Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Orc Ambuscade V1
Orc Ambuscade V1
By Afania 2020-04-10 10:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't Minuets/Madrigals on all -> dummy on all -> Marches on all ->
Pianissimo ballad III on WHM the fastest? Ive never seen GEO asking for ballad and BRD typically DD. Only WHM needs ballad and isnt it faster to Pianissimo 1 song?

I rarely need more than 1 ballad on WHM and I cureskin VERY aggressively, often use C4/5 on DD in dangerous fights so they never need to use DT sets. So I don't think 2 ballads are necessary on mages. 1 is enough IMO.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-04-10 10:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, I rarely Ballad at all anymore, lol. Was just a recommendation for people that want them.
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2020-04-10 10:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Spamming dispelga might drain MP at a faster rate than anticipated, depending on how many times they like to rebuff themselves.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-15 18:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really relevant information but after he start spamming Veil of Disarray he becomes almost locked on it. So, he stops glowing and stop charming too.

Acc to hit it on VD is 1400 ish. Watchout with blindga casted by pet.
By Aerix 2020-04-17 23:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but it seems nearly impossible to resist the Charm from the Tamer's Fanatic's Dance unless I was doing something wrong with regard to the element.

Tested it with RUN using Su3+1/AF+3/Neck+2/Accessories, Miso+1, 3xTenebrae, 2x Carol, Pflug, Idris Vex and Entrust Attunement. Got hit by a 2 min Charm multiple times, not even a single half-duration one. It's also definitely not gaze-based.
 Asura.Chanter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chanter 2020-04-18 00:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry i deleted my post cause i misread the previous post about resisting charm from tamer.
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2020-04-18 00:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend managed to somehow resist the Tamer's charm on his 0JP run and Inyanga+2 brd. Unfortunately, I killed him with Tizona aftermath before he could react. I'm not sure how he managed to resist since it sounds like he had much less magic evasion, but it probably would've been better if he was charmed.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-18 02:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Isnt the charm from BST mobs like a SP? IIRC, even on old dyna you could get charmed for BST fodders. I suppose those charms arent elemental so cant be resist by magic evasion.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-04-18 10:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Resisting Charm is always done with increasing Light resistance.

Fenrir.Svens said: »
My friend managed to somehow resist the Tamer's charm on his 0JP run
RUN gets Tenacity, a "resist all" trait which many people forget about. 15% from level 99 RUN.
Tenacity is the reason why when looking at resist/magic evasion, how many procs are Tenacity procs or from Magic evasion/Runes.
Tenacity can resist Terror, unlike any other gear aspect, Magic evasion etc. Magic evasion loweres the timer that terror lands if you "partially resist it", but Tenacity will flat out fully resist it. Good test is Kirin/Kouryu.
By SimonSes 2020-04-18 12:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Resisting Charm is always done with increasing Light resistance.

Fenrir.Svens said: »
My friend managed to somehow resist the Tamer's charm on his 0JP run
RUN gets Tenacity, a "resist all" trait which many people forget about. 15% from level 99 RUN.
Tenacity is the reason why when looking at resist/magic evasion, how many procs are Tenacity procs or from Magic evasion/Runes.
Tenacity can resist Terror, unlike any other gear aspect, Magic evasion etc. Magic evasion loweres the timer that terror lands if you "partially resist it", but Tenacity will flat out fully resist it. Good test is Kirin/Kouryu.

Isnt tanacity just resist all the same as the one on gear like staunch tathlum. Also isnt pflug the same too? Then isnt all that half effective on NM?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-04-18 12:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Isnt tanacity just resist all the same as the one on gear like staunch tathlum. Also isnt pflug the same too? Then isnt all that half effective on NM?

I don't think Tenacity is the same as those types of resist all. I find Tenacity's proc to happen quite often so I personally don't believe it is halved on NMs due to how frequent I see it. But I don't have hard numbers/resist rates.

Didn't see your comment about Pflug. But Pflug is havled on NMs, yes. So the 30% resist rate for 3 runes is 15% for NMs. But I do feel like Tenacity is calculated differently from the rest of the magic evasion/resist procs.
By SimonSes 2020-04-18 13:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »

I don't think Tenacity is the same as those types of resist all. I find Tenacity's proc to happen quite often so I personally don't believe it is halved on NMs due to how frequent I see it. But I don't have hard numbers/resist rates.

Didn't see your comment about Pflug. But Pflug is havled on NMs, yes. So the 30% resist rate for 3 runes is 15% for NMs. But I do feel like Tenacity is calculated differently from the rest of the magic evasion/resist procs.

Worth to test then. Also I think its up to 42%(21%) from pflug with gear?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-04-18 14:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth to test then. Also I think its up to 42%(21%) from pflug with gear?

Testing Tenacity will take AGESSSSS lol, hard to test on TP moves, but easier on spells, but time consuming.

TP moves don't come up as "Resist!" procs, which is weird, but spells do.

And assuming 5/5 merits and +3 AF feet, yes.
Edit: No about Pflug, I just realised and agreed because Idk why.
5/5 merits puts it at 15% per rune, then AF +3 feet put that to 19% per rune.
19% per rune * 3 = 57
57 / 2 = 28.5
So by SE logic that should mean Pflug is 28% with max gear/runes ,no?
Pls tell me if I butchered that forumla up.
By SimonSes 2020-04-18 14:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You are right I just dont play RUN, so I just saw gear, but missed merits.

Are you sure about that tp moves? Im pretyy sure its a reverse situation of blu magic add effect not being shown on damage spells (for example def down not shown on tenebral crush and stun on sudden lunge), but on non damage spells you get the notification and same seems to be true for mobs tp moves. At least I remember seeing resist paralyze msg on Roar from tigers in omen (that was from resist paralyze on gear tho, so maybe tanacity resist msg has different mechanic, but i doubt it).
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-04-18 15:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure about that tp moves?

When you mentioned Roar from Tigers, I do seem to recall that tbh. So maybe it only is only status effect only moves, not sure. I'll test as much as I can.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1113 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-06 06:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple days out bump. No changes, Orcs are one of the simplest fights. Silence/Dispel dread spikes, mash your favorite ws macro from behind (giggity)
60 second clears.

Mo' Money
[+]
By Aurone 2023-05-11 17:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue mage can solo VD this month rather easely.

Buff up > call trusts (need a tank and mages to keep it alive)> run to the center and entomb them > engage the boss > melee it from behind > weapon skill it from behind when it puts the aura up and keep using entomb on cool down.

When the trusts die (happened to mine), use sanquine blade to wear the bosses remaining HP down. Physical weapon skills seemed to do less than 1k damage from the front.

It took me bit over 20min kill but I actually only went in to check if entomb landed reliably and to see how much damage it's doing.

Happy hunting
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2023-05-11 19:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Who ever wrote the "Cleave" guide on BG wiki is a *** idiot. *rant off*

"Kill the hecteyes with one spell to avoid AoE enfeeble ***."

If you kill the hecteyes, the beastmaster can use "Fanatic Dance" which is an AoE charm move. I have seen it several times in multiple runs. There was a video a party member watched on youtube (another guide) that says the hecteyes needs to be kept alive.

BIIIIIIG cravat on ANY strat, let alone an AoE strat. The BST will spam fanatic dance as a regular TP move, need to keep the hecteyes alive.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-05-11 20:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, If you're spamming Floe > Anvil > Entomb you shouldnt be running into issues... everything but the RDM was dead within a few spells no issues in multiple runs.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-05-11 22:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii said: »

If you kill the hecteyes, the beastmaster can use "Fanatic Dance" which is an AoE charm move. I have seen it several times in multiple runs. There was a video a party member watched on youtube (another guide) that says the hecteyes needs to be kept alive.

BIIIIIIG cravat on ANY strat, let alone an AoE strat. The BST will spam fanatic dance as a regular TP move, need to keep the hecteyes alive.
I guess I am a *** idiot then. We cleared it doing AoE and murdering the Hecteyes pet with no issue for multiple runs. At no point did we ever experience AoE Charm TP move spam. Assuming they all use their own job-respective SPs, then you would expect to see single-target Charm, but we also did not see it with this strategy. Between Entomb and Horde Lullaby, the mobs don't get a lot of opportunity to do anything, not to mention how fast you kill. But BG is a community source, so feel free to upload your own successful strategy as well.
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2023-05-11 22:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »

I guess I am a *** idiot then. We cleared it doing AoE and murdering the Hecteyes pet with no issue for multiple runs. At no point did we ever experience AoE Charm TP move spam. Assuming they all use their own job-respective SPs, then you would expect to see single-target Charm, but we also did not see it with this strategy. Between Entomb and Horde Lullaby, the mobs don't get a lot of opportunity to do anything, not to mention how fast you kill. But BG is a community source, so feel free to upload your own successful strategy as well.

Just frustrated that I had a group that was a little . . . undergeared (I had to be the tank, no COR, no idris GEO, no rema THF and SAM), people kept dying, I kept getting charmed, one of the party members had to run around like it a Benny Hill chase scene (complete with Yakety Sax playing in the background), then someone looked up a video on youtube that made a point "don't kill the hecteyes pet, or the BST will be able to use an AoE charm move as a regular TP move", and no one knew this was a thing.

Kill the BST before you kill the pet, and it's fine, he won't do a charmga move. But if you kill the pet before you kill the Tamer, he gets pissed off and can charm you.

Was frustrating. I apologize.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-12 02:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The kill them before they kill you strategy always work untill they dont.

After that point, then maybe people need gimmicks more carefully explained
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-05-12 03:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
The kill them before they kill you strategy always work untill they dont.

After that point, then maybe people need gimmicks more carefully explained

This is true. Gimmicks need to explained. Sometimes, you want to keep the pet alive when fighting a BST (and others you don't, like AA Mithra's Mandy pet when it first came out).
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-05-12 08:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »

Just frustrated that I had a group that was a little . . . undergeared (I had to be the tank, no COR, no idris GEO, no rema THF and SAM), people kept dying, I kept getting charmed, one of the party members had to run around like it a Benny Hill chase scene (complete with Yakety Sax playing in the background), then someone looked up a video on youtube that made a point "don't kill the hecteyes pet, or the BST will be able to use an AoE charm move as a regular TP move", and no one knew this was a thing.

Kill the BST before you kill the pet, and it's fine, he won't do a charmga move. But if you kill the pet before you kill the Tamer, he gets pissed off and can charm you.

Was frustrating. I apologize.
It's all good man. Sounds like the group and its composition wasn't suited for AoE anyways. But I honestly did not knowremember that the BST uses that TP move if the pet is killed. The Wiki page for Orc Ambuscade was/is surprisingly barren especially considering that we had it for two months straight, so I was just trying to get some sort of fresh information out there. If nobody else gets to it, I'll add this info and make the caveats in the strategy that there is risk of Charm occurring if the Orcs don't remain stunlocked.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-05-12 08:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Guide has been updated with charm potential warning already.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]