Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » Jailer of Faith - Question
Jailer of Faith - Question
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-10-27 16:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend is looking to get JoF smacked in the face, I was wondering if JOF is soloable by NIN or BLM? The only two jobs that, in my opinion, have a cat in hells chance of soloing it (that I personally have levelled).

I have: BLM75, BRD75, SAM75, NIN75, WHM75 and WAR75 with limited gear.

Any suggestions? Other than him sitting trying to find some mercs? XD All he wants is H2H, people have said they'll do, but the LS's don't do sea, so it's more a "spare of the moment" thing. He's had no luck getting it done over the past few months..
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-10-27 16:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/65679-jailer-faith-lowman-strat.html
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-10-27 21:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We did it with similar setups in that link. Used 2 mnk/nin backed up with brd 2rdm whm. Then some muled characters that were on either brd or whm. Used a Thf for TH because sea torques are a lie.

Good luck on your kill.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-27 21:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

SMNs can duo Faith.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-27 21:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
My friend is looking to get JoF smacked in the face, I was wondering if JOF is soloable by NIN or BLM? The only two jobs that, in my opinion, have a cat in hells chance of soloing it (that I personally have levelled).

I have: BLM75, BRD75, SAM75, NIN75, WHM75 and WAR75 with limited gear.

Any suggestions? Other than him sitting trying to find some mercs? XD All he wants is H2H, people have said they'll do, but the LS's don't do sea, so it's more a "spare of the moment" thing. He's had no luck getting it done over the past few months..

Quote:
BLM75, BRD75, SAM75, NIN75, WHM75 and WAR75 with limited gear.

Don't try. It just won't work, lol.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-28 12:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched 5-10 minutes of a couple of rdm's duo'ing faith, seriously impressive stuff. The cooperation and coordination required was amazing to bounce hate off each at just the right times. Can't imagine how long it would have taken them or how many deaths, but it was still pretty damn impressive to watch.
 Seraph.Helixx
Server: Seraph
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2009-10-28 12:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

solo i dont think so. Duo would require amazing teamwork/gear.

PLD/nin (wyrmal legs)
BRD
RDM
WHM
BLM

would be safest; the more BLM the faster it goes.

Other than that 2 RDM can duo, but than again, how much experience do you have and how is your coordination (ventrilo, plugins, etc.)

EDIT: Dont go with dual MNK unless the Monks are top notch. Tried it personally and got myself killed.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-28 12:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Jailer of Faith does move at Flee speed, but without movement gear its pretty easy to outrun him and his nukes as he does nuke frequently. You just have to be over 30' away for the spell to not land. When my shell fights it, I end up kiting a lot due to me spamming my nukes ;) Its rare for me to get hit with anything other than slowga if I'm its target.
 Bahamut.Rocha
Server: Bahamut
user: aaron3126
By Bahamut.Rocha 2009-10-28 12:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I have trio it with 1 blm 1 sch 1 rdm it's a hard fight and it takes alot of communication on bouncing hate heralds gaiters do help out alot to run out of range when faith casts breakga.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-28 12:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It can be duo'd with two RDM/NIN's, but usually I'm there as SMN to support/speed up the death. Sometimes we have BLM assistance sometimes not.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [479 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Mitsurughy
Server: Leviathan
user: EnricO
By Leviathan.Mitsurughy 2011-02-19 03:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How about this at 90?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-02-19 04:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

a bst soloed it i think at 90? but otherwise prolly an easy duo meleetank+ whm out of breakga range.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-02-19 05:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Easily duoed this at 90 as RDM/WHM and DNC/NIN a few times. Has poor accuracy, Addle helps with resisting spells and makes it very easy to interrupt them with melee/WS unless during Manafont. Quake 2 still hits pretty hard unresisted so Manafont can kind of suck. Could see this being easier with a trio of MNK BRD and a RDM or WHM. THF or NIN and a good WHM (I recommend Barspell/Shellra5 merits) could probably handle it duo as well. I prefer RDM because if ***hits the fan you can Gravity it and kite for a few, plus the perks of Addle. If your tank has some earth resist/MDB gear to switch into for spells even better but we managed to do without. Gravity starts to resist and wear off quickly after about 10 minutes of constant recasting so save it for emergencies and just straight tank it. Garuda is a beast on this, I'm no SMN but I believe two well geared SMNs may be able to duo this with Garuda with few problems.

The best advice I can give is bring a THF or a whole lot of patience and triggers if you're after a torque.
By diddsey 2011-02-19 05:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

as breyenn said bst can solo

dipper vs JoF...
 Leviathan.Mitsurughy
Server: Leviathan
user: EnricO
By Leviathan.Mitsurughy 2011-02-19 07:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Themuffingirl said:
shortened version

Thanks thats the answer i was looking for :)

/bow