Random Politics & Religion #27

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #27
Random Politics & Religion #27
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 50 51 52
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-17 18:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carp.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-17 18:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Can't make this carp up department:

“You can’t just lie on TV.” Two news anchors nail Trump campaign official live on air
Quote:
An official with Donald Trump's re-election campaign appeared on MSNBC and immediately begin lying about Trump's economic record. The two anchors, who have decades of financial reporting experience, immediately eviscerated his argument.
Shareblue Media (I think this might lean left)
TLDR: They can and do but not this dweeb to this pair.

ShariaBlue is what it's referred to as. They're very left in their opinions and analysis but do report on actual events etc.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-17 19:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Can't make this carp up department:

“You can’t just lie on TV.” Two news anchors nail Trump campaign official live on air
Quote:
An official with Donald Trump's re-election campaign appeared on MSNBC and immediately begin lying about Trump's economic record. The two anchors, who have decades of financial reporting experience, immediately eviscerated his argument.
Shareblue Media (I think this might lean left)
TLDR: They can and do but not this dweeb to this pair.

That was a hit piece, I checked and there wasn't any actual data used just opinions tossed about. Then a ton of trump hate poured on top as sauce.

Plus it's an MSNBC article, you know those guys who were declaring Hillary's victory and ***. Shareblue just took the MSNBC piece, sported it up with some of their own words and posted it for your delightful consumption.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-17 20:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So, was there a private memo sent out to organize a "worst thread ever" theme? Apparently I missed it.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-17 21:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If only I could topic ban my own goddamn self...
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-17 22:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
That was a hit piece, I checked and there wasn't any actual data used just opinions tossed about.
It was literally in the first 10 seconds they debunked the commentator's lie that Trump was the most successful job creator in his first six months. It was all down hill from there. I know no one bothers with links here but jeez.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-08-17 22:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That was definitely not a good interview for Brad Thomas.
By Zerowone 2017-08-17 23:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

Nah man then you can't respond to things like page 3 where people go from internet hubris to cowardice in the span of two posts.

I was stuck behind a license plate that read:

Explore Oklahoma.

"Nope" kept crawling into my head every 5 secs.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-18 07:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

See we got a candidate for the Bush award here.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-18 07:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »

Nah man then you can't respond to things like page 3 where people go from internet hubris to cowardice in the span of two posts.

Explore Oklahoma.

What's there to explore? We have a blue whale and.....um... Walmart....
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-18 09:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

A Marist poll found that 86% of Republicans polled think that Confederate statues should remain as historical symbols, with 6% favoring removal.

The only conclusion that we can draw is that 86% of Republicans are racist.

The same poll found that 61% of Independents polled think that Confederate statues should remain as historical symbols, with 27% favoring removal.

The only conclusion that we can draw is that 61% of Independents are racist.

The same poll found that 44% of Democrats polled think that Confederate statues should remain as historical symbols, with 47% favoring removal.

The only conclusion that we can draw is that 44% of Democrats are racist.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-18 10:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Explore Oklahoma.

It looked like that, sans the bat ***crazy.
By Nausi 2017-08-18 10:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

CNN pundits are actually calling for the removal of Washington and Jefferson statues now just as Trump predicted

What a goddamn genius! The left/media freakout will clearly continue to overreach. They all live in their own bubble and nothing but bubble approved "groupthink" is permitted inside.

He knows exactly how to manipulate the left and the media. He mearly needs to put the tee in the ground and they willingly hop up onto it. WHACK! 400 yards. The only question is how many holes are we gonna play before the bubble pops?
[+]
By Nausi 2017-08-18 10:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

GAME ON!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-18 10:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

John Hancock inherited some slaves at one point that worked for him for a while. I think we should take an Xacto knife to the Declaration of Independence to remove his and all other offending names.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-08-18 10:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not seeing that anywhere on CNN, but should we just let nausi continue to fantasize?

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-18 10:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
John Hancock inherited some slaves at one point that worked for him for a while. I think we should take an Xacto knife to the Declaration of Independence to remove his and all other offending names.

Did he secede from the union then proceed to lose a war with said Union?

I got an idea let's commission statues of William Tecumseh Sherman to be erected in Columbia or Chattanooga or Atlanta or Savannah.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-18 10:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
I got an idea let's commission statues of William Tecumseh Sherman to be erected in Columbia or Chattanooga or Atlanta or Savannah.

The point of using an analogy as a counterargument is to present a similar idea that is clearly bad. You just presented an idea that is totally awesome.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-18 11:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Explore Oklahoma.

It looked like that, sans the bat ***crazy.
The plate before that apparently used an image of a statue without the artist's permission.

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2017-08-18 12:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god he'll never win again now....
/sarcasm
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2017-08-18 12:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Did he secede from the union then proceed to lose a war with said Union?

#calexit
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-08-18 12:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You could tell Bannon was done after he posted that player warning thread earlier this week. Long overdue.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2017-08-18 12:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
BANNON IS OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE. Traitor Dump just drop-kicked him to the curb!

But who will we call a white supremacist now as we white liberals continue to make a mockery of actual racism?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2017-08-18 12:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Breitbart seems to be taking it..rather well.
By Ruaumoko 2017-08-18 12:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bannon got fired because he undermined POTUS's stance on North Korea, allegedly he pushed for military action but POTUS wasn't having it.

You don't undermine your boss like that and not expect to get canned.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-18 12:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

A good rundown of the assorted Bannon stories:

Steve Bannon Is Leaving White House
Multiple reports says the the controversial White House strategist is out

Quote:
(Newser) – Steve Bannon is out as White House chief strategist, or will be soon. President Trump told his senior aides he has decided to remove Bannon, two administration officials tell the New York Times. Officials warn that Trump could change his mind; they say Bannon's future was still being discussed by Trump and Bannon as of Friday morning and that Trump is still discussing with other officials when and how to proceed. Another source says the resignation was actually Bannon's idea, and that it was supposed to be announced at the beginning of the week but the Charlottesville violence delayed it. The Drudge Report also reported Friday that Bannon would be "moving on" after an "impressive run" as senior adviser to the president, and that he may return to Breitbart News. Vanity Fair reporter Gabriel Sherman says the latter is true.

Following the reports from Drudge and the Times, other outlets including Fox News cited their own sources in reporting that Bannon will be leaving the White House. And ABC News echoes the Times source who said Bannon submitted his own resignation; per ABC, the resignation date was supposed to be Aug. 14, exactly one year after Bannon joined Trump's campaign. His reported ouster comes after increasing clashes with other Trump advisers, including Trump family members. Known as a right-wing nationalist, calls for Bannon to be removed increased after the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville that ended in violence. Earlier this week, Trump insisted that Bannon is "not a racist," but said "we'll see what happens" with regard to his future at the White House. Also this week, Bannon gave an unsolicited interview in which he called the far-right "clowns."
Links to the mentioned stories in the original.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 50 51 52