Sam/Rng Agililty Soft Cap?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Sam/Rng Agililty Soft cap?
Sam/Rng Agililty Soft cap?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-17 16:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.
wiki said:
When active, Weapon Skills will still require at least 100% TP in order to be used, but they will only drain 100% TP instead of all TP,

When active, TP that would normally be gained from striking or being struck by an enemy will be negated
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-17 16:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I think (it's been 7~ish years so <_<; was before they corrected Multihit WS TP Gain) it used to work like that, Meikyo never instantly gave 300% TP during that time, it was a Sekkanoki+1. Was only useful with 200~300% TP. And I think even under the two hour's effect (back then), we actually got TP while melee'ing and even after using a weapon skill.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-17 16:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss that. Drg was very much not lol back then. Though there 2hr was lol.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-02-17 17:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

When looking at parses between Gekko and Penta you also have to remember that it's a 1 hit vs a 5 hit.

Gekko's #'s are going to look better b/c of the overkill factor.

You can do a 1200 Gekko to a mob with 400 hp left and still get credit for 1200 damage.

With Penta however, if it dies in the first 2 hits the final 3 hits are wasted.

When fighting low hp mobs like nyzul where you may be using a WS right after someone else or you sekki'd a back to back Penta, this fact will screw with the parse quite a bit.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-17 17:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is kind of delayed and I didn't even think of it at the time of the original post, but before someone calls me out to correct this, I might as well do it myself.
Siren.Enternius said:
There's absolutely no cap on WS modifiers for any WS ever.

This was a stupid oversight on my part. It should say there's no cap on modifiers for any typical physical WS with no special qualities. Of course, Atonement caps at 750 (Or more depending on what you're hitting) and Spirits Within caps at 45% of your max HP.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-17 17:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically you were still right.

Spirits ws multiplier is hp which there is no cap for.

And atonements ws multiplier is emnity which so far testing shows isn't capped. Dmg is capped after ftp is applied. Though I supposed that sorta means there is a cap to emnity it's just variable with tp. How much that is I think and exactly formulas are still in the works.

And both are increased by cerb type mobs, mobs where you have the circle against on, counterstance, anything that just takes extra dmg or magic dmg, and for atonement ws gorget.

Both are lowered by Rampart. Completely killed by all magic shield effects as well as Hydra type mobs in general I think.