Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!
Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By geigei 2019-10-12 07:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
You can do 8 runs this method in the time it takes to do one VD method.
Math is hard huh?
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-12 08:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Math is hard huh?
10-15 mins VD. Then resetting two hours if you're doing smn burn. Far from worth it.
1-2 mins Normal

Yeah, a bit of a exaggeration on wait times to enter and people getting their KI. But I'd say 4 runs easy. The point is, you can ignore all mechanics and be done with 2mins counting buffs with no real effort.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-12 08:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Math is hard huh?
10-15 mins VD. Then resetting two hours if you're doing smn burn. Far from worth it.
1-2 mins Normal

Yeah, a bit of a exaggeration on wait times to enter and people getting their KI. But I'd say 4 runs easy. The point is, you can ignore all mechanics and be done with 2mins counting buffs with no real effort.
Possibly, but runs being 1/3 the reward means that seals are 1/3 as effective.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-12 08:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Math is hard huh?
1-2 mins Normal

Possibly, but runs being 1/3 the reward means that seals are 1/3 as effective.

Not wasting seals lol. Can save for the smn burn. This method probably works on VD. we just didnt have the proper whm to make it happen. Still in full abyssea 99 gear. They died by one AoE move. With a proper whm, it would probably be the same amount of time as any other melee style
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-12 23:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone brought up a good point. Can the small moogles be bound? Gravitied? Slept? to stop movement?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Mrgrim 2019-10-13 00:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone brought up a good point. Can the small moogles be bound? Gravitied? Slept? to stop movement?

Tried, completely resisted :/
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2019-10-13 02:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven’t had the time to do D/VD yet. Was curious about how much acc is needed and if the smaller mogs move around based on time or dmg done to the boss?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-10-17 02:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Setbgm 49 for Luck of the Mog music XD more fitting since fighting moogles
 Bismarck.Nekhekh
Server: Bismarck
user: nekhekh
By Bismarck.Nekhekh 2019-10-18 12:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried giving treats as mentioned in the ffxi digest 6?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-18 16:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nekhekh said: »
Has anyone tried giving treats as mentioned in the ffxi digest 6?

That's v2, no one cares about v2
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-23 09:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This month sucks but if you are going to do D you might as well do VD. The mechanics are the hard part.

DD DD GEO BRD RDM (WHM or SCH)

Monk would be the best option but we've used SAM and DNC. Landing Silence is important and red mage is invaluable for stacking debuffs to weaken the boss, especially Paralyze/Addle2. The boss builds resistance to silence, important to stack Saboteur each time, but that's not always possible due to the Amnesia aura. 3 silences will land but 4-5 are dicey.

It's important that DDs don't just rush face-first into this dude. When you get close to aura phases, start dragging boss to regen moogle, then trigger aura. Turn around during aura phase, TP feed is too dangerous with him right on top of you.

Asura.Ramsy said: »
Haven’t had the time to do D/VD yet. Was curious about how much acc is needed and if the smaller mogs move around based on time or dmg done to the boss?

They seem to move in random (?) intervals.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-28 23:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Credit to my lsmate Lotso who came up with this, I think, we used a different strat tonight to get VD wins for alts. This strat's speed depends on what you bring to fill:

RDM- only job that's non-negotiable
DD- MNK BY FAR best in this slot, highest HP/meva, SAM or even NIN would work, you want tough jobs that can do DD without feeding much TP. NIN can blink tier 6 spells so that's handy.
healer- doesn't matter which really

And then some combination of BRD/GEO/COR alts or leeches or another DD. You're getting Haste2 so not too hard to cap haste.

Fight at starting corner. RDM does enfeeble cycle during Saboteur, Silence, and then DDs slow damage before boss 1-hours. RDM Grav2, DD pushes, RDM Bind, and everyone runs to the opposite corner ASAP. You simply outrange the aura, no stupid chasing moogles or lag. If Bind wears early, run to little moogle. We had a high success rate with this strat. You want to limit TP feed because Crystalline Flare still sucks, and we got unlucky with Chainspell > Sleepga once, but this is the best way to approach the fight IMO if you have seals to burn.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-29 00:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting concept, without speed enhancing tools you would have to be preemptively far enough away to not die before you outranged it though. Specifically the ones doing damage would be very likely to get dropped by dotaura well before they got 40 yalms away, 3 tics is death. That means you've got like 7~9 seconds to get away?

Assume the healer runs out of range well before the aura and cure bombs the dd before they can fall over trying to get away.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2019-10-29 01:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Aura is not instant. Should have plenty of time to move after SP.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-29 03:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
Aura is not instant. Should have plenty of time to move after SP.
That's the issue though, you don't have plenty of time and the amount of time you have is highly dependant on server-client communication, which means sometimes you will be in the perfect position at the right time on your screen, but not for the server. A tic of 1000+ damage is enough to kill you and from there it's a wipe.

I think there's a reason if this specific Ambuscade Fight is appearently the most hated and was the only one which got never repeated so far not even a second time, where multiple fights have already been repeated for their third time.

So again it's not the strategy in itself that's insanely hard, it's more that due to technical issues the potential space for error is sometimes almost non existant.
By Draylo 2019-10-29 04:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's very easy to SMN burn, so it isn't the hardest one there is.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-29 04:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
It's incredibly easy to SMN burn but that's kinda like "cheating" to completely ignore the meant-to-be strategy to complete this fight, which is what Flippant and the others were talking about, no?
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-29 06:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Draylo said: »
It's incredibly easy to SMN burn but that's kinda like "cheating" to completely ignore the meant-to-be strategy to complete this fight, which is what Flippant and the others were talking about, no?

SE would make this nm take reduces damage from repeated BP if this wasnt "working as intended"

i mean *** werent meant to go in butts either
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-29 07:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You say it's incredibly easy to smn burn, but I've seen at least 10 groups on Asura wipe using smn burn lmao.
But yes it is basically cheating. Conduit OP.

I personally think Mnk DD Strat is the best/safest strat for Ambu this month.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-29 07:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk effectively doubles your aura survival timer(triples, Inner Strength), if you use Chakra at the appropriate moment. I like the strategy above. Margin for error is greater due to having to pay attention to mechanics. And as usual, finding a good RDM could prove challenging.

SMN isn't fool proof. He can benediction at the wrong moment, or worse, just use a sleepga 2 and its basically over.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-10-29 07:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sleepga is a real danger but unless youre using less than 3 SMN, even bene wont be an issue.

Make sure THF land feint on moogle and use bully.

Pets on att food.

GEO start with bolstered indi frailty (to reduce risk of being caught by silencega before casting geo), and use geo paralysis to reduce even further the risk of it casting something.

Shits happen but layering bully intimidation, paralysis and eventual stuns from voltstrikes, can reduce quite well the odds of failure
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-29 08:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how sleepga is an issue if you bring a RDM to silence.
I've actually been in groups where the GEO was landing the silence.
Never tried myself, not sure what sort of gear do you need.
But I guess if you bolster prepull, have Indifocus up and have good macc gear, it shouldn't be an issue to land it.

Or were you guys talking about fights that last too much time and silence wear? Of course a silence landed from a non-RDM job will last way less time.

Other than that I've only seen SMN groups fail if:
1) The SMN are utter *** (especially if you go wih the "only" 2 SMNs setup, they need to be good)
2) There is no THF or the THF fails at stealing Invincible
3) Benediction goes off at like 1% or close to that

Other than that SMN strat is pretty failproof and each attempt, fail or not, lasts like what, 1,5 mins max? So it's not too big of a deal to go again even if you fail, with the current very fast queues.
(well you do need to reset SPs in that case of course, and that can be annoying)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-29 08:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Artsncrafts said: »
SE would make this nm take reduces damage from repeated BP if this wasnt "working as intended"
Right, because SE always fix stuff that isn't working as they intend it to, inorite? /rolleyes

Sorry I don't think this is an efficient mean to measure things "intended to be" and ways to exploit in-game mechanics.

Quote:
i mean *** werent meant to go in butts either
What is this even supposed to mean?
Before being basically wrong this is quite homophobic.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-29 08:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how sleepga is an issue if you bring a RDM to silence.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
And as usual, finding a good RDM could prove challenging.

You just listed the 4 areas where SMN method isn't failproof. For built groups this is nothing to overcome, shout groups could struggle with an errant benediction, no silencer, cutting corners for an easy clear etc. But it's not necessarily Meebles level failproof. That ambu was run in, rayke/battuta/sforzo/odyllic > afac win. This one there are a few things that need to happen or that can go wrong to cause a failure.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-29 08:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Interesting concept, without speed enhancing tools you would have to be preemptively far enough away to not die before you outranged it though. Specifically the ones doing damage would be very likely to get dropped by dotaura well before they got 40 yalms away, 3 tics is death. That means you've got like 7~9 seconds to get away?

Assume the healer runs out of range well before the aura and cure bombs the dd before they can fall over trying to get away.

Like Flippant said, aura has a bit of a wind-up (10 seconds?). With movement speed gear you can make it safely. Healer and red mage stay 20' out so they have a head start. This strat probably isn't pug-friendly because it requires communication between DD and RDM for disengage/Bind.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-29 08:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You just listed the 4 areas where SMN method isn't failproof. For built groups this is nothing to overcome, shout groups could struggle with an errant benediction, no silencer, cutting corners for an easy clear etc. But it's not necessarily Meebles level failproof. That ambu was run in, rayke/battuta/sforzo/odyllic > afac win. This one there are a few things that need to happen or that can go wrong to cause a failure.
Didn't you need a mage to properly use barspells (wether with or without React) for it to become failproof?

I mean the 3 aspects I listed don't even completely count imho.
The first is "SMNs are ***". I mean 99% of the ambuscade are gonna fail if you bring DDs that simply are so ***their damage isn't enough.
The second is "THF doesn't do what he's supposed to do and the reason why he's invited in the pt". Translating this with your Meeble example, it's the same as if the RUN runs in and doesn't Rayke/Battuta/Sforzo/Odyllic, exactely the same.
RDM (or other mage) not landing silence could be in this same group.
Third is Benediction at 1%, this is random, nothing you can do about it, and it's the only real aspect of all the list, I would dare to say.

Everything else is not "chance of failure because of uncontrollable aspects or low margin for error", it's more something about people not doing what they're supposed to do in that pt, period. And if you have this, 99% of Ambu fights would similarly fail.

So yeah, 1% Benediction is the only chance of random, uncontrollable failure. From my experience it's very rare, and it is the more rare the more your DDs are good at what they're supposed to do (dealing damage!)
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-29 08:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't you need a mage to properly use barspells (wether with or without React) for it to become failproof?

Not with SMN burn. It died before the barspell move even went off lol.