Acc cap on SAM
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2010-02-02 15:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got Ace's helm and I am sure I already read this in some other forum but can't find it so, I'll just ask:

What's the +acc you will need in gear to get to cap (95%) with GKT, assuming full GKT merits?

And now that I think about it, what's the +acc I will gain (or lose) when I get Justice Torque and stop using pcc charm?

I am very interested in knowing when I will be able to move from pizza +1 to some kind of meat.

Thanks in advance for the help!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-02 15:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What's the +acc you will need in gear to get to cap (95%) with GKT, assuming full GKT merits?
Depends on what you're fighting.
Quote:
And now that I think about it, what's the +acc I will gain (or lose) when I get Justice Torque and stop using pcc charm?
Loss of 4 accuracy. Keep the PCC around in case you need said accuracy.
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-02-02 15:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just ask Vegetto, I'm sure he's somewhere around here.

<_< >_> <_< >_>

he'll probably be the first to reply anyway :P
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-02 15:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically its a lose of 3 or 4 acc, usually 4.

Do you have a Bushinomimi if so going from PCC to JT is a 4 acc loss with GTK full merits.

IF you dont have a Bushinomimi you only lose 3 acc going from PPC to JT with full GTK merits.
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-02 15:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto, we need you. Hear our summon, come to our aid. Your mighty knowledge and powers are necessary to solve this crisis. Vegetto, we beg you, APPEAR!
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-02 15:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what you're fighting, each mob has diff eva, but pizza is generally best anyways and gearing max haste (like turban). Ace's has pretty situational use in '09/2010
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-02 15:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

...It actually worked...
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-02 15:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Dameshi said:
...It actually worked...
Shoulda summoned Raen, he's better at this stuff than I am, lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-02 16:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Technically its a lose of 3 or 4 acc, usually 4.

Do you have a Bushinomimi if so going from PCC to JT is a 4 acc loss with GTK full merits.

IF you dont have a Bushinomimi you only lose 3 acc going from PPC to JT with full GTK merits.
He's got Bushi, I checked before posting.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-02 16:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Technically its a lose of 3 or 4 acc, usually 4. Do you have a Bushinomimi if so going from PCC to JT is a 4 acc loss with GTK full merits. IF you dont have a Bushinomimi you only lose 3 acc going from PPC to JT with full GTK merits.
He's got Bushi, I checked before posting.

Well arent you high speed
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2010-02-02 17:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I had to go away for few hours after posting. Thanks for all the replies!

So far, what I have got is "depends on what you are fighting" and of course it is the right answer and very understandable, but I was looking forward more to a "general situation" acc. I have parsed myself and with the gear I currently use and pizza +1, my acc is often 95%, that's why I was wondering if I should eat meat instead of pizza, but Vegetto already said pizza is generally better, so, hmm... I wonder if no meat would be better then if I got so many acc now? (I hope to get Usu feet soon! at least in a couple of months or so).

And lastly, about Walmart Turban... I know, on a previous topic you guys already showed how much 1% haste did after certain point, but, but... it is SO FUGLY! :D

*Ninja edit*: Oh! and I forgot about the pcc vs. the torque... even if you lose 4 acc, Torque is generally better because the extra att and STR, right? (just not for WS! I got sea gorget for that).

*Ninja edit 2*: Bleh, I was going to talk about the "general events" I do as SAM to have a better idea. Atm I only use SAM for: Limbus (now and then), Dynamis (just very few, I am always on PLD at Dynamis), sea farming, Nyzul and the occasional assault. Merits too, but in that I use polearm so, it's a very different situation. That's it, I think, no HNM fight involved :(.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-02 18:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Shoulda summoned Raen, he's better at this stuff than I am, lol.

Only cause I play fakecat and cat >

When you're thinking about Samurai (GKT), especially with respect to meat vs pizza, consider the following:

1. Do you do more melee damage or weaponskill damage?
2. Does Attack affect Tachi: Gekko on most mobs?
3. Therefore, to which portion of my damage is that Attack helping and is this the larger or the smaller portion?
4. Which portions of my damage do Accuracy and Haste help?

This is the thought process you want to go through (and can be applied across to other jobs where this debate comes up). The answers you will hopefully get are

1. WS (~65%/35% or so)
2. No
3. Melee damage only, smaller portion
4. Melee damage and WS damage (through frequency (greater TP gain = more WSs))

Basically, on Samurai you will only find meat besting Pizza if you don't sacrifice even a very small amount of accuracy/haste since the meat is only going to enhance your melee damage output which I'm sure any SAM will agree is a rather inconsequential segment of your damage.

If we're talking Polearm, think of it like any other job: Attack is also helping your weaponskill damage, so the meat is affecting both portions of your damage. Accuracy adds weaponskill consistency (and potentially damage relatively speaking if you have to swap offensive gear off to make it viable for a meat build) but Haste adds nothing, so in some cases on other jobs you will have meat builds (even Coeurl Subs) beating Pizza, though this is generally not the case and you certainly wouldn't want to give up too much for it).

Red Curry is the only food which can compete with Pizza given a loss of accuracy/haste which isn't incredibly minor on the Red Curry's side, and even then it's down to many variables.

Tl;dr: Unless you know the situation and your equipment etc perfectly and can anticipate them (finding meat to be superior per the criteria above), use Pizza.

EDIT: Oh, and to answer your questions directly:

1. Due to the aforementioned point about melee/WS damage splits, PCC will actually outdamage Justice Torque if all accuracy can be used (unlike the food example, you -can- swap gear for melee and WS, so you only consider the STR/Atk difference from JTorque to be adding melee damage, whereas the accuracy from PCC is giving you extra TP AND adding damage if you see what I mean).

However, since you will be using Pizza a lot, JT is a good piece.

2. Ace's Helm has the odd perfect use on DRK (Red Curry build, Apocalypse aftermath etc), Polearm SAM sometimes and that's about it (unless your GKT SAM isn't capped acc at birdies but close enough that sushi is a waste - again, situational).
 Gilgamesh.Genzaik
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Genzaik
By Gilgamesh.Genzaik 2010-02-02 18:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

With around 420 acc, you should be ok for most of the little mobs (merit, dynamis, assault, einherjar, etc.)
And even with ~420 acc, some bigger mobs evasion are still a joke (einherjar boss)

Raenryong > thanks :o *blush*
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-02 18:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG CAT! Your DA Hospital pic is good but scary :(
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2010-02-03 00:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong really teached a class on which I payed attention very, very closely.

Really, thanks A LOT for the input, I have learned a lot today from you guys.