Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15879 15880 15881 ... 22573 22574 22575
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2014-11-26 21:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-11-26 21:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i clicked on spath's stream, watched an ad, saw spath throw his hands in the air and go like 'yeah!', and then another ad.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-26 21:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Get out of the Excal LS chat Mine :0 You're not welcome, Ultrosian traitor
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-11-26 22:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I AM OMNIPOTENT AND I AM EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-11-26 22:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
i clicked on spath's stream, watched an ad, saw spath throw his hands in the air and go like 'yeah!', and then another ad.
:< Didn't even know that was happening.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-26 23:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I need this bear stuff

[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-26 23:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Josi, what inspires you to post from so many different names so often?
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-11-26 23:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

A large thanks to everyone who visited the stream tonight. I know it wasn't the most exciting at times but it certainly picks me up to do it and to see even a few people enjoy watching it.

Now then, to decide between sleep and console gaming. x.x
By Jetackuu 2014-11-26 23:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I may play some Mario Kart, was playing earlier but my nephew kept whining so I couldn't really enjoy it too much. But to be fair, I don't really enjoy it so much by myself, or even online.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-26 23:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
console gaming

Go explore the world of Thedas and fight darkspawn, dragons, demons, and fellow humans
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-11-27 00:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
console gaming

Go explore the world of Thedas and fight darkspawn, dragons, demons, and fellow humans
Haven't played the other games yet. Putting it off till then. On top of that, don't have the money for a new game right now.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-27 00:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Josi needs laid.

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2014-11-27 00:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Jet, I'm in need of some tech support :(
By Jetackuu 2014-11-27 00:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I slept for like 13+ hours last night, and what'd you do Art?
By Artemicion 2014-11-27 00:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

By Jetackuu 2014-11-27 00:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible you through it for a loop. Really not sure how those things work, as I've never messed with them or researched them but if they're software and physically controlled then the chip to control them may have went into lalaland when it went into fault (assuming that's what the red led was for) now if it's not and the controls are just pots that adjust the speed, well then I'm concerned.

However just dropping the current on one more fan as a load shouldn't have done all of that, unless that sucker is pulling a lot in the first place.

Are they still going full speed?

I mean if your pump is bad, and that's what's drawing the heat from your cpu then if that wouldn't be working I'd say your temps would be much higher, regardless of what the fans are doing.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-27 00:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I never liked the idea of using water in my computer, I know pure water it's not conductive, but still, didn't like the idea.

I honestly am lazy about my computer and use the concept of "leave well enough alone" and don't open it up usually unless something isn't working, so the idea of having to check it often just was a "meh" to my lazyness, my temps aren't too horrible anyway (they could be better, but I don't OC anyway).

Well outside of the motherboard doing it, as I let it manage the clock speed, but I bought a higher end mobo, it's an ASUS something with some fancy chipset heatsinks.
By Artemicion 2014-11-27 01:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, sadly reddit was of little help other than telling me what I already knew (Yeah, the CPU_FAN1 is PWM and controls the fans as needed based on monitored temps, probably shouldn't have messed with anything in retrospect). Good news is though, is that Corsair approved my RMA for it despite it being user error, and even admitting to it to them lol. So I ordered a low profile heatsink which should get here Friday. I was also idiotic in thinking that this top notch water cooler would be infallible and threw away my stock heatsink.

Also I'll call Corsair Friday and see if there's any tech troubleshooting I can go through before mailing it off to them. As you said, temps are perfectly acceptable, granted inconsistent. So what I'm thinking is I threw off whatever it was that keeps the pump and fans operating efficiently based on temps.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2014-11-27 01:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Art, maybe ask Mariane about it (I am not sure if Leo comes on FFXI much but probably does...I know he's still addicted to his mules.) :p

But from my lay-person's take on it, it could be the standard Mariane answer ("Maybe it's the power supply!") :) It could be something as simple as your power supply not being sufficient to support all of the peripheral components, thus causing some to not register on start-up or to flicker out during load.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-27 01:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I was thinking the PSU may not be putting enough juice out for the pump but if that's the case then you should be having other issues as well.

I mean there should be a way to test just the pump, but as never having messed with one, not sure.
By Artemicion 2014-11-27 01:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Art, maybe ask Mariane about it (I am not sure if Leo comes on FFXI much but probably does...I know he's still addicted to his mules.) :p

But from my lay-person's take on it, it could be the standard Mariane answer ("Maybe it's the power supply!") :) It could be something as simple as your power supply not being sufficient to support all of the peripheral components, thus causing some to not register on start-up of to flicker out during load.

That was reddit's first assumption, but bear in mind everything was fully operational for many months before I decided to go full retard and mess with external fan controllers to fans that were attached to the pump while being already maintained by the PWM.

But it's definitely worth testing. Perhaps it's just a crappy SATA power cord, so I'll see if I have a second cable and PSU to fiddle with.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-27 01:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have to see how many pins that thing has, and you may have put it on a bit screwy, if it's got it's own controls then it should just have 5v and ground (assuming it's 5, I really should pay attention more to the standard plugs on a mobo) but as fans are usually 5v or 12v, I'll think 5v for that, just for the sake of it, but it doesn't matter + and ground (well as long as the fan is the same voltages).

But as a pot is a divider and not an amp, you won't be able to put more on there than what you start with, unless the pot has more potential difference from another connector.
 Asura.Lokimaru
Server: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2014-11-27 01:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Water pumps in a closed loop cooler are not meant to be run at variable speeds.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-27 01:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lokimaru said: »

Hi RP and I would think not, but I imagine the fans are, and it's hard to tell what exactly happened without pictures.
By Artemicion 2014-11-27 01:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What I meant is my CPU_FAN1 input is PWM, thus adjusts the RPMs of attached fans accordingly as regulated by my pump. What I'm thinking happened is while fiddling with the fan controllers from the outside, I either inadvertently adjusted voltage or overrode the pump's regulation.

One thing's for sure, everything was peaches and gravy up until I shorted out my entire PC while touching that controller. My heart sank so bad when everything instantly shut off. All from touching a stupid switch -.-
 Asura.Lokimaru
Server: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2014-11-27 01:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Hi RP and I would think not, but I imagine the fans are, and it's hard to tell what exactly happened without pictures.
The thing about splitters is that it doesn't tell the current to only feed more power to one, it will do it to both. Pumps run at a constant speed, while fans can be controlled via voltage.

I think Arte blew out the pump motor changing its speed.

edit: Blew out not actually meaning asploded or anything, just shorted out.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15879 15880 15881 ... 22573 22574 22575