Sagitta for fresh mastered MNK
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-11-14 10:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally think it's the best weapon outside of R15 godhands or R15 vere for almost any situation.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-14 10:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't. Waste of money and effort. Just went over this last month and the month before and the month before.
 Bismarck.Casnik
Server: Bismarck
user: Casnik
By Bismarck.Casnik 2019-11-14 11:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I wouldn't. Waste of money and effort. I just went over this last month and the month before and the month before.

Well, MNK has changed again just recently and I really do apologize if I didn't read 300 pages of the MNK post. I figured I could just ask this one question and it be ok with the community.

Aside from that link me or give me a short answer to your opinion and I'll be forever grateful.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-14 11:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Buy it now cuz that price spike is coming soon
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-14 11:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have 220m to waste on something you'll only use until you finish a godhands and/or vere. Go for it.

But it would be wiser to just buy a godhands and r15 it for the same price give or take. Or put that 220 into vere. Skip the stopgap.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-14 11:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really worth the gil if you are going to make something better, but I don't think they're as garbage as everyone else does.

I have R15 spharai, R15 godhands, R25 sagitta A on all my mnks and I still find myself using Sagitta most of the time for dumb ***like Omen and Lilith. The extra HP and DT lets me be lazier with my mages, and I don't really notice a speed difference. If I had full malignance and vereth, I probably wouldn't ever use them though.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-14 11:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have 220m to waste on something you'll only use until you finish a godhands and/or vere. Go for it.

But it would be wiser to just buy a godhands and r15 it for the same price give or take. Or put that 220 into vere. Skip the stopgap.

This^
He beat me to it.
Sargita is only a little bit ahead of Karambit so... Why?? Lol at this point, EMA are the only meaningful upgrades you can make.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-14 11:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So don't pay that lol. Other people do 500k a bud. Or get 50 buds for free when they finally redo login.

You don't have to go full panic mode you can skip a bandwagon. If you NEED a monk weapon RIGHT NOW. It's still better to skip sagitta and have godhands merced for 100ish
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-11-14 11:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

OP already has Karambit. He could easily just wait until the next Empy login campaign. Those are a fine stop-gap weapon, better than dropping the gil on su5 IMO. Godhands are great since they are "free" but if you don't have the ability to clear HELMs then I'd just wait and do empyrean.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-14 11:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Free* yes. They just give it away for logging in. Need to have 15 mules... but yeah you might already for bonanza and dm and mars orbs.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-14 11:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

you might already for bonanza and dm and mars orbs.
Wut

I mean who the hell has 16 level 99 characters on the same account with access to Reisenjima and level 99 to exploit all the things you mentioned?
I mean I can imagine someone achieving that but I certainly wouldn't go as far as to claim it's something common?

For the Login/Abyssea thing you don't require any of that, but you need to activate those characters 1 month in advance, if they're new, so we're talking about 30$ to get ~45ish items.
With that amount of money you could probably play mercs with way less hassle, but to each his own I'd imagine.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-11-14 12:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Wait, what? You get 50 free items? Without duping??

Dollar mules, or in my case i have crafting/storage mules for all my hoarding. But at 2-3 char you can save a lot of time/gil. I did Glavoid shells last campaign for my twash I'll never finish myself. Just get your 2-3/char and dbox em all to your main
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-14 13:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
For the Login/Abyssea thing you don't require any of that, but you need to activate those characters 1 month in advance, if they're new, so we're talking about 30$ to get ~45ish items.
With that amount of money you could probably play mercs with way less hassle, but to each his own I'd imagine.

If we're talking about working on one specific Empy weapon, yeah, I agree that's a decent bit of work that might not be justified.

But as an overall benefit? Having extra characters for $1 a month is seriously the best RMT you can get. I turn mine on and off, and reactivate when there is valuable login stuff. Millions of gil from SP keys, mog pells (+1 skirmish stone stacks were really good money in the past), sellables/upgrade items (Delve boss drops), etc. I also got basically everything of value from UNM from Unity Dial, stacks of unity items (all the Ru'Aun pops you could ever want), R/E gear, I got my KB pops for D.Ring from mule login points, etc. I don't bother activating mules just for Mog Bonanza, but I do occasionally buy marbles with them and have had many Rank 3~4 prizes.

Certainly do not mind having obtained 50 Glavoid Shells/Chloris Buds/Itz Scales, 75 Apademak Horns, etc.

I don't keep the mule army active all the time, but I'll re-activate when it's worthwhile - or use em for free login campaigns like right now (I've obtained several valuable Divergence voids/shards this week from the mules during free login time). And I would maintain at least 2 storage mules anyway, so we're talking up to another $13/month.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-14 13:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Having extra characters for $1 a month is seriously the best RMT you can get.

I'm not saying this is wrong, but you're not counting how long it takes to log through all of them every single day and how much gil(or chloris buds) you could've made doing something else during that timeframe.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-14 13:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

We need a lua that logs in, waits 30 seconds and logs out each account!

I HATE doing it, even for something worth more than money, like chloris buds, but it beats the ***out of farming chloris, by miles.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-14 13:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So I understand the angle in having 16 characters for login points/orbs/bonanza etc, but how is paying an extra 15$(?) any different from just buying the gil and shouting to buy the mats directly? You would certainly get your items much much faster, and you don't have to do any work like logging in daily.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-14 14:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

RMTing from square is legal.

RMTing from players is illegal.

$15 for mules would get you 40m, not enough to buy 50 buds. (potentially enough to buy buds, depends on seller)
And both options 'take time' no one can hold 30 chloris pops (realistically).
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-14 14:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

$15 for mules would get you 40m, not enough to buy 50 buds.

yea, but you'd also get an extra half hour a day for 30 days or however long the ***lasts, which might be enough to farm all 50 buds even before looking at the $ or rmt
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-14 14:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why we need a lua. 10am run lua, go piss, brush teeth, grab nom, all logins are done!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-14 14:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
$15 for mules would get you 40m, not enough to buy 50 buds.

yea, but you'd also get an extra half hour a day for 30 days or however long the ***lasts, which might be enough to farm all 50 buds even before looking at the $ or rmt

Okay but if you're creating a new account, assuming no rollover points, it still takes 16 days to amass the points to buy 1 abyssea mat (2000 for 16 days of logins). You can't do the entire 50 in one month, even if you roll over 1500 from the previous month (which requires planning and more money). If we're going for the "im just trying to save time and put my money to good use", Login Campaigns do not net you the best return on that. If people are going with the moral angle, then fair point. But if it's all about getting it done asap and allocating resources the most effectively, login points is a bit arduous.

meh sorry to derail this.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-14 14:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Having extra characters for $1 a month is seriously the best RMT you can get.

I'm not saying this is wrong, but you're not counting how long it takes to log through all of them every single day and how much gil(or chloris buds) you could've made doing something else during that timeframe.

This is a fair point, but I tend to do it in the background, and not as something I'm sitting there focused on. Just did my daily logins now while on a work conference call. Yesterday I did it while I was playing on my 2nd account (running around getting GEO- spells for my freshly lv99 GEO). I'm never having to make a choice like: should I do Ambuscade or farm some valuable item, or do I have to forego that to log in the mules?

Also relevant that if you're logging in for login points, it goes a hell of a lot faster since you can just leave the mules in the mog house the whole month and logout is fast. Just spend your points once at the end of the point distribution period. It takes longer when you actually sit at the gobbiebox and have to wait for that 30sec logout countdown.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So I understand the angle in having 16 characters for login points/orbs/bonanza etc, but how is paying an extra 15$(?) any different from just buying the gil and shouting to buy the mats directly? You would certainly get your items much much faster, and you don't have to do any work like logging in daily.

My server does not work like this, it's just not a very merc-heavy culture. Nobody shouts about it, and the one time I actually cared to buy a merc drop and found one shell that was willing to do it - there was discussion about timing of when they'd go, but they weren't ready to go right away and we never actually managed to schedule anything... so it just kinda fell apart.

Obviously YMMV on Asura or wherever else.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-14 14:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Not specific to you, I just see a lot of people push the "Login Points" thing from mules when it comes to pushing past an empy weapon trials. I do agree the extra perks of storage, sp keys, deeds/dm rolls/bonanza etc are probably well worth that 16$ and will definitely go much further than just paying someone 16$ to merc something for you. But if you're pressed on trying to get something like a Verethragna R15, and you're debating if you should invest the "time" into it, man, the login points is probably the absolute worst thing you can do (referring back to the op)

also point to OP: I would just grind through and make the Verethragna or Godhands R15 and call it a day. I actually have both (Godhands is not 15 though), but I obviously only use empy. If I had the cash, I would get a Sagitta because it does open up some funner builds with the extra HP and DT (you can afford to use Counterstance more generously). It offers more than just DPS, sometimes you have to look beyond that number and see where else you get value. But if you're after max dps, skip it
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-14 14:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's merely an option. A no penalty option. You can farm chloris, buy some buds AND get some free, it's mix and match, not choose one.

You won't accidentally buy gil from a medal duper and get banned when you pay for mules.

You won't have to wait for them to farm another chloris pop (this isn't instant, all 50 will take a few hours at minimum).

IF you're already doing it (for dm bonanza etc,) then you should grab them since they are free*
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-14 14:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Not specific to you, I just see a lot of people push the "Login Points" thing from mules when it comes to pushing past an empy weapon trials. I do agree the extra perks of storage, sp keys, deeds/dm rolls/bonanza etc are probably well worth that 16$ and will definitely go much further than just paying someone 16$ to merc something for you. But if you're pressed on trying to get something like a Verethragna R15, and you're debating if you should invest the "time" into it, man, the login points is probably the absolute worst thing you can do (referring back to the op)

If I could pay someone $16 to farm me 64 Chloris Buds (FYI, they're 1000 points each, so can get 4/month per character) - or Glavoid, Itza, Khim, etc. items? Sure, sign me up!

Like I said, I don't play on a server with much merc activity in the first place. But even if I did, that sounds like a deal that would be hard to find!

I wouldn't suggest making a bunch of mules solely for one specific weapon or login campaign. I WOULD suggest it for people who want a steady stream of super-easy gil/items, to be turned on/off as you see fit. I consider it my "millions of gil that I made logging in on second screen while I'm drinking my morning coffee and checking work emails" - it doesn't take away from my more dedicated FFXI time, and the price is fair to me for the benefit I receive.

And it gave me 50 Chloris Buds, Glavoid Shells, Itza Scales, and a bunch of Apademak Horns that I didn't have to farm (or merc). I'm happy with that.

You're totally right if you're thinking of it just in terms of getting one specific thing right away though.

Lakshmi.Buukki said:
also point to OP: I would just grind through and make the Verethragna or Godhands R15 and call it a day.

But if you're after max dps, skip [Saggitta]

Pretty much this. Any of Saggitta, Spharai, Karambit are on a tier below Vere/Godhands. So if you're willing to dedicate that much money/time to Saggitta, why not just put your resources toward the top tier instead? Use the much easier/cheaper to obtain "next best" alternatives in the meantime - i.e., Karambit. Or even just stick with Kaja if the shiny weapon is a roadblock for you, and use your time to work toward Vere instead.

Like someone (Eiryl?) mentioned earlier though, we have this discussion every month...
[+]
 Bismarck.Casnik
user: Casnik
By Bismarck.Casnik 2019-11-14 15:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloing Omen? -- Spharai or Sagitta?

Gotta pay for the plutons Beits or whatever for the upgrades, don't I?

Thanks, everyone for the opinions. It helped a lot.

I have Karambit right now. Making Spharai just because I have the stuff needed already... but will probably go with farming Vere
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-11-14 16:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Casnik said: »
Soloing Omen? -- Spharai or Sagitta?

Gotta pay for the plutons Beits or whatever for the upgrades, don't I?

Thanks, everyone for the opinions. It helped a lot.

I have Karambit right now. Making Spharai just because I have the stuff needed already... but will probably go with farming Vere

THF
First Page 2