F In Chat For Mixer

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » F in chat for Mixer
F in chat for Mixer
By Shichishito 2020-06-23 01:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

what ppl find interesting about live streaming is beyond me. give me a fastforward/rewind button or gtfo.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-23 02:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zerowone said: »
Can it Boomer :P

Wanting to partner with Facebook in any way is the "Boomer" in this equation. It's like wanting to partner with myspace or geocities.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-23 02:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Can it Boomer :P

Wanting to partner with Facebook in any way is the "Boomer" in this equation. It's like wanting to partner with myspace or geocities.
DAMMIT! I've been trying to come up with a facebook=myspace reference! Very good, Mr. Aeonova
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-23 02:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want AIM and AOL chattooms back.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-23 02:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I just want AIM and AOL chattooms back.

Not exactly sure if this is sarcasm.

[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-23 02:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Let’s take it back to CompuServe and Netscape 4.0
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-23 10:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem today is people get used to a platform and simply will not swap no matter what they do, this leads to a total monopoly. If Microsoft could not do it, nobody can.

Imo they should make new laws to force these core companies into a backbone supplier system, so other 3rd party companies can offer customized UI, customized content etc services of the platform to users. Twitter, google, youtube, twitch etc just offer their platform to other companies who then supply the end users. This would allow anything goes on all the platforms with almost no restrictions and the 3rd party companies offer users the experience they want.

Google, Twitch etc would only make the money they can charge 3rd party companies and so want as many different ones as possible. The 3rd party companies make their money from ads, subscriptions or whatever.

Pretty much how the electric / telephone systems work.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-23 14:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-06-23 15:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean the big problem with trying to make a competitor to twitch/youtube/twitter/etc is you need to pull a ton of people who already post to those platforms in order to compete.

Just using Twitch as an example, most people have a handful of streams they actively watch. If one of those streamers leaves to stream on Mixer or FB, most of their viewers won't care. They won't actively be like where's XxX_1337Gamer_XxX, they'll just watch one of the other streamers that they follow. So sure you have XxX_1337Gamer_XxX but you don't have his viewers and they're the important part. And, of course, none of the platforms are going to willingly do something like enable cross site hosts since they want to keep everyone in their system. If Mixer lets you host Twitch but Twitch doesn't allow the opposite, that only hurts mixer.

The only way I can really see stuff working nicely with all the platforms is for things to be federated. But I don't think laws can properly do that. Stuff just moves so damn fast in 6 months one company would probably make something that just obsoletes whatever legal solution people come up with.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-23 20:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Channel Awesome and several others have tried to unite content creators but due to human greed, failures, and burn out (and throw in some illegal activities) and those groups all end up dying (or on an ongoing life support trying to keep doing the same old things even though they are all 15 years older than when they started).

I don't watch streamers at all, but produced videos with edits and such (and the off-screen talent making images and doing edits) are basically a similar animal.

This won't really change much, in the end. The same people in power will keep promoting people at the top (unless they have to slap them on the wrist for any scandal).

This guy (who I highly recommend) has a decent take on the situation.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2020-06-24 00:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Gundam, idc what Poki says.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-06-24 03:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The internet...

Is not a big truck...

It's a series of tubes

Tangled up tubes!
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-24 03:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss the internet when it was just a series of tubes.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-23 16:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Mixer officially toast.

By Sidiov 2020-07-24 14:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Let’s take it back to CompuServe and Netscape 4.0
I am curious how many people here used gopher.
[+]