May Update Broke GS For Only Me?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Windower » General » May Update broke GS for only me?
May Update broke GS for only me?
By Dukie585 2022-05-10 22:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Logged on for the fist time since update last night, got the expected updates to windower and FFXI.

Noticed that gearswap isn't changing gear for JA's or magic, but is still swapping gear when I engaged / disengage. And I can manually switch gear with //gs equip sets.xyz....No error with gearswap or loading in my luas.

Tried the usual troubleshooting. Unload and re-load, turn off all the other addons, close the game and re-launch, restart my computer, etc. No dice.

So, I come to ffxiah thinking I'll see 20 people screaming "GS BROKEN PLEASE FIX".... only to see no mention of the issue.

gearswap files updated were "packet_parsing.lua" and triggers.lua". I assumed it was triggers and loaded in an old file I had backed up from when I built my new computer. Below is the only difference I found in triggers.lua from the file that I had backed up, dated 10/2/2021

Code below is lines 47-49 in both files.

triggers.lua from 5/10/22 (not working properly):
Code

local splitline = windower.from_shift_jis(windower.convert_auto_trans(modified)):gsub('<wait[%s%d%.]*>',''):gsub('"(.-)"',function(str)
            return ' '..str:gsub(' ',string.char(7))..' '
        end):split(' '):filter(-'')

triggers.lua from 10/02/21 (no issues):
Code
    local splitline = windower.from_shift_jis(windower.convert_auto_trans(modified)):gsub(' <wait %d+>',''):gsub('"(.-)"',function(str)
            return str:gsub(' ',string.char(7))
        end):split(' '):filter(-'') 

I can usually stumble through the logic of gs lua's, but this is beyond my comprehension so looking for some input. I've resolved the issue by reverting to an older file, but I want to understand why I seem to be the only one impacted by it. Or did everyone just take the day off and not notice it yet?
 Asura.Yottaxa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-05-11 00:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Zero issues here with the update… or I am just not paying attention to ja’s swapping lol… a question that might shed some light on the uniqueness of the issue:

Who’s GS job file(s) are you using? Your own? Someone else's? Across all jobs?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-05-11 06:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you use Shortcuts?

Could you give an example of a JA command that does not swap for you?

This is what the change you posted was intending to accomplish.
By Dukie585 2022-05-11 12:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yottaxa said: »
… a question that might shed some light on the uniqueness of the issue:

Who’s GS job file(s) are you using? Your own? Someone else's? Across all jobs?

Jobs I tested with using the following GS files base functionality (I've updated them slightly but nothing major to impact basic functionality)

COR: Base file I built from (https://github.com/ArislanShiva/luas/blob/master/Arislan-COR.lua)
WHM: Base file I built from (https://github.com/ArislanShiva/luas/blob/master/Arislan-WHM.lua)
BLU: Base file I built from (https://github.com/ArislanShiva/luas/blob/master/Arislan-BLU.lua)
GEO: Base file I built from (https://github.com/AlanWarren/gearswap/blob/master/GEO.lua)

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Do you use Shortcuts?

Could you give an example of a JA command that does not swap for you?

From what I could tell, all abilities and spells. I had this issue when using text commands / shortcuts like typing "/cure". I also was experiencing this issue when using spells / JA's from the menu.

Cure: attempted from menu and /cure (shortcut)
Multiple rolls: macros (shotcut format) and from the menu
Diffusion: from menu
Multiple blu spells (self target and enemy target): from menu / macros using shortcuts
Multiple indi & geo spells: shortcuts and from spell menu
Quickdraw: Macro with "/quickdraw" so I believe that would fall under shortcuts

All of the above spells and abilities did not swap gear.

This is what the change you posted was intending to accomplish.

When was this update pushed out via windower? I've asked a few LS mates and some still have the old code I posted from my older triggers.lua file.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-05-11 12:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably yesterday, but all my WSs and stuff still work.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-05-11 12:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What language client do you use?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-05-11 12:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you on a private server?
By Dukie585 2022-05-11 13:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What language client do you use?

English

Are you on a private server?

Negative. Not sure why my account seems to have un-linked form my character. But I'm on Quetz
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2022-05-11 13:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The change expanded what command gearswap see as valid, before the change gs would sometime not execute a swap because it believe the command was invalid, but it wasn't so the spell would go off with no gs logic applied.
Code
<wait %d+>
only allows for wait with some number of integer seconds.
Code
<wait[%s%d%.]*>
this allows for <wait>, <wait 1>, <wait 1.2>

If your seeing an issue with your command and changing just this line of code resolves that issue, then it must be related to a <wait command syntax we over looked.

Add this before splitline:
Code
print(windower.from_shift_jis(windower.convert_auto_trans(modified)))

and tell me what you see print to the console, after doing some of the failing commands.
 Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Merritt95
By Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey 2022-05-11 13:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen some instability with swapping lately, most notable in Odyssey and Dyna D. I had one issue where my head piece would not swap back in after using Trueflight with Cohort's Cloak +1. Reloading seemed to fix the issue for the time being (no change to the file at all). Our Odyssey tank also found instances of GS not swapping into SIRD set (midcast) quick enough, resulting in getting interrupted. I've also noticed gearswap taking longer to go back to idle/engaged sets after doing an ability/WS/spell.

All of the above was observed using Selindrile gearswap, but we added the support for wardrobes 5-8 after he stopped supporting it.

None of the previously stated issues were seen before a week ago. Was thinking it might be packet related.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-05-11 17:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you're going to see problems like that in layered areas because the game fails to send you chunks indicating that your gear has swapped. That should be unrelated to this problem, though.

OP, someone on reddit reported that adding `include('packets.lua')` fixed the problem for them for some reason. I have literally no explanation for how that could possibly be the case, but mind trying it?

Also, are you using live or dev windower?
By Dukie585 2022-05-16 19:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the delayed response. Finally got around to testing this.

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
Add this before splitline:
Code
print(windower.from_shift_jis(windower.convert_auto_trans(modified)))

and tell me what you see print to the console, after doing some of the failing commands.

Pretty much what you would expect. I have screenshots but it was the same behavior I experienced before, no gear swapping except for when I engage my engaged set would equip. JA's / magic did not change to the appropriate gear regardless of if I was engaged or not.

Some examples....all had the exact same output of (/ja "Bolter's Roll" <me>):
1. Bolter's roll from a macro with shortcuts (/boltersroll)
2. Bolter's roll from the menu
3. Bolter's roll from a macro with shortcuts while engaged
4. Bolter's roll from the menu while engaged.

This was the same story with other JA's and spells.

OP, someone on reddit reported that adding `include('packets.lua')` fixed the problem for them for some reason. I have literally no explanation for how that could possibly be the case, but mind trying it?
Well, that seems to have fixed it. Gear is swapping with no issues using the latest version of triggers.lua. I put the include('packets.lua') in my job lua file. Mind pointing me to where that was mentioned on reddit?

Also, are you using live or dev windower?
Live
 Asura.Yottaxa
Server: Asura
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-05-17 01:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

-Mind pointing me to where that was mentioned on reddit?

Fyi I think I found it - it was on the “other” ffxi reddit - prolly why no one saw it at all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/finalfantasy11/comments/unaprx/psa_if_your_gearswap_randomly_broke_with_the/
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-05-17 04:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The solution still makes no sense to me.

If you would be willing, I'd still like to talk to someone that had this problem on the windower discord: https://discord.gg/aUrHCvk
By Dukie585 2022-05-17 20:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure. I just joined the discord. Dukie#6813