Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » 6hit build, sword strap or pole grip
6hit build, sword strap or pole grip
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-06 23:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fuma + Pole beats Usu feet + Sword as long as you don't need Usu's accuracy. Given pizza, that's nearly everywhere if you have access to the niceties - and I'd assume you do if we're talking about builds involving Usukane Haramaki.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-06 23:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ok thought maybe the case. But yea im pretty sure im right in saying the build posted with wyvern earring dgloves+1 and speed belt isnt wise, from what im told can scrap the earring after gaining 3% haste from waist and belt.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-06 23:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I posted I only owned 2% haste feet im wrong i went 1/1 sarutobi kyahan never used em yet though, sam mnk and nin were 75 already and havent got a sam build yet worth implementing them that im aware of.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-06 23:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect haste build puts you at ~22.5% haste + 45% from Haste, Marches, and Hasso for 67.75% total. 67.75%->70% is an 8.33% increase in damage dealt. There's also Jumps to account for, set against 10% DA and Berserk. Even with Berserk only affecting TP phase, I'm inclined to agree. On the other hand, High Jump will give you about a minute's worth of time to DD freely, but the inability to maintain fulltime Hasso regardless devalues Wyvern Earring. So yes, I'd agree that /WAR is the better DD sub with a decked haste build. If you have a DNC there it's probably not a mob worth using GKT on, so even higher levels of haste (which would favor /DRG) aren't on the table.
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-06 23:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Er.. No. You'll have higher ACC and capped Haste with the build I provided.

Also, you'd have to have Fumas 1% Haste put you at 67% Haste before it beats Sword Strap.

EDIT: Berserk will only add 15% attack to 30% of your damage.
15*.3=4.5% attack boost.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-06 23:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Coulda sworn last time I did that math that I showed Fuma + Pole won even with no outside buffs provided you capped accuracy. Actually, I know I did. There's not a hell of a lot out there you won't cap hitrate on with the kind of builds we're looking at here considering pizza, even among the mobs where you'd actually use GKT. Still, SIS.

EDIT: Okay, now add in DA.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-06 23:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Also sorry slightly lost on why sword strap is getting debated at all then if you say pole grip usu body and 3% haste feet beats sword strap usu body and feet. Basically if u got usu body no point going for the sword strap option if the pole grip 3% haste feet setup is better.

usubody+polegrip+3%hastefeet >> usubody+usufeet+swordstrap >> (my build) usu feet hauby+1 pole grip. Basically when I get usu body the choice isnt to swap to sword strap its to use my sarutobi kyahan polegrip and usu body over hauby+1 right? So ya... where does sword strap come into this? If u got usu body wondering weather to go sword strap and usu feet or polegrip and fumas and 2nd one is better you say why is sword strap getting considered?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-06 23:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Flow chart!

1) Do you have Rajas, Usu body + feet, Brutal Earring, Pole Grip, Sword Strap, and Fuma Sune-ate/equivalent?

yes -> go to 2
no -> this flowchart is not for you!

2) Is your accuracy capped with Fumas?

yes -> use Fumas + Pole
no -> use Usu + Sword

It all hinges on whether or not the 7 accuracy from Usukane Sune-ate is relevant.
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-06 23:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh damn. Haha, my bad.

My point still stands. There's no reason for Fumas or Walahra when you can make up for that haste with Wyvern Earrign along with increasing your fSTR and maintaining a higher base ACC, which allows some more food flexibility.

It's a 19 acc difference, which is a 9.5% hitrate improvement, which may be the difference between Marinara Pizza and Yellow/Red Curry Buns.

For clearance;
Walahra Turban -> Ace's Helm (+7 ACC)
Fuma Sune-Ate -> Usukane Sune-Ate (+7 ACC)
Bushinomimi -> Wyvern Earring (-5 ACC)
/WAR -> /DRG (+10 ACC)
 Caitsith.Alriath
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-04-06 23:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering, but shouldn't it be dusk+1, not fuma?
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-06 23:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhhhh ok 7acc ty for flow chart /blush, I should prolly know all this, kinda thought it may just be that 7acc.
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2010-04-06 23:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait wait wait. Didn't read the whole topic, but

Usu body + pole + 3% feet > Usu body + sword + usu feet?

Provided acc is good?
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-06 23:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're /WAR.

And if by "ACC is good" you mean it's capped.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-07 00:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote borked again =\
Quote:
Oh damn. Haha, my bad.

My point still stands. There's no reason for Fumas or Walahra when you can make up for that haste with Wyvern Earrign along with increasing your fSTR and maintaining a higher base ACC, which allows some more food flexibility.

It's a 19 acc difference, which is a 9.5% hitrate improvement, which may be the difference between Marinara Pizza and Yellow/Red Curry Buns.
Indeed, there's a few more variables than I'm letting on here. The ability to hit ~415 accuracy without food with no sacrifice in haste is no joke; bumping it to 434 more powerful still. Einherjar comes to mind, as 430 accuracy is a pretty good target figure there and Zanshin arguably covers you for a bit around the 440 mark. It also bumps your hitrate still higher on those really high acc NMs where the acc may be in play, so again it comes down to whether you need the acc or not... There's still a place for the Fuma setup, but how frequently you use it depends on how in-depth you're willing to get with your gear setups more than anything else. There will be situations where it's still ideal; it just happens to be in an acc range roughly 20-30 wide and situations where the needed acc varies enough that you're better off using pizza to cover your bases (but don't need a /DRG-based setup).
Caitsith.Alriath said:
Just wondering, but shouldn't it be dusk 1, not fuma?
Hence my use of the word equivalent. 3% Haste was the relevant stat, not the attack.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-04-07 00:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Alriath said:
Just wondering, but shouldn't it be dusk 1, not fuma?

Dusk +1 is of course better than fuma but most people that dont use spellcast wont wanna deal with the movement speed.
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-07 00:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Mwahahahaha!

Alriath is right. though. It SHOULD be Dusk Ledelsens +1 instead of Fuma Sune-Ate.

Damn, got inb4'd too. >: