Orc Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4
By tyalangan 2020-04-03 11:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Last thread:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52166/ambuscade-v1-april-2018/6/

BG Ambuscade page:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Ambuscade

RDM Solo D (shows mechanics and how to counter, -enmity gear at end of video)
https://youtu.be/A2AYYDvB_bU

Key notes:
  • KI: Jugner Foreste (S) Survival Guide

• Monsters will take double damage during their Two-Hour abilities.

• Bozzetto Bozzetto Crusader:

Uses the following TP Moves:

Manic Dance: Magical Damage Element: Light Single target Charm. May be resisted.
    Veil of Chaos: Magical Damage Element: Light damage + knockback + Amnesia. Resets hate.
    Veil of Disaray: Used under 25%, Magical Damage Element: Light damage + stun. Resets hate.
    Move: Effect

Bozzetto Warlock:

Chainspell
    can also cast Death; likes to cast Sleepga I/II

Bozzetto Pugilist:

Hundred Fists

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Extremely easy month, just don't get your *** pounded by counters. melee, watch for counters, break aura with back ws or get charmed (pretty easy to resist in current meva, I'll bet)

Ruaumoko said: »
Adventurer's Dirge being at max power now will make this stupidly simple.
[+]
 Sylph.Saviour
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Saviour 2020-04-03 12:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I just returned to the game, am wondering what adventurer's dirge will help?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-03 12:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really nice for keeping DPS below hate cap.
By Wotasu 2020-04-03 12:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Also dont kill the Tamers pet before you kill the Tamer.
 Asura.Aburaage
Server: Asura
By Asura.Aburaage 2020-04-03 14:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tanked a few VD runs, didn't really need dirge for dd, the big aoe is hate reset all i needed to do was foil.
[+]
By ksoze 2020-04-03 14:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

@tyalangan thanks for posting compiled info for this month.

btw i don't really understand how that video shows -enmity, can you read japanese?
 Bahamut.Khimeria
Server: Bahamut
user: khimeria
By Bahamut.Khimeria 2020-04-04 22:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve given it a go on normal on rdm and I’m struggling a little with crowd control. I see Kaagan is binding the Mega Boss at the beginning. Is he stymieing it to get such a long duration on bind or am I missing something/do I massively need to overhaul my bind duration set. Mine is lasting a substantially shorter period of time and I’d consider my enfeeble set almost complete. Should I be focusing on duration (empyrean for then composure/regal hands/kishar ring?)
By tyalangan 2020-04-05 05:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
@tyalangan thanks for posting compiled info for this month.

btw i don't really understand how that video shows -enmity, can you read japanese?

Yeah, no problem!

At the very end of the video he shows his TP gear. He uses the DI Ygnvi Earring (neck with enmity decay) and the Legion earring Cytherea Pearl (-20 ENM in Legion).

Bahamut.Khimeria said: »
I’ve given it a go on normal on rdm and I’m struggling a littleswith crowd control. I see Kaagan is binding the Mega Boss at the beginning. Is he stymieing... Should I be focusing on duration (empyrean for then composure/regal hands/kishar ring?)

I only see Saboteur so I would assume duration gear. It looks like his Bind lasts 2:20 on the MB before he reapplies if that helps give you a gauge.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By missdivine 2020-04-05 07:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest Ambu ever
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-04-05 07:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring back Sahagins.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-05 08:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aburaage said: »
Tanked a few VD runs, didn't really need dirge for dd, the big aoe is hate reset all i needed to do was foil.
DirectX said: »
Last time round I was joining groups that were mostly using RUN but this time people are using and shouting for PLD. What changed?

No clue, ran into a couple of groups that tried using PLD, the PLDs themselves were actually very well geared, full DT/Enmity, Burtgang. But Hate reset was a major problem. It also didnt help that the WHM would always stand out of physical AoE range so every time boss did the move, it RAN over and turned into a wacky mess those couple of times we used PLD.

Not saying PLD cant do it, it should be fine, just saying that PLD might have a rough go at this with Reset spam unless he subs BLU and alternates his hate tags to try and compensate.

Edit:
about 100,000 points in on this already and some observations.

For some reason, shouts like to use Tank, WHM, BRD, COR-Melee, DDx2-SAM usually requested.
The best success I've had (3minute fights, around 4-5min total in zone) was Tank, WHM, BRD, COR-Melee, GEO, DD(WAR, SAM, MNK, Anything strong will work)
The groups that bring only COR and BRD, you'll only get your pDIF to somewhere around Half? of cap? vs using a GEO which will typically guarantee capped or near-capped.

COR stays on boss's back and holds TP til it starts glowing then WSs it, actual WS doesn't matter it just has to hit.

DD pulls and picks apart the lesser mobs. Usually Warlock > Duelist > Reaver > Tamer > Pugilist > Pet > Boss.

Warlock engage freely, kill without mercy. With GEO, should die in as little as 2 WS + Skillchain or 3 WS/Chain tops. 3-4 if no GEO, actually really easy if SAM/MNK/WAR and you get the mob to yourself so you can 4-Step.

Duelist LOVES Shock Spikes, and it will stun you almost every time even in full Kenda so I recommend engaging the boss or one of the other Lessers to use as a TP battery while you Multi-Step or Spam to kill Duelist.

Reaver Loves Dread Spikes so do the exact same thing as Duelist, TP feed on something else and WS this. Simple solution to an annoying spike problem instead of waiting for the BRD to finale.

Tamer is a joke as long as the pet is out and asleep. Just kill it.

Pugilist same as Tamer BUT it hits hard so put on Hybrid or DT set as soon as you notice you've pulled hate. MANY DDs have been eating dirt because they forget their basic survival instincts here.

Pet should die in 1 WS, it only has like 12-15,000 HP in VD.

Boss, just stay on it's back as much as possible but be ready to move into a Cross-Formation when it starts trying to spam hate reset or you just flat out pull hate that way you dont accidentally mpk your partners through a split second counter. Hybrid sets advised for this reason unless your HP is completely topped off.

all the TP attacks of the orcs hit harder than one might expect in this Ambusc so if your HP is low, put on DT. Lest you get taken by surprise and killed by a simple Battle Dance for 600 Damage lol
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-04-05 08:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Handling hate reset is as simple as Flashing the boss. I can't see any reason why people don't do that. It's not reset on all mobs, only the boss. Flash as soon as it pops up in chat log and boss never moves.

Good gear does not mean tanks aren't HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-05 08:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Good gear does not mean tanks aren't HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Obviously, just stating observation in response to the question.

The hate reset is more about being attentive than what tank job you're on I think. I have seen some really slow people who didn't even seem to realise it is hate reset and others that were ready every time.

Agreed. The 3 PLDs we ran into probably just weren't paying full attention or something or trying to spam everything at all times causing them to not have anything available AT ALL when Resets started flying.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-05 08:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

As a general rule assume no one knows what anything does in ambuscades. If you don't tell them (everything) they know nothing. Even normal legion enmity rules.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-04-05 08:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
As a general rule assume no one knows what anything does in ambuscades. If you don't tell them (everything) they know nothing. Even normal legion enmity rules.

I'm on Asura my friend. No one knows anything except REMA ONLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Edit: I forgot the most important part:
MAXXXXXX RANK R15 YAGRUSH, R99 DD REMA GEAR
By SimonSes 2020-04-06 07:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU AoE everything with MNK and RUN on main boss.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By malakef 2020-04-06 07:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They so weak I’m sure you could do that with any decent AOE. Hell SAM with sonic thrust might be faster.

Post deleted by User.
By malakef 2020-04-06 08:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The warlock has maybe 130k ish. (complete guess). I did a 99k WS right at start once but it didn’t die had a bit left. Mnk would have more obviously so just use it for primary target and tp build then AOE away.
By SimonSes 2020-04-06 08:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe, but BLU has several advantage that make him way better for this.

1. Magic damage is lass hate, so its easier for BLU to not get hate
2. You dont need to position to hit with blu AoE. Range is huge and it's a circle, not a very narrow rectangle.
3. Every AoE has a very good additional effect that make this way simpler. All mobs are getting stunned, terrored, petrified back to back and have -20% attack down on them. I bet that helps a lot when most of them 1hr at the same time eventually.
4. They are getting hit by around 20-40k damage per cast. You can probably match that with SAM spamming Sonic, but probably you wont beat it and you wont have all above benefits.

It actually opens up a potential for some lowman, because BLU can probably tank boss while keeping Adds petrified and doing damage to them at the same time.
By malakef 2020-04-06 08:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

He already did a video of him trioing it with trusts in VD using basically the same principle of BlU aoe.

And most of those points just won’t matter for a good group. Point though was really that any DD with a strong AOE could do this because it’s such an easy Ambu and they are stupidly weak.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-04-06 08:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be fine without Mighty Guard. I'd probably use Unbridled on Tearing Gust instead.
By SimonSes 2020-04-06 08:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

malakef said: »
He already did a video of him trioing it with trusts in VD using basically the same principle of BlU aoe.

And most of those points just won’t matter for a good group. Point though was really that any DD with a strong AOE could do this because it’s such an easy Ambu and they are stupidly weak.

Oh I missed that video, but... he actually soloed VD on BLU, not trioed.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-06 08:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time round I was joining groups that were mostly using RUN but this time people are using and shouting for PLD. What changed?

Pld has AoE cures, which gives RDM easier time enfeebling while refresh gives pld the ability to spam cures to keep themselves/everyone topped up and generates enough enmity to keep the mob on you. Plus you can literally just super tank everything without sleeps if you really feel like it.

Also good to mention that the main boss uses invincible multiple times, so a RUN's damage isnt really worth as much given youre forced to wait out checkpoints and need a 2nd DD on it anyway.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-04-06 09:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

How are you guys avoiding the charm on D/VD?

I can get the adds down no problem, then my blu gets charmed and smokes my party lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-06 09:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

All it takes is one ws to negate charm

Aura up > aoe > aoe > charm

After Aura up, a back ws resets the cycle
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-06 10:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
How are you guys avoiding the charm on D/VD?

I can get the adds down no problem, then my blu gets charmed and smokes my party lol.

Dont kill bst pet until bst is dead, and reset the aura on the main boss when it goes up (generally leave tank + 1 DD on main boss full time for this reason)
First Page 2 3 4