Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 54 55 56
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-02 20:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Final Fantasy XV is out of pre-beta and currently playable in its entirety, according to Square Enix.

Speaking on the game’s official Japanese forums, with translation via Gematsu, programmer Satoshi Kitade reports the development of the Final Fantasy sequel has hit two major milestones. The game is playable from start to finish and the first half of the game appears to be finished.

“We’re at the point where we can play the game in its entirety from start to finish,” he says. “From this, everyone on the development team can get an overall view on the game.”

Kitade notes the studio is focusing on optimization, such as polishing elements of the game or adjusting gameplay.

“The first half of the game is finished with the quality of a final product, and you get the sense you’re playing it in its final form.”

Square Enix revealed new story details, centering on King Regis and Luna, back at Tokyo Game Show. It has been confirmed that Final Fantasy XV will also feature Moogles, the series' adorable winged creatures. And if you’re wondering why the main characters wear black, Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata talked about that and the battle effects clothing will have.

The long-in-development sequel, formerly known as Final Fantasy Versus XIII is set to be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sometime in 2016. Square Enix plans on revealing the release date at a “special event” in March 2016.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-02 20:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully May or June, at the latest. It will be interesting to see how they stagger their releases, with Star Ocean coming out in Japan in February. I'm sure they want to maximize their profits, since Tomb Raider bombed.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-12 11:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In December fans had a chance to ask the developers of Final Fantasy XV questions about the game. Today, three of the most popular questions were answered.

Will large buildings have multiple warp points to allow Noctis to scale and explore rooftops?

Why of course they will! The warp ability that lets you teleport instantly to high up locations is a vital part of FFXV’s battle system. The ability to use multiple warp points in a strategic manner is especially prevalent in the game’s large scale battles over urban terrain. It is not just the buildings though, and we have also created exciting aerial battles with flying foes and gigantic boss enemies, so watch out for those.

Respondent: Lead Level Designer Terada Takefumi

How much of the big cities like Altissia/Insomnia will we be able to explore?

I can tell everyone a little about Altissia at this time.

Altissia has many and varied locations, such as multiple cafes, ship-bourne market places and parks etc. The city is of a considerable scale, to the extent that even the developers sometimes get lost there!

The player is free to take a leisurely walk around the complex maze of streets, or ride the gondola to see the sights and there is also added enjoyment to be had looking for restaurants to visit! You are bound to encounter some unique characters when exploring the city streets.

So we have created lots of different things to enjoy in Altissia and hope everyone is looking forward to visiting!

Respondent: Planner Ishikawa Tomonori

How will the difficulty modes compare in terms of XP gain, enemy stats, damage and A.I?

The equivalent to difficulty level settings in FFXV is a system where you can switch between different battle modes. By having this ability to switch modes, we want to make it so that both players who like action oriented, technical gameplay and also those who want to fight at a slower, more relaxed pace can all enjoy the combat in their own style. This switching system is a key part of the gameplay that we decided to introduce based on the feedback we received from the Episode Duscae demo. We will go into more detail about the system closer to the game’s launch so stay tuned for more information.

Respondent: Lead Game Designer Takizawa Masashi
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-12 12:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatevs SE. See you in March for your epic announcement of when the game is actually coming out. -_-
By Altimaomega 2016-01-12 13:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
big cities like Altissia/Insomnia

SE trying to win back my money by naming a City after me... It might work.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-01-25 22:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
New details on Final Fantasy XV are coming very soon, as Square Enix announced a new Active Time Report is airing this weekend.

According to a post FFXV's official Twitter account, the stream will begin on January 30 at 8pm PST/11pm EST and in Europe on January 31 at 4am GMT. The broadcast will feature "new battle footage" and additional information on the Niflheim Empire.

The Jan #FFXVATR will be streaming this week! NA: Jan 30 at 20:00PST EU: Jan 31 at 04:00GMT https://t.co/h6G2iuNPm3 pic.twitter.com/HuJauH8TZk

— Final Fantasy XV (@FFXVEN) January 25, 2016

Final Fantasy XV will release sometime later this year for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, and is now playable from start to finish. According to game director Hajime Tabata, the studio drew inspiration from The Last of Us, with the goal delivering a narrative "where the gameplay and storytelling are really one in the same."
By Altimaomega 2016-01-26 02:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Other games should be comparing themselves to Final Fantasy.. Not the other way around. SE makes me so angry/sad.. Hope this game finally bankrupts them.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-01-29 11:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-29 12:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Other games should be comparing themselves to Final Fantasy.. Not the other way around. SE makes me so angry/sad.. Hope this game finally bankrupts them.

It won't. SE's financials are finally back on track, even if the FF series isn't. Star Ocean 5 comes out in 2 months, thats going to be the absolute best game they release this year. With KH3 and FF7 Remake in the wings, even if this game sucks, its still going to sell at least 5 million copies. I expect the other two to outsell it, possibly by 2-3x. So, SE will be fine regardless of this poorly marketed FF title.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-29 13:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

There's nothing wrong with taking some inspiration from other successful games, particularly something as vague as how it tells its narrative.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-01-30 21:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC0iTA8Ql_o

15 Active Time Report starting for anyone interested
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-30 22:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice it has subtitles, the star ocean ones havent -.-
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-30 22:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Watched the whole thing, unremarkable tbh. Some character reveals, talked about magic, and hyped up the March event set for the 30th, so still 2 months until we get a release date.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-01-30 23:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not 100% but I think Aranea is voiced by Sawashiro Miyuki
By Draylo 2016-01-31 00:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else just roll their eyes when they see this? So many "fans" who think they know whats best for this company and like they haven't put out anything good since "namepersonsfavoritegamehere"
[+]
By Luminohelix 2016-01-31 00:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Anyone else just roll their eyes when they see this? So many "fans" who think they know whats best for this company and like they haven't put out anything good since "namepersonsfavoritegamehere"
Since FF1 :P
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2016-01-31 01:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-31 01:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They have not put out anything good since SE took over Square.. Anyone else just roll their eyes when they see people that have no idea what they are talking about..

11 was started by Square.. SE killed it.
Had hopes for 12.. It was alright.
Excited for 13, Suckga..
Tremendous hope for 14..Death. Remade.. Failaga
Lost hope for 15.. Signs don't point to good things.

So yeah. Been a fan for 30 years. Wish SE would sell it to a company that cares. I really do hope it is a good game, honestly I do. The track record is a killer though. Only thing that has kept SE around is die hard fans that want to play Final Fantasy and they manage to not listen to them and screw up as often as possible.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-01-31 02:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really...

The only FF game I play now is record keeper and the ff1-11 go around... SE lost the RPG crown years ago and can't even get it back in arms reach due to the massive amount of "Don't listen to you customers" JP logic that infected them since 2005
By Draylo 2016-01-31 02:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They have not put out anything good since SE took over Square.. Anyone else just roll their eyes when they see people that have no idea what they are talking about..

Excited for 13, Suckga..

So yeah. Been a fan for 30 years. Wish SE would sell it to a company that cares. I really do hope it is a good game, honestly I do. The track record is a killer though. Only thing that has kept SE around is die hard fans that want to play Final Fantasy and they manage to not listen to them and screw up as often as possible.

Except SE has made more than 4 games since that merger... Hater bandwagoner it seems like. Reminds me of the rabid fans that constantly attack the star wars prequels. Same schtick every time, "Square Soft was way better!" Wasn't everything when everyone was younger?
By Altimaomega 2016-01-31 02:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Excited for 13, Suckga..

Except SE has made more than 4 games since that merger... Hater bandwagoner it seems like.

Oh yea totally forgot about all those handheld games that are not even worth mentioning since they are rip offs of Classic Square and X-2 and the whole 13 cluster. Great point, you've changed my mind SE RULES!@
By Altimaomega 2016-01-31 02:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hater bandwagoner it seems like. Reminds me of the rabid fans that constantly attack the star wars prequels. Same schtick every time, "Square Soft was way better!" Wasn't everything when everyone was younger?

I was hating on SE before the bandwagon got wheels dude. Lots of games blow Final Fantasy out of the water nowadays which is really sad considering the potential money FF fans will THROW at SE if they actually did it correctly. The first Dragon age was epic for instance.

Are you seriously backing these massive POS games? Do you like getting bent over while playing trash? You would be part of the problem. Thanks so much for encouraging them.
By Draylo 2016-01-31 02:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, right... SE doesn't listen to fans but they are remaking FF7 after years of bitching. I don't think any company should 100% listen to fans, most of them are little babies who have no idea what they want. SE is known for experimenting with their games, especially Final Fantasy series. Leave those decisions to the people who actually create the video games and have years of experience, not some armchair developer wiping cheeto dust off their face and smacking their keyboards with all their hate for the company.
By Draylo 2016-01-31 02:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hater bandwagoner it seems like. Reminds me of the rabid fans that constantly attack the star wars prequels. Same schtick every time, "Square Soft was way better!" Wasn't everything when everyone was younger?

I was hating on SE before the bandwagon got wheels dude. Lots of games blow Final Fantasy out of the water nowadays which is really sad considering the potential money FF fans will THROW at SE if they actually did it correctly. The first Dragon age was epic for instance.

Are you seriously backing these massive POS games? Do you like getting bent over while playing trash? You would be part of the problem. Thanks so much for encouraging them.

"These" games? What games have I defended? Do I think FF12 is good? Yes I do. FF13, isn't that great gameplay wise and 14 I think everyone knows my opinion. My point was they didn't just make 4 games since the merger, they still put out quality games. I could go on a huge list and not just handheld games either. I won't because it will be a waste of time as you already have your mind set that SE should crash and burn.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-01-31 02:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You're totally right Altimaomega, you definately make up 100% of the communities view towards SE and their games. If they weren't such a good company, they'd be in the same position as Capcom is right now. The only reason why Capcom is only relevant atm is because of Sony and Street Fighter 5.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-31 02:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, right... SE doesn't listen to fans but they are remaking FF7 after years of bitching.

Remaking a classic Squaresoft game and it is going to literally make more money than every other Final fantasy game they have tried to make. Do you even hear yourself? Personally I think 7 is one of Squares worse games. Even so it is 100% better than anything SE has ***out since taking over.

I don't think any company should 100% listen to fans
Well your backing the right horse then,

SE is known for experimenting with their games, especially Final Fantasy series.
And about going bankrupt in the process and having to remake an MMO because it sucked so bad.

Leave those decisions to the people who actually create the video games and have years of experience
Um yeah. I bet good money your one of the "Look its so pretty, I don't care if the entire game is a CS and has nothing to it at all types of people."

smacking their keyboards with all their hate
Should look in the mirror..
By Altimaomega 2016-01-31 02:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

"These" games? What games have I defended? Do I think FF12 is good? Yes I do. FF13, isn't that great gameplay wise and 14 I think everyone knows my opinion. My point was they didn't just make 4 games since the merger, they still put out quality games. I could go on a huge list and not just handheld games either. I won't because it will be a waste of time as you already have your mind set that SE should crash and burn.

I just want them to stop screwing up Final Fantasy games. Could really care less about anything else they make. You brought up that crap. I have only been talking about FF, my bad if you cannot fathom that. And as a matter of fact if it wasn't for the Final Fantasy name and the player base it demands SE would have crashed and burned along time ago.
By Draylo 2016-01-31 02:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Remaking a classic Squaresoft game and it is going to literally make more money than every other Final fantasy game they have tried to make. Do you even hear yourself? Personally I think 7 is one of Squares worse games. Even so it is 100% better than anything SE has ***out since taking over.

Oh look a FF7 hater, let me guess FF6 was your favoritest and every game they make should be in 2D ! Typical anti-popular bandwagoner lol.

Quote:
Um yeah. I bet good money your one of the "Look its so pretty, I don't care if the entire game is a CS and has nothing to it at all types of people."

Nope, actually I'm not considering I enjoy games like FFRK and don't play 14?

Quote:
I just want them to stop screwing up Final Fantasy games. Could really care less about anything else they make.

So you admit you have no idea about the company outside of Final Fantasy games, and yet you want them to go bankrupt and burn... lol. So 3~4 games automatically sinks them, huh? Okay you said earlier:

Quote:

So what exactly can they do to make a game that would please you? Since nothing at all (even though you admit you didn't look at anything outside of FF games) they've done these past years has done well to you.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-31 03:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

even though you admit you didn't look at anything outside of FF games
First off. You realize I am on a FF site, posting in a thread about FF15, right? What could possible make you think I give a crap about any of their horrible games when they make FF games that barely hold my interest.

So you admit you have no idea about the company outside of Final Fantasy games, and yet you want them to go bankrupt and burn... lol. So 3~4 games automatically sinks them, huh? Okay you said earlier:

So you realize they have made more than 4 FF games in the 12years they have had the Title rights? You realize that they did almost go bankrupt and burn back in 2009-2011 right? You realize that if it wasn't for the Final Fantasy name they would have Right?

So what exactly can they do to make a game that would please you?
Make a game that has More than 3 slots for armor. Make so many weapons and relics and items that it takes me 80 hours+ to find it all in a world that isn't a straight *** line. Make a ***ton of Towns you can buy stuff in, plain old monsters that Will kill you if youre not paying attention. Oh, And I do not want to hear people talk, I can read, I don't need annoying voice overs. Get ride of quick-time events and all you have to do is Hit the A button from lvl-1 all the way to lvl-100. Hell make a game that you have to be higher than lvl 30 to actually beat it!

Basically make me a Final Fantasy Game that deserves to be called Final Fantasy.

"These" games? What games have I defended? Do I think FF12 is good? Yes I do. FF13, isn't that great gameplay wise and 14 I think everyone knows my opinion. My point was they didn't just make 4 games since the merger,
So out of the FF games they have made you think 12 was the only one that was good. Even though you can beat it at lvl 30.. And I'm the bad guy here..? really? WTF!
By Draylo 2016-01-31 03:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Make a game that has More than 3 slots for armor.

Um... wat? Plenty of their games have had more than 3 slots of armor lol, as if that even matters and is important in the game anyway.

Quote:
Make so many weapons and relics and items that it takes me 80 hours+ to find it all in a world that isn't a straight *** line.

Honestly can't tell if you are talking only about FF or all their games, I'm going to assume just FF. You do realize FF12 has this already?

Quote:
Make a ***ton of Towns you can buy stuff in, plain old monsters that Will kill you if youre not paying attention.

None of them have this... right. lol

Quote:
Oh, And I do not want to hear people talk, I can read, I don't need annoying voice overs.

*Eye roll*

Quote:
Hell make a game that you have to be higher than lvl 30 to actually beat it!

Have you ever heard of low level challenge? Do you realize that almost every FF game can be beaten at level 1~5 or around that? Go look up videos on youtube, that already means its a bad game I guess since you aren't above lvl 30 ;/ So according to you, every FF game is bad.

Quote:
Basically make me a Final Fantasy Game that deserves to be called Final Fantasy.

Catch phrase from the hater bandwagoners, you've said nothing at all to suggest to SE how to create your perfect FF game... Also many of the things you listed are in many of their games since the merger. You can't just debate 3 games (going to say three since you said after 11, so 12~14.) as the sole reason SE is a horrible company lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 54 55 56