TP question
First Page 2 3 4
 Bismarck.Dalimar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: bond00745
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-01-29 02:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Dusk gloves vs hachiman kote for tp build? check my gear on profile, missing slots are rose strap and headlong belt. i got 3 merits in store TP, and no rajas sadly.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2010-01-29 02:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Buy a hauby.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dalimar
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-01-29 02:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

hauby sucks, no tank ive found can keep hate enough to keep me from dying because of haubys sh*&^ty def and evasion.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2010-01-29 02:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quit samurai.
[+]
 Bismarck.Neinougen
user: Neinougen
By Bismarck.Neinougen 2010-01-29 02:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dracondria said:
Quit samurai.
^
[+]
 Bismarck.Dalimar
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-01-29 02:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

lol ok, next please, and stick too the subject
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-29 02:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres this crazy thing you can do when you get hate. You can swap to a more defense set. A pld in def/evasion/pdt set should be able to tank any xp mob till it dies easy.

That's like telling blms to nuke in full pdt all the time cause they might draw hate if they actually nuke hard.

On a related note you need to do the math on your weapon and your store tp to see how much you need to get X hit build to well build around.

Then haste and acc etc
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-29 02:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Work on getting Raja's and Byakko, Walmart Turban, Hauby, forager, Rose Strap (if you want 6 hit and maintain 20% haste), Brutal and maybe Bushi.

meh, this is my TP set on SAM, by all means not the best, but its ok. I still need to make a few upgrades myself really.

Edit: And go merit your STP too, and 8/8 GKT
[+]
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2010-01-29 02:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Neinougen said:
Bahamut.Dracondria said:
Quit samurai.
^
^^^^^^

Haubergeon is your best friend. (Unless you have Usukane)
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-29 03:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
lol ok, next please, and stick too the subject

If you are going to ask for advice then don't get offended when some one give you some.

Domaru is a horrible TP piece in every aspect and no SAM who cares about his job should wear one (during TP). Hauby is cheaper (on my server) and better.

The reason people brought up the body piece is because a SAMs TP build isn't like other jobs. What you wear in the hand slot depends on what you have in your; Body, legs, rings, feet and earrings.

The aim is to reach enough sTP to reach a 6hit build while sacrificing the least haste/accuracy/attack. Assuming you have 0 sTP merits (based on your profile) you need 21 sTP from gear to make a 6hit...

That's incredibly hard with the gear you have available to you (no rajas, brutal, Usukane), so I would strongly suggest you get capped sTP merits before anything else.

As a 6hit is (currently) out of reach I would suggest you ignore sTP gear and accept a 7hit build, which you get from the traits alone.

You need to learn a lot about this game.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-01-29 03:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
Dusk gloves vs hachiman kote for tp build? check my gear on profile, missing slots are rose strap and headlong belt. i got 3 merits in store TP, and no rajas sadly.

Are you asking if a 6 hit with your gear is worth it? It would be a lot easier for you to finish the merits before trying it, but you need +17 STP to get 6hit with a Hagun, you'd only need +13 if you finish merits.

Hachiman hands 8, Hachi feet 5, Rose strap 3, Chivalrous chain 1, and get a haub. Though to be honest you'd end up dropping a ton of haste slots for STP which I dont think is worth it.

Just lose the Domaru at any rate.

Edit: And yes, if you aren't trying for a 6Hit build (which is difficult with what you have) then use Dusk over Hachi.

Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-29 03:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Bismarck.Dalimar said:

Are you asking if a 6 hit with your gear is worth it? It would be a lot easier for you to finish the merits before trying it, but you need 17 STP to get 6hit with a Hagun, you'd only need 13 if you finish merits.

Hachiman hands 8, Hachi feet 5, Rose strap 3, Chivalrous chain 1, and get a haub. Though to be honest you'd end up dropping a ton of haste slots for STP which I dont think is worth it.

Edit: And yes, if you aren't trying for a 6Hit build (which is difficult with what you have) then use Dusk over Hachi.

I'm pretty sure you need 11 STP with full STP merits.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-29 03:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Bismarck.Dalimar said:

Are you asking if a 6 hit with your gear is worth it? It would be a lot easier for you to finish the merits before trying it, but you need 17 STP to get 6hit with a Hagun, you'd only need 13 if you finish merits.

It's 11 if you full time.

But often people TP in 11+ to allow them to drop some sTP on WS (allowing 'better' ws gear). 13 is a common number (due to the gear commonly available)
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-29 04:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Bismarck.Dalimar said:

It's 11 if you full time.

But often people TP in 11 to allow them to drop some sTP on WS (allowing 'better' ws gear). 13 is a common number (due to the gear commonly available)

while that is true, in order to get 13 stp while TP'ing you have to sacrifice 1 haste slot. But I guess thats each to his own. I keep all my STP gear on for ws and TP in 20% haste.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-29 04:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It all comes down to the gear you have.

If you don't have rajas or rose or usukane then you are going to have to lose a haste slot any way.

You have the 'right' non-Usukane 6 hit (although personally I would use foragers over NQ cerb) so you don't need to worry about losing haste.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-29 04:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, Im using cerb mantle because im cheap and its part of my enmity gear for nin and pld :D
 Midgardsormr.Kireime
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Kireina
By Midgardsormr.Kireime 2010-01-29 04:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
hauby sucks, no tank ive found can keep hate enough to keep me from dying because of haubys sh*&^ty def and evasion.
First of all, on stuff that matters, def means pratically nothing, and equally so for evasion (except for nins and thfs I guess).

Secondly, I'm sorry, but based on your gear I find this hard, if not impossible, to believe. I realize you're relatively new to the game, but let's be honest: compared to almost all the other sams out there, your gear isn't that great; you're what most people would call an "AH Sam". Your tanks must be below lvl 75 and have zero support to not hold hate against you. So listen to everyone's advice and get a Huaby.

Now for useful help:
*You can do Tier 1 Chigre ZNM for a free +5acc ring.
*Sell that Tiphia Sting and use the gil to buy Spectacles&Lightning Bow(+1) for a net gain of 6-7acc.
*If you own A Shantotto Ascension, get the 3%haste 7acc legs until you can get some Byakko pants.
*Walahra Turban and dusk gloves
*If you max STP merits, you can use Shinimusha Haidate+Rose Strap+Echporia ring for a 6hit
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-29 05:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Kireime said:
Now for useful help:
*You can do Tier 1 Chigre ZNM for a free +5acc ring.
*Sell that Tiphia Sting and use the gil to buy Spectacles&Lightning Bow(+1) for a net gain of 6-7acc.
*If you own A Shantotto Ascension, get the 3%haste 7acc legs until you can get some Byakko pants.
*Walahra Turban and dusk gloves
*If you max STP merits, you can use Shinimusha Haidate+Rose Strap+Echporia ring for a 6hit

The problem there is that to use your recommended 6-hit, he would lose Shantotto pants (3% Haste, 7Acc) and Byakko's Haidate when he has them.

You would be able to get a Nuevo and make it a less than stellar Hauby though. Acc+10 STP+4 would help bridge the gap, and you could always toss it and redo when you found you didn't need it anymore. (It wouldn't be the best use for the body, but it would definitely help towards a viable 6-hit build)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-29 05:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Using this gearset for TP, you would get +22 STP. Most of that you can safely swap out for WS Gear aswell. The only "major" difference is the att+10 from Hauby, which isn't a "make or break" bit, but nice to have.

This gearset for WS would also net about +22 STP. Meaning you could swap between the pair and keep a 6-hit build.

Just another couple of ideas for you.

EDIT: I assumed that the augments of choice would be Accuracy+10, Store TP+4 on the Nuevo Coselete. If I assumed wrong, I would recommend those 2 Augments >.>
 Midgardsormr.Kireime
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Kireina
By Midgardsormr.Kireime 2010-01-29 05:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
The problem there is that to use your recommended 6-hit, he would lose Shantotto pants (3% Haste, 7Acc) and Byakko's Haidate when he has them.

Yes, I realize that. It was just one alternative gear set he could use right now, before he obtains ASA legs/Byakko pants/Rajas.

And I did forget about the Nuevo Coselete. He could, again with max stp merits, use the +10acc&+4stp body, rose strap, atilla's earring, ecphoria ring, and chiv chain to get 6hit, which frees up the pants slot for ASA legs/byakko's.

And I can't emphazise enough about maxing those STP merits. They'll allow you to use much better gear than what you'd otherwise have to wear for stp.
[+]
By Rangappa 2010-01-29 06:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dalimar said:

You sir, fail.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-29 06:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I was re-reading the OP in this thread and I noticed 3 STP merits (which I somehow missed earlier O_o)

You can take off 6STP from the gearsets I showed then and still have a 6-hit build. (First thing that comes to mind is Shinimusha Haidate)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-29 06:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dalimar said:

since it seems that OP dont want any other advice except for the question he asked. Pointless to give advice to someone who dont wanna listen anyway.

I'd say go with Dusk Gloves.

/endthread
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-01-29 07:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
while that is true, in order to get 13 stp while TP'ing you have to sacrifice 1 haste slot. But I guess thats each to his own. I keep all my STP gear on for ws and TP in 20% haste.

Not true, Usu feet, rajas, brutal = 13. 11 works if you're counting TP return I think

[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-29 07:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

well, unless you have V-belt or dusk gloves +1 usu feet puts you @ 19% haste. I was talking about having 20% haste and 6-hit build

Edit: and even if you do have dusk +1 and/or v-belt, you would still sacrifice 1% haste on feet slot =P
[+]
 Bismarck.Dalimar
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-01-29 09:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i didnt realized i was going to be attacked, or even have people assume i am new to the game, just tryin to find the best gear with what i have. I have a life outside ff11, and i have been playing for 4 years, albeit to a very limited degree.. and to the tank thing, dont blame the messanger, maybe ive just had the misfortune of having some crappy tanks. but whatever. i was simply asking if dusk would be better, since the 6 and 5 hit are out of the question atm, i was hoping to increase my overall damage over time during any given fight. If you need to hate on someone to make yourself feel better go ahead, make me a target i dont give a F%@k, but if someone asks a question in an attempt to improve maybe try and use some tact and actually answer the question without ridicule. SOund good? Thanks O.~
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-01-29 09:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
but if someone asks a question in an attempt to improve maybe try and use some tact and actually answer the question without ridicule.

They are trying to help you improve by giving you advice on your gear over all.

Quote:
Dusk gloves vs hachiman kote for tp build? check my gear on profile,

^
This right here: you have invited people into your house to see what is on display.

You simply cannot say "hey come inside and check out my New TV!" when you are living in squalor with cardboard furniture and the clapper to turns your lights on and off... and NOT expect people to give you tips on home-improvement.

[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-29 09:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
If you need to hate on someone to make yourself feel better go ahead, make me a target i dont give a F%@k, but if someone asks a question in an attempt to improve maybe try and use some tact and actually answer the question without ridicule.

Show me where anyone was "hating on you".
Show me where people offered nothing and simply mocked and ridiculed you.

With the exception of 1 post (comprising of 3 words at that), each of the replies has in fact been trying to give you advice on the potential ways you can increase your SAM's overall DOT and it's WS efficiency.

But yeah, we suck.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-29 09:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You want to improve your sam? And yet you say "hauby is crap" when everyone tells you thats the easiest way for you to improve your DoT anyway. ppl even gave you lists of reasonable equip to reach the 6-hit build with gear that you either have or can get fairly easy.

So you ask for advice how to improve, when you get advices you call us haters?

And what is this talk about tank anyway? @75 merit pt's you dont have a tank, and any hate you could possible take from any real DD's (like sam's NOT TP'ing in domaru) shouldnt be an issue, because seigan + third eye should keep you alive the 20-30 sec it will take to finish the mob off anyway.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4