Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 216 217 218
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-28 00:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't think it was that difficult of a question.
By volkom 2016-03-28 00:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

http://greatideas.people.com/2016/03/11/donald-trump-hot-dogs-chicago/
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-28 00:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I didn't think it was that difficult of a question.

And I didn't think you wouldn't be able to tell that I was obviously joking around. I can't tell if you're playing dumb and trying to bait or if you're legitimately still confused as to what Donald Trump is doing.

I could maybe buy that Trump thinks a wall would be worth the time and effort to build, but saying that Mexico will pay for it makes it extremely clear that he's just playing the crowd. Additionally, if he becomes President, the wall will never be built and he can blame it on Mexico not ponying up the dough. He's got a scapegoat built into a campaign promise.

You can spend all day and night trying to ask his supporters how this whole wall thing is actually supposed to work, but nobody actually knows. Welcome to the world of campaigning, where empty promises are a dime a dozen. In the words of Simon and Garfunkel:

All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-28 00:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandering to low-information voters!?! Say it ain't so!

Guess it's only okay when Democrats do it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-28 01:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
And I didn't think you wouldn't be able to tell that I was obviously joking around. I can't tell if you're playing dumb and trying to bait or if you're legitimately still confused as to what Donald Trump is doing.
I was interested in this supposed connection between foreign terrorism and wall between the U.S. and Mexico. Also, the tacit admission that voters would be willing to vote for Trump out of fear. All a conversation directed at Altima until you showed up with a diversion and he was more than happy to run with it.
Altimaomega said: »

Are you calling yourself a low information voter?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-28 01:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I was interested in this supposed connection between foreign terrorism and wall between the U.S. and Mexico. Also, the tacit admission that voters would be willing to vote for Trump out of fear. All a conversation directed at Altima until you showed up with a diversion and he was more than happy to run with it.

Uhh, it's all fairly straightforward to me. There may not be a direct connection between foreign terrorists and Mexico (unless you are under the assumption that crossing the Mexican border is how some get here), but yeah, fear plays a big part in people wanting to support drastic measures that keep "undesirables" out of the country. Are the solutions presented illogical? Probably. But when people feel that the current leaders aren't doing enough, extremist views concerning national security start to be taken more seriously.

Some terrorists bomb crap overseas, we want to build a wall. Some kid shoots up a church, we want to ban a flag. Suddenly you've got mostly unrelated things that don't do much to solve the problem but make people feel better.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-28 01:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It is quite obvious to anyone that our borders are less than secure. Trump is masterfully weaving that into getting and keeping illegals out, all while playing the, it is going to make our country safer card. You are the one who brought fear into this. I wonder if all those bombs and terrorists killing large groups of people oversea are have anyone scared right now...

Probably just paranoid it will happen again. Silly Europeans being scared over bombs and terrorists! They should let more of them into their country and we should let hundreds of thousand of them over here. Whats gonna happen right? No need to be paranoid or fearful over More than Several random mass killings.
You're right! I see the error of my ways. We should just totally disband our military and use our massive ships to start ferrying them here! What could possibly go wrong!

Seriously though..
As I said before.
One Bomb going off in a populated area will reinforce everything he has been saying and hand him the Presidency.

W/e you want to think idc. I'm here to talk about my opinions I don't see what this has to do with anything other than troll.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-28 01:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Some kid shoots up a church, we want to ban a flag.

I seem to remember Pleebo being scared of that flag.. It's a good thing it got banned or it was going to go out murdering everyone but white Christians!
We really dodged a bullet.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-03-28 02:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to remember Pleebo being scared of that flag.. It's a good thing it got banned or it was going to go out murdering everyone but white Christians!
Shouldn't conservatives have been afraid of the flag? I mean, it was supposedly in honor of a group of people that rose up and tried to overthrow the U.S. government. Isn't that the definition of terrorism that everybody is afraid of? Killing citizens and taking over to do things the way you want it done.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-28 03:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

W/e you want to think idc. I'm here to talk about my opinions I don't see what this has to do with anything other than troll.
If a wall is "pandering to low information voters" and you support said wall, then... ?

All of your arguments are centering around fear. This:
One Bomb going off in a populated area will reinforce everything he has been saying and hand him the Presidency.
If true, don't you think that is really, really sad?

Decisions made from fear aren't typically known for being the most well-thought out and rational. After 9/11, we got the Patriot Act and the NSA spy-a-thon, so, yeah, motivation by the fear that something bad could happen without (or with very little) consideration of whether or not it's the right thing to do is not something I'd like to think about happening again.
I seem to remember Pleebo being scared of that flag.
Remember better.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-28 09:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »

Shouldn't conservatives have been afraid of the flag? I mean, it was supposedly in honor of a group of people that rose up and tried to overthrow the U.S. government. Isn't that the definition of terrorism that everybody is afraid of? Killing citizens and taking over to do things the way you want it done.

That's... not how the Civil War worked.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-28 09:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They are barley holding on as it is.
It's not easy to hold barley.

I can't tell if you're playing dumb and trying to bait or if you're legitimately still confused as to what Donald Trump is doing.
My money is playing stupid and baiting. He's very good at that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-03-28 09:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Why s it that the fear of terrorism abroad inspires more fear and the like than all the domestic issues we have with violence?

When schools and movie theatres get shot up or buildings get bombed by our own citizens it's as if it's not even an issue to people that want to enforce this extreme border control for fear of a single bomb going off by terrorists from abroad...

The border fence we have/are building now has caused more problems for us citizens than its done for them... Government has sued many citizens under imminent domain to take their land... Some pieces of American soil rest between the fence and our side of the fence... People don't really think about what it will take to build or if it would even solve the problems they intend to... It's a shitload of money to build as well as to maintain which no one seems to realize the additional costs to that..
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-28 09:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

don't worry about it buddy.

trump is going to make america great again and all of those things will naturally correct themselves...or be swept away in the wave of greatness....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-28 09:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Why s it that the fear of terrorism abroad inspires more fear and the like than all the domestic issues we have with violence?

When schools and movie theatres get shot up or buildings get bombed by our own citizens it's as if it's not even an issue to people that want to enforce this extreme border control for fear of a single bomb going off by terrorists from abroad...
Because, it's apparently easier to get materials for a dirty bomb (as Drac reported) in other countries than it is for US citizens to get the same materials domestically.

But yes, you are correct, we should be more focused on domestic problems than foreign ones. However, we do not agree on how to solve domestic problems such as school/theater shootings. So, we come to a stalemate on domestic problems. Foreign problems are another stalemate we are coming to now. It's just that Trump gave us the latest "solution" to the foreign problem, so we are focused more on that now than domestic problems.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-28 10:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually he is a fairly high information voter. But its the wrong information.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-28 11:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

the tacit admission that voters would be willing to vote for Trump out of fear

fear isn't a really great motivator for voting... if the voters are all like hikikomori quivering in their homes they won't go to the polls....

I think trump voters are fueled by anger and frustration.

they voted for bush and that didn't work out so well so they voted for obama who was going to fundamentally change washington with all the hope and change.... and why bother even discussing how that worked out....

so they (the royal they, the american voter) is pissed and maybe they don't completely understand why they are so pissed.

But they are.

and they are tired of reading stories on the interwebs about how the gubberment took away all their guns and then sold them to the mexican drug cartels to be used to kill unarmed border patrol agents and

You know that isn't what happened and I know that isn't what happened. But try convincing 330 million other people that isn't how it worked and see where that gets you come november..
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-28 11:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet a lot of the Trump voters are just "I just wanna watch things burn" type of people lol.
By fonewear 2016-03-28 11:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump's wife is hotter than Cruz's wife end of discussion !

Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-28 11:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I bet a lot of the Trump voters are just "I just wanna watch things burn" type of people lol.

it's a mixed bag....
By Altimaomega 2016-03-28 11:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If a wall is "pandering to low information voters" and you support said wall, then... ?

The way he is selling it panders to low-information voters. Try and keep up.

If true, don't you think that is really, really sad?

Yes, I do..

Decisions made from fear aren't typically known for being the most well-thought out and rational. After 9/11, we got the Patriot Act and the NSA spy-a-thon
A wall would have been cheaper and solved more problems, while not eroding Americans Constitutional rights. Also, well within the Governments main objective of maintaining our borders.

motivation by the fear that something bad could happen without (or with very little) consideration of whether or not it's the right thing to do is not something I'd like to think about happening again.

As usual you forget that just as many Democrats have signed off on those than Republicans and Obama Has only extended and made them stronger with even more erosion of our rights.

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Shouldn't conservatives have been afraid of the flag? I mean, it was supposedly in honor of a group of people that rose up and tried to overthrow the U.S. government.
Maybe in bizzaro world.
By fonewear 2016-03-28 11:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fear is a good motivator cause look at the media they can't stand the idea of a Trump President. They are doing everything in their power to constantly attack him. Yet he is playing the media like a fiddle.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-28 11:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Is this the new thing to complain about now? If you can't hold a conversation without getting disciplined by the mods it's not on me at all.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-28 11:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy, I can't wait for the rule changes to happen!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-28 11:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this the new thing to complain about now? If you can't hold a conversation without getting disciplined by the mods it's not on me at all.

Speaking of not being able to hold a conversation.
Quote:
It's like publicly wetting yourself and assuming all the staring people must be jealous of your courage.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-28 11:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol! I guess that one really stood out since you had to have gone back a few weeks to rummage it up. That comment was directed at your argument so no rules broken, thanks.
A wall would have been cheaper and solved more problems
Again, how?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-28 12:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
the media

the media hums whatever tune their corporate overlords tell them too.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-03-28 12:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy, I can't wait for the rule changes to happen!
So you can complain more about how you or whoever would get banned for something someone else didn't?

Seriously my 2 year old niece whines less than you about more important things...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-03-28 12:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The wall is the dumbest idea ever and idk how anyone who considers themselves fiscally conservative would think it's worthwhile...

I laughed pretty hard when trump was talking about how you can get a buyer ladder or something to climb up the wall but you wouldn't be able to get down the other side unless you know you had a rope he guesses... His own words..
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-28 12:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
The wall is the dumbest idea ever and idk how anyone who considers themselves fiscally conservative would think it's worthwhile...
I highly doubt anyone can consider Trump to be fiscally conservative. That's Paul Ryan's title.
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 216 217 218