FOR FUN ONLY! NIN/various /ra What Options?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » FOR FUN ONLY! NIN/various /ra what options?
FOR FUN ONLY! NIN/various /ra what options?
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-04 17:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, just for the hell of it was wondering what the best possible build is we can make with the one and only ilvl gun that I can find that we can equip?

I will scour a little and see what kind of set I can come up with, but just curious.

Couple items pop into mind that could be useful, Gokotai with it's regain.

The Ambu bow is interesting in the fact it gives a WS independant of sub job.

Maybe if anyone has builds for straight non-sange shurikan throwing? For TP gain and then diving into the wash to unload a Katana or close ranged WS?

Main reason I ask is because ninja doesn't have a whole lot of stand back type of back line damage/TP building aside from elemental wheel. But potentially we could for situational fights.

Yes YEss I know get a COR duh, but, I wanna know what potential builds one could go for if a ninja were inclined?
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2020-09-04 18:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably amb bow + malig gear? alot of STP and racc. I cant think of anything off the top of my head. I remember being silly w/ exalted bow for fun and the thunder elemental gun but thats about it
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-04 18:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This is funny because I was on red mage last night looking at my Ullr seriously contemplating "how can I make this work on ninja?"

I really have nothing else to do on this job since they refuse to adjust it. Might as well.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2020-09-04 20:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 375209
Didnt really care to think about herc augs and stuff but just messed around and made this.
The Kikoku is mandatory though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-11 17:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Does snap shot and flurry apply to shuriken throwing? (not sange or dakken throwing)
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-11 17:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This came to mind:

YouTube Video Placeholder

(...and I see, in the title, that this is for fun only... which is the way the above video clip is intended).
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-11 17:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, i am hoping for a little real conversation on the topic, but mainly I wanna try some ranged damage options on NIN, for fun.

(I didn't watch the clip, doing my damnedest to try and remember exactly which Jurassic Park I scene that is, from memory, for fun ^^)
By Nariont 2020-09-11 17:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Does snap shot and flurry apply to shuriken throwing? (not sange or dakken throwing)

it applies to tathlums that i threw on mnk to pull in omen in my non-cor specific snapshot gear, i dont see why shurikens would be exempt
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-11 17:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »

it applies to tathlums that i threw on mnk to pull in omen in my non-cor specific snapshot gear, i dont see why shurikens would be exempt
cool good to know.

The way I see it only really 3 Scenarios for physicial/hybrid damaged from afar.

Ambu Bow, (wondering about which arrows to go for, sub job, is it a hybrid? etc)

The iLVL Ramuh gun, has I believe TP bonus, would need certain subs for access to WSs, also wondering about ammo. I am sure TP building gear in these two situations would be similar.

Third option would be shuriken throwing for TP gain, then dive in with full shadows to try and SC with maybe a "real" tank that can handle the wash.

Main reason I see these as possible viabilities are some low man content, where one could stand in more as a distant DD/support role, VS tank/front line melee (when it isnt viable)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-11 17:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Just sub blm
No TP gain from the wheel, or am i wrong and completely oblivious? It's been known to happen on occasion.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-11 17:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Legit I feel, the reason they aren't updating NIN, is that we still haven't quite figured out what it's max potential could be once we branch away from the /war melee only mentality that we have fallen back on for, forever.

I bet there are a lot more /mage builds we could be reevaluating in this day and age also, we have TONs more casting and MAB/MACC gear than in the past.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-11 18:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
I'm sure with the right build /blm or /rdm could be a pretty decent damage output. A self skillchain and mb set would be interesting to test.

/rdm has a lot of strength i think. Not so much for its spells set, but it's job traits has good stuff. phalanx/stoneskin/haste/regen are all sort of meh, from a solo stand point even, you have trusts that do that. But, aquaveil is pretty nice for utsu, FC, flash, an emergency self cure. and the wheel.

THe problem with the wheel, is getting non futae nuke spam to be, on par let's say, with at least an average DPS ranger.

I think ninja has huge uses in multiple mob battles where being able to just hold a few key annoying parts(mobs) of that fight can be very helpful to the main group, this is more of an alliance level sort of scenario.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-11 20:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja us already an alright nuke job. Interesting with as much as they prioritize ninjutsu and damage as part of the job, ninja has no magic attack bonus native job traits. It's heavily dependent on buffs and gear. It could easily be on par with a black mage nuker, and that would be a problem. I believe that's why they won't fully invest in ninjutsu damage completely.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-09-11 20:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i just wanna be able to throw bomb cores again. /shrug