Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Corse Ambuscade V1
Corse Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By fallingstars 2022-02-19 10:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know why everyone is still trying to reinvent the wheel here. Watch Rua's video, nothing to translate to english. It wasnt a 'luck' win. It was spammed over and over with 100% success. Below 1 minute actual kill time.
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-02-19 12:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

fallingstars said: »
I dont know why everyone is still trying to reinvent the wheel here. Watch Rua's video, nothing to translate to english. It wasnt a 'luck' win. It was spammed over and over with 100% success. Below 1 minute actual kill time.

Maybe folks don't have the relevant jobs or just want to try something new? We don't find new strategies by just repeating the same thing over and over. If anything, I'm stoked to see people trying something different, it makes the game more interesting in doing so rather than just repeating what works every time and sticking with that. It also opens up the opportunity to use different jobs if new strats are found.

There is a place for doing something a certain way to clear it and get what you need, there is also a place for experimentation, otherwise it gets boring very quickly.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-02-19 12:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

personly i'm pretty amazed how ppl came up with overwriting the short duration doom. i think it's the first time ppl found use for a otherwise pretty useless spell (mortal ray) and i have to admit i'd never would have thought about that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-02-19 12:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
Personally I'm pretty amazed how ppl came up with overwriting the short duration doom. I think it's the first time ppl found a use for an otherwise pretty useless ability (mortal ray) and I have to admit I'd never have thought about that.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-19 12:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
fallingstars said: »

Maybe folks don't have the relevant jobs or just want to try something new? We don't find new strategies by just repeating the same thing over and over...

there is also a place for experimentation, otherwise it gets boring very quickly.

And yet, that's exactly what the NA/English community prefers to do. Exhibit A-Z - All of Odyssey. People often say "Oh, that's cool you can do it that way", but barely anyone from our community experiments to this degree. It's mostly the Japanese players who take the time to do things like this. If you suggest using other DD jobs in Odyssey besides the meta, you will always get players that say "but why, THESEa jobs work better why bother"? Next month is Antica ambu, you will see the video of them using BLM floating around. You couldn't pay an NA group to coordinate that kind of group. Because the mechanics are "unfun" and they will just try to "bypass" it through zerg means. I agree multiple methods are good to have, but fallingstars's sentiments are exactly how 99% of English players prefer their content. Easy, one and done, no need to overthink it. A win is a win. GG

Shichishito said: »
i think it's the first time ppl found use for a otherwise pretty useless ability (mortal ray)

Similar to Cruel Joke which had relatively low use until Odyssey came out. The MP cost of Mortal Ray was way too high for how long it took to take effect, so mostly nobody bothered using it. I bet this was an oversight by SE, being able to overwrite doom. There's only a couple ways in the game players can inflict it, they probably never checked to see if it could be overwritten by anything else and this slipped through the cracks. Kudos to players for testing it, that was ingenius.

edit: Vir'ava uses Beautiful Death move which is AOE charm and doom. The wiki page has long mentioned this is guaranteed death, but it may not be. I bet this method also works on your party members and you can actually save players from dying, instead of what we once thought was 100% death. Interesting finding these things out several years later.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-02-19 14:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
And yet, that's exactly what the NA/English community prefers to do. Exhibit A-Z - All of Odyssey. People often say "Oh, that's cool you can do it that way", but barely anyone from our community experiments to this degree. It's mostly the Japanese players who take the time to do things like this. If you suggest using other DD jobs in Odyssey besides the meta, you will always get players that say "but why, THESEa jobs work better why bother"? Next month is Antica ambu, you will see the video of them using BLM floating around.

Yea, agreed.

Hell even this month, people would bail after the first failed attempt at a strategy rather than try again. Our group tried probably half a dozen different possible strats (pup tank w/ mnk/drg to dump hate, standard zerg, pulling to the center with pld, kiting, and a few others). They don't mind trying new things but try doing that with a PUG, half or more will leave the party before you can say anything after the first attempt.

I think this is where ambu shines for me, it's something new each month and you have the opportunity to try new strats. Even if it's a repeat, new gear and ML in the last 2 years can open new opportunities, kindof like what Ruau did with the gigas over the summer. I think it's a nice way to exhibit what different jobs can do, but it can be difficult to convince people to break that norm even if the reward could be high. I find that frustrating, but I do understand people want to be as efficient as possible in limited time.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-19 14:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Blocking status with another status isn't super new. Recommending poison pots to cancel super poisons was always a strat, been around forever. Kinda the same thing.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-19 14:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Blocking status with another status isn't super new. Recommending poison pots to cancel super poisons was always a strat, been around forever. Kinda the same thing.

The difference is the mechanics behind how the debuff is negated/cured. Nobody knew Player-Doom could overwrite enemy Doom. Player-induced poison had to be used before the enemy used their stronger potency Poison, so it was fairly straightforward. There is no way to inflict self doom, though, so being charmed is the only way to test if you can overwrite a strong doom with a weaker doom. Which as mentioned by Shichishito, is something I would have never thought to try.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-02-20 18:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right, it's super old and doesn't work on almost any recent content.

You can't use a poison potion to counter Xevioso's poison.
You can't use Ecliptic Growl to counter Mboze's Impact/Stats down.

Etc, etc, etc.

So this was pretty smart thinking to come up with and test. No need to downplay their findings.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-02-20 19:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem with his vid is I'm sure SE will nerf gravity next go around, so its always good to discuss different methods anyway.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [347 days between previous and next post]
By HDXylophone 2023-02-03 02:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Corse Ambuscade is back! ...and for some reason they've decided to make the Subtle Blow strat less viable now, along with some adjustments to the frequency and conditions for the charm abilities, so that'll be fun. Here's hoping all the parties for it aren't just PUP solos.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/60413

Edit: Doesn't seem like they've made any changes to how susceptible it was to Gravity, so maybe that particular strategy will still work?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-02-03 06:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In before the standard resistance to Multi-hit Blood Pacts (If that wasn't already instituted) lol.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-03 06:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
In before the standard resistance to Multi-hit Blood Pacts (If that wasn't already instituted) lol.

That's why we bump the old thread, information like this is already in the thread.

(I know it's in vain, no one here can be bothered to read ((sometimes... incapable)), it's such a chore, Christ, check a previous page, are you insane!?)
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-02-03 07:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

That's why we bump the old thread, information like this is already in the thread.

(I know it's in vain, no one here can be bothered to read ((sometimes... incapable)), it's such a chore, Christ, check a previous page, are you insane!?)

Angry much? Obviously it's too early to have a joke.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-03 08:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-03 10:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway. Based on the post but of no value until it's actually out.

If charm is a reaction and not an at will tp move then the corse is essentially harmless. It won't matter if it has regain to counter tp suppression. and gravity resistance won't matter for ***either as again it will be harmless without charm(doom).

Blood Weapon is still super broken but just walk away or use shadows or dispel or stun or whatever effortless thing is most efficient.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-02-03 15:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Not really, just sad to see.
By Dodik 2023-02-03 15:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a reaction all right.

A reaction to getting hit.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-09 23:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're 10+, it will exclusively single target charm. (Exploitable with pets/arrows?)

If you're under 10 It cannot single charm unless adds are present.

2hour wipes all debuffs on every mob.

If you do the update and log in before the windower team updates the resources you will see the incorrect TP move names. They know. It happens every time. Just launch windower again to fix it.
[+]
By HDXylophone 2023-02-10 01:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So, doesn't look like they gutted the ol' TP denial strats? Guess that's the play?
By wick 2023-02-10 02:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like Gambol Macabre got me trying to kite at 25 yalms......
Anyone else try kiting?

Post deleted by User.
By wick 2023-02-10 03:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
wick said: »
Seems like Gambol Macabre got me trying to kite at 25 yalms......
Anyone else try kiting?

Kite strat is dead if you read patch notes:

"The Bozzetto Pishogue will now use Gambol Macabre without fail if the target is 10m or further from them at the time of activation.
* This is the case even if the Bozzetto Warder is not present."
Yeh well i thought id be cute and confirm. Cant kite him ;)
By Rinuko 2023-02-10 05:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

any suggestion for location to get the KI for this month?
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2023-02-10 05:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fei'Yin #1 Ghosts probably good, but I'm sure there are other options too
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7