Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Another atma question
Another atma question
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-03 14:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

so there's no real consensus as far as RR vs. GH?

can we get a mathologist up in this piece
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-03 14:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
so there's no real consensus as far as RR vs. GH? can we get a mathologist up in this piece
Pfft. Get to it Sevourn.
 Caitsith.Crunkie
Server: Caitsith
user: Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-05-03 14:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
so there's no real consensus as far as RR vs. GH?

can we get a mathologist up in this piece

Just use RR/VV/Apoc and you will be epic, until then, you can use Kparser and do it yourself! whoot whoot! I did it a while back but don't have the info anymore or I would gladly share it!

If you want that extra Subtle Blow GH can be nice, the extra Crit is what makes most people want to choose GH. And it might be better if you are not using +2 gear for TP/WS. I know personally I'm close to cap on crit hit%/dmg without this atma so the Double Attack and Regain makes my WS that much more frequent.

That's my 2 cents.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Divinite
user: Divinite
By Carbuncle.Divinite 2011-05-03 14:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? I thought crit rate capped at like 60%, or is that crit dmg?
 Caitsith.Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-05-03 14:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
You'll have about 55% crit hit rate with RR and 75% with RR and GH, Crit hit rate caps at 100%.

+the gear = what?! I'm not doubting you as you have Ejin in your LS for some great math, he always has numbers to back up his work. Even when I talk to him in /tell he's got some sorta numbers!

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Msthief
Server: Alexander
user: Msthief87
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-05-03 15:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents because I have to repeat what someone has previously said. I'm shocked how many people try to replace Apoc with something "better" - nothing really compares except for RR.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-03 15:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
so there's no real consensus as far as RR vs. GH? can we get a mathologist up in this piece
Pfft. Get to it Sevourn.

i meant to say VV vs. GH or DD, i know RR>all, brain fart i guess ><
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-03 15:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
You'll have about 55% crit hit rate with RR and 75% with RR and GH, Crit hit rate caps at 100%.
~95%, due to the 5% error rule of all things in FFXI and critical hit damage caps at 50%.

I am like 99% sure kirshcy posted some testings on BG showing 100% crit hit rate was possible ... I'll try to dig the thread.
Sample size on that test was rather small, a later test showed otherwise.
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
Server: Titan
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-05-04 04:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

For calculation DA TA and QA increases in swing i made this

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/20145/simple-haste-vs-da-ta-qa-dot-calculator/

just be warned it does not take crazy number into considerations (like 233% DA DUH)

but if you feed it real numbers it will calculate it correctly
 Carbuncle.Gilder
user: dewzedo
By Carbuncle.Gilder 2011-05-04 13:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

In defense of using VV over GH the regain can help a Ukon WAR/SAM maintain a 5 hit build as it is pretty difficult to reach the necessary 39 STP.

Anyone tried RR/Apoc/SQ or Plaguebringer? It puts me at a pretty solid 5 hit build and capped haste without using alot of -stat STP gear:

Not having to use tactical mantle/hoard ring/white tath/almah gives you back 35 ATK 5 DA 1 Haste and 11 STR which makes up for alot of what you lose from not using VV. Don't have to use Carbonara either.
 Alexander.Vivicide
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2011-05-04 14:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
each triple attack is two extra hits. so every 100 hits, you get 30 extra hits going from 0 to 15% triple attack.

This isn't really true for WAR...

Because of the fact that triple attack and double attack aren't mutually exclusive (i.e. if one doesn't proc the other may) they may both proc on the same hit. If that's the case triple attack overwrites double attack. So instead of being let's say DA rate is 50% and TA rate is 15% (nice round, realistic numbers).

It would look something like this:
100 swings
50 DA procs
15 TA procs
7.5 (rounding down to 7) DA's overwritten by TA
100 + 50 - 7 + 30 = 173... so total 73 extra attacks

So instead of getting 30 extra swings out of the Apoc you're really only getting 23 extra swings. (Which is still very good.)

Disclaimer: I'm not saying Apoc isn't good, I'm stating that triple attack on WAR isn't always as effective as adding 2 attacks. Sometimes it's only adding 1. Which still makes it a bamf atma.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-04 14:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i was answering the question two posts above mine, at which point people weren't specifically talking about war. i thought it was pretty clear that i was assuming both 0 da and 0 ta initially.
 Alexander.Vivicide
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2011-05-04 14:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Understood, my mistake.
 Ramuh.Ozwaldo
Server: Ramuh
user: Ozwaldo
By Ramuh.Ozwaldo 2011-05-11 08:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people are finding it looks like SE moved the cap on Crit hit damage from 50% to 100%. If this is the case would RR/AoA/SS or RR/VV/SS be the way to go over using RR/AoA/VV?
By Entourage 2011-05-12 13:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Ozwaldo said:
Some people are finding it looks like SE moved the cap on Crit hit damage from 50% to 100%. If this is the case would RR/AoA/SS or RR/VV/SS be the way to go over using RR/AoA/VV?

yea where the math gurus be at?
 Caitsith.Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-05-12 13:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't had a chance to parse anything yet, been so busy lately. But yesterday I was fighting some Hedjedjet with a friend decided to try out RR/GH/SS on MNK for tanking this NM. I noticed a significant increase in my Ascetic's Fury WS. This is just Eyeballing but they were all Averaging 2500+ with spikes as high as ~4500. So after that we had a couple Orthus Pops so I went and swapped my Atma to w/e his atma is (brother wolf?) along with RR/GH. Forgot to change atmas after fight to do another Hedjedjet and my WS numbers were waaaaaay down from the fight before. Averaging around 1700 with spikes around 3300. Now this was all eyeballing but I'm sure SS is going to be a significant piece of Atma in the times to come. I'll see if I can get some parses here soon for exact numbers.
By Entourage 2011-05-13 03:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more interested in the general perfect Ukon setup... right now with VV/RR/Apoc I spike up to 7200-7400... I'm curious if the added crit damage from SS outdoes either VV's 50 STR mod + da + conveniently auto starting fights with 200+ TP or even GH's crit rate (obvious benefits).

It's a shame to give up VV as I definitely prefer it over GH... but if SS would let me spike up to say... 8500-9000... why wouldn't I want to try that out lol.

I also have a perfect Revenant Fists+2 Monk (missing Hachiryu and obviously Vereth) so if this applies to that as well, any help is appreciated.

Edit: and 3k crits (aftermath+af3+2) would be pretty pimp too
 Bismarck.Faceless
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Faceless 2011-05-13 03:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

for my WAR i still prefer just to go RR VV Sea Daugther/Sundering Slash, simple idea to pull out WS whit out Tp on NMs and hey slow isnt that bad in some situation.
TE/Exp Stuff VV RR Apoc works fine for me neva had any dmg problems.
By Leonlionheart 2011-05-13 03:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Entourage said:
I'm more interested in the general perfect Ukon setup... right now with VV/RR/Apoc I spike up to 7200-7400... I'm curious if the added crit damage from SS outdoes either VV's 50 STR mod + da + conveniently auto starting fights with 200+ TP or even GH's crit rate (obvious benefits).

It's a shame to give up VV as I definitely prefer it over GH... but if SS would let me spike up to say... 8500-9000... why wouldn't I want to try that out lol.

I also have a perfect Revenant Fists+2 Monk (missing Hachiryu and obviously Vereth) so if this applies to that as well, any help is appreciated.

Edit: and 3k crits (aftermath+af3+2) would be pretty pimp too

I tested SS/RR/Apoc on worms, ODD crits were doing 1.8k, and the highest Ukko's I did was 7.4k.

ODD Set proc crits are pretty rare, but obviously 1.8k x2 = 3.6k for 1~2 hits. Thats like two free raging rushes.

However I find it hard to give up the 2/tick regain from VV to be honest because I spend most of my time walking around between fights or waiting for red proc and not simply zerging something instantly. Having Sekkanoki ready with TP once I see that red to kill something that has 60% HP (not common) instantly is pretty nice.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-05-13 03:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Also, VV > SS for Fell Cleave without Mighty Strikes up, so there's that.
By Entourage 2011-05-13 04:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

yea I was talking more of a general NM style atma setup. I wouldn't stack crit dmg for cleaving just cause well... things die so quickly anyways.

I think people generally underestimate the usefulness of having VV regain in between fights. It's worth sacrificing the 1% overall damage (if that or any at all) I'd do versus GH just for the convenience alone. The response I usually get is "yea well I can just tp build on a regular mob"... but why waste time with that?

I guess I'll just have to try out SS instead of VV myself. Haven't parsed in years so where can I find a working one?
By Entourage 2011-05-13 04:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faceless said:
for my WAR i still prefer just to go RR VV Sea Daugther/Sundering Slash, simple idea to pull out WS whit out Tp on NMs and hey slow isnt that bad in some situation.

you're vastly underestimating DoT damage in favor of pretty spike damage.
 Bismarck.Faceless
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Faceless 2011-05-13 05:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Entourage said:
Bismarck.Faceless said:
you're vastly underestimating DoT damage in favor of pretty spike damage.

its more to not stress the healer, reason is not to feed Tp on NMs and still get a nice dmg-output(run in WS run away)