Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-03 11:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

"I don't need any more money. I'm not greedy, as long as I've got my health, my millions of dollars, my gold house, and my rocket car; I don't need anything else."
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-03 11:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Here's a story in which the headline caught my eye.

Poll: Foreign policy no longer Obama strong point

When was it ever his strong point?
When does he have a strong point period?

Unless you count keeping the country divided. Then that would count as his strong point.
No, that would be Rupert Murdoch's business model.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-03 18:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Here's a story in which the headline caught my eye.

Poll: Foreign policy no longer Obama strong point

When was it ever his strong point?
When does he have a strong point period?

Unless you count keeping the country divided. Then that would count as his strong point.
No, that would be Rupert Murdoch's business model.
So Obama is doing a great job on uniting the country?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-03 19:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not Obamas job to unify the GOP. Whoever is responsible for that is failing miserably as their refusal to work is hurting the country on a daily basis.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-03 20:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
It's not Obamas job to unify the GOP. Whoever is responsible for that is failing miserably as their refusal to work is hurting the country on a daily basis.
Right, the President of the United States of America should always keep the people divided and separated, to achieve his agenda!
By Altimaomega 2014-08-03 20:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

ftfy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-03 20:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How exactly do you appeal to the type of people who would blame him for something like a pregnant woman having trouble getting to the hospital? More importantly, why would anyone want to?
By Altimaomega 2014-08-03 20:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
How exactly do you appeal to the type of people who would blame him for something like a pregnant woman having trouble getting to the hospital? More importantly, why would anyone want to?

What are you deflecting about again?
By Jetackuu 2014-08-03 20:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You really shouldn't use words when you don't know what they mean. You don't have an operator's license do you?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-03 21:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Not Altima's fault that you don't know what deflecting means.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-03 21:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

President's don't unite countries, events do. Not sure it's Obama's job to overcome two million years of tribal evolution in a two-term presidency. The best any President can do right now is help bucket out the water the Ship of America is taking on fast.

All things considered, he's doing a better job than the competition was entirely capable of doing in the best of circumstances. And because this is Politics, I don't have to prove a claim, you have to disprove my claim.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-03 21:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, Rep. Steve King is saying they will consider impeachment if Obama attempts to fix the border crisis that the House ignored. I thought Boehner said they weren't even considering impeachment and it was a ploy spun up by the Dems? Should we blame Obama for this division as well? Or should we keep laughing at the GOP? Yeah, option 2 it is.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-03 21:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

No deflection. There's a subset of the population that is completely irrational and cannot be reasoned with. No amount of playing nicey-nicey will do anything to appeal to people who are dead-set on disagreeing no matter what.

It's not the President's job to some great uniter nor was it ever. It's a stupid talking point and nothing more.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-03 21:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I very well know what it means, but apparently neither of you do, and he was just trying to use a word in a sentence to make him sound smarter than we all know him to be.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-03 22:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
You really shouldn't use words when you don't know what they mean. You don't have an operator's license do you?

The irony in what you just said is epic. Only because I happen to have several Operator's Licenses, but not in the way you mean to use the word.

I very well know what it means, but apparently neither of you do, and he was just trying to use a word in a sentence to make him sound smarter than we all know him to be.

Same ole Jet, got nothing.. (lets argue about the meaning of words I don't understand)
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
By Raein Tilgung 2014-08-03 23:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Same ole Jet, got nothing.. (lets argue about the meaning of words I don't understand)
Well, at least you're capable of admitting you're unaware of the actual meaning. That's a start at least.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-03 23:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No deflection. There's a subset of the population that is completely irrational and cannot be reasoned with. No amount of playing nicey-nicey will do anything to appeal to people who are dead-set on disagreeing no matter what.

It's not the President's job to some great uniter nor was it ever. It's a stupid talking point and nothing more.

The hypocrisy in you first statement is amazing. As for your mistake ... really? You people would eat me for lunch if I did that. /sigh Also, didn't this guy actually run on claiming to be some great uniter? Lastly, please PLEASE give me an example of Obama playing nicey-nicey with the republican party. I need a good LOL...
By Altimaomega 2014-08-03 23:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sophie Tilgung said: »
Well, at least you're capable of admitting you're unaware of the actual meaning. That's a start at least.

sigh
By Altimaomega 2014-08-03 23:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone here wanna actually debate some politics? The hypocrisy spouting, race card playing, and topic deflecting of the left is really getting old.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-08-03 23:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I do! What is the deal with airline food?
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-03 23:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone here wanna actually debate some politics? The hypocrisy spouting, race card playing, and topic deflecting of the left is really getting old.
But, that IS politics. Basically, it's all the republican party is capable of.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-03 23:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »

I'm sure it is Bush's fault.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-03 23:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »

I'm sure it is Bush's fault.
I blame the Wright Brothers.

Should have invented better airline food when they took off on the idea of traversing the skies.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-04 00:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

But you're fine with the hypocrisy, theology-as-law topic-deflecting tactics of the Right? I've always believed the Left and Right are really only six equally stupid opinions away from each other, but maybe I was being too generous.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-04 00:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »

But you're fine with the hypocrisy, theology-as-law topic-deflecting tactics of the Right? I've always believed the Left and Right are really only six equally stupid opinions away from each other, but maybe I was being too generous.

Nope, but the left is by far the biggest culprit.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-04 00:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

sigh
Not only are you wrong on both counts, you still don't realize why...
By Altimaomega 2014-08-04 01:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

sigh
Not only are you wrong on both counts, you still don't realize why...

Like everything on the internet it depends on how you want to read it. Congratulations!! You read it based on your biased.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-04 08:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a subset of the population that is completely irrational and cannot be reasoned with.

no u!

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-04 08:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

6 hours ago:
Quote:
The mayor of Toledo, Ohio, says new tests show that toxins are still in the city's water supply.

The readings come two days after 400,000 people in northwestern Ohio and southeastern Michigan were told to avoid drinking tap water.

Mayor D. Michael Collins said early Monday that most of the results were acceptable but some concerns remain.

Toledo officials issued the water warning in Ohio's fourth-largest city early Saturday after tests revealed the presence of a toxin likely from algae on Lake Erie.

The Ohio National Guard and other state agencies have been delivering pallets of bottled water to city and operating water purification systems to make more drinkable water.

Source

18 minutes ago:
Quote:
Toledo mayor: Water ban lifted in northwest Ohio; drinking water for 400K residents is safe.
Source

The question is do you drink the water now because the government says it's safe?
By fonewear 2014-08-04 08:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not Obamas job to be a competent President.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 1375 1376 1377