First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 37 38 39
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-28 17:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
recently heard someone is doing that with titanfall for 3 years by now and still the devs can't or don't care to stop it.

And people realize they're being treated like ***and quit. Sounds like pure win.

Play games from companies that view you as more than dollar signs.
By RadialArcana 2021-07-28 17:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
If you guys really want the fight fixed, we're gonna need someone who has 100 accounts and doesn't care about bans to enter the standard shinryu fight over and over again and just sit there and time out with two/three characters automating entry on each server so no one can enter the queue EVER.

I imagine the level of complaining after that would actually make SE do something

They can't change it, they would actually be far more likely to remove the entire HTBF than remake the zones to add the queue system to it.

Also, if you enter and don't engage the monster starts attacking after a period of time doesn't it? Oh and that's considered griefing.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-07-28 17:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Griefing yes. Hence the, "doesn't care about bans" part of the equation.

hashtagspoilersbelow
By Draylo 2021-07-28 17:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't get the complaining tbh. This bcnm was like this from day 1, I even have a 10 year old video on my channel of peoples heads bobbing ridiculously. Every single HTB in the game except the newer ones, all use the same type of que system (the old way.) I mean, there is no rush to complete anything in this game atm given how slow content comes out. Not that I am opposed to them reworking these systems, I would rather they keep creating new content then to take ages remedying a problem with one that most people will be done with in a couple months once capped.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-28 17:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That's kinda the point. They know the queue system is a requirement. So everything moving forward should have a queue. Not a having a queue is just stupid.

It's a conscious decision to make a stupid choice that requires correction. Regression is bad, progression is good. Going backward from queue to no queue is a no-no.

The *** about "can't because zone" is just that, ***. If they can't make a queue because they literally aren't intelligent enough to do it, then use Kazham as the new battlefield host location.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-07-28 17:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Griefing yes. Hence the, "doesn't care about bans" part of the equation.

hashtagspoilersbelow
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-07-28 18:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The queue system is built into the infrastructure of the zone, they can't just add it to anything (if they could they would do so, they didn't refuse to add a queue because they hate you). This is an old zone, they are not going to remake it just for a rehashed HTBF.

Thinking you can add a queue to anything is like thinking you can goto the shop and buy a toilet, and you now have a working toilet. No you have to pay for all the plumbing work under the floorboards or it won't work.

I think people are bitching for the sake of it, almost every other HTBF is like this. Hell almost everything on FFXI is like this, if I want to work on a new emp and others are at it I can't line up for a queue. I either need to fight them to claim or come back later.

In a month far fewer will be doing it anyway (the main problem isn't numbers of people anyway, it's a small group doing it all day one after the other, so once these people get their stuff they won't do it anymore), I don't see the big deal.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-28 18:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Rabao Selbina and Mhuara are exactly the same. They added queue. Shinryu is no different. They chose to put it there and fake apologize instead of bother putting the fight in the right place.

The fight does not have to be in the Abyssea - Paradox.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-28 18:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

With the way its coded and how big he is, I doubt he could fit into that WOE zone the same way. They didn't intentionally leave it out of that que system, they must have had a reason and they even stated it was not possible. I personally disliked how they threw all the crap into one crystal randomly placed in a town, very lore breaking but whatever. They would have done better to explain it as some kind of battle simulator like they had in FF7r lol but no explanation at all.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-28 18:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The "reason" is it's easier to do the least effort and say sorry than do it the right way. Because everyone will just eat ***and ask for more.

"gosh guys, they're doing their best" no, they really aren't, you've been conditioned.
By RadialArcana 2021-07-28 18:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The queue system is built into the target zone you want to goto, not the one you're standing in when it's counting.

It's was built into Ambuscade, Reisenjima, WoE etc
By RadialArcana 2021-07-28 18:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

They are anal over lore and stuff, they were never going to put it somewhere else. You know that.

It sucks for now, but you know this will be a non issue in a month.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-07-28 18:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like they did exactly what they said they would do honestly. Make it more annoying than Lilith.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-07-28 18:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd assume they rationalize not adjusting it for a queue due to the fact that most players spamming it will be done with it in a month or so. It's probably not worth the time expense for them when the same people adjusting it already have their development time slotted for other items, like Resurgence, other battles/systems, etc.

Do you guys really care about this if it means delaying the upcoming job expansion system, Resurgence, etc.? Do you want future HTBFs to be restricted to just zones with a queuing system? Because that's going to reduce the amount of them that we see greatly.

I'm personally just waiting until next month when a bunch of people move on.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-07-28 18:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

None of the other HTB fights had que systems outside of Selbina, no exception here.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-28 18:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
I'd assume they rationalize not adjusting it for a queue due to the fact that most players spamming it will be done with it in a month or so. It's probably not worth the time expense for them when the same people adjusting it already have their development time slotted for other items, like Resurgence, other battles/systems, etc.

Do you guys really care about this if it means delaying the upcoming job expansion system, Resurgence, etc.? Do you want future HTBFs to be restricted to just zones with a queuing system? Because that's going to reduce the amount of them that we see greatly.

I'm personally just waiting until next month when a bunch of people move on.

It's not that the congestion is an issue. Of course it will pass. It's that they KNEW it would be an issue and gave no ***. And will do it again. And that should be wholly unacceptable.
By Shichishito 2021-07-28 19:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

there would have also been lore related entrances for the selbina HTBFs yet they gave us the selbina crystal and a queue. they can't be that anal over lore and stuff.
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-07-28 19:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that the congestion is an issue. Of course it will pass. It's that they KNEW it would be an issue and gave no ***. And will do it again. And that should be wholly unacceptable.

To them, it's probably not worth the expense and delays in their plans. They have very little staff on the native XI team. Setting up queuing appears to be not worth the effort for them, unless they are able to pull in some outside help to do it. Even that means taking time out of the native team's schedule to show them how to do it for XI.

I'm frankly surprised they bothered doing it for Lilith in the first place.

Inb4 "white knighting" when I'm just pointing out the obvious.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-28 19:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It is obvious, that's the problem.

You all know why. Everyone here knows the lack of staff. Everyone here knows the spaghetti excuse and the inability to fix things cause by "previous devs". Everyone here knows "ps2 limitations".

Every time they rightfully deserve criticism you spout their pre conditioned rhetoric. Battered spouses. And I understand, an addict can't help it. I'm just disappointed.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-07-28 19:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm definitely not saying I don't think the game deserves more support at all. It seems like there's enough revenue to bring on another full-time XI developer at the least. A game doesn't need to make 100x its budget to be worthwhile when the user base is already there and you can increase active subscribers by providing more content or adjustments.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2021-07-28 21:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
I'm definitely not saying I don't think the game deserves more support at all. It seems like there's enough revenue to bring on another full-time XI developer at the least. A game doesn't need to make 100x its budget to be worthwhile when the user base is already there and you can increase active subscribers by providing more content or adjustments.
Yeah, but you're missing one key thing here.

They don't give a ***.
By mhomho 2021-07-28 21:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally this. What about Selbina says WotG? Why should Lilith HTBF be in Selbina of all places? You know why? Because. New Shinryu fight should've been from a conflux in Kazham (or another low traffic zone). They had the opportunity to do it correctly in line with how all the others were done. This is why you do something right the first time. It's easier then having to go back to gut something and rebuild it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-28 22:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
The queue system is built into the infrastructure of the zone, they can't just add it to anything

Remember when they said they COULDN'T expand inventory because of limitations? Then they came out and said they were being dishonest, they can do it, and plan on at some point (and it will likely be a paid feature)?

Remember when they said they were trying to combat RMT but didn't want to Nerf gain exp because it would hurt legitimate players, and then they went ahead and nerfed gain exp and hurt legitimate players?

We have to stop copping pleas whenever SE tells us they CAN'T or WON'T do something.
[+]
By Malaketth 2021-07-28 22:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shinryu exist partially below the floor with his tail dipping into the “water”. They have said because of this it wouldn’t work without that feature in another zone. That said I don’t know why they couldn’t have set us up to be warped to that battlefield from somewhere else.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-07-28 23:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Could’ve honestly put a crystal or something in kazham.
By FaeQueenCory 2021-07-29 08:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
RadialArcana said: »
The queue system is built into the infrastructure of the zone, they can't just add it to anything

Remember when they said they COULDN'T expand inventory because of limitations? Then they came out and said they were being dishonest, they can do it, and plan on at some point (and it will likely be a paid feature)?

Remember when they said they were trying to combat RMT but didn't want to Nerf gain exp because it would hurt legitimate players, and then they went ahead and nerfed gain exp and hurt legitimate players?

We have to stop copping pleas whenever SE tells us they CAN'T or WON'T do something.
True. though this time it's more legitimate, as it would require them to redo the entirety of the entrance system for the original Shinryu fight too. (which is more of limited development resources rather than any technological limitations... so blame capitalism.)

That being said, they could easily add in more than the THREE instances that currently exist...... why they thought that no que, and only 3 instances for something that drops needed (ala Crepuscular Cloak) and really good gear.... at rates the same as Lilith (though honestly feels like worse, and only now are of similar terrible droprate).... I have no idea.
At the very minimum they should have had at least 10 instances from the start.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-07-29 09:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Malaketth said: »
Shinryu exist partially below the floor with his tail dipping into the “water”. They have said because of this it wouldn’t work without that feature in another zone. That said I don’t know why they couldn’t have set us up to be warped to that battlefield from somewhere else.

Isn't it the same scenary as the Promathia fight? Cant they use that zone?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-29 09:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Issue isn't copy pasting assets and making a new zone with the same scenery. Issue is that their queueing/instance software is probably not 100% dynamically generated, so they need to dedicate a seperate machine or resource pool to hosting it(perhaps one per server, even). With no funding from SE, it's not something the devs can do for every new bc.

Obviously, in a perfect world, all these instances would be clean classes and a single pool or set of pools could spawn any instance as demand dictates, but nobody's going to pay for them to go back and fix all of that.

Shame too, the game would probably be much more lively if they were able to convert all existing and new content to a clean instanced system, maybe add an event that suffices as CP farming, and merge servers down to like 4.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-29 09:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
merge servers down to like 4.

I just want to mark the occasion where you were pro server concentration
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-29 09:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never been anti-server concentration as a concept. I just acknowledge the reality that in FFXI's current state, there are clear and significant benefits to being on a small server.

If SE were to fix the underlying problems(and solving instancing issues + providing a CP alternative is most of that), go for it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 37 38 39