Samurai budget armor
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Dalimar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: bond00745
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-01-08 18:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else use any of the WoTG Fourth set for SAM TP gear? I use misc peices in my TP gear set and it seems ok, i need to finish my Store TP merit, but it my build gets me to a 5 hit WS (adding the TP from the ws). Just thought this would be a good topic, and any other budget suggestions would be great.
 Alexander.Helder
Server: Alexander
user: helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-08 18:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

samurai AH gear is already budget...I mean how can you compain when hauby is 100k...

samurai is mega cheap to gear decently...hell even onimaru is a great option pre-hagun and its dirt cheap.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-08 18:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well how low is your budget? There is very cheap gear that isn't top notch, but can still outclass that set.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-01-08 18:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Get rose strap instead, bra.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-08 18:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:

pole grip is like 4K lmao
 Seraph.Jacon
Server: Seraph
user: lvicious
By Seraph.Jacon 2010-01-08 19:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

BUDGET GEAR!

this is much better:

Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-08 19:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacon said:
BUDGET GEAR!

this is much better:

that looks like SAM AF actually lol
 Bismarck.Dalimar
Server: Bismarck
user: bond00745
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-01-08 19:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If i where to set a budget, it would be 800k, i already have my Meditate set and ws set, just kinda liked the subtle blow for shedding hate, and the str and att is nice for any sam, i only use head, body hands and legs in my tp set, i use af boots, bull neck always str rings merman earing and minuet ear plus tiphia sting, hagun and the crit strap whatever that ones called.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-08 19:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
If i where to set a budget, it would be 800k, i already have my Meditate set and ws set, just kinda liked the subtle blow for shedding hate, and the str and att is nice for any sam, i only use head, body hands and legs in my tp set, i use af boots, bull neck always str rings merman earing and minuet ear plus tiphia sting, hagun and the crit strap whatever that ones called.

head - walahra or askar = free
neck - spectacles if your really poor, chivy is really cheap now
earrings - bush if you have, brutal if you have...other then that fowling and merman will fit in your budget
body - hauby is cheap as hell right now
hands - hachiman no question
rings - woodsman are going for like 80k a pop on my server
back - amemet+1 is really good for any DD and will fit in your 800k
waist - swift belt, headlong if u have cash, virtuoso if you wanna camp nm, life belt is like 40k
pants - i used shinimusha till i got shura/byakko...
feet - camp quu domi the gallant for free haste +3

this will easily fit in your 800k budget and youll be decently geared.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-08 19:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Subtle blow doesn't help shed hate at all.

Get a turban for your TP set. That head doesn't come close to turban and turban should be free if you merit.

I can think of a cheap piece of gear that would be better suited than each piece of that gear and you could get all for much less than 800k, if you want.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-08 19:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
Anyone else use any of the WoTG Fourth set for SAM TP gear? I use misc peices in my TP gear set and it seems ok, i need to finish my Store TP merit, but it my build gets me to a 5 hit WS (adding the TP from the ws). Just thought this would be a good topic, and any other budget suggestions would be great.

4th is really blah for sam id avoid it, unless you wanna use pants for WS cuz of str+4 until you get shura, if you ever get them.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-01-08 19:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Helder said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:

pole grip is like 4K lmao

I was talking about him wasting money on SAM TP gear when he can get rosestrap for sexy campaigning and situational use outside campaign.

Do you understand?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-08 19:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Helder said:
Bismarck.Dalimar said:

earrings - bush if you have, brutal if you have...other then that fowling and merman will fit in your budget
back - amemet 1 is really good for any DD and will fit in your 800k
waist - swift belt, headlong if u have cash, virtuoso if you wanna camp nm, life belt is like 40k
feet - camp quu domi the gallant for free haste 3

/thread
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-01-08 19:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Alexander.Helder said:
Bismarck.Dalimar said:

/thread

No love for potent belt?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-08 19:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

For TP'ing? definitely not
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-08 19:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Alexander.Helder said:
Bismarck.Dalimar said:

/thread

No love for potent belt?

for sam tp sacrificing 2 acc from life and 4 from virtuoso for 3 str doesnt make ANY sense. 3 str will not help you get your 6 hits any faster. Sam makes i think 70% of thier DMG through WS (vegetto would have to give exact number) so making sure you get those 6 hits in is crucial.

also life belt is 15k on my server and potent 55k so that just doesnt make sense you buy that for sam.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-01-08 19:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy crap. What's happening? I thought Amemet 1 was like 500k. ><
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-08 19:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Holy crap. What's happening? I thought Amemet 1 was like 500k. ><

not even foragers is at that price now, economy is going down alot for alot of the major DD pieces.

I really wish I bought alot of my DD gear at this time, prices are dirt cheap.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-08 19:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

man I love sam and I still can't do great penta dmg in bird camp meripos unless I have brd giving ACC+ATT or Brd+Cor Duo.

I've been thinking about war for RR or KJ for that but I would be without any hecatomb, I could make a decent SC build but against birds it sucks

any suggestion on penta vegetto? this is my gear

i go back and forth between relic head 10 acc and shura, cant make up my mind.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-08 19:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Any merits, and which food?
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-08 19:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Any merits, and which food?

i have recently put 2 pole merits (have not merited since pole merits) and have 1 str merit.

I go back and forth between crab sushi and meat mithkabobs, i fly through food though since I always have hate. w/o food its like 500-800 which sucks.

with food penta does 800-1000 pretty consistantly but i do that with GK easily, usually 800-1400 with no food.

I Really want a Tomoe but its gonna be a *** to get no one sells it so far on my server.

with brd+cor i can easily hit 1k and do 1.2-1.5 ocassionaly, hard to get that combo right now on my server no one merits anymore.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-08 19:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe i should just level drg and drakesbane to ***, but same problemo no hecagear and my sky shell is disbanding august and i dont know if ima be able to get w.legs (1 item per god)
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-08 19:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I usualy bring 4 stacks of food to a party. Polearm is depdant on support. If you don't feel you can afford to eat, best off not even using polearm. I'd stick w/ crab sushi and go for double march as your best combo for brd songs + chaos roll w/ cor. Should be able to average 1-1.2kish w/ /war and won't need much acc in ws gear thanks to the sushi and can focus on more dmg gear. even if you can match it w/ gkt dmg, keep in mind you will ws more often and your DoT damage will go up as well.

I don't have much experience w/o capped polearm merits though, but it's what I hear.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-08 19:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I usualy bring 4 stacks of food to a party. Polearm is depdant on support. If you don't feel you can afford to eat, best off not even using polearm. I'd stick w/ crab sushi and go for double march as your best combo for brd songs chaos roll w/ cor. Should be able to average 1-1.2kish w/ /war and won't need much acc in ws gear thanks to the sushi and can focus on more dmg gear. even if you can match it w/ gkt dmg, keep in mind you will ws more often and your DoT damage will go up as well.

I don't have much experience w/o capped polearm merits though, but it's what I hear.

yea im so torn because GK WS does much more (ive noticed a huge increase since getting snow gorget) and penta usually does close to the same if not a little less with a brd only, but the tp hits is like 150 compared to 70-90.

other then that you think the gear is okay? i know shadow gorget would help a shitload and maybe a couple other hard pieces like usu and tomoe.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-08 19:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

the only thing is polearm on every single bird i attract attention even if I dont WS because fo the TP dmg and food gets gobbled, so its kinda like a double edged sword.
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-01-08 19:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I gear myself differently from most new wave SAMs, but have you already exploited the 3 pieces from the add-on expansions? There's decent stuff to be had there if you tailor it specifically to SAM.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-08 19:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I get much higher w/ polearm, but I have full polearm merits and fulltime meat.

For ws gear, can't rly add much there, except maybe a merman's instead of bushi. The rest just depends on your support.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-08 19:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:

For ws gear, can't rly add much there, except maybe a merman's instead of bushi. The rest just depends on your support.

yea i WOULD merit polearm to full but im so spaz on how bout if I wanna level another DD to 75, but I can't decide on another DD because of the lack of certain pieces and I spent alot of time taking SAM to respectable levels I don't know if I want to do that again. So all in all full pole along with my full GK might be what I might do.

I guess ill just have to merit pole, really get my *** moving on farming UFO's, get lucky on a seller of tomoe and not be cheap with food.

thanks man, I wish you were on my server you know a ***ton. Atleast I know gear is not sooooo much the problem now, appreciate your time.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-08 19:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:

I also just remembered you have cuchi, that must make such a world of difference on its own.
First Page 2