Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 515 516 517 ... 843 844 845
By geigei 2017-12-20 13:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Which spell was based on magic damage and not mab? not low tier nukes
By clearlyamule 2017-12-20 13:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The only player sources of magic dmg but aren't effect by mab are enspell dmg, 1000 needles, and skillchain dmg.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-20 14:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget Drain, Dread Spikes, and Rune Enchantments.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-20 14:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah forgot drain and that dread spikes were different than other spikes I suppose reprisal is probably the same I stand corrected. drk sucks anyways bring it nerds!

Rune enchantments kind of fall under the umbrella of enspell same with all the items with additional effect xxx dmg
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-12-20 15:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

For reference, Reprisal spikes are affected by MAB. And it's a pain in the ***. Makes reprisal hit it's damage cap and wear off really fast when you're AE cleaving high level mobs with Malaise/Acumen up.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-12-21 10:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Question on exporting xml's

I like //gs export inv, is there a way to do this with other parts of your inventory like Safe, Safe2, Storage, Locker, etc etc.

Trying to get a little organized with my hoarding problem.
By geigei 2017-12-21 10:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought there was impact or helix or something, favor mdg over mab, reason i ask if any mallquis good besides pdt body.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-21 10:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
I thought there was impact or helix or something, favor mdg over mab, reason i ask if any mallquis good besides pdt body.
Helixes and even to an extent low tier nukes have a low base dmg so things like int and magic damage stat have a greater effect than they would on other spells but mab effects them the same. Just means it takes less to do as much as the mab still does.

If we were still doing T1 spamming and that was efficient mallquis might be good for that. And maybe even non MB helixing. Set has decent macc so might be good for impact since that's more about landing full duration debuff than dmg
[+]
 Cua
By Cua 2017-12-21 11:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I've come to realize that this game is more about the journey and not the destination.

I'm going to work on making my SMN great not for the easy party invites, but because I'll find it fun.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-12-21 15:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
zaxtiss said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Is there a way to filter geo bubble animations completely?

you should be able to turn them off under the config options iirc
I checked and there's not. Bubble animations make my PC lag and it is a 12 thread Xeon with 48GB RAM and an AMD W8100. They really should add a way to do this.

Odd.. I’m playing on a stick-relic from 2007 (Best Buy) and the bubbles don’t interfere with my frame rate. I wonder what could be messing with you there.

On that same note, my frame rate has been very noticeably weak ever since this last update for no known reason so I can’t really talk.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-21 15:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Logger was seriously *** up my frame rate after the last windows 10 update... ***just randomly breaks some times.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-12-21 15:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I checked and there's not. Bubble animations make my PC lag and it is a 12 thread Xeon with 48GB RAM and an AMD W8100. They really should add a way to do this.
Xeon processors generally don't do single-threaded applications terribly well. That could be the crux of your problem. They're more of a server CPU architecture built for massive parallelization, often sacrificing throughput on each individual thread to gain more total throughput.

Combine that with the game's poorly-written and poorly-ported code that barely runs on machines well-suited to it... and it's a recipe for disaster.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-22 04:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing with ffxi is it only uses 1 core no matter how many you have.

New tech makes single cores smaller because theres a 4-8 of them and virtual cores to spread the load...

FFXI gives zero *** and only uses the 1... old tech with better single cores (or large duo cores) make 11 run best.

Without heavily modding the game (like dgvoodoo)

it's also about running ancient directX, newer pcs don't adjust well to 15 year old tech that cannot be upgraded (again, without dgvoodoo)
((this is what I've been told))

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2017-12-22 09:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Whats the math behind a HQ item price?

Thanks in advance.
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
Server: Ragnarok
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2017-12-22 21:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the cap for + weapon skill damage %? In gear
By clearlyamule 2017-12-22 21:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There is none

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-22 22:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

***happens all over the place in random spots. Kind of lame
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-22 22:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

Whats the math behind a HQ item price?

Thanks in advance.

Pretty simple really. Most crafters I know (myself included) price hqs like this -

Cost of materials x number of synths to get one hq (so, if a tier 1 synth, I assume 12, tier 2 I assume 4, tier zero I assume 50- probably a tad high on that one) minus gil return from the sales of the nq (be that real sales or npc'ing). This gives me the minimum I can sell that sweet hq for and break even. Then, I study sales trends for that item to estimate the value of that piece, and price the hq somewhere between break even cost and double that value. Noteworthy is that this margin doesn't change if I hit that hq early- you have to plan for crap luck later.

Then, after doing this math I stop myself before crafting because I can buy it cheaper from someone who has finished their shield.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-23 06:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
What is that invisible thing that causes characters to stop at the entrance from Batilla Downs in Upper Jeuno? I thought it was an Xbox only thing (since that was when I last had it happen) but I ran into it today. Almost like there is an invisible wall or npc there.

This is a vid of it. (not mine)
YouTube Video Placeholder

That's always been there. It's nothing.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-23 06:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
What is that invisible thing that causes characters to stop at the entrance from Batilla Downs in Upper Jeuno? I thought it was an Xbox only thing (since that was when I last had it happen) but I ran into it today. Almost like there is an invisible wall or npc there.

This is a vid of it. (not mine)
YouTube Video Placeholder

That's always been there. It's nothing.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2017-12-23 08:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Could try PLD or RUN tank, 2x BLU for CDC spam (light SCs), SMN Flaming Crush MB, GEO malaise/languor/entrust fury on tank, and a WHM for heals.

But... I've always gone PLD or RUN, GEO, BLMx2, SCH, and WHM trust and just burned him down with Fire super quick.
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-12-23 09:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate resets a *** there so a mage strat or ranged strat isn't going to cut it. Sc and burst or have two whm who swap spots so one is at range and the other is in range. Whm takes care of whm and swaps spots each reset to deal with debuffs might work. I just burned it down on Drk. Going to go again and get another earring. Let you know of any strats I find

Edit: does stunning moves work? Can't recall
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-23 09:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to solo it on Dark Knight using multiple healer trusts, but each fight was a pain.

Melee + healer can duo if the healer has pdt and can survive short periods of hate reset.
First Page 2 3 ... 515 516 517 ... 843 844 845