!

Her body is not photoshopped. Sheis a model.

I said nothing about being fat, I have no idea why you people keep focusing on that.

My opinion is focusing on face mostly. The model is scanned but the real model's eyes is much smaller than in game character. This is because in east Asia big eyes=beautiful so they give video game character really big eyes.

Not saying beautifying a video game character is wrong, nor I think it should be banned. But when people start saying "this is normal looking people irl, they are average everywhere!!!" I have to roll my eyes lol. Can we just keep this as a "want" but not a "need" lol.

There is a lot of plastic surgery supply chain in east Asia that tried to insert certain beauty standard in TV shows and YouTube content in the past 10 years, so they can make more money. And this industry is still growing fast as a result. And I am against the whole propaganda of such look being "normal", which turns "want" into "need".
By Afania 2024-04-23 01:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

"1/4th of South Korean women" which is likely an incorrect statement.

but I would like to discuss it further if anyone else is interested :D

I don't know if the number is 100% accurate but it is very possible that it is not far from reality.

More detailed info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmetic_surgery_in_South_Korea

Quote:
According to a Statista survey in 2020 which interviewed a total of 1,500 people, plastic surgery is prevalent among young women in South Korea. Nearly 25% of women aged 19–29 have undergone plastic surgery, while men have only undergone surgery 2% of the times. This number increases to 31% of women and 4% of men among 30–39-year-olds

Quote:
the question "can a woman get plastic surgery for marriage" was agreed with by just 38% of respondents in 1994, but by 66% of respondents in 2015. In the same survey, the amount of women that had plastic surgery climbed from 5% in 1994 to 31% in 2015.

Quote:
South Korea's cosmetic surgery is a market leader, with South Korea taking a 25% share in the global market.

Quote:
A study made by Charlotte N. Markeya and Patrick M. Markeya show there is a correlation between reality television viewing and interest in cosmetic surgery

Quote:
Another study made by Young A. Kim.....affirms that the rise of the beauty standards conveyed by television, internet, actors and stars of K-pop affect people's mental health by decreasing their self-esteem and increasing their anxiety.

None of what I said should be too different from what researchers said about this phenomenon.
By Pantafernando 2024-04-23 02:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a suitable definition of our role is human physique connoisseur.

Those that call us pervs arent more than shallow critics that oversimplifies an healthy hobby.
By RadialArcana 2024-04-23 03:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Men and women are not the same, we evolved over countless generations to be the way we are today and pander to each others desires. You cannot just throw a percentage for men and women and just take it at face value.

People do not choose what they are attracted to, it's subconscious and your subconscious is basically deciding for you based on archaic desirable traits that have been proven to work through countless generations of gene survival of the fittest contests.

Men are mainly attracted to youth, beauty and feminine personality traits. (these are all positives for having children, it is irrelevant if you consciously do not want children)

Women are mainly attracted to older men who are taller, make more money, have high confidence. (these are all positives for having children and wanting a provider that can keep them safe, it is irrelevant if you consciously do not want children)

Men are not shallow because we like these things, we evolved to be this way. We cannot fight against our nature, anymore than a woman can when she is impressed when you pick her up in a nice car and wearing expensive clothes.

The hottest thing in the world to most men is an 18 year old girl (or effectively, younger than him) with a fit young body. The hottest thing in the world to most women is a man that is taller than her, older than her and has more money than her. Men are not forcing younger women to date them as older men, women also want that. Which is why most couples are this way.

As such, women are far more likely to cheat the game of attraction and success by getting plastic surgery, they are vying for attention above and beyond the millions of other women and how women look is very important and always will be. Because a man is not going to get the same kind of advantage from having plastic surgery as a woman is (unless he is trying to appeal to other men, gay men actually have a far harder time than women do in terms of dating and large numbers of plastic surgery / steroid use among men is gay men).

So yeah, no crap women get plastic surgery more. Cause it works for them and they are trying to get an advantage over other women. If it worked in reverse and men could vastly increase their dating and social media success by doing it, then it would be mostly men getting it by a vastly higher degree.

Korea has such high plastic surgery rates because of the idol culture there, getting plastic surgery makes you more appealing to millions of others and that's big money in the social media age. It's simple survival of the fitt...hottest.

Just look at Twitch. A great cheat code to be more successful is getting a boob job and putting on a low cut top while you play vidya, there is no comparative surgery men can get that will work this way for us. Men just have to be interesting or good at the game.

If women evolved to be as visually orientated as men are, most men would all be walking around roided out of our minds and with implants stuck in everything. They didn't so we don't do it, effectively we both pander to the desires of the other. Cause if we don't, we fail. Women pander to men desires, and men pander to women desires.

A product (movie or video game), is effectively trying to hack into this natural attraction system. This is why Stellar Blade, Nier Automata and all these other games do it. Cause it works, why fail when you can win?

---

Also women are far more aggressive and abusive to other women than men are to women, pretty / young women get more abuse and bullying from older women 10+ years older than them online than from any other group.

This argument against pretty women in video games and movies is stupid and childish, it is irrelevant. As long as pretty women can succeed by being pretty and young (which will always be the case) it does not matter what you do. Twitch, Tiktok, Youtube all allow women to succeed based on looks, these are the things women consume far more than anything else to compare themselves to other women. Also changing these things in video games and movies won't change what men find attractive either, even if some feminists think otherwise.

Ugly women in video games and movies ain't gonna do anything to anything, except sour the core audience to the products.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-04-23 04:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I will write a controversial opinion, but….

Since the beginning, i always felt like Eves appearance is kinda like the generic cute girl.

I dont see any unique aspect in her face to mark her as a memorable character. People certainly will remember more her body than her face, whats kinda lazy, given that all secondary character ive seen so far seemed more carefully done in that aspect.

I mean, you can recognize 2B, A2 from a mile of distance. But what about a ponytail with bangs girl? Give her glasses, and she could be a random nerd in high school

I agree, however I think the reason they stuck with this look is they are trying to offer a Korean kpop idol look that is kind of unique. Stellar Blade is actually a big deal for Korea, this will probably be the 2nd AAA game they produce that will do well (lies of P being the first) and they need to make sure people know it's not just some JP game.

However she is still very appealing, and part of that is there is an uglification strat in effect in western media right now (to try grow the market among women lol).

The main reason Stellar Blade is going to be so successful is the actual game is very good however.
By Afania 2024-04-23 07:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why what I said triggered so many people. I said nothing negative about Stellar blade, I didn't attack the game nor people who made/like them.

I didn't say Bibi(that Korean singer in MV)'s beauty is unachievable. I didn't say plastic surgery should be banned nor tell people never use it.

All I ever said was disagreeing with the statement below:

Not sure about you but I'm used to seeing that "unrealistic standard of beauty" every day in ordinary people. Just head over to keimyungdae or dongseongro on the weekends, and those "unreasonable beauty standards" are just kinda common and not special.

Bibi's appearance is certainly on the upper tier or above average compare with most people. But some people pretend this is average because plastic surgery is popular which pushed the real average higher. So that means any average people who can't afford or choose not to do the surgery are below average now? I just can't say this is right.

If you like pretty video game characters, then keep them in the video game space. Stop expanding this propaganda into rl. :(
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-23 08:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop expanding this propaganda into rl. :(
The propaganda isnt about making "pretty video game characters". The propaganda going on for the last decade is making every female video game character ***.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-23 08:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Korea has such high plastic surgery rates because of the idol culture there, getting plastic surgery makes you more appealing to millions of others and that's big money in the social media age. It's simple survival of the fitt...hottest.

That whole K-pop thing is more foreigner orientated, it's Korea's version of Britney Spears or Justin Berber. Only middle and highschool kids really get into it with most eventually losing interest after university. Plastic surgery is for what I mentioned earlier, to increase chances of getting a well connected husband.

The whole feminist "burn your bras" thing never really took off over there, huge cultural expectation for people to form families and have children. Your children are your retirement plan, "not wanting a family" is considered abnormal and will have the older adults look at you weird. Children are super expensive, all the after school hagwons and private teachers you need adds up. If you don't send them to those schools and get those teachers then they will not be competitive with the mothers who do send them. If they are not competitive then they will not get the grades require to get into upper tier universities and will not rub elbows with the children of upper end families, severely limiting future social connections. Being successful becomes much harder when you do not have well connected university friends.

Every society works this way, westerners just like to gaslight themselves into thinking it doesn't. The culture over there is pure and raw about how life is competitive. You spend your youth studying as hard as possible to get the highest score possible on a single test you take in HS that gets you into the universities where you meet your future friends and spouse. Men bust their butts off to make money while women try to be as attractive as possible to stand out to the men who successfully made money.

Many late nights with by friends drinking lots of beer, soju and eating various anju to have these discussions. To and include the whole wife vs mistress dynamic, yes that exists.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-23 08:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bibi's appearance is certainly on the upper tier or above average compare with most people. But some people pretend this is average because plastic surgery is popular which pushed the real average higher. So that means any average people who can't afford or choose not to do the surgery are below average now? I just can't say this is right.

No, sorry, this is completely missing the point.

Bibi, the singer in the video, has a body that I see all the time on women at the gym. Are those women average? No, they are regular gym goers and that's not what the average person does. But it is very achievable without plastic surgery.

That is the issue here, that most people have standardised being unfit and unhealthy and that is now considered "normal". Normal in the sense of, a large majority of people fall into that category hence it is normalised.

Her looks, body wise, is perfectly achievable by eating healthy and regular exercise. But that takes dedication, time and discipline.

Her face is likely enhanced, and above average. I do not expect pop singers to have average looks and neither should you.

It's really not that hard to look good. Eat healthy, stay fit, be consistent.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-04-23 08:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Every society works this way, westerners just like to gaslight themselves into thinking it doesn't. The culture over there is pure and raw about how life is competitive. You spend your youth studying as hard as possible to get the highest score possible on a single test you take in HS that gets you into the universities where you meet your future friends and spouse. Men bust their butts off to make money while women try to be as attractive as possible to stand out to the men who successfully made money.

Glad I dont live in this world, I almost failed high school which was where I met my husband (been together for 14 years), I make more than double what he makes, because I am a software engineer and he is a veterinary technician. And while I am currently attending college it is online and only because my company wants me to have a piece of paper, which since they are footing the bill I dont mind it, but online means I am not making "connections" with anyone.

I think it is foolish to make such an extreme generalization about the world, many societies work differently, because they have different values.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10