Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Secret friggin' Santa
Secret friggin' Santa
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-21 12:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey. I'm Aeonova. You may remember me from such memes as: "Wrecked 'em? It nearly killed 'em" and "Is that a Tarutaru in your pocket or are you just happy to see me".

I was thinking of mucking around a bit with the idea of a Secret Santa for these forums (cross-server might get sketchy so I'll play the 'Primed For Adventure' card and say this is Asura onry unless you can plead your case).

Post here (Edit: Or private message me via these forums) if you want to be added to a Secret Santa pool of names and I'll use some randomizer I find on Google to place you with someone. You can trust me to not interfere with weighting the results because I don't care enough and not enough is on the line to matter.

Anyway... here is what would be a decent application.

Post that you're interested in participating. You have ____ as your main job. Your favorite color. Your Covid-19 vaccine status. *ahem* Wait. Don't post that last thing.

Hopefully that should be enough to get you into the pool. I have done this before with my old linkshell, but FFXIAH forums are kind of my linkshell now so... there is that. I put some arbitrary spending limit/cap on gil used before back then, but now... if you want to blow millions on buying someone a full clear of something or if you want to spend a week doing a custom real-world art thing for someone... the sky is the limit. Please don't be a *** and send someone a "Little Worm" or "Zinc Ore" though.

Within reason and all of that jazz.

Deadline for entry and the reveal of "who you should get a gift for is the 23rd. 9 AM Central Standard Time. Basically you have today and tomorrow and then I'll be sending you PMs with who you need to get stuff for in two days(ish). Not the next JP midnight, but the JP midnight after that. In the case of if I don't get an even number of people or if someone welches (or gets too drunk over the holidays and no-shows), I'll personally get/give you something.

(Any info you could add to give to your Secret Santa'ee would be helpful. Use your imagination.) I have run multiple secret Santas irl and in game. The worst thing someone ever said to me when I asked them what they wanted was "Cure my cancer" (no joke; it was an old man I worked with and he had just found out about having the big C). The best gift ever given was someone got this person a $15 mini lego set. I was in awe of how lucky they were because Legos™ are amazing.

Protip: Furnishings from the AH are very nice cheap gifts to participate with. 20,000 ~ 100,000 gil is a nice gift; especially if it has heart behind it. *(Audience: Awwwweee!!!!)*

Edit: Oh, and for legal reasons, no real life money blah blah blah. Feet pics are okay, but you have to post a pic of the feet AND have a piece of paper in the image with your in-game name written on it. (Don't google "feet pics" and submit an image you find there as your own feet).

Edit #2: If your name on here is something you aren't in-game, just let me know. Just give me one official "person" (name) to put in the randomizer. I thank the person that was using alts with multiple characters on multiple servers for mentioning that to me. Trust me. I give zero fricks about anyone's alts or sock puppets
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-12-21 13:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I'm in. I have no main job (all 22 are ML20 and I consistently swap around. Also, I don't want anything remotely worth 100k in gil. Best thing would be a signed piece of whatever gear in whatever craft you have even if its level 1. I collect those types of things.) Favourite colour is green.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-21 13:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Signed rings and you are married in some versions of reality. Be sure to read the fine print.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-21 22:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn it, Pokemane.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-22 13:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Have I been Pokemane this entire time? Probably.

Would this change your opinion of me? Probably.

Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-23 11:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooooo.... one person was interested. Womp womp, indeed.