Character Name
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-12-03 21:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always been interested as to how people get their ingame names.

Mine is a combination of my bf's and my name.

So, where did you get your name from?

[+]
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-03 21:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian's a Dancer from Fire Emblem. So yeah, I'm not creative.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-03 21:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I was deciding a name while watching "Kungfuhustle", hence my name. Shuffle is my mule.
 Asura.Hit
Server: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-12-03 21:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hit, It's what monks do ^.^
[+]
 Fenrir.Rinielenika
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Rinielenika 2009-12-03 21:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
Ninian's a Dancer from Fire Emblem. So yeah, I'm not creative.

Not like Im any better...

Mines a combination of Rini from sailor moon (I thought I was spelling it different..... I thought her name was spelled "Reene" so I thought I'd be original and spell it "Rini"..... /fail) and my "last name" (Elenika) is a two letter swap from the character Lilka Eleniak from Wild Arms 2.

I made this name when I was very, very, very little and used it as my online name since mom made me not use my real name, or "foxy girl" (seriously, I was 10, what did you expect..).....

and the name kinda stuck with me :/

lol.

Man I think I win the failboat name game.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-12-03 21:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend told me to name my character Haseyo.
Thus I was born and died Haseyo.
 Asura.Obsydian
user: Obsydian
By Asura.Obsydian 2009-12-03 21:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the beginnings of a zombie story in the works around the same time that XI was first released in the states. The title involved the word 'obsidian', and I happened to like it enough to swap a Y in there to make the name a little less objective.
 Fenrir.Empedocles
By Fenrir.Empedocles 2009-12-03 21:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Greek philosopher. It's believed he jumped into Mount Etna, thinking it would make him a god. Crazy ***, lol...

I originally encountered the name while reading a trilogy of books by an author named Christopher Hinz.
 Fenrir.Dascorp
user: dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2009-12-03 21:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a Scoprio so I just the Da and then the Scorp <.<
 Caitsith.Brodiewan
Server: Caitsith
user: brodiewan
By Caitsith.Brodiewan 2009-12-03 21:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

My family nick name is brodie and my favorite star wars character is obi-wan kenobi so hence brodiewan
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-12-03 21:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

"Ludog" was a name forced on to me...alot of girls and such called me "Ludoggy" so...here I am.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-03 21:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was trying to be fancy and use Latin to mean something terribly emo 'cause I was a little nerd back then who was into crappy music and thought it was cool and ended up accidentally naming myself the same thing as a Harry Potter spell because I didn't understand how to match genders in Latin -.-.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-12-03 21:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My nickname since I was about ~10 yrs old has been Fro.

When Starcraft first released a few friends of mine and myself started a clan and adopted all our names with some sort of "eus" ending.

Troy = Trotheus
Fro = Frobeus
Lucas = Lucieus
Etc.

Used Frobeus for almost every game since then.
 Fenrir.Dascorp
user: dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2009-12-03 21:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dascorp said:
I am a Scoprio so I just the Da and then the Scorp <.<

I kind of feel sorry that I changed it to Rafik, which is my real name in Russian, when I moved back to Seraph ; ;
 Asura.Hit
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-12-03 21:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
I was trying to be fancy and use Latin to mean something terribly emo 'cause I was a little nerd back then who was into crappy music and thought it was cool and ended up accidentally naming myself the same thing as a Harry Potter spell because I didn't understand how to match genders in Latin -.-.

I always thought it was a Harry potter reference... this problem could be compounded especially if you're not a fan of the books/movies. Can a GM change your name?
 Remora.Raistlins
user: djnavy
By Remora.Raistlins 2009-12-03 21:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is from the series of books Dragonlance, but i've put a "s" at the end of Raistlin. Raistlin is a mage is the books.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-03 21:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hit said:
Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:

I always thought it was a Harry potter reference... this problem could be compounded especially if you're not a fan of the books/movies. Can a GM change your name?

I liked Harry Potter well enough that when the book came out a few months later I was like "Meh, s'all good." I did try and get it changed though because everyone would ask about Potter but they wouldn't let me.

But hey, JK Rowling sucked at Latin too :D
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-12-03 22:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine's the last name of the poet that wrote the Divine Comedy, Dante Alighieri.
 Fairy.Vylandra
Server: Fairy
user: Vylandra1
By Fairy.Vylandra 2009-12-03 22:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My name is from a heroine in a series of novels I'd planned on writing after I graduated from High School. Vylandra was just a random named I came up with when brainstorming for what I'd call her.
 Midgardsormr.Wyuli
user: Wyuli
By Midgardsormr.Wyuli 2009-12-03 22:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I misread a Magic: The Gathering card way back when I opened my first pack of cards, and Wyluli Wolves was staring at me. Been using Wyuli ever since then.

And no, if you tap me I don't give a creature +1/+1.
[+]
 Remora.Bradt
user: Bradt
By Remora.Bradt 2009-12-03 22:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess >.>;
 Midgardsormr.Echion
user: Echion
By Midgardsormr.Echion 2009-12-03 22:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ewww The Arabian Nights card expansion was so lamee wyuli lol.

Echion is Greek for "Son of the Viper"
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-12-03 22:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I suck at making up names so I just took letters from Aki Maeda's ( a really cute Japanese actress) name. AKimaEDA.

Diabolos.Tochido
Server: Diabolos
user: Tochido
By Diabolos.Tochido 2009-12-03 22:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

When i started FFXI i had no idea what to make as a character name. I was also fairly cautious about what i chose because when i was setting up Xbox Live late at night i decided to go go random and see what popped up.

My step dad walked in when the name "Stinkybrush" came up for Xbox Live and we laughed and said, oh what the hell. I then logged into Halo 2 and found out that was my name for every single game and everyone called me "StinkyBush" haha

So i was hitting the random button looking to see what i could come up with, and i came across something like Tochadito or something similar, and i just changed it to my version. :)

Stupid but it works out, and i like it.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-12-03 22:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anagram of Nervous/tribute to dan severn

If you heard me on vent before a mission, you'd see why as far as the nervous bit goes XD
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-03 22:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Daisy is my 16-years-old dogs name and the name I've used to sign up for stuff online since forever (well variations of it) but naturally thats a name that was already taken as I assumed it would be.

While trying to come up with a variation that didnt sound stupid my right hands fingers were accidentally one key too far over. So instead of Daisy I typed Daust...I thought that name worked quite well, I just didnt like the T so I deleted it :3

So Daus was born! and I pronounce it "Daws" like in "Dawson's Creek" or "DOS". Though I've heard "Day-us" and "Douse rhymes with mouse", its funny cause my brother says "Dausage sounds like sausage".....8|

Its kinda interesting when people like the way they pronounce it better LOL

I actually went by the name Daisy still for a couple years..the few remaining members of my first kujatan social still call me Daisy. It startles me a bit to hear it nowadays from FF11 players..its how I can keep my internets groups separated. I know what fandom you're from from what you call me.

PS my mules name is luvitzdadaisy which is something Id tell my dog...lol...I use it as my little slogan thing on my art pages and on some forums.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Wyuli
user: Wyuli
By Midgardsormr.Wyuli 2009-12-03 22:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

"Ewww The Arabian Nights card expansion was so lamee wyuli lol."

lol yes I know, but what fun is M:TG when you can't make up theme decks that are horrendously off balance (I'm looking at you Legendary Creature onry deck).

Plus, a wolf-only deck was fun to play with, even if it wasn't practical.

Bradt, Angrydome ftw!
 Fenrir.Magicjunkie
By Fenrir.Magicjunkie 2009-12-03 22:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

umm my name came from i was making a taru Black mage so~ he was going to be a Magic Junkie~

i have a mule/2nd char named Djdiddles which comes from a dane cook joke
Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
I've always been interested as to how people get their ingame names. Mine is a combination of my bf's and my name. So, where did you get your name from?

is ur Bf's name Aaron? :o
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-12-03 22:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was choosing for a Char name I tried Samael but it was taken, so Instead of going Sammael (I don't like the additional M) I went Amael, and I pretty much liked it. My mule Juraviel is taken from the Demon Wars saga. Theres an elf race called Touel'alfar which in my mind resembled a lot of Tarutaru. Belli'mar Juraviel was one of the secondary characters.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8