AutoRNG - Now with more Strafing and same old RA
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-05-10 16:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really just messing with you all that are already drooling over the idea in the threads.

[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-10 16:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-05-10 16:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2021-05-10 17:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

hahaha that's great xD
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-10 17:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

By Garretts 2021-05-10 18:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

https://streamable.com/l9vjvs

ya'll got any more them hover shots
[+]
By Gambits 2021-05-10 18:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bot:
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-05-10 18:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Garretts said: »

Good luck staying in a geo bubble.
 Ragnarok.Eotfofyl
Server: Ragnarok
user: EOTFOFYL
By Ragnarok.Eotfofyl 2021-05-10 19:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Downloaded thanks.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-05-10 20:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »

To be fair, i cant recall the last time ive seen a geo in a ranger party giving buffs that help a ranger. Its usually haste bubble, debuff bubble. Not really missing much.

For all other cases, just yell "Geo adjust".
[+]
By Garretts 2021-05-10 20:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

He made that bit of code as a meme lol, but aftyer the geo bubble comment we all giggled about having 17 geo's in the alliance to keep him in the bubble at all times
[+]
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2021-05-10 23:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it was mostly a joke. I just don't understand why you didn't have it go back and forth. More player-like anyway. Guess it's not as good of a meme.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-05-11 02:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »

2 words. Widened Compass!
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-11 03:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This kinda made me realize that JA0wait users can move while shooting no? I mean they can move during shot animation to move to next spot faster? Now JA0wait will be full hard cheating, not only QoL like some people try to justify it. Also I bet some genius will try to make addon that pos hack you yalm away too probably. Ehhh...
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-05-11 06:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

JA0wait doesn't let you cast spells or fire arrows while moving, it just removes the animation lock off the end. There is a window during the animation when you have to stop moving or you'll get an interrupt message and have to try shoot again.

Also, back in the day people made custom macros that changed gear at specific points to break animation locks without it anyway.

The only thing you could say JA0wait is really cheating on is kiting stuff.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-05-11 07:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
This kinda made me realize that JA0wait users can move while shooting no? I mean they can move during shot animation to move to next spot faster? Now JA0wait will be full hard cheating, not only QoL like some people try to justify it. Also I bet some genius will try to make addon that pos hack you yalm away too probably. Ehhh...

It would be nice if either, SQEX decided to remove animation lock entirely, or if the author of JAzero can design the addon in a way that eliminates the actual bug where you get stuck in certain situations, like pulling many mobs, or the random freeze when a mob is casting a spell you etc, and at the same time retaining the animation lock involved with WS, JA, spells etc.

Since JAzero won't be included in the repository of windower 5, maybe this would be a good idea to take the initiative and redesign the addon in a way that it doesn't offer an advantage to players who use, and only gets rid of the stiffness that occurs with big pulls. Parity for everyone, and pure QoL :)
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-11 07:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Likely a colossal amount of work to do something like that, as the lock issue is due to consecutive animations also providing animation lock. If you don't block the first, you have to undo a whole lot of the game state to block later ones.

Ideally, SE would do something to fix repeated animation lock from large pulls, we don't need to remove animation lock entirely. But, there's no doubt that JA0 will be 1000% more apparent when using JA0 with hover shot.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2021-05-12 05:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

https://twitter.com/FF11_guest/status/1392394825211682821

The JPs are onto you!
[+]
 Asura.Daiiawn
user: daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2021-05-12 06:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
JA0wait doesn't let you cast spells or fire arrows while moving, it just removes the animation lock off the end. There is a window during the animation when you have to stop moving or you'll get an interrupt message and have to try shoot again.

Also, back in the day people made custom macros that changed gear at specific points to break animation locks without it anyway.

Yeah this, me and my friends refered to it as "Blink casting", may have stolen that term from Kaeko. Used it heavily on blm, swapping gear at a certain % of casting, where you know your damage wouldnt be gimped you dont get animation locked was needed for a lot of solo stuff. Same with corsair, skadi feet + blink casted QD would let you kite and kill most things, using vanilla stuff
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-12 07:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't said it let you shooting while moving. I'm saying it let you start moving faster to new spot, because you don't need to wait for shooting animation to end.
By RadialArcana 2021-05-12 07:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do JP players always hide names of characters like that?
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-05-12 07:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do JP players always hide names of characters like that?

In their attempt to expose the violators, respect for their privacy still seems to be maintained, or perhaps due to intellectual property?
By SimonSes 2021-05-12 08:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This twitter video is exactly what I meant about JA0wait. JA0Wait pretty much boost your damage by like 100%, since you can move to next spot before you can shot again, while normal player needs like 1sec+ to do that after the shot. Which means cheaters now has much higher advantage than with auto-ra before. This guy seems to be using movement speed cheat too. Ban worthy for me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-05-12 09:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they would remove the "You interrupt your aim" and animation lock altogether.

While I enjoy the new mechanic, it is quite annoying as well. Regardless i'ma keep playin around with it :p
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2021-05-13 01:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow that was such fast development.... lmao..

I thought this thread was to troll the development of Auto-Strafe... but the JPs just counter-trolled this thread in record time..

I guess we can say /thread ??... lol /gg to the JP?? .. lol