Omen Solo Farming Guide (Job Cards & S. Astral)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Omen Solo Farming Guide (Job cards & S. Astral)
Omen Solo Farming Guide (Job cards & S. Astral)
First Page 2
 Asura.Datsik
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-11-25 05:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen solo farming guide for job cards & astrals. All jobs!
Tips and tricks and whatnot.
Feel free to comment if you have any other tips for ppl getting into this.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By ksoze 2020-11-25 07:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, you are making some nice vids
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-11-25 08:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone summarize that into text? I don't want to watch the long vid.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-25 08:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Without watching it:

How to farm omen; Have TH, use healer trusts, kill mobs, don't die. (having autotarget on is very good advice! from the video)

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
[+]
By ksoze 2020-11-25 08:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

*slaps*
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-25 08:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean in all seriousness, I watched it, my summary is the tl;dr

How do you kill stuff? You kill stuff. No explanation needed. Do you need a tank? If you need a tank you need a tank, it's on you. Do you need TH? No, it's nice though. Have healers? Yeah. Hit the objectives you can hit? Of course. What else is there to say. Use food, bring meds, don't be bad at it.

You want a detailed paragraph on how to do a skillchain or how to hit 2k autoattack? Which trusts will MB? How to hit 30k magic attack on ~17/22 jobs
Spoiler; you can't. and no trust can.

(I'm not shitting on the video. I'm shitting on the people need a video on it)
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-11-25 08:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a detailed paragraph on how to make a cure500 macro. I know how to do it but I want a detailed paragraph on it anyway.
By ksoze 2020-11-25 08:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
I want a detailed paragraph on how to make a cure500 macro. I know how to do it but I want a detailed paragraph on it anyway.

*points to the door*
By SimonSes 2020-11-25 09:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean in all seriousness, I watched it, my summary is the tl;dr

How do you kill stuff? You kill stuff. No explanation needed. Do you need a tank? If you need a tank you need a tank, it's on you. Do you need TH? No, it's nice though. Have healers? Yeah. Hit the objectives you can hit? Of course. What else is there to say. Use food, bring meds, don't be bad at it.

You want a detailed paragraph on how to do a skillchain or how to hit 2k autoattack? Which trusts will MB? How to hit 30k magic attack on ~17/22 jobs
Spoiler; you can't. and no trust can.

(I'm not shitting on the video. I'm shitting on the people need a video on it)

I kinda agree, but you can in theory make video with some unique or specific strategies to farm it (that will probably be hard to follow for most people and be more like highlights than actuall guides). This video is not that. This video is really just telling you that you should hit objectives, wear TH and kill stuff lol (and use meds, because its better to be safe than sorry).
By RadialArcana 2020-11-25 09:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Videos like this are less about knowing what to do (although it is that too) and more about showing people they can do it. It's almost like a confidence boost thing.

It sounds dumb but when someone that has never done this before sees someone else doing it, it pushes them to try it more than reading a guide does.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-11-25 09:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Datsik said: »
Feel free to comment
make a text guide
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-25 09:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: Is this a true solo situation (solo with Trusts), or a multi-box situation?

Because there's a major difference between the two, namely how many cards and crystals you get per run.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Comment: Being an asshole
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-25 10:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you should write a guide on how to be a jerk then.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-25 10:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

How about some constructive criticism instead of trolling?

Isn't that too much to ask?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-11-25 10:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Seriously lol?

If you can't figure out how to "kill" monsters for drops there isn't anything more to say. This is the dumbest guide ever and you know it.

RadialArcana hit the nail on the head. I'll quote him since you missed it.

RadialArcana said: »
Videos like this are less about knowing what to do (although it is that too) and more about showing people they can do it. It's almost like a confidence boost thing.

It sounds dumb but when someone that has never done this before sees someone else doing it, it pushes them to try it more than reading a guide does.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-25 10:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing I will agree on is that a guide like this isn't really needed.

However, there is more to it than "just kill things lul" to it. Especially for certain jobs trying to get certain objectives in Omen.

The goal of farming cards in Omen isn't just to simply "just kill things lul" but to hit specific secondary objectives. If you go the "just kill things lul" route, you would be lucky to get 3 cards after 3 runs.

Honestly, it isn't hard to get 4 more people together and try to farm cards that way. Sure, you won't be able to get as many crystals as you want, but honestly, the best way to get crystals is W3 Dynamis, not through Omen.

You could have said all of the above and not look like an ***. You could have also just quoted Eiryl's 2nd post and still accomplish the same thing without being a complete troll. Instead, you have to sate your need to stoke your ego for whatever reason. Trust me, it's not helping you or anyone else at all.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-25 11:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Good for you.
By SimonSes 2020-11-25 11:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You might be right, but then he should probably do what Cloudchief do when that is his intention, which is doing stuff in easy to get ilvl 119 gear instead of his own hq gear. Datsik is doing it with Aeonic, Adhemar +1, af+3 body and head, 4 or 5 Malignance pieces, Epaminondas and other bis gear. I doubt that will encourage any new/returning player with NQ gear. He was on WAR in that video for a moment with more reasonable gear (some +1 and +2 stuff, tho still with several +1 abjuration and some +3 af/relic too), but only to showcase its death lol.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-25 13:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh. Not gonna hate on OP, I get the intent he was going for, which was showing others what to do. It did leave a lot out which could have been very helpful. I thought this video would have been one to cover all areas for each job. One of the most common questions people (myself) get asked are "How can I farm cards on _____ job?". Without going too much into detail, you can show strategies about how to clear objectives on different jobs, since you're more experienced and familiar with the content

i.e.
in this guide you were on THF and towards the beginning you had the "Melee Damage 2000" objective. one simple way to clear that on THF is to just use Sneak Attack. With most ilvl gear and weapon, you will almost always hit over 2k dmg on the entire attack round. The objective counts all multi-hit attacks for that round, but it has to be 2000+dmg for that one string of attacks. Something that also should have been mentioned is that monsters need to have at least the remaining HP available for the corresponding objective. You can't complete 2000 damage (or any damage) objective if the monster didn't have that remaining HP at the time the objective was completed. That would have been helpful to mention.

Something like Cure x500 can be easily accomplished by pulling 2 monsters, letting them hit you, and having 2-3 trusts cure bomb you over and over again. Or, you can create a simple gear swap macro that quickly drops your HP into yellow, and trusts will start healing you, which will complete the objective rather fast. Jobs like DRG can use their wyvern to heal themselves, THF's MUG counts as a cure so long as its over 500, but trusts healing each other does not count, so using a trust tank will cause you to often fail this objective.

Making a video like this on all jobs would take a very long time, but you could showcase a few strategies that translate to many jobs. There are also some objectives that certain jobs can never hit with any trust combination, and only certain jobs can hit if they are well-geared (NIN or PLD nuke objectives).

Just a little feedback.
[+]
 Asura.Datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-12-03 09:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
Dude, you are making some nice vids

Thank you! Trying to improve and go deeper and whatnot!
[+]
 Asura.Datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-12-03 09:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

THIS
And I know ppl have already touched on this subject, there are multiple videos about this one. I just highlighted the stuff they missed out pretty much. Also I leave stuff out on purpose, some stuff you just gotta explore for yourself. And I was lazy
 Asura.Datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-12-03 09:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Seriously lol?

If you can't figure out how to "kill" monsters for drops there isn't anything more to say. This is the dumbest guide ever and you know it.
This is one of the reasons why I do these kind of videos, bitter ppl that forgot that stuff can be confusing and daunting for someone that has not played this game for 200 years.
You can have your opinion thou, that is totally fine <3
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2020-12-03 12:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

endrium mad cause bad
[+]
 Asura.Datsik