Let's See Your Armadaberk Augments!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Let's see your Armadaberk Augments!
Let's see your Armadaberk Augments!
 Bahamut.Ivebian
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Smg1388
By Bahamut.Ivebian 2012-11-29 09:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Best augments I've been able to get, wish i would have got 3 DA on that top one.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-29 10:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Egonn said: »

I parsed these vs Phorcys and the 3DA/7str ones. They came out on top over both of them with restraint down. I haven't tried legion or Odin V2 yet but that'll come soon. Still not the best they could be but I'll deal for now.
If I'm following that correctly, you are saying that both
1) 6GA Skill > 7str
2) 1 Double attack + 6 Great Axe > 9str+9dex+(set bonus maybe)+9 attack

in parses on specifically NOT 2 of the only events in the current game where the acc difference might matter? Thank you for showing exactly why people don't use parsing to compare pieces. I don't know if those with good augments or phorcys win out for the situations you are playing in, but I can basically promise you the quoted pair are worse than if they had +7str w/o the GA skill. (If you were in abyssea the GA pair might win if you have no buffs, only thing I can think of)
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-11-29 10:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ivebian said: »

Best augments I've been able to get, wish i would have got 3 DA on that top one.

Major ***-tease on that top one :(
 Leviathan.Egonn
Server: Leviathan
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2012-11-29 10:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »

I parsed these vs Phorcys and the 3DA/7str ones. They came out on top over both of them with restraint down. I haven't tried legion or Odin V2 yet but that'll come soon. Still not the best they could be but I'll deal for now.
If I'm following that correctly, you are saying that both
1) 6GA Skill > 7str
2) 1 Double attack + 6 Great Axe > 9str+9dex+(set bonus maybe)+9 attack

in parses on specifically NOT 2 of the only events in the current game where the acc difference might matter? Thank you for showing exactly why people don't use parsing to compare pieces. I don't know if those with good augments or phorcys win out for the situations you are playing in, but I can basically promise you the quoted pair are worse than if they had +7str w/o the GA skill. (If you were in abyssea the GA pair might win if you have no buffs, only thing I can think of)

Where are you getting 9 dex from? We all know everything is situational. For me, these win as far as I can tell. I use berk/99ukkon so I'm alright with str 90% of the time, accuracy also. It's not a significant difference, its just something different for people who don't have phorcys to look into. I'm not saying in any way that they're better for everyone, amazing, etc. I was just saying what I've seen so far.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-14 07:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my newest augment. Great thing about being WAR is, that 6'th Store TP just isn't needed.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-12-14 07:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I have noticed with my Synergy if you land on lets say 44 or 43 instead of 45 feed again, anything above 45 let it leak and try and stop leak right on 45 I more 75% of the time I score a hq3. I am not sure what it is maybe just luck but I think the more stress the crucible endures without exploding provides great results.
By sprinkles84 2012-12-14 07:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to get a pic of mine .. keep forgetting to go on here at home

STP+5
DA+2

not the worst..

definately the one ill keep til im flowing with gil to "burn" again
 Leviathan.Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2012-12-19 15:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone with a 3% DA 3stp+ Hauberk and a 3% TA breastplate with parse numbers for both? I know the accuracy can become issue but I've completed meebles and I can get the 3% DA 5 att 15 acc mantle so I was looking to switch it out and compare the numbers again. I just wanted to make sure it was worth my time and points for the back piece.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-19 16:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't exactly follow why you want parse numbers comparing the two, or what exactly you were looking to vary in the parse; but I will tell you that letalis mantle is a very very good investment if you do a lot of Legion and other high endgame events.
 Leviathan.Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2012-12-19 17:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically the argument that Hauby can come out on top on the newer end game mobs is because it has accuracy, with letalis, I'm wondering if it would trump the hauby no matter what.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-19 17:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Armadaberk has better overall stats if you quantify a value on each. How well the accuracy and store TP fit future builds/mobs is impossible to predict, but it'd be absurd to call Valk's a superior piece on the basis of one other available accuracy swap.
[+]
 Bismarck.Stani
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-12-20 04:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically the argument that Hauby can come out on top on the newer end game mobs is because it has accuracy, with letalis, I'm wondering if it would trump the hauby no matter what.

An interesting question:

3DA/4+sTP Armadaberk, Mars, Atheling:
24 Acc (32.5 w/ DEX)
11 DEX
44 Att (52.25 w/ STR)
11 STR
6 DA
4+ sTP

3TA/10Acc Valkyplate, Tyrant's, Letalis:
31 Acc (28 w/ DEX)
-4 DEX
29 Att (37.25 w/ STR)
11 STR
3 TA
3 DA
4 sTP

You're right to say that Letalis+Valkyplate is right in Armadaberk+Atheling's ballpark for mid-to-high Acc scenarios. Unfortunately (unless something comes along and really shakes up our x-hits) I wouldn't say that Valkyplate trumps Armadaberk no matter what, because Armadaberk will have 15 DEX and 8 Acc (19.25 w/ DEX) on the Valkyplate's maximum Acc set for the forseeable future. And without buff locking, there's going to be a lot more Aggressor/buff down fighting going on.

This is especially unfortunate because WAR's A+ Skill Relic is garbo for damage. Mythic and Empy are way better in that department, but without that 40 Acc in the Main slot to seal the deal, Acc is currently a big concern for GA users. So serious that RagnaWAR is holds its own, even at B+ skill rating.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2012-12-26 15:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend managed to get this recently. Closest I've ever seen to mine.

By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-27 07:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Friend managed to get this recently. Closest I've ever seen to mine.

I'd pay an absolutely ridiculous amount of gil for a guaranteed Accuracy+ Store TP+6 Double Attack +3 set of augments on mine.
By Jurant 2012-12-28 02:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason i keep getting Error trying to upload. But i just got Str 5 Double atk 1 augment..... Did not keep though as i currently have double atk 2 and stp augment at the moment, hoping to improve still. Was so gutted though. 16str armada.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-28 13:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My best friend Deverca just got this on his Armadaberk. What a cruel joke on SE's part.
[+]
By Jurant 2012-12-28 18:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

There it is.
[+]
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-28 23:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Jurant said: »

There it is.

Ugh....seems SE just loves to troll with the top two random augments (Accuracy and STR).
By Jurant 2012-12-29 00:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i just noticed in ukkos fury topic there is a 6str 1 DA lol.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-29 00:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

DeathOfSiren said: »
Ugh....seems SE just loves to troll with the top two random augments (Accuracy and STR).
Guess that means your friend didn't take the acc3/stp6/da2 one?
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-29 07:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
DeathOfSiren said: »
Guess that means your friend didn't take the acc3/stp6/da2 one?

He's keeping it until he gets STP+6 DA+3.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-29 13:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Might wanna spreadsheet that, I wouldn't be surprised if 3acc > 1DA for uncapped acc situations (ie, where Armada is good).

Edit: I checked, his 'berk is better than stp6/da3 when accuracy isn't capped.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-30 19:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Might wanna spreadsheet that, I wouldn't be surprised if 3acc > 1DA for uncapped acc situations (ie, where Armada is good).

Edit: I checked, his 'berk is better than stp6/da3 when accuracy isn't capped.

Thanks. Passed the word to him. He's going to keep them.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2012-12-30 21:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i win the internets with this augment
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-31 17:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
i win the internets with this augment

sh00p'd
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Daemonarch
Server: Asura
By Asura.Daemonarch 2013-03-17 01:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Got this on my 4th tatter. Praise SE's random number generator!!
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2013-03-19 01:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Still working on some of these, especially the mittens and haidate. Thinking of redoing the p.hands as well for some STR.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2013-03-22 06:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Got this pretty epic augment on Valk. Unfortunately I can't find any set where this comes on top...

Spreadsheets are always showing Armada sets or lolPorthos/windbuffet ahead for Ragnarok WAR or DRK :(
Any tips for a set where this could shine considering embrava nerf?
 Leviathan.Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2013-03-22 08:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »

Got this pretty epic augment on Valk. Unfortunately I can't find any set where this comes on top...

Spreadsheets are always showing Armada sets or lolPorthos/windbuffet ahead for Ragnarok WAR or DRK :(

Yeah sets are going to change quite a bit after nerf. But if you don't have ares's +1 gear, a valk like this is right up there. Parse your play style more than sheets. Everything looks different on paper.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-22 08:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »

Your embrava sets should still work for marches unless your brd is REALLY sub-par, or you can't account for the regain somehow. That really shouldn't be an issue for ragnarok because it's not like you'd have a decent hit-build on rag anyhow (or anything that doesn't count on magically landing 5 hits reliably).