Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22586 22587 22588 ... 22611 22612 22613
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-12 10:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Did pick up the Moldy Katana the other day, though. Can't let those beads go to waste...
I'm leaning towards that as my next too. I actually got another 50k beads while I waited for my friends to get their first weapon, so now I've gotta figure out which I want to do next.

I'm still partly on the fence about whether or not I want to spread myself more thin with even more jobs. I've had this same predicament every time I've hit 50,000 beads.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-12 10:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer is nerfing Naeg, thus increasing Seauence faces value
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-12 11:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think nerfing Naeg would increase Sequence value.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-12 13:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Then nerf the second best!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-12 16:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on the topic of Nyzul:
I know you cant get the same objective back to back, but how to boss floors interact with that? Specifically: is it possible for floor 19 and 21 to be the same objective? More specifically: if I get lamps on 19, is there a chance for lamps on 21?

Just answered my own question by getting spec enemies on 19 and 21.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-12 16:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Did pick up the Moldy Katana the other day, though. Can't let those beads go to waste...
I'm leaning towards that as my next too. I actually got another 50k beads while I waited for my friends to get their first weapon, so now I've gotta figure out which I want to do next.

I'm still partly on the fence about whether or not I want to spread myself more thin with even more jobs. I've had this same predicament every time I've hit 50,000 beads.
I'm viewing them from Merited WS acquisition. Katana and Great Katana would give WSes that no other job can use, so you don't have to spend those Merit slots on them. That's my path lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-12 16:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm viewing them from Merited WS acquisition. Katana and Great Katana would give WSes that no other job can use, so you don't have to spend those Merit slots on them. That's my path lol
That's another thing to consider as well.

I dunno. I wrote down on my to-do list to pick up the Malformed Katana today. And it probably would only be between that or the Dagger. Something I both love and hate is making well-balanced, meaningful decisions. It just sucks making the decision so early, knowing my static probably won't actually run through Geas Fete again for another 3-4 months.

Though I suppose another way to look at it is that I've already been gathering gear for both Ninja and Dragoon. And since I have RP'd Nyame and access to other gear, I'm already starting from a pretty OK spot. I've even been using both jobs in our Amp-charging runs as throwaway jobs. So it probably wouldn't hurt to give myself some real incentive to get at least one or the other started.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-12 16:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So, in an attempt to get the most ending on SMT3, I went to a point of no return in the story, made many saves and picked the first one to be flagged.

Giving that save wouldnt be the TDE for me, I decided to rush the content to the end.

Thing is... doing this is a surefire to burn myself out.

After so many large dungeons and dozens of bosses all of them without a single weakness and invulnerability to physical, I got to the last chapter.

But as I saw whats coming next... I was forced to lay down a bit.

Too tiresome!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-12 17:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-13 01:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning you who are a Medusa of Arrapago, a Mamool of Mamool Ja Savageland or a Troll of Halvung.

And also you who are simply a Troll of FFXIAH
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-13 01:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose yesterday I was so tired that I mistook a fast nap with a full 7h sleep.

Funny is that I couldnt even turn off the light.

Kinda funny waking up thinking "I need to turn off the light to sleep", but after looking at the clock "ow damn, its time to wake up already"
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-13 07:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I've finally gained more success on implementing chatGPT in work. I used to delegate only 1%-3% of tasks to AI but now I can delegate about 5%-10% of tasks.

Finally, no more anxiety from being behind before AI overlord eliminates the humanity.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-13 07:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Its forbidden to use chatGPT in your discussion with Radial.

Lets make it fair.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-13 07:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I think I've finally gained more success on implementing chatGPT in work. I used to delegate only 1%-3% of tasks to AI but now I can delegate about 5%-10% of tasks.

Finally, no more anxiety from being behind before AI overlord eliminates the humanity.

Using AI puts you to the front of the list, not the back. Enslaving their kind for your ends.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-13 07:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I still not satisfied with my results using AI at work to make broader use of it.

But i can see Ai as a gamechanger for image generation without resorting to paid services.

The only thing is developing the own AI to get rid of the native restrictions.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-13 07:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Not using it for obscure reasons, just saying.

Its all for the sake of science
By Afania 2024-05-13 08:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

But those damn journalists said if you don't use AI you'll lose your jooooob....;(
By Pantafernando 2024-05-13 09:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Journalist are sure to lose their jobs anyway.

With or without Ai
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-13 09:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I just started my last week at work.

I cant believe next week everything gonna drastically change and i will restart as a new employee in a new company

Im going from senior to junior.

From someone people used to rely on, to a random guy none cares

Well, thats exactly what i want.

When youre young, you want everyone to notice you.

When youre old, you want everyone just forget about you
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-05-13 11:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Good morning you who are a Medusa of Arrapago, a Mamool of Mamool Ja Savageland or a Troll of Halvung.

And also you who are simply a Troll of FFXIAH
this started like an offbrand horoscope magazine article

"find out here! are you a medusa or a guljaja? 10 guys reveal their best beastman(and woman!)

Lady Dhalmels are hawt
my main might have been a tiny redhair model one of those because I felt the same, maybe. They are pretty adorable.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-05-13 12:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-13 12:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lady Dhalmels are hawt
[+]
By Josiahafk 2024-05-13 13:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-13 13:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-13 13:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Can I just take a second to point out how dumb that scene is in the original movie? They have a passcode system in place to identify when a friendly ship has been hijacked, refreshing the code periodically specifically to ensure hijackers couldn't fool the system.

"It's an older code, sir. But it checks out."

Like, why would they even put that in the movie? They could have ignored that altogether and not missed a thing. They're adding to the lore (the Empire is a tightly-run, well-oiled machine, how will our heroes overcome this??) and then immediately defeats itself (guy just ignores his one job, so our heroes automatically succeed). You can definitely tell Jedi is where Lucas started having more control over the writing.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-05-13 13:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I just take a second to point out how dumb that scene is in the original movie? They have a passcode system in place to identify when a friendly ship has been hijacked, refreshing the code periodically specifically to ensure hijackers couldn't fool the system.

Like, why would they even put that in the movie? They could have ignored that altogether and not missed a thing. They're adding to the lore (the Empire is a tightly-run, well-oiled machine, how will our heroes overcome this??) and then immediately defeats itself (guy just ignores his one job, so our heroes automatically succeed). You can definitely tell Jedi is where Lucas started having more control over the writing.
thematically it adds a bit of tension to the scene, "Vader knows and vader can supercede the choice to let us path!" to give more weight to his decision to let them go anyway.

It was probably added later into the script to help tie ***together and make the storyline more coherent honestly after a few drafts.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-13 13:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahafk said: »

Starfucks
By Pantafernando 2024-05-13 14:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

I rewatched this movie very recently, and at that time, this line sounded like: “Vader, someone SUS is trying to enter”

Iirc, everything went very accordingly to Vaders plan so I understand it was all part of the scheme, and that line was less a security breach and more “everything is going according planned”
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-13 14:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Iirc, everything went very accordingly to Vaders plan so I understand it was all part of the scheme, and that line was less a security breach and more “everything is going according planned”
If that's the direction they wanted to take it, they should have had the guy reverse what he said, then had Vader overrule him.
"The code checks out, sir. But, it's expired. We should investigate."
"Let them through."

They could have done something with the acting, like the guy is visibly afraid to question Vader, so he just rolls with it.

Instead, the guy makes the Empire look like a joke. In the back of our mind, the audience wonders how they control anything. From a storytelling perspective, the protagonists succeed not because of them overcoming the odds, but because the antagonists screwed up. We feel cheated out of a good story moment. It's just bad writing.

Pixar's Rule #19: Coincidences to get characters into trouble are great, coincidences to get them out of it are cheating.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-13 14:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Vader was bored and wanted the smoke
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22586 22587 22588 ... 22611 22612 22613