Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2024-01-31 11:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't really seen diminishing from mumei mumei mumei but maybe it's already doing so much.

I do see dimishing returns if I spam mumei without pausing for sc.

I also will see dimishing returns if I only use one weapon skill a whole fight like impulse drive but that seems to reset with enough pause or the single use of another weapon skill.

Spamming mumei upwards of 5-10 times before throwing in another weapon skill has been my personal experience with the "wall"

I don't know what is the agreed upon explanation of the wall at this point just personal experience

However timing it for fudo seems like a win win option

But I'd like to experience the actual numbers before saying if it's optimal to use everytime
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-31 12:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
dimishing returns

[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-31 12:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Haven't really seen diminishing from mumei mumei mumei but maybe it's already doing so much.

I do see dimishing returns if I spam mumei without pausing for sc.

I also will see dimishing returns if I only use one weapon skill a whole fight like impulse drive but that seems to reset with enough pause or the single use of another weapon skill.

Spamming mumei upwards of 5-10 times before throwing in another weapon skill has been my personal experience with the "wall"

I don't know what is the agreed upon explanation of the wall at this point just personal experience

However timing it for fudo seems like a win win option

But I'd like to experience the actual numbers before saying if it's optimal to use everytime

Are you the solo DD for all the scenarios you're describing above? Because that's what the discussion was about. If you're with 4 other DDs slamming WS, you won't see any WS wall; if you're by yourself using nothing but Mumei for 6 WS in a row and don't see a wall on basement bosses...that would be news.
By K123 2024-01-31 13:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Early on didn't people say that using the same WS at the exact same time didn't trigger the reduction? Maybe SAM can WS so fast it is faster than the trigger can register? Unlikely, but possible.
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2024-01-31 13:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing 3x mumei over and over on a sortie basement boss will absolutely tank the damage as solo DD (I've done it on auto pilot, it was sad) Fudo as 3rd ws will still be a 99k darkness so you aren't really losing anything.
By K123 2024-02-26 06:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got an updated lua they can share?
By Taint 2024-03-06 09:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you all using for sortie for basement bosses and similar mobs?
Going to try this tonight but open to any advice.

ItemSet 372905
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-06 09:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't bother with Ken gear. I use that set outside of that (hands tatenashi +1 feet ryuo +1), dedition swapped for telos or schere (acc is not capped otherwise). Often have hate for these fights and I'm always positioned in front for Overwhelm and it isn't a problem. Barspells cover the bad ailments like Amnesia and you can't resist Gartell's stun so meva doesn't do anything for that to begin with.
[+]
By Taint 2024-03-06 10:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I don't bother with Ken gear. I use that set outside of that (hands tatenashi +1 feet ryuo +1), dedition swapped for telos or schere (acc is not capped otherwise). Often have hate for these fights and I'm always positioned in front for Overwhelm and it isn't a problem. Barspells cover the bad ailments like Amnesia and you can't resist Gartell's stun so meva doesn't do anything for that to begin with.

Resist gear works on the stun, not that SAM has good options there.

Are you sure meva doesn't impact duraction? My WAR/DRK seem way less stun locked in full sakpata then my SAM, which is why I'm trying to build something.

Thank you for responding.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-06 10:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

I don't think this is true and unless you have evidence of it I'm not convinced. Have gone as far as to toss my RDM mule onto B and F with Onca Suit + Arete del Luna on each ear + Icecrack ring to test this exact thing and never saw a resist once. Ive also never resisted it on RUN with all of its Status res+ gear and Pflug. It's possible she just got real unlucky but...

I've also seen no evidence that duration is anything short of random (this is generally how stun works). Again I've tanked this thing on RUN w/ its sky high meva and ele res, pflug, status resistance traits and gear... never have I noticed being stunned less or for less time than when I'm sitting there bashing on the goat with SAM (any RUN will tell you how assblasting it can be to get runes and Rayke out in time after Gambit). It also.completely bypasses Asylum.which normally provides flawless resistance to status effects. I'm also never stunned more than the DRK next to me, we're both sitting there bitching about it at the same time and whinging about not being able to get our WSs off.

Simplest explanation to all of it is that for some reason they decided to make Gartell's Stun have no macc check. He is a clear exception as you can resist stun on all the other Sortie NMs.
[+]
Server: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-03-06 11:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Again I've tanked this thing on RUN w/ its sky high meva and ele res, pflug, status resistance traits and gear... never have I noticed being stunned less or for less time

Been running sortie almost exclusively on RUN for months and this has been my experience as well.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-06 11:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've run a ton of Sortie, including months on RUN, runs on BRD, RDM, COR, and various other jobs. While I agree about the stun specifically, there are other things that meva can help with, like resisting the damage being dealt by TP moves, fetters, or autos, and there are other status effects you will be hit by during the 8 bosses in a Sortie run. Your run could go more smoothly from a healing perspective (and possibly DPS) by wearing more meva. DPS isn't the only consideration you have to make when putting together sets.
[+]
By Taint 2024-03-06 11:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I'll chalk it up to anecdotal. I just started going SAM and trying to get a feel for it. WAR/DRK are simple to gear.
By SimonSes 2024-03-06 11:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Simplest explanation to all of it is that for some reason they decided to make Gartell's Stun have no macc check. He is a clear exception as you can resist stun on all the other Sortie NMs.

Would be worth to recheck with Metal :)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-06 11:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I've run a ton of Sortie, including months on RUN, runs on BRD, RDM, COR, and various other jobs. While I agree about the stun specifically, there are other things that meva can help with, like resisting the damage being dealt by TP moves, fetters, or autos, and there are other status effects you will be hit by during the 8 bosses in a Sortie run. Your run could go more smoothly from a healing perspective (and possibly DPS) by wearing more meva. DPS isn't the only consideration you have to make when putting together sets.

Sure, if that was a problem to begin with. The only person who tends to die on our runs is the COR, and used to be the DRK. My SAM in what you'd consider a "not as survivable" set has never been a problem when it comes to survivability and healing stress (keep in mind that I'm also not getting special treatment, the WHM is spending more time erasing Fetter DoTs than healing most of the time and the heals are practically all Accession C4s and Curagas).

The Fetters are only killing you when the fight lasts too long or you don't get the Burn off from Aita's fire Fetter because it reduces your INT to 1 and causes you to get completely nuked. Once again barspells cover the other things like Amnesia already. I've been Amnesia'd on G maybe twice ever thanks to barfira and baramnesia. The only other debuffs of consideration are Paralyze from Trib's pylons which is going to land eventually on everyone to begin with and Slow on Aita which is difficult to resist even on RUN and is counteracted by double march anyway.

I'm not ignorant on how to build sets. Sortie just isn't dangerous enough to need to wear Ken +1 gear and I've had no appreciable difference in survivability between DPS hands/feet and mpaca/ken+1 sets.

SimonSes said: »

Would be worth to recheck with Metal :)

Probably. Still wouldn't be worth the time to get it but it'd be nice to know if it works
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [61 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-05-06 11:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Against my better judgement I R15ed my Yoichi. So I figured "screw it I should use it"

At least situationally. The damage is garbage but it is a neat enough tool to play with.

I often struggle to break 35k on Namas, Apex is laughably much weaker.

I have to say for roaming content it's pretty nice. (Omen, Segs, Sortie, D Dyna Wave 1 and 2.)

-I basically use it as a ranged Konzen. Namas opens light for Fudo, while apex opens a skill chain for Jinpu.

It's rather nice pulling a monster and heavily damaging/killing it right after engaging. (Also I no longer have the patience to chase monsters around.) Doesn't matter what the range is, nothing is safe from me.

Also it's great against stuff that perfect dodges in Dyna, Also gives you the option to pull back and take pot shots at something.

I can get a 3 hit build with Archery without any real issues.

It's a damn shame SAM isn't on the prime Bow. On serious stuff or Wave 3 I usually swap back my normal ammo slot stuff back on. But on weaker things/roaming content it comes in handy. If anything it's kinda fun.
[+]
By Taint 2024-05-06 12:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep Yoichi was my 2nd Relic back when SAM with Yoichi was a top DD set up. Soboro+ Yoichi and later Amano/Yoichi for Legion final waves etc.

It was incredibly fun. Prime bow would have been epic. I have it setup for Naak farming in Sortie (Bee/Bird) but its just too easy to spam Impulse.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2024-05-06 14:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure meva doesn't impact duraction? My WAR/DRK seem way less stun locked in full sakpata then my SAM, which is why I'm trying to build something.

A bit late here, but Sakpata has resist status ailments on the body augments which I'm thinking also covers stun?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-06 14:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »

A bit late here, but Sakpata has resist status ailments on the body augments which I'm thinking also covers stun?

If only. Sam can’t use sakpata though
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-05-06 14:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Against my better judgement I R15ed my Yoichi. So I figured "screw it I should use it"

Found any use for Ullr + Yoichi's Arrows and using Empyreal Arrow?

I'm slowly working on trials to Afterglow my own Yoichi (and have the Plutons to 119 it just sitting on a mule), more for RNG REMA completion's sake than anything else. But I'm curious about what kinds of niche SAM possibilities that may open up.

As a practical matter for SAM, I think my main use case for bow is more just for pulling mobs - say, quickly grabbing one from a pack in Sheol C. For that purpose, Ullr's probably better anyway due to the considerably lower delay, but I'll take an infinite source of good ammo. And I do love how Yoichi looks as a lockstyle for my SAM (it matches my red-heavy outfit lol).
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-06 17:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

I'm slowly working on trials to Afterglow my own Yoichi (and have the Plutons to 119 it just sitting on a mule), more for RNG REMA completion's sake than anything else. But I'm curious about what kinds of niche SAM possibilities that may open up.

As a practical matter for SAM, I think my main use case for bow is more just for pulling mobs - say, quickly grabbing one from a pack in Sheol C. For that purpose, Ullr's probably better anyway due to the considerably lower delay, but I'll take an infinite source of good ammo. And I do love how Yoichi looks as a lockstyle for my SAM (it matches my red-heavy outfit lol).

I did Oddy with it, but that was v15. We would kill arrebati it with rng, cor, thf, sam, rdm, pld. Empyreal Arrow hits like a truck with the bow and TP bonus great katana (ToM), and I even made a snapshot/rapid shot set out of the alluvion skirmish Acro set.

That is literally the only thing I've used bow for. Ullr definitely out performs Namas arrow with Yoichi
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-05-06 19:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

I did Oddy with it, but that was v15. We would kill arrebati it with rng, cor, thf, sam, rdm, pld. Empyreal Arrow hits like a truck with the bow and TP bonus great katana (ToM), and I even made a snapshot/rapid shot set out of the alluvion skirmish Acro set.

That is literally the only thing I've used bow for. Ullr definitely out performs Namas arrow with Yoichi

No doubt that it does more damage, but it requires higher tp levels.

Honestly it's all preference. You will want to make relic for the arrows. Without any rank augs Yoichi is very underwhelming.

I have both, I prefer Yoichi.
-Mainly because it's pretty decent at R15. Namas was pretty consistent and could be spammed at 1000tp.
-It can also be used for Light or Darkness SC. Corsairs can close darkness off it via Leaden. They seem to love that for some reason.
-TP Per hit is quite nice with Samurai Roll. I had a 3 hit build with mine.
-Also has plenty of Archery Skill/Racc.
-I believe it is 2.75ftp with roughly a +65% damage boost at R15. Self skill chains with itself too which isn't terrible with capped SCDMG. Whenever I see perfect dodge all I can think is "Parry this you filthy casual"
-Crit+5, Underwhelming but hell I will take it. I really wish it had Store TP like Annihilator.
-Actually pairs well with Shining one on piercing weak enemies. Namas Arrow-> Impulse Drive= Darkness. No multistep/sonic thrust needed. Plus at Rank 15, that crit+5 becomes good for something.
-Unlimited/Decent Arrows. You are going to want to make this for your Ullr anyways.
-I'm also trying hard to justify my purchase lmao

Also it does have less enmity if I recall.
"Names Arrow has a static 160 CE / 480 VE of Enmity"

Whereas Empyreal Arrow hits hard, but needs quite a bit of TP to do well. It's pretty underwhelming with Sekka without any TP Bonuses.

I'd make both for the skill chain options/utility. Empy Arrow can pretty much be used instead of Kasha and it will open your double light at a range.

My pet peeve about Ullr is that they made it a short bow. I'm not a fan of the lower damage/delay honestly. They did the same BS with RNG SU5 as well (light xbows suck).

Ullr is a lot better for your melee however with the STR/DEX/Macc. Not going to lie, the low delay does make for some quick pulls.

In regards to the effect on Ullr. I'm assuming it gives you a 99% RACC Cap similar to the effect of RNG Sharpshot? I didn't see much info on it.

There is actually a third bow that is fun to play with /RNG

The 1000 TP Bonus Bow from Tenzen makes for some silly Flaming Arrows on easier content. Jinpu is going to be much better however. On the plus side Flaming Arrow will open Scission for Jinpu.

Messing with Kastra's calculator, I know it's far from perfect. Seems like after a certain point buffs stop adding additional damage on this calc for Namas/Empyreal.

It comes down to preference honestly. R15ing Yoichi just becomes a really expensive side grade/toy for some people.

The biggest shame is having to sacrifice our subjob just to unlock flaming arrow.. Such BS
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-06 22:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I said above that I made the magian TP bonus gkt for it, so every WS was at least 2250 minimum effective TP for my Ullr. Was also in attack starved situation with only cor, no brd, so the 2x attack bonus on Empyreal did a lot of work.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-05-07 03:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a similar experience, we had RNG, COR and SAM.
I don't think I even had Ullr back then, even if I did I would've probably still used R15 Yoichi simply because back then (years ago!) our Tank had issues keeping hate and because of that we used Armageddon on RNG and Yoichi on SAM.
I came out second in damage, above the COR to my big surprise.
WS damage was meh but WS frequency was insane lol.

I had some snapshot set myself but not BiS with Augments.
Think I used Relic+3 head and Bastok Volte gear, probably something else I can't remember.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-07 06:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam isn't on prime bow because it would be broken AF to have Sam on two of the strongest weapons in the game, with linear TP scaling on the highest TP gain job.

It would also make Rng completely redundant.
[+]
By Taint 2024-05-07 07:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be very strong, but its a Prime. Its not going to speed up your 9/9 clears or help you clear Bumba v25.

RNG has a completely different tool kit.

Soboro/Yoichi, Amano/Yoichi were broken at 75-99 cap but nobody cared.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-05-07 08:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Sam isn't on prime bow because it would be broken AF to have Sam on two of the strongest weapons in the game, with linear TP scaling on the highest TP gain job.

It would also make Rng completely redundant.

RNG has gotten quite a few ranged attack specific buffs through true shot, velocity shot, hover shot, double(triple shot) and better SS/RS gear that would still keep it ahead of sams large STP pool.

Then all SAM has to do is equip a magian gkt to cover some of that gap, balance~
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-07 08:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think it'd make RNG redundant, but the option to deal top tier damage at ranged and up front in the same event is a little much for a job that's already amazingly powerful.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-05-07 09:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I said above that I made the magian TP bonus gkt for it, so every WS was at least 2250 minimum effective TP for my Ullr. Was also in attack starved situation with only cor, no brd, so the 2x attack bonus on Empyreal did a lot of work.

Sorry if I missed that, also damn, now I need to make a Magian GK.
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156