Did Ff16 Flop?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Did ff16 flop?
Did ff16 flop?
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 21 22 23
By Godfry 2024-05-13 16:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
He is REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY miffed about that godskin duo comment.

Admit it Nynja.. Admit you went full OP moonveil build early. lmao!! And you liked and subscribed!!
By Viciouss 2024-05-13 16:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Godfry said: »
Viciouss said: »
Nah. Keep trying though. I said I slept the duo because of my previous experiences in not only Elden Ring but other games, including Final Fantasy. As Vyre and I have both told you, sleeping mobs is not a novel concept. I tried to sleep *every* Elden Ring boss at least one time, just to see if it would work. Again its called playing the game. You have to search for the weaknesses of the bosses. Didn't watch a single tutorial video, unlike you apparently.

Lmao... what other arena with multiple bosses did you sleep in Dark Souls? Why did you not know a boss weakness in DS3? Cause once you know their weakness they become pretty manageable. What prepared you for Elden Ring but not DS3?

"These guys are hard... but with my vast knowledge of previous DS games and Final Fantasy, I'll just sleep one of them". Come on buddy...

Again you are desperately trying to move the goalposts while looking like a fool. I said I *tried* to sleep them *one time* I never said I succeeded. You aren't making any kind of a point, other than you aren't good at Souls games. There are plenty of people here that are great at them, it's not just me. Prothescar, Vyre, Kalilla, (we miss you). But not Godfry.

And just to note, the duo wasn't hard. It literally went: oh, they sleep. Okay, these guys are toast. One attempt per playthrough. I understand if you struggled though. It's perfectly okay. Maybe next time, don't choose this hill to die on. Edit - And boy are you dying.
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-05-13 16:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Remember that a 202X "8" may as well be a zero.

we measure 8-10 now, that's how stupid scores have gotten.

It's user reviews, not critics I was linking. FF16 got 8.1. Elden Ring got an 8.0.

All I was saying is that there are plenty of people who think the game is good, that's all.

This tells me you didn't even click the link and just saw metacritic and assumed.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-05-13 17:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Sleeping monsters as a form of crowd control has been a thing in RPGs since the 80s, and given that it sometimes works on bosses, even in old RPGs, it's not a stretch to give it a try on things in Elden Ring.
But, the real question is:
can you sleep mobs (or bosses) in FF16?
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-13 17:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I said I *tried* to sleep them *one time* I never said I succeeded.

Lmao... dude.. you literally make no sense, cause as far as I know they are pretty weak to sleep. How do you consider yourself good while at the same time say you failed to sleep them?

Geez...
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-13 17:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course I looked. Thats why i said an 8 may as well be a zero.
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-05-13 17:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You can post that boomer chart as much as you like. I'm not talking about critic reviews lol.

Now these are games that the majority disliked:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/diablo-immortal/user-reviews/?platform=ios-iphoneipad

https://www.metacritic.com/game/warcraft-iii-reforged/user-reviews/?platform=pc
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-13 17:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Sleeping monsters as a form of crowd control has been a thing in RPGs since the 80s, and given that it sometimes works on bosses, even in old RPGs, it's not a stretch to give it a try on things in Elden Ring.
But, the real question is:
can you sleep mobs (or bosses) in FF16?
>_> No...

But you can uhm... whip them up into a Tornado that holds them aloft for a bit. Or snap freeze them for a few seconds with Shiva's dash dodge. You can also bind enemies with Bahamut's Flare Breath.

But I don't think there was a sleep option afair. Q,Q
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-13 17:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Remember that a 202X "8" may as well be a zero.

we measure 8-10 now, thats how stupid scores have gotten.

Maybe, just maybe, modern games quality on average improved, hence the more games scored 8-10.

Personally I had great difficulty playing most games from 2000-2015, they just feel dated and not as fun. 1990-1995 arcade style games or platforming are the only old games that I can still play and enjoy, mostly because they only last for an hour and mechanics are simple but they worked.

most of my favorite games are all released in 2018 or later.

I can totally see why modern games score higher. If I am a reviewer I would probably give modern games higher scores too.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-05-13 17:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

But I don't think there was a sleep option afair. Q,Q
DEFINITELY A FLOP

/thread
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2024-05-13 17:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Another game that is disliked because it was boring and poor:
https://www.metacritic.com/game/suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league/user-reviews/?platform=playstation-5

Get the idea yet or should I keep going?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-13 17:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »
https://www.metacritic.com/game/final-fantasy-xvi/user-reviews/?platform=playstation-5

Yup, no one thinks 16 is a good game. Only gethelpnerd (the irony in the name is funny at least) knows how good the game is.
All (ok most, like 95%) the negative reviews are "REEEE ITS NOT TURN BASED" or "game is easy I can win just pressing square".

The first is entirely a user problem. If they saw all the previews of FF16 and expected a turn based game, thats on them. "I expected a turn based JRPG and got an action game" does not make it a bad game. FF15 and FF7R were not JRPG games, so its like this was an out of left field change for the Final Fantasy brand.
The second is just a brazen lie. Sure, its not SoulsBorne difficult, but implying "the game is so easy I win by pressing square" implies they didnt play the game very far, because I can assure you, you can not win by "just pressing square"
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-13 17:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

From some of those negative reviews:

Quote:
I played for 20 hours or so and it never changed from walk a bit, fight, walk a bit, fight, walk a bit, fight, walk a bit, miniboss, walk a bit, fight, walk a bit, and end up on a big platform which indicates a boss fight and end of that area. There are no surprises whatsoever, the recipe is always the same. One could argue games are always like that, which I suppose it is, but in FFXVI it just feels wrong for some reason.
"Every game follows this model, but I hate it in FF16". What kind of argument is that lmao.

Quote:
just using Eikon abilities on huge cool downs
Can you believe that abilities have cooldowns?!? Unheard of in any other game.

And before anyone says "I can spam abilities in Elden ring with no timer", its tied to FP so no you cant spam Corpse Piler non stop forever. That is its own cooldown.
By Viciouss 2024-05-13 17:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking back at 16, the premise of the review remains the same. The gameplay is what you make it. It can be a really difficult game if you don't use the rings that make dodging and attacking automatic. So if you want a challenging combat system it can absolutely oblige you. That doesn't even count Hard Mode which opens up more eikons and features.

The story has a ton of lore but unfortunately...most of it ends up being pretty irrelevant. The main plot doesn't end that great. The sidequests are atrocious. Graphically it's uh...too good for a PS5. It almost feels like it was made for a PS5 Pro. These are top end graphics.

It's not SE's worst effort, it's not worse than FF15 and I wouldn't even say it's worse than 13. It has a beginning, a middle, and an end. If you don't have it, wait for the PC version. It will at least run a lot better on a top end PC.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-13 20:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Why hate on DMC?
It's... tricky
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-05-14 13:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sensarity said: »
Elden Ring didn't really go Game of Thrones at all.
They simply hired GRRM to write the lore, and that was it. They didn't reinvent anything or copy GoT in any way besides that.
You reminded me of this YT short
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/u9QjjBFOXpY

Idk if it's possible to get it to work embedded
By GetHelpNerd 2024-05-14 16:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry zeig you didn't get the memo.

we are no longer talking about SEs success since japanese investors are fleeing the ship as fast as possible causing the stock to drop 16% over night due to a profit loss of near 40% YOY
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-14 17:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

GetHelpNerd said: »
sorry zeig you didn't get the memo.

we are no longer talking about SEs success since japanese investors are fleeing the ship as fast as possible causing the stock to drop 16% over night due to a profit loss of near 40% YOY

Aahhwhatttaaaaa??? Unbelievyyy... imy told ff16 great reception se rocks sales very biggg....
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-05-14 18:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

GetHelpNerd said: »
we are no longer talking about SE
It's cool, I never did
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-14 18:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a good time to buy the dip.
By Draylo 2024-05-14 21:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Its weird how theres so many stans for 16, but nobody coming to defend 7 rebirth. That game was fantastic, the lack of sales don't make sense to me. Even have videos asking if part 3 is in jeopardy, like they would cancel it. We need to save Cloud

[+]
By Viciouss 2024-05-14 21:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Exclusivity. But no, Part 3 is in no danger. It will probably be SE's last exclusive game though.
By Godfry 2024-05-14 21:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Exclusivity. But no, Part 3 is in no danger. It will probably be SE's last exclusive game though.

lol.. the copium is hard with these guys. TLU was exclusive and so was Bloodborne. What's your rationale for those?

The game sucked, that's about it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-14 21:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It really is mostly due to exclusivity. It's not the only reason, but clearly handicapped them both.

Seems obvious. 4 acceptable mediums to put it on, and they only used 1, 25% of the available pool is just a bad idea.

Hope the sony bribes were quite large.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-05-14 21:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

lol.. the copium is hard with these guys. TLU was exclusive and so was Bloodborne. What's your rationale for those?

The game sucked, that's about it.

Don't need rationale, don't need to cope with anything. Go back to bed.
By Godfry 2024-05-14 21:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's just pretend that exclusives like The Last of Us, Zeldas, Bloodborne don't exist. Let's get high on copium!

By Viciouss 2024-05-14 21:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's just pretend that exclusives like The Last of Us, Zeldas, Bloodborne don't exist. Let's get high on copium!

/Yawn. I think we found someone dumber than RadialArcana, who would have thought it possible?
By Godfry 2024-05-14 21:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

/Yawn. I think we found someone dumber than RadialArcana, who would have thought it possible?

A. It wasn't successful because it was PS exclusive.

B. What about these other PS exclusives (or nintendo) that were pretty successful?

A.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-14 21:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's get high on copium!
I googled this...

It's not real guys.
[+]