Internet Browsers And Release Notes
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-10-09 12:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Updating firefox.Firefox 16.0 just came out.

Notes will be up when i find them.

also i changed the names on the past notes it will show only as the program name not the version from now on.The only one not changed is internet explorer.They still offer support for internet explorer 8 that is why this is unchanged.

The main post should be right now i messed up when changing something it should be fixed if the firefox download links gos to the wrong place let me know.As well as if the notes for 16.0 go to the wrong place let me know please.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-10-11 16:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone using firefox 16.0 a new update just hit today of firefox 16.1 to fix a bug that let someone see what site u go on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19909106

so u can read for your self i put the link before this message

edit

i just updated the note list with firefox 16.0.1 the notes for it are there.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-10-26 20:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Main post updated.New firefox information is up and so are the notes. for firefox 16.0.2
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-11-10 10:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This time around it is opera again that is updating this time i did something better then normal.I updated the main post and i add the past logs from the update i missed before this of opera the beta to the archive notes.

opera 12.10 is out.
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2012-11-10 10:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose this thread is ok for people who dont know how to work a search function.
 Phoenix.Ladyjazz
Premium
Server: Phoenix
user: Ladyjazz
By Phoenix.Ladyjazz 2012-11-10 10:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lilsanchez said: »
I suppose this thread is ok for people who dont know how to work a search function.

I can use search but I have OP bookmarked and find it very fast and convenient to use.

Easy to check when I am getting a glitch in a browser, too.

Thanks Kawar!
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2012-11-10 11:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to be an avid firefox user, but it started glitching, crashing or screwing up something wayyy to often. Switched to chrome and literally.. Have not a single darn issue. Not even once yet.

Love that all your Info, settings, bookmarks get saved online via google+ with it too. Also, saved my *** the last time my HDD crashed on me and I had to reinstall everything.
 Leviathan.Yogurt
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Yogurt 2012-11-10 11:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lilsanchez said: »
I used to be an avid firefox user, but it started glitching, crashing or screwing up something wayyy to often. Switched to chrome and literally.. Have not a single darn issue. Not even once yet.

Exactly the same reason why I stopped using firefox, I started noticing the freezing, not responding errors, and crashing; when they switched to their new update method where they rolled out updates(what is it every 6 weeks? instead of every few months 6months?)more frequently.
I still use firefox in mint thought, because chrome isn't as stable for me at least in Linux mint.
 Fenrir.Tsuji
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2012-11-10 11:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Been wanting to try Opera for a while. I will one day.
I was a huge Firefox user, though ever since it started to slow down and crashed more often, I switched to Chrome. Its less laggy and simply crashes less. What happened, my beloved Firefox? =/

But I still love me some features from Firefox over Chrome, such as the favourites and opening/saving files.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-11-10 14:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be any number of things. Sometimes software breaks after extended usage. Did you try a fresh install of ff?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-11-10 15:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to get rid of this conduit *** in firefox? It's super annoying. I can get rid of it for a while but sometimes when I open a new tab it'll show up and it won't use google for url keyword searches like it did before.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-11-10 15:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

2010 answer, but can try it: link
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-11-10 15:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done the about:config thing but sometimes it just shows up again, I don't even know how I got it in the first place.
By Jetackuu 2012-11-10 16:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Anyone know how to get rid of this conduit *** in firefox? It's super annoying. I can get rid of it for a while but sometimes when I open a new tab it'll show up and it won't use google for url keyword searches like it did before.

there's several ways, and iirc it's a toolbar and or malware.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-11-10 16:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If your browser isn't highly modded with addons, you can try saving your browser bookmarks, completely uninstall (including preferences), reinstall and restore your bookmarks from the backup.

If its tied to your current ff install this could remove it, if it's a registry change you'll need to find what's been changed in the registry. I dunno, never dealt with this particular software before.

First though make sure that it's completely removed from the addon menu.

Sounds like crapware in the form of a toolbar/addon.
By Jetackuu 2012-11-10 16:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

one search led me to read that somebody got rid of it when they uninstalled firefox with revo uninstaller, and that took care of it, just worth noting if a regular uninstall doesn't grab it.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-11-10 16:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah revo does a good job of picking up those rogue registry changes.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-11-10 17:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen other people have trouble getting rid of it and then they post that they did but they never *** tell you HOW they did it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-11-10 17:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Used revo and reinstalled, hopefully that worked. I've scanned with a few different tools but everything came up clean so it kinda confused me :/ Running a full scan with malwarebytes right now just to see if anything pops up.
By Jetackuu 2012-11-10 17:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

is that one of those search redirects?
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-11-10 18:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You could always try HJT to fix the redirect. I'm too lazy to retype the whole blurb on it, and it's probably slightly off-topic already, but *digs around* here is the last time I mentioned it...

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18542/random-thoughtswhat-are-you-thinking/64/#1164098

...HijackThis works really well and using the link there to copy-and-paste the report into the field is a lot easier than it used to be to analyse each item.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-11-10 18:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
is that one of those search redirects?

When you open a tab or search for something (keyword.url ) it'll use their tab (instead of an empty one) and go to their search engine instead of google.
By Jetackuu 2012-11-10 18:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

a "yes" then, yeah I never did get to getting rid of that on a PC awhile back.

thing's probably still infected, not sure. GF sold it to her sister, so haven't seen it in awhile. I think I just imaged it.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-11-20 15:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Firefox 17 information has been updated the op is not updated right.If i missed any of the old 16.2 info please let me know.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-11-24 19:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Opera 12.11 is out and i just updated the main post so every thing should be updated.Like normal if you find something wrong with the main post let me know and i will try to fix it if i can.

Notes are all up for 12.11 and i moved the old ones.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-11-24 19:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

IE 10 is in beta 101
so kawar, hows your website coming along?
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-11-25 11:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
IE 10 is in beta 101
If you can get me the download link i will put it up.But i cant grab it seeing as i do not have an os that can download 10.so even if i went to the site it would show as the one i can download.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-12-01 16:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

FireFox 17.1 is out and the op is updated.If you see any thing wrong or missing from this firefoxs update let me know i will change it.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-12-19 18:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Opera has been updated it now shows version .12 and the old notes have been moved.The new ones are up as well the notes.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2012-12-21 01:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
Cerberus.Eugene said: »
IE 10 is in beta 101
If you can get me the download link i will put it up.But i cant grab it seeing as i do not have an os that can download 10.so even if i went to the site it would show as the one i can download.
Use VMware to create a virtual Windows 8 machine, not difficult to do.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7