Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-11 23:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how you went out of your way to not use the word "liberal". But yeah, personal bias and the fact that any one area will not likely mirror national averages could be potential reasons for your point of view.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-06-11 23:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I like how you went out of your way to not use the word "liberal". But yeah, personal bias and the fact that any one area will not likely mirror national averages could be potential reasons for your point of view.
From the stories I've heard it's pretty consistent abroad.

Honestly I find issue with the use of the term "liberal" as a derogatory, as it's been bastardized by both sides from it's original meaning.

But hey, whatevs.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-12 00:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
From the stories I've heard it's pretty consistent abroad.

Honestly I find issue with the use of the term "liberal" as a derogatory, as it's been bastardized by both sides from it's original meaning.

But hey, whatevs.

Come on, man. I thought you were way too into science to base an opinion off of "stories I've heard". But as far as the use of "liberal" is concerned, I guess that's fair. It does seem to include a rather large spectrum nowadays.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-06-12 00:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've met far more educated left leaning people than educated conservatives.

They exist- Antonin Scalia is a perfect example. He'd put most liberals to shame in a debate.

I don't agree with practically any of his opinions, however his arguments are impeccable.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-12 05:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
I've met far more educated left leaning people than educated conservatives.

They exist- Antonin Scalia is a perfect example. He'd put most liberals to shame in a debate.

I don't agree with practically any of his opinions, however his arguments are impeccable.

the way he ties himself into a knot to convince people he isn't one of the most harmful justices we've ever had?
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-06-12 06:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Keep the victim card in your wallet. My point is demonstrable in almost any P&R thread. Pattern goes:

1) Original topic
2) Reasonable opinions get posted (This step is optional.)
3) Someone makes a glaringly fallacious statement
4) Statement is questioned or counterargued using factual information and citations
5) Poster doubles down on their statement
6) Big meanie head liberals pick on the poor persecuted conservatives
7) Topic falls into obscurity or gets locked by page 9

The posters that identify as conservatives who can actually make a coherent argument get labeled as liberals. It's practically scripted.

Edit: Forgot 8) Saevel swoops in with a unnecessarily long-winded word salad declaring how above it all he is.
I usually wait till page 9 so I can pull an Anye for my own amusement. A thread is pretty well screwed by then anyway.
 Bahamut.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-06-12 06:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Threads like this need to be nuked after the first post.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-12 06:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scizor said: »
But a mod posted it lol. Self-nuke?
 Bahamut.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-06-12 06:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Aye, why not!
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-06-12 07:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I just learned that my cousin, an adult at 52 years of age actually believes that Obama is the Antichrist, and exprcts him to declare martial law and confiscate ALL guns any day now.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-12 07:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Mods aren't perfect. They're people just like you and me. Give them some slack, they have a lot to deal with and can't just walk away.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-12 07:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I just learned that my cousin, an adult at 52 years of age actually believes that Obama is the Antichrist, and exprcts him to declare martial law and confiscate ALL guns any day now.
I ran into some hippies in upstate NY that actually believed the same thing years ago. I thought it was just the drugs though, lol.

They've been going on about Obama-antichrist spiel since he got into office though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-12 07:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that went well.

I see that 2 rules have already went out the window.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen; if you prove you can't handle the criticism you bring upon yourself in this thread, you may be removed from it. You are responsible for what you post.

This thread is NOT the Flame Core.

Heck, even a Mod broke these 2 rules.

So, nothing will be done about it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-12 07:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still trying to think of a plan to get all the liberal nut jobs to voluntary move to France.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-12 07:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I'm still trying to think of a plan to get all the liberal nut jobs to voluntary move to France.
Tell them that there's a global warming conference there, and if you are a liberal, you get the trip there for free.

Then drop a nuke in France. Better make that two to take care of any survivors.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-06-12 07:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Topic ban't

#yolo
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-12 07:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We're still lacking religion... let me see what I can dig up.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-12 07:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Topic ban't

#yolo
I'm surprised nobody's been banned yet.

You should have already banned people just because.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-12 07:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a good one.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Religious freedom, at first glance, may not seem a key predictor of economic growth. But a new study released this week argues that the more religious freedom a nation has, the better its financial system can perform.

"Religious hostilities and restrictions create climates that can drive away local and foreign investment, undermine sustainable development, and disrupt huge sectors of economies," the Religious Freedom & Business Foundation stated in announcing the findings.

Those conditions, in turn, stifle economic growth, the group says, noting "the ongoing cycle of religious regulation and hostilities" in Egypt following the 2011 overthrow of Hosni Mubarak that has "adversely effected (its) tourism industry and other sectors."

"Perhaps most significant for future economic growth, the study notes that young entrepreneurs are pushed to take their talents elsewhere due to the instability associated with high and rising religious restrictions and hostilities," the RFBF said.
Religious freedom means economic growth
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-12 07:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a good one.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Religious freedom, at first glance, may not seem a key predictor of economic growth. But a new study released this week argues that the more religious freedom a nation has, the better its financial system can perform.

"Religious hostilities and restrictions create climates that can drive away local and foreign investment, undermine sustainable development, and disrupt huge sectors of economies," the Religious Freedom & Business Foundation stated in announcing the findings.

Those conditions, in turn, stifle economic growth, the group says, noting "the ongoing cycle of religious regulation and hostilities" in Egypt following the 2011 overthrow of Hosni Mubarak that has "adversely effected (its) tourism industry and other sectors."

"Perhaps most significant for future economic growth, the study notes that young entrepreneurs are pushed to take their talents elsewhere due to the instability associated with high and rising religious restrictions and hostilities," the RFBF said.
Religious freedom means economic growth
The theory is sound, but the practice will be impossible because we are all human beings with different viewpoints.

To some, religious freedom means the abolishment of religion. To others, religious freedom means the abolishment of the constraints on religion.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-12 07:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a good team player until I have my morning goat sacrifice.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-06-12 07:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have someone who was a very good friend through college who "found Jesus" somewhere after 2005 and I actually had to cut off all contact with him for very similar reasons.

He's turned into a complete crackpot.
By fonewear 2014-06-12 07:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell them it is just like San Fran but with more stinky cheese.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-06-12 07:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Keep the victim card in your wallet. My point is demonstrable in almost any P&R thread. Pattern goes:

1) Original topic
2) Reasonable opinions get posted (This step is optional.)
3) Someone makes a glaringly fallacious statement
4) Statement is questioned or counterargued using factual information and citations
5) Poster doubles down on their statement
6) Big meanie head liberals pick on the poor persecuted conservatives
7) Topic falls into obscurity or gets locked by page 9

The posters that identify as conservatives who can actually make a coherent argument get labeled as liberals. It's practically scripted.

Edit: Forgot 8) Saevel swoops in with a unnecessarily long-winded word salad declaring how above it all he is.
I usually wait till page 9 so I can pull an Anye for my own amusement. A thread is pretty well screwed by then anyway.

Only four more pages to go !
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-06-12 07:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

I have someone who was a very good friend through college who "found Jesus" somewhere after 2005 and I actually had to cut off all contact with him for very similar reasons.

Well, he also believes a viral satire spam email that said the U.S. brought in Russian soldiers to train in the U.S. to assist in taking our guns. How am I related to this guy?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-12 07:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Well, he also believes a viral satire spam email that said the U.S. brought in Russian soldiers to train in the U.S. to assist in taking our guns. How am I related to this guy?
Probably through a marriage I'm guessing.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-06-12 07:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You should send him ridiculous spam emails and see if he'll believe your conspiracy theories
[+]
By fonewear 2014-06-12 07:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy to relate to crazy people. Just be more crazy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-12 07:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me speak to him in Russian for 5min about taking his gun.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-06-12 07:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell this guy. That you are a reverse vampire that is pro gun and thinks the only way to stop Obama is to drink his blood.

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/saucer-people-1961302
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 1375 1376 1377