Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Odyssey solo farming - best combinations
Odyssey solo farming - best combinations
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-01 02:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to gather and compile info from people about what they consider the most efficient way, or the easiest way, or the more relaxing way or whatever, favourite way about farming Odyssey completely solo.

Which job? Which sub? Which trusts? Special notes?
By SimonSes 2021-03-01 03:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU in B. Cruel joke one group, then go kill another, while waiting for cooldown. The cool thing about BLU solo beside Cruel joke is that you can Entomb links.

I would suggest KoH (let him phalanx II you before pull, ideally while having Phalanx received + gear on. It does it very fast to anyone who is currently tanking), Sylvie, healer, Joachim, Ulmia.

Sub can be whatever really. All have some advantages. If you struggling with pulling for Cruel joke, /PLD might be the best. Sentinel + PhalanxII + 50%PDT + Cocoon and you should take 0 damage for long enough to easily pull and sleep/entomb one or even two groups of mobs (use Sentinel when you have most mobs chasing you already and you are about to stop to sleep/entomb them. Dont use it too early because it decays over time).
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-01 04:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The Cruel Joke method should work in A too, right? Of course less Segments, but if someone wants to build moogle mastery in A, he could accept the compromise of less Segments to get some Mastery, I suppose.

Which spell combination would you use for an A/B pulling?
By SimonSes 2021-03-01 05:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
The Cruel Joke method should work in A too, right? Of course less Segments, but if someone wants to build moogle mastery in A, he could accept the compromise of less Segments to get some Mastery, I suppose.

Which spell combination would you use for an A/B pulling?

Entomb, cocoon. The rest is just regular DD setup.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-01 07:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

edited. Not enough coffee today.
By SimonSes 2021-03-01 07:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
We run with 2 setups in B and mostly result in 850-1.4m in gil at the end.

blu blu blu cor cor cor. enter with 3 reraise items from moogle and prebuff regen5/aquaveil/refresh (with tabula) from a sch using naturalist 11.

blu+cor combo starts on floor 1/3/6.

group1 does floor1/2 and meets group3 on either floor 3/4 depending on how much they could doom.

group6 works down from 6>5. Skipping the top floor of 5 until we all meet up and run towards the end.

cors are for randomdeal/wildcard/and meleeing mobs that doom misses on.

-----

our other setup is blm/blu/cor/cor/cor/whm. any healer works (rdm better). The entire group starts on 6>5(skiptoplevel)>4>3>6>5 and end at the top level on floor5. BLM can pull an entire floor, or break it up into 2 dooms. Either way you have 3 cors for RD/WC that get you unlimited dooms/manawalls.

This is the mule setup.

Odyssey solo farming - best combinations
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]
By Slowforever 2021-06-06 19:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

is thief best for A? Scales sell for more then hides on my server?