Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » 3000$ Bounty
3000$ Bounty
First Page 2
By deshi 2023-06-07 09:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey

My name is Tei and I'm a ballista fanatic.

I've led multiple ballista linkshells during my (20yrs+) time playing, and its time for another challenge.

Got 2 friends? Wanna make 3000$USD (1000$USD each) IRL? Can you beat the ultimate ballista players in a lv60 3v3? ..

No? Wanna try anyway?

Send me a message and we can set up a time. Infinite attempts, let us know what you'd like for job setup. Anything is cool with us*.

Looking forward to playing with you :o

Tei

(What the ***? Here are the rules.....*
https://teishiballista.blogspot.com/p/bounty.html
https://teishiballista.blogspot.com/p/how-to-hako.html
https://teishiballista.blogspot.com/p/hako-jobs-bans.html
TL/DR: lv60 2 of SAM/DRG/MNK/WAR/RNG/DRK + 1 of WHM/PLD
3000$USD if you win 3/5 games, 300$USD if you win any game

(Send a message to these players (or myself on FFXIAH) - Asura server - Teishii Desuyo Remevel Alteis Gonononoo Yiera Rusara Avitaru Sonicwinder Atomicshot ..)
[+]
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Jacktheripperr 2023-06-07 09:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we need to cough up money if we lose?
By Asura.Jacktheripperr 2023-06-07 09:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Will you stream the action? I remember several years back now when a DRK player was going around servers taking names finally met his match against a RDM and then went mia.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-06-07 09:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I like OPs gumption. I haven't ballista'd since the 75 days but I'd definitely watch that stream.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-07 09:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jacktheripperr said: »
Will you stream the action? I remember several years back now when a DRK player was going around servers taking names finally met his match against a RDM and then went mia.
I was gonna say, I really hope this is broadcast in at least one way. FFXI's PvP is fun to watch and I'm always checking out YouTube VODs and stuff.
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2023-06-07 09:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

"Attempts are unlimited ~ and there's no cost to enter, as long as you're following the rules above."

Literally says in the rules no cost to play.
[+]
By Asura.Jacktheripperr 2023-06-07 09:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii said: »
"Attempts are unlimited ~ and there's no cost to enter, as long as you're following the rules above."

Literally says in the rules no cost to play.

Somehow missed that lol.
By Shuko 2023-06-07 10:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be able to participate in this, Siren native.

But I have done tons of modern PVP with friends

One thing I'd point out? Those new blue magics from hybrid elementals? Are absolutely busted even with the new Ody gear

Would probly have some condition against those? But otherwise its real fun now
By RadialArcana 2023-06-07 10:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

As with most things, they make it so annoying to do it many who would be interested end up not doing it.

Is there a guide on getting setup, knowing when it's happening what gear you need, rules etc?
By deshi 2023-06-07 11:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I could set up a complete new player's guide if you'd like, but I think if I've been clear (Lv60, SJok, noItem, 15min game), just the guides/item sets I have on my blog might be enough. (lmk if you'd like some clarification)

With gil being so easy to get these days, I think the competitive equip sets are really easy(you might already have them).

If you become actually interested in BIS, I think my blog has them for the relevant jobs. But.. that includes FoV augmenting that I doubt anyone would be down for until they get a taste for real combat.

No cost for trying. I can record, but probably won't stream myself. A good chunk of my jp teammates like to stream it, so either way, it'll be posted if we fight! (or not if you'd prefer)
By RadialArcana 2023-06-07 11:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not really for me, but if you want people to get into it you have to show them how to unlock etc. I remember a friend that was crazy for Ballista tried to get me to do it long ago and I rage quit trying to figure it out, was super annoying.
By Manque 2023-06-07 20:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Where’s Urteil?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By yenluck 2023-06-07 23:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This is Deadwing. Please send me a PM here if you're interested in joining a team with me on whm sub pld.

@Niiome
@Urteil
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-06-08 10:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Does winner get a duplus grip too?
[+]
By IGDC 2023-06-09 12:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That was Urteil, and he paid the 100,000,000 gil out to the winner.
By deshi 2023-06-24 05:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey. bump.

No challengers yet.

The whole point of this was to sate some boredom. People aren't interested in three thousand dollars US? Need some more clarification, or is everyone a huge wuss?

If you need more info, lmk.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-06-24 09:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

deshi said: »
Hey

My name is Tei and I'm a ballista fanatic.

They make an antibiotic cream for that.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-06-24 09:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

People aren't interested in three thousand dollars US?

Meh, inflation...
[+]
By Dodik 2023-06-24 10:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If not even a $3k bounty will attract anyone across all servers.. you know barrista is super popular.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-06-24 10:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done ballista much. If it works like old level sync and requires you to have lvl 60 gear then I can imagine this being quite difficult to find people who have been lvl 99 for 8+ years.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-24 10:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ballista was a lot of fun the couple of times I did it, but I can't handle it anymore. Over the years I've developed anxiety around any kind of PvP in any kind of game. I can't even play board games anymore.

Which sucks because I think it's a really fun PvP system.
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2023-06-24 11:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey. bump.

No challengers yet.

The whole point of this was to sate some boredom. People aren't interested in three thousand dollars US? Need some more clarification, or is everyone a huge wuss?

I don’t ballista but I’d like to learn more about it. Can you link your blog and guides? Also, are hacks/3rd party tools a problem for fair competition?
By Asura.Aragan 2023-06-24 11:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never lost in ballista for a long time, and before we used to challenge if someone said that I am tougher than you and it turns out that he is weak in ballista, but I don't know if I still have the skill 0:
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-06-24 12:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I hesitated initially to post this because I didn't want to come off negative. But your comment about people being wusses is condescending, so here it is

The ballista community is VERY hardcore, a few of you specifically are kind of psychotic (shouting for hours for paid participants in official matches with bait-and-switch wording then completely flip out when the match is lost, never keeping their word on payment and then flip out in tells and start shout wars). That aside, most people don't play PvP because it penalizes one of the games most cherished features, gear swapping, something SE never fixed with blinking, and thus has lost a lot of momentum with common players. The people who still do ballista have been doing it for 10+ years straight, and that's the only thing they do in FFXI. They are far ahead in terms of skill, strategy, gimmicks, mechanics, level sync gear hierarchy etc. compared to any other player not in that community. Even for money, the challenge just isn't a real test of what FFXI players enjoy, which is high level challenge and strategies using the gear they've spent years accumulating. Money won't motivate people to do this even if it were a million dollars , and if you have to entice people to join you in player combat with monetary compensation, that's pretty much proof that the content is long dead.

Another reason why people aren't interested in this is because it's level 60 cap; the ballista community and myself both know 60 cap is the only "fun" cap for enjoying a somewhat equal playing field. The problem is, nobody wants to sync down to level 60 when they've spent years building their characters up stronger. I bet if you made this level 99 cap (which is absurdly broken) you'd get tons of bites. But that would put you all at a disadvantage in ballista because any and everyone can die besides maybe a PLD or RDM. You've also limited the jobs people can play, because balance in 60 cap is busted the moment you throw in mages. For your community it makes perfect sense to do this. From an outsider reading this challenge, they might wonder why. Put simply, balance is a huge problem on ballista and it turns people off.

If we are being frank, after reading your challenge, most people don't really have any legitimate chance of beating a hardcore team of enthusiasts who ONLY do this event nonstop. I'm positive you know this as well. I read this challenge, and as someone who has a good ballista experience, background, and knowledge of mechanics and strategy, I know I wouldn't have a single chance of winning this, simply due to the amount of time I haven't invested in it. It would be the same as a professional or even amateur boxer who spends his life training to suddenly challenge "regular people" to a boxing match, paying 1000$ per punch landed. Sounds easy, but it's really an ego trap and you won't even lay a finger on them.

So while I think this was a lighthearted attempt to have some fun for the community to challenge then to a fight, calling people "wusses" for not biting at this ego trap comes off real douchebaggypants, and I don't believe this challenge was in good faith.

Anyways, Good luck with your challenge, I'll watch the recording if it gets done.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-06-24 13:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dekoda said: »
Hey. bump.

No challengers yet.

I don’t ballista but I’d like to learn more about it. Can you link your blog and guides? Also, are hacks/3rd party tools a problem for fair competition?

Should be obvious. Hacks completely invalidate ballista. Speed or position hacking just gives you the advantage to travel across the map faster than should be allowed. You can only run fast in ballista with either flee, Hermes quencher (if outside items are allowed), or the Sprint feature, which can only be done without having Petra in your possession. A big part of ballista is how long you're dead or away from the battle, or having to run to rooks to score, or having to travel back to the camp to help your team out. If you can instantly reappear or run fast all of the time, it's unfair
By NotInspctrgdget 2023-06-24 13:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread smells like Asura.
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2023-06-24 15:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Siren.Dekoda said: »
Hey. bump.

No challengers yet.

Should be obvious. Hacks completely invalidate ballista. Speed or position hacking just gives you the advantage to travel across the map faster than should be allowed. You can only run fast in ballista with either flee, Hermes quencher (if outside items are allowed), or the Sprint feature, which can only be done without having Petra in your possession. A big part of ballista is how long you're dead or away from the battle, or having to run to rooks to score, or having to travel back to the camp to help your team out. If you can instantly reappear or run fast all of the time, it's unfair

So how do you stop the hackers from cheating when real prizes are involved?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-06-24 16:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheaters are invalidated from a reward basically. They can tell if you're cheating. Ja0, for example, is highly frowned upon in games and nearly everyone notices it if you're sliding across the map using abilities and WS. Speed hacks are easy to tell, since normal players should be able to catch up to you in a pursuit. So if you're constantly able to outrun others in a straight line, without movement speed equipment, you're cheating plain and simple. Just don't pay a cheater

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2