Quadav Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-09-13 08:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

COR all the things I guess. < 2 min ambu VD with RUN GEO WHM COR COR COR.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-13 08:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Smn not being popular as healer is pretty obvious, its very active gameplay, with a lot of timing required, which means its super hard to multibox.

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Caturaes have strong AoEs like Interference or Malign Invocation and nasty debuffs but as soon you start stacking Attunement, Dark Carol, Valiance, Wind's Blessing, etc they become easy to handle and it's no longer required to spam Curaga/Cursna on melees like crazy.

You can also use DDs that can wear Malignance or other meva tp sets and then you can main heal even on thf/dnc lol

If DDs are willing to cooporate and drop their DPS a little swaping to hybrid tp sets then it opens up slot for many healers. There is still a lot of people who doesnt care tho and expect they can wear max tp sets all the time and WHM will always keep them alive droping cure bombs with cureskin and taking off debuffs immidietely. 99% SMNs wont be able to cure them and more than likely people in pug party will be like "yeah SMN is bad healer" instead of "this DD dont know how to adapt to different healer".
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-09-13 09:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's less that it's hard to multibox and more that it just takes a lot longer to do stuff and sometimes your pet can get CC'd or killed midaction. I remember main healing one run as SMN in Dynamis-Windurst and while it wasn't awful, there were a number of times I would go for Healing Ruby II or Soothing Ruby and Carbuncle would get stunned just as it was starting the animation and the spell would go on cooldown. Not to mention, a lot of the time I wanted Ramuh out to stunga anyway so I would either have to abandon the amazing stunga or miss out on Healing Ruby II/Soothing Ruby/etc if I want to respond instantly.

It really does depend heavily on what you're fighting and while it can be great, especially Soothing Ruby's awesome 6 erase/na, SMN's responsiveness compared to say WHM or SCH is fairly low. The healer's ability to react quickly is basically the most important aspect.

I can totally see it being viable in plenty of content though, and it is nice when you can use SMN for something other than Conduit burning but it's not really that surprising to see why it isn't used for the role that often.
 Shiva.Osborn
Server: Shiva
user: Osborn
By Shiva.Osborn 2020-09-13 18:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun fact- if you find yourself solo DD, for whatever reason, you can time your weaponskills to self SC during the TP move instead of just hitting one:

In this case my COR buddy accidentally died after BLM death, so got to mess around while he was weakened, but it died quick anyway.

Much fun, highly recommend killing your buddy and doing this instead.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-09-13 19:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
It's less that it's hard to multibox and more that it just takes a lot longer to do stuff and sometimes your pet can get CC'd or killed midaction. I remember main healing one run as SMN in Dynamis-Windurst and while it wasn't awful, there were a number of times I would go for Healing Ruby II or Soothing Ruby and Carbuncle would get stunned just as it was starting the animation and the spell would go on cooldown. Not to mention, a lot of the time I wanted Ramuh out to stunga anyway so I would either have to abandon the amazing stunga or miss out on Healing Ruby II/Soothing Ruby/etc if I want to respond instantly.

You really don't need Healing Ruby II and Soothing Ruby in Dynamis, Shock Squall is far more useful. Hastega II etc only between pulls, Perfect Defense melees when the wave 2 boss is at <70% (arguably the worst enemy and where healing on SMN can be a nightmare), wave 3 is easier because there are almost no AoE if you stun WARs, silence BLUs, etc.
 Sylph.Herbs
Server: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2020-09-13 19:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This dude is solin D Ambuscade without trust and we basically all suck.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-13 20:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Is he landing binds to keep mobs away?
 Sylph.Herbs
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2020-09-13 20:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah binds and grav, nukes the warriors due to retaliation i guess
By SimonSes 2020-09-15 12:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Is he landing binds to keep mobs away?

JP RDMs who solo D-VD Ambuscades abuse bind almost every month. Its fundament of their strategy to split mobs.

Speaking of..
Solo (with trusts) VD..

[+]
By soralin 2020-09-17 04:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So we got our Trio box strategy for Normal down solid, but then discovered a few big things seem to change when you go up to Difficult.

We are using the Silence the Elementalist, WS during Cure strat, which works great on Normal, however.

On difficult, it seems the boss has a third stage that happens when you do this, and its not being mentioned on the wiki page or the OP.

The Vicar will perform Benediction not just once, but twice during the fight if you dont kill the elementalist. Both occur at 50% and dont seem to be skippable unless you DPS like a madlad (Closest we got was getting the boss down to 5%)

The first benediction+Shell Defense summons the Elementalist as we know.

The second benediction + shell defense summons the Drk+Rdm, and it doesnt seem possible to skip this if you go the silence route.

Also, and here's the big thing we accidentally discovered.

If you silence the Drk or Rdm, it seems to make them also use Imperfect Shell Defense, which *** things up pretty bad. Im not 100% sure on this but it seems to be the case. Not great.

Im trying to tank all 4 quadav at once (Vicar/Blm/Drk/Rdm) but it gets pretty hairy, and I have not yet been able to succeffuly chew through both the Rdm and Drk, but Ill note if we figure out a way to do it.

But seems like its pretty tricky to do the Silence Blm strat, but my Cor doesnt have a nearly good enough Leaden Salute set yet so this seems like the stronger route.
By Draylo 2020-09-17 04:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

More like RDM is OP
[+]
By soralin 2020-09-17 04:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope nevermind, they use the Imperfect Shell Defense arbitrarily and I have literally no idea why, but it basically is a repeatable Invincible they can pop off whenever, I am not discerning any type of trigger for it.

Im not seeing any type of easy way to down the third phase adds, if anyone else knows how to down them, let me know, cause its all that seems to be in the way of being able to trio Difficult.
By soralin 2020-09-17 06:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also to note: The quadav's shell defense definitely does not go down when readying a move, despite what the OP and wiki posts state, Ive never once done a notable WS or hit while he is readying, and you can even see visually the shell does not go away when he uses TP moves.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-17 07:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think what yore mentioning is already said in old quadavs ambuscade threads.

Last i read, the third phase you need to deal different types of dmg or whatever.

Im sure just stopped reading given how much work it seemed. Killing elementalist seemed the way to go back when i did
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [557 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-28 07:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

April 2022 bump

CORallthethings.meme

This one can also probably be done in ~70 seconds (or less)

Quote:
Volume One features a couple of adjustments to lower the difficulty a touch, including increasing the delay between certain abilities and decreasing the rate at which adds spawn. Exact details will be forthcoming in the Version Update notes.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-03-28 11:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This will be... the third or fourth time they've attempted to fix this Ambuscade? lol

Here's hoping this might actually fix it. Last time this came around the MB could still glitch out and be stuck at 1% HP. Some fights, the MB's script broke it would stop acting entirely.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-03-28 15:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this the one you throw Trueflight and Leaden at it?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-28 15:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Is this the one you throw Trueflight and Leaden at it?

One of many, but yes this one is/was completely destroyed by leaden. don't know/recall tf effectiveness.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-03-28 18:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

3 easy months in a row, nice
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-04 00:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
This month’s Intense Ambuscade battle has undergone the following adjustments.

The Malice of Gu’Dha ability used by the Bozzetto High Vicar on Very Difficult has undergone the following adjustments.

The cooldown has been increased from 20 seconds to 30 seconds.
The maximum number of uses has been increased from 8 to 11.

The minimum amount of time it takes for the Bozzetto Berserker and Bozzetto Devour to spawn has been increased from 20s to 60s.

The intensity of the random weakness placed on the Bozzetto Disruptor and Bozzetto Defiler has been increased from 400% to 1,000%.

Nothing of any real note value or consequence
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2022-04-04 13:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So what's the job layout the month? I never did the original and 3x cor feels hard to fill for lol.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-04-04 13:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Rngx2 Corx2 healer tank

Run is done in like 3mins.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2022-04-04 14:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

idk many rngs. ;-;
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2022-04-04 14:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

War not work? xD
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-04 14:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't have to do it any particular way. It's just that's going to be the most common.

Perfectly fine to do it without taking the best possible setup.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-04-04 14:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea any dps works really. If doing melee way you would have to keep the blm alive so you don't get Petrify spam. Weaken the blm to like 10% which forces the boss to cast cure V on it.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-04-04 15:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lute solo VD on SAM

Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-04-04 16:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

While it's no VD solo, it does show how to easily farm this months run on Normal and is a strategy that should work for most jobs. Hope this helps some who haven't seen this one before.

[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-04-04 20:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Typical melee setup works just fine. No GEO needed. Just regular March/March/Minuet/Minuet/Samurai/Chaos Rolls.

WHM Divine Caress, Yagrush, and sit them over 20 and you don't need to do the "leave the BLM" alive thing.
By kinkanat 2022-04-05 03:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember doing this Ambu last time with my 4 friends, I think the strategy was: RUN RDM WHM COR BRD.

Pull boss and pop 2 adds, bind boss and kill adds fast, then attack boss and pop BLM, bind BLM and pull boss away (to lower shield) and kill boss, then kill blm and win.

Do you remember well? Do you see a good strategy? Would it be interesting to replace the WHM with Ygnas and bring another DD?