Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » 6hit
6hit
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-02-08 14:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

And you guys for some reason mentioned "he's asking for the BEST build" blah blah blah >.> don't put down my rindomaru idea then. it didn't involve either of those two things. it was inside of the 6-hit and no hachiman+1 or rajas specifications. and then you are free to use other gear in place of the store tp gear you would use.
 Alexander.Jaiydon
Server: Alexander
user: Jaiydon
By Alexander.Jaiydon 2010-02-08 14:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
You can use a variety of items to get there. If you don't have Rajas and don't want to use Hachiman Kote 1, then you could do this.

(Note: All these builds are under the assumption of 5/5 sTP merits

Without Byakko's Haidate or Full Usukane:

TP build:
Brutal Earring 1sTP
Shinimusha Haidate 6sTP
Rose Strap 4sTP

WS build:
Rose Strap 4sTP
Hachiman Sun-ate 5sTP
Brutal Earring 1sTP
Chiv. Chain or Ecphoria Ring 1sTP

This build would allow you to make a True 6Hit without sacrificing too many slots. For TP build, being that Byakko's isn't an option in this build, Shinimusha isn't a bad leg piece for the sTP. It will allow you to put Haste in EVERY other position that you can do so with (like Dusk Hands, Fuma Sun-ate, Wally Turban, Swift Belt, etc.) And in the WS build, if you use Chiv. Chain fulltime, then it doesn't take up a Ring slot... if you don't then, you would either have to go with Chiv.Chain over a Sea Gorget/Justice Torque/PCC, or Lose a Ring Slot for Ecphoria Ring. Now, I personally would preferring the Chiv.Chain over losing that Ring Slot, but thats because I dont have any of the other three necks right now. Also, this WS build allows you to macro in stuff like Alky Bracelets, Shura Kabuto or AMK head, etc. with a MINIMAL loss of STR gear.

Now With Byakko's Haidate:

TP build:
Hachiman Kote (NQ) 8sTP
Rose Strap 4sTP

WS build:
Same as without Byakko's Haidate

Unfortunately, with Byakko's Haidate on, you don't have a Ton of options for sTP unless you wanna do something like Askar Body or Hachiman pieces. In the TP build above, you sacrifice the least number of slots you need to for sTP. Also, it gives a slightly above the minimum sTP needed for the 6hit. These aren't too hard to obtain either, except for maybe the Rose Strap.

Edit: Because he is missing Brutal, I'm gonna add one more thing with no explaination.

TP:

Without Byakko's Haidate:
TP build:
Chiv. Chain 1sTP
Shinimusha Haidate 6sTP
Rose Strap 4sTP

WS build:
Rose Strap 4sTP
Hachiman Sun-ate 5sTP
Chiv. Chain 1sTP
Ecphoria Ring 1sTP

i was under the impression to get brutal earring u had to sea is this correct?
 Phoenix.Haltro
Server: Phoenix
user: Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 14:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Wardens said:
And you guys for some reason mentioned "he's asking for the BEST build" blah blah blah >.> don't put down my rindomaru idea then. it didn't involve either of those two things. it was inside of the 6-hit and no hachiman 1 or rajas specifications. and then you are free to use other gear in place of the store tp gear you would use.

We were basically just dogging the idea of using a Rindomaru over a Hagun. You dont have to sacrifice much at all in your other gear to use a Hagun over a Rindo, and the TP bonus is second to none, effects wise.
Not knocking your personal opinion if you prefer Rindomaru.
 Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 14:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Jaiydon said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
You can use a variety of items to get there. If you don't have Rajas and don't want to use Hachiman Kote 1, then you could do this.

(Note: All these builds are under the assumption of 5/5 sTP merits

Without Byakko's Haidate or Full Usukane:

TP build:
Brutal Earring 1sTP
Shinimusha Haidate 6sTP
Rose Strap 4sTP

WS build:
Rose Strap 4sTP
Hachiman Sun-ate 5sTP
Brutal Earring 1sTP
Chiv. Chain or Ecphoria Ring 1sTP

This build would allow you to make a True 6Hit without sacrificing too many slots. For TP build, being that Byakko's isn't an option in this build, Shinimusha isn't a bad leg piece for the sTP. It will allow you to put Haste in EVERY other position that you can do so with (like Dusk Hands, Fuma Sun-ate, Wally Turban, Swift Belt, etc.) And in the WS build, if you use Chiv. Chain fulltime, then it doesn't take up a Ring slot... if you don't then, you would either have to go with Chiv.Chain over a Sea Gorget/Justice Torque/PCC, or Lose a Ring Slot for Ecphoria Ring. Now, I personally would preferring the Chiv.Chain over losing that Ring Slot, but thats because I dont have any of the other three necks right now. Also, this WS build allows you to macro in stuff like Alky Bracelets, Shura Kabuto or AMK head, etc. with a MINIMAL loss of STR gear.

Now With Byakko's Haidate:

TP build:
Hachiman Kote (NQ) 8sTP
Rose Strap 4sTP

WS build:
Same as without Byakko's Haidate

Unfortunately, with Byakko's Haidate on, you don't have a Ton of options for sTP unless you wanna do something like Askar Body or Hachiman pieces. In the TP build above, you sacrifice the least number of slots you need to for sTP. Also, it gives a slightly above the minimum sTP needed for the 6hit. These aren't too hard to obtain either, except for maybe the Rose Strap.

Edit: Because he is missing Brutal, I'm gonna add one more thing with no explaination.

TP:

Without Byakko's Haidate:
TP build:
Chiv. Chain 1sTP
Shinimusha Haidate 6sTP
Rose Strap 4sTP

WS build:
Rose Strap 4sTP
Hachiman Sun-ate 5sTP
Chiv. Chain 1sTP
Ecphoria Ring 1sTP

You do, Rajas is well after you get sea access.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Server: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-02-08 14:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Haltro said:
Diabolos.Ghlin said:
this is kinda a funny build but the only thing not from the AH is Walmart turban, but c'mon it's basically from the AH if you buy the coins. Invalid Item Set assumes full store TP merits. has just enough for a 6-hit hagun. attila's earrings and bushido cape are scoffed at usually, but they let him use all haste gear. otherwise you'd use fowling/minuet and then use hachi hands and amemet mantle 1. zanshin & haste 3 attack 5 > acc 6 dex 1 str 7 attack 25? i don't know. (kote 1 aren't included because of rarity.) i proposed this build to a sam in my ls who isn't done w/ COP yet. he has haub 1 and hagun. rose strap could replace pole grip to do away w/ the atillas and bushido cape as well, but i wanted to make the build pure AH (bar walmart turban). what do you think?
I know it's everyones instant reaction to hate Atilla's Earrings and Bushido cape, including me. (Using your entire back slot for a single STP is just silly) But honestly it wouldn't be... terrible, just could be better.
But here is the thing... Rose Strap replaces ALL 3 pieces you just mentioned and allows for the better equipment. Basically back to the additional set I editted into my first post...
 Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 14:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Phoenix.Haltro said:
Diabolos.Ghlin said:
this is kinda a funny build but the only thing not from the AH is Walmart turban, but c'mon it's basically from the AH if you buy the coins. Invalid Item Set assumes full store TP merits. has just enough for a 6-hit hagun. attila's earrings and bushido cape are scoffed at usually, but they let him use all haste gear. otherwise you'd use fowling/minuet and then use hachi hands and amemet mantle 1. zanshin & haste 3 attack 5 > acc 6 dex 1 str 7 attack 25? i don't know. (kote 1 aren't included because of rarity.) i proposed this build to a sam in my ls who isn't done w/ COP yet. he has haub 1 and hagun. rose strap could replace pole grip to do away w/ the atillas and bushido cape as well, but i wanted to make the build pure AH (bar walmart turban). what do you think?
I know it's everyones instant reaction to hate Atilla's Earrings and Bushido cape, including me. (Using your entire back slot for a single STP is just silly) But honestly it wouldn't be... terrible, just could be better.
But here is the thing... Rose Strap replaces ALL 3 pieces you just mentioned and allows for the better equipment. Basically back to the additional set I editted into my first post...

Yeah, exactly why I said it could be better xD Once again back to the sets I showed him. I would never recommend Atillas or Bushido cape... ever.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-02-08 14:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Jaiydon said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
You can use a variety of items to get there. If you don't have Rajas and don't want to use Hachiman Kote 1, then you could do this. (Note: All these builds are under the assumption of 5/5 sTP merits Without Byakko's Haidate or Full Usukane: TP build: Brutal Earring 1sTP Shinimusha Haidate 6sTP Rose Strap 4sTP WS build: Rose Strap 4sTP Hachiman Sun-ate 5sTP Brutal Earring 1sTP Chiv. Chain or Ecphoria Ring 1sTP This build would allow you to make a True 6Hit without sacrificing too many slots. For TP build, being that Byakko's isn't an option in this build, Shinimusha isn't a bad leg piece for the sTP. It will allow you to put Haste in EVERY other position that you can do so with (like Dusk Hands, Fuma Sun-ate, Wally Turban, Swift Belt, etc.) And in the WS build, if you use Chiv. Chain fulltime, then it doesn't take up a Ring slot... if you don't then, you would either have to go with Chiv.Chain over a Sea Gorget/Justice Torque/PCC, or Lose a Ring Slot for Ecphoria Ring. Now, I personally would preferring the Chiv.Chain over losing that Ring Slot, but thats because I dont have any of the other three necks right now. Also, this WS build allows you to macro in stuff like Alky Bracelets, Shura Kabuto or AMK head, etc. with a MINIMAL loss of STR gear. Now With Byakko's Haidate: TP build: Hachiman Kote (NQ) 8sTP Rose Strap 4sTP WS build: Same as without Byakko's Haidate Unfortunately, with Byakko's Haidate on, you don't have a Ton of options for sTP unless you wanna do something like Askar Body or Hachiman pieces. In the TP build above, you sacrifice the least number of slots you need to for sTP. Also, it gives a slightly above the minimum sTP needed for the 6hit. These aren't too hard to obtain either, except for maybe the Rose Strap. Edit: Because he is missing Brutal, I'm gonna add one more thing with no explaination. TP: Without Byakko's Haidate: TP build: Chiv. Chain 1sTP Shinimusha Haidate 6sTP Rose Strap 4sTP WS build: Rose Strap 4sTP Hachiman Sun-ate 5sTP Chiv. Chain 1sTP Ecphoria Ring 1sTP
Yes, you do need sea for brutal earring, but you get sea immediately after the tenzen fight. You have 4 more missions (about 6-8hrs worth the missions and running around in Sea) AND waiting until JP midnight after finishing last fight to do about an hr or 2 of CSs before you get Rajas. Brutal you just need Sea. You can buy the Ancient Beastcoins to trade to the NPC for Brutal as soon as you get Sea.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-02-08 14:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Haltro said:
Lakshmi.Wardens said:
And you guys for some reason mentioned "he's asking for the BEST build" blah blah blah >.> don't put down my rindomaru idea then. it didn't involve either of those two things. it was inside of the 6-hit and no hachiman 1 or rajas specifications. and then you are free to use other gear in place of the store tp gear you would use.
We were basically just dogging the idea of using a Rindomaru over a Hagun. You dont have to sacrifice much at all in your other gear to use a Hagun over a Rindo, and the TP bonus is second to none, effects wise. Not knocking your personal opinion if you prefer Rindomaru.
QFT
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-02-08 14:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

"But here is the thing... Rose Strap replaces ALL 3 pieces you just mentioned and allows for the better equipment. Basically back to the additional set I editted into my first post..."

yeah i said that in the final lines of my post. saying that rose strap isn't from the AH and I was trying to make a pure AH 6-hit (bar walmart turban).

edit: so conensus is 'no sea' (ie no rajas no brutal) rose strap is ideal.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-02-08 14:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I'm gonna ask this because I can...

Where is Vegetto? He could make a /endthread if he posted XD
 Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 14:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

99% sure he would say the same things we already did.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-02-08 14:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats why I said he would probably say /endthread.

Thats why I want the validation XD
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-02-08 14:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

with all due respect, it's not rocket surgery, dude.

for a tp build on sam you need the following:

capped/near capped hit rate
stp+11 (+21 total including 5/5 stp merits)
next you want to get some haste

honestly the better attack against my build would be carbonara (STP+6), and remove chiv chain, ecphoria, atillax2, and bushido cape. we're still purely from the AH.

The reason i answered w/ my pure AH build, is because no Sea means he probably isn't in a better LS. Most EGLS would call a sam a scrub w/o Rajas (and Brutal). (and it wouldn't be entirely false). if he *is* in a more prolific LS (maybe through a friend), he probably wouldn't need to ask this message board. his LS would be able to easily answer his question. as such, i think it's safe to assume that this guy is going to be operating mostly from the AH.

but if we go ahead and answer the OP in the purest fashion. that is, no Sea, we're going to look at salvage gear.

here's my proposed 'best sam w/o sea' build

doesn't look like a scrub at all to me. ***, the guy might like fowling>brutal just for bird killer. and heck he might have chose sattva/tamas for another job. i highly doubt OP has access to much of this gear in spite of the fact that this is pretty damn close to a 'best' build w/o rajas/hachi hands+1.

thank you

Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 14:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
with all due respect, it's not rocket surgery, dude.

for a tp build on sam you need the following:

capped/near capped hit rate
stp 11 ( 21 total including 5/5 stp merits)
next you want to get some haste

honestly the better attack against my build would be carbonara (STP 6), and remove chiv chain, ecphoria, atillax2, and bushido cape. we're still purely from the AH.

The reason i answered w/ my pure AH build, is because no Sea means he probably isn't in a better LS. Most EGLS would call a sam a scrub w/o Rajas (and Brutal). (and it wouldn't be entirely false). if he *is* in a more prolific LS (maybe through a friend), he probably wouldn't need to ask this message board. his LS would be able to easily answer his question. as such, i think it's safe to assume that this guy is going to be operating mostly from the AH.

but if we go ahead and answer the OP in the purest fashion. that is, no Sea, we're going to look at salvage gear.

here's my proposed 'best sam w/o sea' build

Invalid Item Set

doesn't look like a scrub at all to me. ***, the guy might like fowling>brutal just for bird killer. and heck he might have chose sattva/tamas for another job. i highly doubt OP has access to much of this gear in spite of the fact that this is pretty damn close to a 'best' build w/o rajas/hachi hands 1.

thank you

If you want to be technical instead of like... realistic, yes, that would be the best possible build for a SAM without sea. If he's against buying Hachi Hands +1, my guess is he's not rocking a salvage body, double Toreador's, and an Ancient Torque. But like I said, you technically answered exactly what he asked.

Edit: This is what I proposed, much more realisitc. (The sets I used.)

(TP)
(WS)
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-02-08 14:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

for the record man, i don't disagree w/ your builds at all. i just threw my pure AH one up there for shits and gigs. just saying that (and while i respect vegetto greatly) vegetto doesn't need to post in this thread to /end it. i'm not sure what type of /endthread ukiyasan is looking for tbh.

Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-08 14:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I said that exact thing, haha. I responded about the AH one too... and in a nice way. =)
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-02-08 14:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, for sure.

i definitely think that rose strap fixes the 'need' for rajas on sam. da+2 isn't a huge loss.
 Alexander.Helder
Server: Alexander
user: helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-02-24 12:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Alexander.Jaiydon said:
im pretty sure theres no chiv chain 1 and if i had brutal earring im pretty sure id have raja's lol

I mean there is 1 store tp on chiv chain.

And brutal is way easier to get than rajas tbh but if you dont have one that does change things.

how is brutal way easier to get? There's 4 more laughable missions after you get sea. If the guy gets sea he's probably with a static that on thier next run day will sweep 8-1 to 8-4.

8-1 is a joke
8-2 requires 1 person that knows what he's going
8-3 requires half decent dd and sleep
8-4 requires you to dot the thing and run around if you want...

After getting sea most people are so pumped up they just wanna finish the god damn thing, which they do in a few more hours. I mean for gods sake it's worth beating 8-2 for the ability to start 8-3 and do sky warp.

If your factoring in brutal you might as well assume any Sam is gonna try to get rajas asap.
 Fairy.Vincentius
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-02-24 12:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best 6-hit build without a Rajas?

Whatever gear the Samurai is wearing to get a 6-hit while doing *** CoP missions to get their lazy *** a Rajas.