Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 19420 19421 19422 ... 22580 22581 22582

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-05-28 18:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you know?
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-28 18:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-05-28 19:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
I'm one of the only ones who actually fits in at my job and is actually productive to or beyond the set standards, to say that I don't fit in is laughable. There is one new hire, an older lady, who is doing very well and already exceeds all the other employees minus myself and the owner (but that is only because me and the owner are already trained). She has only been working for us for 3 days now and is more capable and doing better than people who have been there for months/years. there is an actual standard that is required to meet productivity requirements so that money can actually be made within the business. That standard is actually pretty low and if one cant reach that low standard then they are a horrible employee with no work ethic at all. It's that simple. It's not a put down. It's a fact.

Anyways, Jetackuu, there is no point in me arguing with you over my being derogatory or not being derogatory, you will perceive me through your own minds filter regardless how what I say. Just think that over a bit.

You're right it doesn't matter what you currently say as you've already said the derogatory things. But as you continue to contradict your own statements this is pointless.
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2016-05-28 19:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's another week down. One more filler episode to go then DB Super will start it's next arc.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-05-28 19:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Today a trainee was asking a question because he didn't understand how something worked.
So I answered his questions by explaining it to him and he snapped at me saying "I WAS TRYING TO ASK HOW THIS ***WORKS!!!1" and I calmly replied: "I just explained how it works to you and you snapped at me and got angry instead of listening" he then threw a tantrum and stormed out of the building in the middle of a very busy time of day. I had assumed he quit, but he comes back like 10 or 15 minutes later from a "smoke break", this wasn't even a scheduled break, him and all the other employees take as many breaks as often as they feel needed, some will even avoid working for stretches of several hours, yet if we don't allow them to do this they quit and we have no one to work. I'm such a terrible slave driver aren't I?
Later on that same day with the same employee he blew up on me again so I asked him this: "how can I speak to you without being abrasive?" he replies with a dopey expression "huh?" so I rephrase "How can I speak to you without irritating you?" and he just starts busting up laughing and looks at me and says "I don't know" and then we both laughed and I told him "I'm seriously trying my hardest here"and he looks at me and says "I'm trying my hardest too".
I know he has and the others have so much unrealized potential but showing them so they can truly see it with their heart is another story all together.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-05-28 19:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu... do I really come off as if I'm persecuting you (or anyone else) or are you messing with me? If you're messing with me it's quite convincing lol
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-05-28 20:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not a 'millennial' problem, it's an *** problem
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-28 22:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Did you know?
So how many men can you fit in Earth, cause I'm betting it's a lot, and then by extension in Uranus.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-28 22:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-28 23:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

feeling bad about sucking in overwatch

time for Happy Souls and Diablo 3
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-28 23:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I am trying to get my PC set up to get ready for mod support on my Xbox one. I am getting errors when trying to launch the CK. I cant seem to find a direct answer to this. Am I going to be forced to buy the game again just to be able to mod? if thats the case I will no longer support Bethesda.

Quote:
I have spent a lot of money on this company let alone this game. Just to be able to get the same benefits as "you" non console players I will be forced to spend even more money. you have your method of playing this game and I have mine. I should not be forced to buy the game again just to get those same benefits. It just a way to pad their wallets even more.

So stop talking down to console players and treating us like second class citizens.

EDIT: I recently purchased Quantum Break, I was provided a xbox copy as well as a PC copy. This IS how it should be. so turning it around doesnt sound silly at all.

Quote:
if Quantum Break can provide 2 copies for the price of one then it shouldn't be a problem for a company as big as Bethesda. It's greed plain and simple.

Quote:
I am a console user and I want to make mods. Just because I think it's pure greed didn't mean I don't want to. If Bethesda wanted to show appreciation for their customers they would include the game on both console and pc. It's not impossible and it's not crazy for me to expect it.

I will not buy another Bethesda game again. You "pc" players can act all high and mighty but if it was the other way around you would be just as mad.
We are being forced to put even more money into this game and is pure BS.

Bringing mods to consoles was the absolute worst thing that Bethesda ever tried to do. I sincerely hope they don't do it again for FO5 and TES6
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-28 23:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you'd figure that the company would have realized it was a bad idea from the start. Can't really see your average console player having the skills required to create a mod, let alone make a good one with the limitations inherent in consoles.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-28 23:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There also exist console peasants demanding that Bethesda give them tools like 3DSMax, Photoshop, Soundforge, etc. as parts of the Creation Kit "because I shouldn't have to buy additional software to make my mods"

Hold on let me go ahead and send out $9500 worth of professional, commercial grade art and rendering equipment for free.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-28 23:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going to pretend that I know the first thing about modding or programming. I know how to boot up a DOS machine and that's about the long and short of it. There's definitely no way in hell I'm modding anything.

Still, if I get to play using some of these mods without having to spend a bunch of money on a computer I'll probably never use beyond gaming (which for me isn't that much anymore), I'm cool with that. I get jealous every time I see you guys posting videos about Skyrim mods and I can't partake.

I know, PC Master blah blah blah, but to hell with your elitism. I just wanna have fun.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-28 23:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That's fine, too bad though that there's droves of console players that don't share that mindset and are driving renowned modders away from their hobby and passion due to constant beratement, hateful comments, and senseless, mindless bile the likes of which hasn't been seen in the modding community as long as I can remember, and I've been modding since Morrowind.

It's the entitled console *** that are ruining it for the rest of you, and by extension the rest of us too.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-29 00:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
There also exist console peasants demanding that Bethesda give them tools like 3DSMax, Photoshop, Soundforge, etc. as parts of the Creation Kit "because I shouldn't have to buy additional software to make my mods"

Hold on let me go ahead and send out $9500 worth of professional, commercial grade art and rendering equipment for free.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-29 00:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They ruin everything.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-29 00:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

And the worst of it is, any of us who take the time to sit and make a mod aren't being paid. It takes hours upon hours upon hours to make the good ones (my girlfriend has been making a dress for the nVidia mod contest, she has been working on it for 1 and a half weeks now and only just finishing up the meshing and rigging, still has to do the texture and weight painting). It's usually thankless work, you get far more people demanding more and "why doesn't it work for me" than you have people saying thanks, or that they enjoy it.

The only thing keeping us in it is the fact that we enjoy doing it, and it's a good way to unleash creativity and hone skills that normally you'd need a big fancy degree to let flourish. Unfortunately, this has all been ruining it for a lot of us. The negative atmosphere is akin to what drives a lot of Youtubers into quitting their passions and whatnot, eventually it becomes so all encompassing that it just doesn't feel like it's worth doing anymore and that time is better spent elsewhere.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-29 00:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

And the worst of it is, any of us who take the time to sit and make a mod aren't being paid. It takes hours upon hours upon hours to make the good ones (my girlfriend has been making a dress for the nVidia mod contest, she has been working on it for 1 and a half weeks now and only just finishing up the meshing and rigging, still has to do the texture and weight painting). It's usually thankless work, you get far more people demanding more and "why doesn't it work for me" than you have people saying thanks, or that they enjoy it.

The only thing keeping us in it is the fact that we enjoy doing it, and it's a good way to unleash creativity and hone skills that normally you'd need a big fancy degree to let flourish. Unfortunately, this has all been ruining it for a lot of us. The negative atmosphere is akin to what drives a lot of Youtubers into quitting their passions and whatnot, eventually it becomes so all encompassing that it just doesn't feel like it's worth doing anymore and that time is better spent elsewhere.
You just accidentally argued about almost every complaint that teachers have about their jobs.

What people like Bethesda should be doing is looking at the mods and using them as impromptu interviews. Imagine the talent they could get from you guys.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-29 00:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Porting a mod over to consoles takes even more work, especially graphically intensive ones. Her dress will need to have a poly count reduction and other optimizations to run properly on a console and conserve as much space as possible since you're only allowed 2GB of mod data. A lot of the times, there are mods that are impossible to port over due to the technical nature of scripts and script libraries that can not be transplanted over on to XBOX or PS4 because they are 3rd party libraries installed separately on PC. Many aspects of the most technically impressive mods are like this and they simply do not function without those libraries. But it's the mod author's fault every time.

If mods are to work on console, Bethesda needs to be far more vocal about the technical limitations of those platforms and make it very clear upfront that an Xbox or PS4 will not be capable of having the same mods as a PC. It should be black and white written right there every time you open the mod interface. Even then people will ignore it and complain about "muh console doesnt have ur mod kys"
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-29 00:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I probably won't ever get into modding. I know a lot of PC enthusiasts have fun with it, but I just can't get into PC gaming. That and to me all these games that come out are spectacular enough as is. I mean, if you can mod and make those glorious mods, more power to you. I don't need them to have my brand of fun, and all these entitled *** who are getting mods on console should be *** grateful for the chance, if it is indeed what they want.

I think there's a disconnect in their brain somewhere. They think they're missing out on some large thing by not having superb mods, because they've been introduced to them now. The mods aren't the game. Enjoy the *** game, you plebeians, lol. If you want an earthshattering graphical enhancement, buy a PC and an incredible graphics card. Put investment into your setup. PC users have to, that ***doesn't just spring out of the aether of the cosmos.

Don't let these *** bring you down Prothe. They don't know what they're on about, and I believe this is a scenario where you can rightfully tell them to *** right off.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-29 00:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm keeping with it for now because I get a sense of satisfaction out of designing a big sexy worldspace, filling it with characters, and making my own impression on the game come to life, making it feel like a shitty little DLC. Even if no one ever sees it other than me it's satisfying to know that I'm the one who made it.

Like a macaroni portrait in kindergarten except arguably less useful
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-05-29 00:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

since you're only allowed 2GB of mod data

Holy ***, I know a few mods that exceed that size easily and they're just textures. Sometimes only for a specific area of the game too.

Let's just forget about complete overhauls and their size.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-29 00:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
since you're only allowed 2GB of mod data

Holy ***, I know a few mods that exceed that size easily and they're just textures. Sometimes only for a specific area of the game too.

Let's just forget about complete overhauls and their size.

thing is that 2GB limit is global. consoles are hard capped at 2GB of mod data period. so if you download a 1.9GB mod, you have 100MB of space left.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-05-29 00:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that is what I mean. You're basically limited to like one or two mods and that is it. If they are of pc quality which is what they seem to want.

At one time I had over 70 mods for Skyrim running. I don't remember how much space that took up, but I'm willing to bet it was at least 5x that limit.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-05-29 00:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Some guy named DubWubWubWub (I forget how many "wub"s) added me on Battlenet. That isn't one of you guys is it?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-29 00:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
Yeah, that is what I mean. You're basically limited to like one or two mods and that is it. If they are of pc quality which is what they seem to want.

At one time I had over 70 mods for Skyrim running. I don't remember how much space that took up, but I'm willing to bet it was at least 5x that limit.

my current mod load for FO4. pretty sure it'd cause an xbox to go into thermal shock

18GB worth of them
First Page 2 3 ... 19420 19421 19422 ... 22580 22581 22582