Black Vs White: Oppression Or Master Plan?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-22 14:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Cops do not have the rights to assault a suspect in their custody. It is against the law. You should be pissed at them for doing it because of the civil suits that will always follow and your tax dollars that will end up in that persons pocket or his family's pocket.

That you give them the go ahead to just beat the ***out of people is just ridiculous.

This has nothing to do with ideals vs. the real world. Its about police officers engaging in illegal activities and then getting away with it. If they've already subdued a person and then they just start beating on them after that it not just wrong Nausi it's illegal whether or not you can justify it in your head for them.

It is against the law, I'm not contesting that. I have no problem with cops breaking the law in certain limited cases.
Wow.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-12-22 14:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Again I disagree. 350 pound people on meth or other drugs can be practically unstoppable. As we know now that he had health problems, his mental and physical state weren't know to the cops when they confronted him. Cops have to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Oh yes, keep talking about how much the guy weighed, and continue to disregard the 6 on 1 advantage. Oh btw, it wasn't one 350 pound man vs 6 Nausi's, it was 6 completely trained, veteran police officers. Pretty sure they could have just taken out their guns and shot him down, and Nausi would still support it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 14:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
And no, no one believes tazing him would have killed him.
Who said that?

Does anyone really think that if he was tazed instead he wouldn't have gone into cardiac arrest?
So basically this guy was going to die no matter what they did.

No, but if he hadn't resisted arrest, he would probably be alive today. NYC cops use choke holds despite that they are prohibited, frequently. Clearly since there isn't an epidemic of deaths by chokeholds, they aren't that dangerous.

Does everyone here really think the cops wanted to wrestle with a 350 lb man over illegally selling loosies that day?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 14:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
So that's the argument? He would have died anyway. You guys are deranged.

Yup that's exactly what I'm saying. /sarcasm

Great listening skills Pleebo.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-22 14:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It is against the law, I'm not contesting that. I have no problem with cops breaking the law in certain limited cases.
I guess we will have to disagree on this then.

Because officers are enforcers of the law, they should adhere to the law, but also need to be placed on stricter guidelines of the law. Otherwise, there will never be any trust between officers and citizens.

Think of it this way: Anyone can keep their own books and records, or hire bookkeepers to do it for them, but actual accountants adhere to a stricter set of guidelines (GAAP) in order to be trusted to do the right job. There aren't many professions that have equal or greater trust in the public's eyes than accountants, and for good reason too; we are the record keepers and book makers of nearly the entire economy (well, the legal portion of the economy that is).

That is a lot of pressure to place on a specific group of people, and we take pride in our jobs. Which is why a disbarred CPA pretty much will never find work in this field, being disbarred pretty much killed your career, unlike lawyers (which can just enter politics in that case).

Police officers need to start adhering to a stricter standard to earn the public's trust, but it's not an overnight thing. They would need to bite the bullet for well over two generations just to earn the ability to earn the public's trust.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-12-22 14:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No, but if he hadn't resisted arrest, he would probably be alive today. NYC cops use choke holds despite that they are prohibited, frequently. Clearly since there isn't an epidemic of deaths by chokeholds, they aren't that dangerous.

Does everyone here really think the cops wanted to wrestle with a 350 lb man over illegally selling loosies that day?

I was not aware that you were privy to the daily activities of the NYPD while living in Chicago. I was also not aware that chokeholds weren't dangerous despite the fact that they are indeed designed to cut off airflow and if held long enough, kill a person. That is quite the revelation.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-22 14:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Once Nausi said the police should be able to break the law in 'limited' cases (read: situations that don't affect him) I suddenly lost the ability to breathe.

From the laughter.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-22 14:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said that?

Does anyone really think that if he was tazed instead he wouldn't have gone into cardiac arrest?

Everyone be at ease! Nausi made up some statistics in his head regarding the use of chokeholds and has determined that their use is a-ok! Don't pay attention to the fact that the department these officers belong to banned its use by its officers. I wonder why they did that?

You have some kind of record of how many times NYPD officers have used choke holds? I would like to know where you got this information from. Wouldn't logic dictate that it's use is dangerous and therefore the ban on its use?

Hey Nausi, go up to a cop and ask them if they really feel like doing half of what their doing. Hell ask yourself if you always actually feel like doing what you have to do for work. It doesn't mean that you do a bad job because you don't feel like being there.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 14:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Done playing imaginary scenario building? Quit jerking yourselves off and stick to the facts.

Excessive force happened. An illegal chokehold happened. No cops were in any danger and besides the usual whining suspects do when the police hound them, nothing out of the ordinary happened. I've seen more intense ***happen on COPS.

Just another example of cops going too far and apologists rallying behind bad behavior so long as it ain't on your doorstep. The brave defenders of freedoms and liberty, bane of government become docile cattle when you have no skin in the game. How cowardly, how against your own values, how gutless.

There's currently legislation in the NY state house pushing to make choke holds illegal. They aren't illegal currently. Keep peddling those lies.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 15:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said that?

Everyone be at ease! Nausi made up some statistics in his head regarding the use of chokeholds and has determined that their use is a-ok! Don't pay attention to the fact that the department these officers belong to banned its use by its officers. I wonder why they did that?

You have some kind of record of how many times NYPD officers have used choke holds? I would like to know where you got this information from. Wouldn't logic dictate that it's use is dangerous and therefore the ban on its use?

Hey Nausi, go up to a cop and ask them if they really feel like doing half of what their doing. Hell ask yourself if you always actually feel like doing what you have to do for work. It doesn't mean that you do a bad job because you don't feel like being there.

Guns are pretty dangerous too, but cops use them in spit of that.

Choke hold complaints as referenced by the New York City Civilian Complaint Review Board

Clearly we're not in an epidemic of choke hold deaths.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-22 15:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We hold police to a higher standard because we've given them collective power to enforce laws on our behalf. The same way we give members of the military the ability to fight on our behalf.

They work for us. Like politicians they are our employees and we should be critical of them or they will abuse their powers. It is the responsibility of every citizen to do this.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-12-22 15:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Now nausi is going to cling to the difference between "illegal" and "banned."

Once Nausi said the police should be able to break the law in 'limited' cases (read: situations that don't affect him) I suddenly lost the ability to breathe.

From the laughter.

Should that really be laughed at? I mean, everything he posts is pathetic, but to condone cops breaking the law to enforce the law? That is all kinds of mentally insane. He needs help.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-22 15:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

We hold police to a higher standard because we've given them collective power to enforce laws on our behalf. The same way we give members of the military the ability to fight on our behalf.

They work for us. Like politicians they are our employees and we should be critical of them or they will abuse their powers. It is the responsibility of every citizen to do this.
While you and I don't agree on pretty much everything, I will agree with you on this.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-22 15:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Should that really be laughed at? I mean, everything he posts is pathetic, but to condone cops breaking the law to enforce the law? That is all kinds of mentally insane. He needs help.
So do you, but that's a different issue.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 15:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

While you and I don't agree on pretty much everything, I will agree with you on this.

I don't disagree with that in almost every case, but as I said, there are limited exceptions.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-22 15:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said that?

Choke hold complaints as referenced by the New York City Civilian Complaint Review Board

Was there some sort of department enforced ban on Guns that I was not aware of?

So let me get this straight. You're endorsing the use of chokeholds even though the department has banned their use for 20 years and the article you gave links them to complaints of excessive force but since the majority of people the choke hold was used on didn't die then it's ok for them to break the ban and use it when they feel like it?

Isn't there an alternative they can use if they've specifically been told that they are not supposed to do this?

I'm pretty concerned that officers can defy direct bans on how to subdue a suspect and have nothing done to them.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-22 15:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

From the laughter.

No, but it's hilarious watching a guy who literally does nothing but rail against the government on a daily basis make an unknowing argument for a police state under the auspices of protecting us from a guy hustling loosies on the street.

It's beautiful. Like watching faeces smeared on a canvas in the name of art.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 15:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said that?

Was there some sort of department enforced ban on Guns that I was not aware of?

So let me get this straight. You're endorsing the use of chokeholds even though the department has banned their use for 20 years and the article you gave links them to complaints of excessive force but since the majority of people the choke hold was used on didn't die then it's ok for them to break the ban and use it when they feel like it?

Isn't there an alternative they can use if they've specifically been told that they are not supposed to do this?

I'm pretty concerned that officers can defy direct bans on how to subdue a suspect and have nothing done to them.

We're talking about their current use being prohibited because they are dangerous (your words). If police departments banned things because they were dangerous they would ban guns because guns are much more dangerous than choke holds. I'm sure we can agree on that.

I'm not endorsing the use of choke holds in general, I just don't think in this case it was excessive. If it was used on a 100 lb adult woman, that would be an entirely different set of circumstances. I realize I'm not a cop, but as a 170 lb man if I was tasked with subduing a 350+ lb man I would not hesitate to get a lil choke hold going. I mean if you watch the video he was only held that way for what, 10 seconds? He was clearly conscious and breathing afterwards when he was on the ground because he was repeatedly uttering "I can't breathe".

He resisted arrest, are we still contesting that?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 15:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

From the laughter.

No, but it's hilarious watching a guy who literally does nothing but rail against the government on a daily basis make an unknowing argument for a police state under the auspices of protecting us from a guy hustling loosies on the street.

It's beautiful. Like watching faeces smeared on a canvas in the name of art.

Right I'm totally arguing for a authoritarian police state. You got it!

/sarcasm
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-22 16:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

No we're talking about a techniques use being banned. The department that employs these officers have banned the use of this technique and they have not banned the used of firearms.

Are you saying that the department as a whole is not capable of making a decision or having a reason for banning the use of this technique? The officers should ignore bans like this because they feel their use is justified or necassary in the moment? Have they not been trained by the same department that banned the use of this specific technique on how to deal with situations like this?

but because guns are dangerous cops should be allowed to put people in chokeholds? but only if they're fatties.

Would you not think that something is very wrong if he's on the ground and saying he can't breath? He just got choked out then he had other officers putting their weight on him to push him down while the guy who choked him forced his head into the cement.

I said he didn't cooperate with them. I also stated that he did nothing to warrant the response the officers gave. He didn't physically threaten them. He had no weapon. He didn't run. He didn't charge at the officers. There was nothing to justify the use of force they displayed.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-23 09:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No we're talking about a techniques use being banned. The department that employs these officers have banned the use of this technique and they have not banned the used of firearms.

Are you saying that the department as a whole is not capable of making a decision or having a reason for banning the use of this technique? The officers should ignore bans like this because they feel their use is justified or necassary in the moment? Have they not been trained by the same department that banned the use of this specific technique on how to deal with situations like this?

but because guns are dangerous cops should be allowed to put people in chokeholds? but only if they're fatties.

Would you not think that something is very wrong if he's on the ground and saying he can't breath? He just got choked out then he had other officers putting their weight on him to push him down while the guy who choked him forced his head into the cement.

I said he didn't cooperate with them. I also stated that he did nothing to warrant the response the officers gave. He didn't physically threaten them. He had no weapon. He didn't run. He didn't charge at the officers. There was nothing to justify the use of force they displayed.

Right, the department is responsible for the decision to discipline.

I'm just saying the use of choke holds is not banned because they are dangerous. Cops do far more dangerous things to people including shooting them.

I would think cops have to think beyond whatever is said at the moment. I would think police run into many people who would say whatever they can to resist. I'll point out again that if you can actually mutter the words "I can't breathe" over and over, you can in fact breathe.

The guy was breaking the law, it may have been a stupid law (we can have that conversation too), but it was the law. The police confronted him, tried to remove him from the situation, he was agitated, he resisted. Saying such things as "this stops today" which if screamed at me, I would find them pretty threatening coming from a 350 lb man. We can disagree on that if you want, but I doubt you'd remain as calm in the same situation.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-23 10:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong. While there can be disciplanary action within the department, when an officer breaks the law or defies a ban it is not the department that is responsible to discipline them it is the justice system of which they are a part of hence the grand jury. this is particularly important because unless you have some police officer literally caught redhanded on something that no one can even attempt to make an excuse for then they would never be disciplined at all.

Why are they banned then? There is eveidentally a reason why that technique is banned and why are police officers allowed to disregard these bans whenever they feel like it? This idiotic stance that something should be allowed or it isn't banned because it's dangerous because they can do other things that are dangerous is just a ridiculous argument to make.

Think beyond whatever is said atm? It doesn't really think they thought about much of anything. Have you ever had that much pressure put on you? Do you know the effects and how it displays itself? Go on completely ignoring the medical examiners report though and just blame the guy for being fat. Think about this though that if you're going to be the one employing these techniques as an officer of the law then you should know the effects it can have and where and when they should be used. In the case of the NYPD never because of the ban but that's another story. If it's so obvious to even a laymen like yourself that him being a fatty put him in all this danger of dying if he was choked out of tased even then why would a trained officer not have any idea?

Yes yes we know... be afraid of fat guys. It makes me wonder how any police officer has ever gotten anyone to do anything without killing them.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-23 10:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't you just call him a "gentle giant". NFL linebackers are "fat guys" too, it takes quite a few people to stop them from moving as well.

Guy had a record, a pretty extensive one, arrested maybe 30 or more times. I'm sure the police presence was somehow based on past precedence. I wonder if they had ever restrained him like this before.

I don't know the specific reason for the prohibition of choke holds, but I'm pretty sure it isn't because they are simply "too dangerous". It's probably some stupid PR move to appeal to the nuts in the community who look for every chance to cry brutality.

The examiner also said that his health conditions in addition to the compression of his chest while he was on the ground were major contributors to his death.

Lets get back to the real argument, you don't think this guy did anything to warrant being restrained, and you don't think he resisted arrest.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-23 11:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd have been better off using linemen as an argument as linebackers aren't ever the biggest guys in the nfl lol. Linebackers are probably more around 250 and aren't usually considered to be fat at all.

Which has been brought up before. I wonder how the police managed to get him to move a long or arrest him all those other times without killing him? hmmm... So this also goes back on your previous statements that they knew nothing about the guy they were approaching to.

So since you don't know you'll speculate with no basis for the people that you support in this matter? It couldn't possibly be a good reason they had to ban it it had to be crazy nutjobs and a pr response.

He didn't do anything to warrant being restrained the way he was. Not a damn thing. I'm starting to think you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE now or just desperately hanging on to any point you think you have. I have said, even in the post you quoted, that he did not cooperate with them. the funny thing about all this is you can't even decide whether they were there to arrest him or tell him to move away from the store. You also consistenly contradict yourself. It is nice to see that you will acknowledge that him being choked and pressed to the ground like that is why he died now that you can say asthma and heart attack but continue to ignore the part him being choked and the whole crushed ribcage had anything to do with it lol.

the best part about all of this Nausi is that you condone police officers stepping outside the line of the law in situations you deem fit but you hold every other American to a higher standard. You excuse a mans death when its clear there was excessive force used being caught on tape and all because he clearly broke a *** law lol.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-12-23 11:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I masturbate to the Teletubbies.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-23 11:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Choke holds were banned in many offices nation wide because of the increasing death toll related to the use of the technique. It doesn't even appear that they train officers to use it anymore either.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-23 11:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record Flavin. I suspect that it's not the law that you think is ***. You just think this guy should not have had the law enforced on him. He resisted arrest, his resistance lead to the restraint. What should cops do if they seek to move along a vagrant who is breaking the law and he is resistant? Back up and ask again in a more nice manner? You acknowledge that he wasn't cooperative but apparently don't think there's any problem with that.

I doubt the cops knew of his health conditions, but they most certainly knew that he was a 350 lb man who had had prior arrests and convictions. Use your head, calm and re-hinge yourself and stop shoving words down my throat.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-12-23 11:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You are on the record for supporting cops breaking the law to enforce the law and using unwarranted, banned techniques to subdue suspects. The guy was on the ground and 6 cops were on top of him. The threat was over, the chokehold was completely unneccessary. Nobody is "shoving words down your throat." Stop trying to play the victim.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-23 12:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

There are appropriate responses to situations. The police responded with an excess of force in this situation and killed a man. The officers in question were not in any danger. There was nothing that happened that said hey I won't be coming home tonight unless I put this guy in a choke hold. I believe the officers in question responded in excess of what they should have and used a banned technique that they were not trained to use to resolve an issue that has been resolved countless times before without the use of such force.

I think it's *** that people like yourself try to justify it like it's ok for officers to cross lines.

Again Nausi.. how did they get this guy into a cop car all those other times without out killing him since he was such a beast but so fragile too. Appearantly, according to you, they knew about all his arrests but not about his poor health but you as a laymen talk about how he's a big ol fat guy and whether they put him in a choke hold or tased him he was going to die that day.

Appearantly not cooperating with police gives police the right to do whatever they want? Hey you killed someone using a banned technique without just provocation but hey youre an officer of the law so you get a pass!

I also like how you keep referring to the guy as a bum or vagrant as that somehow makes him less of a person or something.

Mr. Garner didn't not respond violently and the officers were clearly not justified in their response. It's *** that nothing will be done and will only lead to further distrust among the public that these officers are supposed to protect. I shouldn't be afraid of what the officer will do to me if I question their actions against me.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14