Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-25 23:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Knight is kind of a ~meh~ job, it's really useful when you first get it but is replaced later on. Two best things from it are double hand and sword lore. I absolutely love sword lore because of the amazing swords you can get later, equip it on your ninja and watch him tear everything apart. That being said, there is a really good tanking tactic that involves knight and double shield. Use Ninjitsu to force everyone to attack your Knight with his double shields and he'll take virtually no damage, lets you go full tilt on the other characters.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2014-04-26 00:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I did the game with

3x Ranger/Ninjitsu
1x SalveMaker/Ninjitsu

or when needed
x4 Ninja/Acrobatics
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-04-27 09:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK/Vampire is badass w/ firestorm and it can crit, 5k~9999 AoE
 Bismarck.Ariyon
Server: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-04-27 10:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Knight/Vampire is an interesting combination. Set it up with Adversity and Revenge traits, as DRK's attacks can trigger both abilities, and you can immediately restore the HP with Vampire's Blood Thirst attack.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2014-04-27 11:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a Lucifer they can send out? 5215-0499-7100 is my friend's code if you don't have me on your Flist.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-27 11:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie said: »
I did the game with

3x Ranger/Ninjitsu
1x SalveMaker/Ninjitsu

or when needed
x4 Ninja/Acrobatics

Yeah I try to stay away from Utsusemi cheese. It really takes the fun out of the game with such a broken combination ability.
[+]
 Asura.Ivykyori
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-04-29 23:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So I ran into dragons.

Jaberwocky and another one. Dahell. That is all.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-04-29 23:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been using...

Edea Knight/salve
Tiz Ranger/swordmagic
Agnes Time Mage/whm
Ringabell RDM/freelancer

Nothing OP or fancy, kinda of old schooling it through the game. I really love seeing how Alley Cat runs her game, insteresting to see how she has different characters in different roles.

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Knight is kind of a ~meh~ job, it's really useful when you first get it but is replaced later on. Two best things from it are double hand and sword lore. I absolutely love sword lore because of the amazing swords you can get later, equip it on your ninja and watch him tear everything apart. That being said, there is a really good tanking tactic that involves knight and double shield. Use Ninjitsu to force everyone to attack your Knight with his double shields and he'll take virtually no damage, lets you go full tilt on the other characters.

I was actually using the double shield thing for a while. One shield I have negates water and fire damage which is pretty nice with everything else. Sadly the plan I had didn't work, I was hoping that pushing up my PDEF in my stat screen would make that charge attack super powerful, but it seems to only increase in power when you increase your status during battle :(
 Bismarck.Ariyon
Server: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-04-30 00:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivykyori said: »
So I ran into dragons.

Jaberwocky and another one. Dahell. That is all.
Ooo, the Vampire quest dragon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2014-04-30 05:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

They are super fun fights in their own right. Can do any job combination for them.

However if you are having a lot of trouble with them you can either grind up to help or take the easy road out and use Ninjas.

Set Up:
x4 Ninja/doesn't matter
With Comeback Kid and Transience

Have everyone just use Utsusemi and just hit auto then walk away from 3DS and come back in 5 minutes.
By Darkalenia 2014-04-30 08:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

My party is now lv67, all jobs unlocked up to this point and lv9, growth egg purchased, and working on the Vampire dragons. I've found and defeated the Light and Water ones using the old school approach (no cheese lol). I just set the appropriate Abate -ELEMENT- ability and the appropriate -STATUS- Immunity ability (Water had Stop, Light had Blind).

Am I in good shape for the next chapter or two?

Just missing Conjurer, Vampire, and Dark Knight.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2014-04-30 13:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You're set. Those last 3 jobs are just to use for fun not really a necessity for any bosses.

Conjurer gets the ability Obliterate at lvl 14 which insta-kills any mob 25 levels under you giving you all the exp JP and pg the fight would normally give you. So that's handy for when you want to cap out jobs and characters.

Vampire is my favorite job in the game since it's the Blue Mage of the series and has a lot of nifty spells. As well as the only job in the game to have the -AJA tier spells. As well as being able to drain hp,mp, and even BP from enemies.

Dark Knight is just a plain old power house as it always is with the Hp losing attacks. Can bypass that with using Sword Magic Drain on your attacks and never lose more than you gain. Plus with DRK it's possible to have never ending turns due to the ability that deals dark damage to foes until your hp hits 1 but with the drain effect giving you back all the hp you spend per attack it never ends.
By Darkalenia 2014-04-30 13:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie said: »
You're set. Those last 3 jobs are just to use for fun not really a necessity for any bosses.

Conjurer gets the ability Obliterate at lvl 14 which insta-kills any mob 25 levels under you giving you all the exp JP and pg the fight would normally give you. So that's handy for when you want to cap out jobs and characters.

Vampire is my favorite job in the game since it's the Blue Mage of the series and has a lot of nifty spells. As well as the only job in the game to have the -AJA tier spells. As well as being able to drain hp,mp, and even BP from enemies.

Dark Knight is just a plain old power house as it always is with the Hp losing attacks. Can bypass that with using Sword Magic Drain on your attacks and never lose more than you gain. Plus with DRK it's possible to have never ending turns due to the ability that deals dark damage to foes until your hp hits 1 but with the drain effect giving you back all the hp you spend per attack it never ends.

That sounds way too OP xD
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2014-04-30 14:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but since you gain it so late in the game it almost never gets used for anything aside from One Turn Killing Lucifer the nemesis.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-05-14 01:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i finally beat the game/got true ending
Also he blew up Annas world :(
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-05-14 01:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Any1 know how do those 999999 dmg things @@ most i did was a 101k dmg on chaugmar
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2014-05-14 05:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kinda complicated but I'll break it down for you.

First off you need a MNK. Your highest STR character. With Natural Talent. Keep them completely gearless no accessories either. They will be the one doing the attack. It's the level 3 special Thunderfist.

Rest of the party needs to buff the MNK and Debuff the mob.

My setup was is this:

Monk/Conjurer for the 1000% crit rate summon.

Vampire/Salvemaker to lower P.Def/M.Def and make the mob vunerable to both Lightning and Fire damage.(Fire also because that is the spell augment on my Thunderfist.)

Performer/Whitemage For attack buffs. And to keep everyone alive during all these turns.

Ninja/whatever for spamming Summon Friends to add more attack buffs to 200%.

Once everything is in place, hit Bravely Second on the Monk and let it fly.
By Grumpy Cat 2014-06-02 11:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I just hit chapter 5 and I am wondering if I might be *** things up.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-02 11:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Can steal some stuff from them and get 1k job points, but that's it. Other than that they just give you a different perspective about their real motives and expand on their characters.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2014-06-02 13:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The only real benefit for killing the Chapter 5 bosses is for more character development and fun. Beating RDM again gives you the Bravo Bikini as a costume for Edea. But if you choose to skip it altogether in the last chapter you can just revisit Yulyanas house and pick it up.
By Grumpy Cat 2014-06-04 08:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhmmm....
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-06-04 09:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Uhmmm....
You're fine; game has multiple endings. Once you complete that ending, it'll take you back to the point right before you did that and let you continue (while keeping your levels/items/etc. you gained during the ending path you're going down)
By Grumpy Cat 2014-06-04 09:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Grumpy Cat said: »
Uhmmm....
You're fine; game has multiple endings. Once you complete that ending, it'll take you back to the point right before you did that and let you continue (while keeping your levels/items/etc. you gained during the ending path you're going down)
Awesome, thank you!
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-06-18 13:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

thinking about NG+ taking all but EXP lvl over and replaying w/ JP Voices
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2014-06-18 20:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

JP Voices is the only way to play the game in my opinion. Everyone sounds a million times better.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-06-18 20:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

None of the voicework in this game is terrible barring Agnes.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-06-18 21:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Not terrible, but not worth using over JP option; I always read regardless anyways because it's easy to miss ***otherwise.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-22 10:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: nvm I made it eventually with different jobs
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-06-29 08:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently got this game. Not very far into it yet. (First dungeon after getting monk and white mage.)

Trying to accumulate villagers/friends for the rebuilding of that one place.

Anyone mind sharing some friend codes?

(I think that's one way to get villagers, lol)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-29 09:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to first post there's a list of friendcodes, can add yours and take other people's.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32