By Jetackuu 2014-08-11 23:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP RW will be missed.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2014-08-11 23:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

South Korea has the third highest suicide rate in the world. I can't help but think this sort of attitude has an affect on that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Snapshot
Server: Bahamut
user: Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-08-11 23:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I grew up watching Mork and Mindy and have been a fan ever since. It really almost feels like a death in the family(distant relative?). He has made me smile and laugh for over 35 years.

Its sad to think someone who has brought laughter to so many people was miserable enough on the inside to do this.

Tears of a clown :(
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-08-11 23:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.©

Is that concept so hard to understand? I understand that some people want to throw in their opinion and all, but if it's just going to bring negativity and pessimism to an already sensitive topic, how about you do us all a favor and don't say a damn thing.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-11 23:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be one of the first to agree with the concept that suicide is the weak thing to do, and it is a choice. But this isn't the place for it now dude, the guy touched countless people, across generations and national boundaries, and his family and his fans, not to mention humanity as a whole has lost something great, regardless of the methods of his demise.
[+]
 Bahamut.Snapshot
Server: Bahamut
user: Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-08-11 23:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Always someone who screams for attention in a RIP thread. Find some honor kid.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-08-11 23:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

this is a thread to remember a great actor and comedian, keep it civil and keep the god damned arguments and bull ***out and keep them in the P&R threads where they belong.
[+]
 Asura.Triffle
Server: Asura
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-08-11 23:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I'll be one of the first to agree with the concept that suicide is the weak thing to do, and it is a choice. But this isn't the place for it now dude, the guy touched countless people, across generations and national boundaries, and his family and his fans, not to mention humanity as a whole has lost something great, regardless of the methods of his demise.

While it is a choice, it doesn't always mean your mind is in the right state to make proper choices. He wasn't suffering from a depressed mood due to somethings in his life, there are many disorders that affect the brain that cannot be helped much. He suffered from it for over 20 years.

May he rest in peace. Brought joy to millions of people and was a huge part of my life growing up. It feels like a part of my childhood died today.

And to Jetackuu below: I'm not arguing. I'm stating facts. If anyone tries to smear someone by calling them weak, etc. then they need to be educated instead of remaining ignorant.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-11 23:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Triffle said: »
Jetackuu said: »

While it is a choice, it doesn't always mean your mind is in the right state to make proper choices. He wasn't suffering from a depressed mood due to somethings in his life, there are many disorders that affect the brain that cannot be helped much. He suffered from it for over 20 years.
I'm not here to argue about it, if you want to argue with somebody, argue with the attention *** over there.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-11 23:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
South Korea has the third highest suicide rate in the world. I can't help but think this sort of attitude has an affect on that.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-08-12 00:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps with his death some awareness revolving mental health, depression, etc, will be raised.

Certainly sounds like there is an awful lot of ignorance around revolving depression.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-12 00:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

and for the love of god, learn some punctuation
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-08-12 00:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think (other than the fact that he was an amazing person) a lot of what makes this hit home so hard with so many people, is because most people have either struggled with depression themselves or have had someone close that has. For someone so kind-hearted and funny to lose that battle is so utterly heartbreaking that it can barely be put into words.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-08-12 00:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Depression isn't like the flu. You can't take a pill and it will magically disappear. All the pills and therapy may not do a lick of good, and oftentimes it's a different case from person to person. It's beyond sad that he succumbed to his ailment and he will be sorely missed, but don't sully his memory with your ignorance.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-12 00:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So his tv show gets canceled and he kills himself. Thanks CBS.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-08-12 00:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Perhaps with his death some awareness revolving mental health, depression, etc, will be raised.

Certainly sounds like there is an awful lot of ignorance around revolving depression.

I think the general public as a whole needs to become more aware of the fact that the majority of comedians tend to be dark and depressed people.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-08-12 00:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of comedians really are struggling with depression (jim carrey is another big one).. but just people in general.. illness/mental illness can hit anyone, regardless of how much money you have, how nice your things are, how many fans you have, how lovely your family is..
[+]
 Cerberus.Makira
Server: Cerberus
user: Makira
By Cerberus.Makira 2014-08-12 01:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Vipan is the king of trash. He went off on my linkshell members last night because Kuzy denied his raise in port jeuno (which he didn't ask for... he was dead on purpose). Called us all a bunch of Fing idiots, childish, etc... all over a denied raise.

Don't listen to what he has to say, at all. This thread is to remember how great RW is and to not pay attention to lowlifes that try and bring others down. Ignore the trolls and continue to post fond memories of an amazing man.

I just finished Jumanji and will continue to marathon :)

Happy wishes.

RIP Robbin Williams. You will be missed <3
[+]