Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-11 20:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The posters that identify as conservatives who can actually make a coherent argument get labeled as liberals. It's practically scripted.

Can you actually provide an example of this, or are you just trying to create a false narrative?

Well I'm glad everyone is getting the "Feels" out the way to start the thread.

/raises hand I get called a Liberal all the time though I do not identify myself as one or even declared myself to be one. I get labeled by certain posters because that's a label they use on posters that don't agree with them. Cause you know nowadays if you don't wish death upon on Democrats or view them as evil you're either a Liberal or a Republican In Name Only (R.I.N.O).

Also I'll just leave you with this tidbit to munch on:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-06-11 20:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
legislating morality... GOP why have you forsaken me!?

Legislating morality? Lets be fair here, the democrats legislate morality as well. It comes via dishes called political correctness and censorship.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-11 20:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
1) Original topic
2) Reasonable opinions get posted (This step is optional.)
3) Someone makes a glaringly fallacious statement according to specific individuals on these boards.
4) Statement is questioned or counterargued using factual information and citationsWikipedia.
5) Poster doubles down on their statement
6) Big meanie head liberals pick on the poor persecuted conservatives
7) Topic falls into obscurity or gets locked by page 9

FTFY.

Pretty amusing considering altima posts wiki links and definitions all the time.

and most of the time he proves himself wrong.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-06-11 20:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wikipedia is a good tool, but it has several flaws when used as a sole source of information.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-11 20:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Legislating morality? Lets be fair here, the democrats legislate morality as well. It comes via dishes called political correctness and censorship.

But there is no law that says you have to be politically correct and things aren't censored, thus Fox News Network's constant lambasting of all things Democrat.

As a Republican you want to be grounded in reality not emotional delusions.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-11 20:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
The posters that identify as conservatives who can actually make a coherent argument get labeled as liberals. It's practically scripted.

Can you actually provide an example of this, or are you just trying to create a false narrative?

Well, I get called a Liberal all the time despite not personally identifying with liberals in any way except opposition to religious based policy making. (See: Gays aren't people)

And no, I don't consider Climate Change a liberal or conservative issue. It's an evidence based argument.

But do you, Jassik, or Ramyrez actually self-identify as conservatives?

Edit: I guess Zero has issue with what I said too, as if everyone missed the "identify as conservatives" part. Because wow, what a leap it would be to identify a left-leaning moderate as a liberal.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-11 20:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

false equivalence much? the republican party was once pragmatic and champions of personal privacy and freedoms. now they're the party of cheap political stunt, false patriotism, and shameless pandering to religious zealots.

also, wtf "someone else does it so it's ok"... integrity is dead.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-11 20:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Both parties are toxic. Liberals and Conservatives alike try to incentivise or outright social engineer their ideal society through all sorts of tactics. I think Liberals are worse though, because they're so meek in their aggression, hiding behind a visage of compassion dripping honeyed poison into the ears of the downtrodden.

But what do I know, I'm a liberal apparently, since I disagree with a couple conservatives.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Overdragon
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Overdragon 2014-06-11 20:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Most liberals don't keep budgets and try to avoid jobs. Then will try to preach to you about the evils of not making enough money for the work they do.

Liberals hate economics any, because it simply tells them no to something they fill entitled too.

I always thought that it was funny that someone who has never had a regular job or ran a business has the brainpower to tell me how my business should be run.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-11 20:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I get called a Liberal all the time despite not personally identifying with liberals in any way except opposition to religious based policy making. (See: Gays aren't people)

And no, I don't consider Climate Change a liberal or conservative issue. It's an evidence based argument.

Edit: I guess Zero has issue with what I said too, as if everyone missed the "identify as conservatives" part. Because wow, what a leap it would be to identify a left-leaning moderate as a liberal.

Registered Republican and more conservative than both of my public office holding Republican family members.
By Altimaomega 2014-06-11 20:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

false equivalence much? the republican party was once pragmatic and champions of personal privacy and freedoms. now they're the party of cheap political stunt, false patriotism, and shameless pandering to religious zealots.

Now your sounding like tea party.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-11 20:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Registered Republican and more conservative than both of my public office holding Republican family members.

Quiet, liberal!

Edit: But seriously, that's good to know.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-06-11 20:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's a main reason I'm a registered democrat now. I was part of the Young Republicans and Log Cabin Republicans when I was younger, but I fell out of touch with them in past years.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-11 20:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

Legalizing gay marriage should be a crusade for any card-carrying libertarian. I agree with the original philosophy of the Tea Party wholey. What the Tea Party is in practice is an abomination.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-11 20:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Legalizing gay marriage should be a crusade for any card-carrying libertarian. I agree with the original philosophy of the Tea Party wholey. What the Tea Party is in practice is an abomination.

<Read with Australian accent>Oi, the rarest breed of Libertarian, the Pennius Jilletteius. Crikey! I'ma jam my thumb in it's butthole!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-06-11 20:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Original Remakes unnuked topic
2) Reasonable opinions get posted ignored. (This step is optional mandatory.)
3) Someone makes a glaringly fallacious korpg-like statement
4) Statement Idiot talk is questioned or counterargued and focused using factual information and citations a shitstorm of posts over 7 pages.
5) Poster doubles down on their statement their post count.
6) Big meanie head liberals Aelius picks on the poor persecuted conservatives trolls.
7) Topic falls into obscurity or gets locked by page 9 mods.
8) Locking Mod gets private messaged many times and is debated why a shitty thread deserved a lock.
9) Private discussion goes back and forth with no end in sight because certain people don't know the phrase; Shut the *** up.

FTFY.

For real, this time.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-06-11 20:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Every party has its POS member's, hell every organization ever has had both good and bad people in it. What the Tea party is trying to accomplish is at the very least a better platform than what the democrats or republican camps can ever hope to offer.

But since both sides bash the *** outta them and people would rather be told what to think than think for themselves its gonna be an uphill battle.
By Altimaomega 2014-06-11 21:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
1) Original Remakes unnuked topic
2) Reasonable opinions get posted ignored. (This step is optional mandatory.)
3) Someone makes a glaringly fallacious korpg-like statement
4) Statement Idiot talk is questioned or counterargued and focused using factual information and citations a shitstorm of posts over 7 pages.
5) Poster doubles down on their statement their post count.
6) Big meanie head liberals Aelius picks on the poor persecuted conservatives trolls.
7) Topic falls into obscurity or gets locked by page 9 mods.
8) Locking Mod gets private messaged many times and is debated why a shitty thread deserved a lock.
9) Private discussion goes back and forth with no end in sight because certain people don't know the phrase; Shut the *** up.

FTFY.

For real, this time.

pretty sure you just called Pleebo a troll.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-11 21:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Who in the Tea Party are actually trying to fix anything? And what tools do they employ? We've seen intimidation, obstruction, public shamings, and when you consider than MOST of the Tea Party candidates are being backed by a handful of VERY rich people with interests diametrically opposed to the populous, I see no merit in what they are doing.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-06-11 21:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure you just called Pleebo a troll.

Your sureness isn't very pretty.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-11 21:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Who in the Tea Party are actually trying to fix anything? And what tools do they employ? We've seen intimidation, obstruction, public shamings, and when you consider than MOST of the Tea Party candidates are being backed by a handful of VERY rich people with interests diametrically opposed to the populous, I see no merit in what they are doing.

Intimidation? Obstruction? Public shamings? Are we talking about the Tea Party or political parties in general?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-11 21:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Intimidation? Obstruction? Public shamings? Are we talking about the Tea Party or political parties in general?

Wouldn't a group going to washington to end the deadlock and fix our broken 2 party system be fundamentally required to shun those practices? What makes the Tea Party any different/better than any of the other scumbags in washington if they use the same tactics and accomplish nothing?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-11 21:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't a group going to washington to end the deadlock and fix our broken 2 party system be fundamentally required to shun those practices? What makes the Tea Party any different/better than any of the other scumbags in washington if they use the same tactics and accomplish nothing?

I agree, I just don't think they should be put on a pedestal of corruption. I do find it ironic that a group trying to change the way the government works would use the same sleazeball tactics of the current parties, though.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-11 21:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So far this thread could just be one giant Goatse.cx and make the same point.

I couldn't be happier.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-11 21:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

University of Google
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-11 21:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

When it comes to climate sciences, it's generally better to go with the experts, rather than someone who has no formal education.

But if you want to research it yourself, there's plenty of grant money out there as long as you have some background education in one the natural sciences that relates to weather, climate, geology, or solar/particle physics. Keep in mind though whatever your specific field is, you do have to relate to all fields involved when it pertains to how and why the climate changes. They're all many pieces of one bigger puzzle.
By Jetackuu 2014-06-11 22:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Overdragon said: »
Most liberals don't keep budgets and try to avoid jobs. Then will try to preach to you about the evils of not making enough money for the work they do.

Liberals hate economics any, because it simply tells them no to something they fill entitled too.

I always thought that it was funny that someone who has never had a regular job or ran a business has the brainpower to tell me how my business should be run.

More like most liberals are educated and know what economics is, instead of a bunch of people who wouldn't know it if it slapped them in the face.

But nice job on trying to say all liberals are unemployed and ignorant in so many words.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-11 23:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

More like most liberals are educated and know what economics is, instead of a bunch of people who wouldn't know it if it slapped them in the face.

But nice job on trying to say all liberals are unemployed and ignorant in so many words.

Actually, some information that I've found shows that liberals tend to either be the least educated (didn't graduate high school) or the most educated (post graduate), with conservatives leading the middle demographics (high school, some college, or college graduate). Are most liberals "educated"? Depends on your definition, but if you say yes it also means that most conservatives are too.
By Altimaomega 2014-06-11 23:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, some information that I've found shows that liberals tend to either be the least educated (didn't graduate high school) or the most educated (post graduate), with conservatives leading the middle demographics (high school, some college, or college graduate). Are most liberals "educated"? Depends on your definition, but if you say yes it also means that most conservatives are too.

inb4 Jets "citation needed"
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-06-11 23:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've met far more educated left leaning people than educated conservatives.

edit: I'm sure that may have something to do with the area though.