WoW Classic Higher Pop Than Live.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » WoW Classic higher pop than live.
WoW Classic higher pop than live.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-09 19:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I have adblocker on my phone.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-09 19:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw. I don't go out of my way to put chrome/firefox/opera on my phone.

I spend less time on my phone in a year than some of you do in a day.
By Jetackuu 2019-10-09 20:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahafk said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Imagine not using an adblocker, you really are living in 2005
imagine being this ignorant about mobile devices in 2019

Imagine being this ignorant about everything in 2019.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-10-09 22:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I spend less time on my phone in a year than some of you do in a day.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By nightcoder 2019-10-15 13:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

All of you who think no one will play it - please look at the facts. There are around 1000 people on Nasomi and around 600 on Eden, so yeah, sure it's not Asura but it's still a lot, and as some people say kids these days don't even bother with FFXI at all so we can assume that these servers' players are not just people who can't afford a subscription or just want to play for free. My point is that there is a demand. You can call them masochists or whatever but they are there.
Sure, a population of ~1500 subscribers is pennies for a corporation like SE but it's still more than enough to maintain a server's cost and put a small team of programmers on it for a couple of months and it's good for PR.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-10-15 13:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No
One
Will
Play
It
Stfu
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2019-10-15 18:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

nightcoder said: »
All of you who think no one will play it - please look at the facts. There are around 1000 people on Nasomi and around 600 on Eden, so yeah, sure it's not Asura but it's still a lot, and as some people say kids these days don't even bother with FFXI at all so we can assume that these servers' players are not just people who can't afford a subscription or just want to play for free. My point is that there is a demand. You can call them masochists or whatever but they are there.
Sure, a population of ~1500 subscribers is pennies for a corporation like SE but it's still more than enough to maintain a server's cost and put a small team of programmers on it for a couple of months and it's good for PR.

Yeah those facts that both private servers are nearly dead which is enough reason for SE to not do "FFXI classic" as it wont generate much income. Lets not forget that SE also have XIV which is doing very well atm and is full of people so again even more reason to not bother with "FFXI classic". 1600 people isnt enough for SE to even bother looking into doing a classic version.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kalimairo
user: kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-10-15 19:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
1600 people is only $20,720 a month. That probably wouldn't even cover the cost of server upkeep and power. People are delusional on the cost to maintain a game. Development, even a "port" costs millions of dollars to do. Regular maintenance and updates probably doesn't cost that much but would be much more than $20k a month. That doesn't even factor in the salaries of the team to maintain and update the game.
that's 1600 people who play the game with bugs and what not. a 75 server will easy get around 5-10k players for a server.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-15 19:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kalimairo said: »
1600 people is only $20,720 a month. That probably wouldn't even cover the cost of server upkeep and power. People are delusional on the cost to maintain a game. Development, even a "port" costs millions of dollars to do. Regular maintenance and updates probably doesn't cost that much but would be much more than $20k a month. That doesn't even factor in the salaries of the team to maintain and update the game.
that's 1600 people who play the game with bugs and what not. a 75 server will easy get around 5-10k players for a server.

Not a chance they'd retain that. Cause you also have to tack in "People willing to pay a sub" and that'll counter the free aspect of private servers hard.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-15 23:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Kalimairo said: »

Not a chance they'd retain that. Cause you also have to tack in "People willing to pay a sub" and that'll counter the free aspect of private servers hard.
Well, ppl are willing to pay Blizzard for subs so it must be true for FFXI too!
By Asura.Thesecondcoming 2019-10-20 00:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They should just remake the f***ing game with updated graphics and a relevant expansion. It would do very well and potentially draw away people from ff14 which I consider the "retail" version of FF11.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-20 01:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thesecondcoming said: »
They should just remake the f***ing game with updated graphics and a relevant expansion. It would do very well and potentially draw away people from ff14 which I consider the "retail" version of FF11.

They would need to update the entire engine if they wanted to ever draw in new people. They also have no incentive to draw people away from FFXIV (same company...) And if they were going to update the entire engine why wouldn't they just make a brand new game instead?
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-20 01:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

They would need to update the entire engine if they wanted to ever draw in new people. They also have no incentive to draw people away from FFXIV (same company...) And if they were going to update the entire engine why wouldn't they just make a brand new game instead?
Look how quick they remade FF7 tho! It'd be easy to remake!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Mattelot 2019-10-21 16:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I did enjoy classic but unsubbed after getting a week silence for saying that I didn’t think streamers did anything good for the game. In my opinion, streamers cause problems.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-21 16:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Blizzard muted your toon? See that's so much more reasonable than a lifetime ban for *** swearing.

Streamers are definitely firmly in the nuisance category. They're drama magnets on open world games like that. But an over all net positive.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-10-21 17:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Giving ff11 an hd polish wont draw in new people if its still running a slow combat system. Trying to draw attention to ff11 with new players they all quit after getting some baseline gear, trying omen, ambuscade, zitah, ruaun and some reisenjima and their reasons were all the same, combat and spell use was slow and unenjoyable spent more time learning a useless script language to have the game automate gear swap than playing once at level cap.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-10-21 17:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »

FF14 has a f2p style massive cash shop, they have zero incentive to make people swap from 14 to 11. In-fact it's the opposite. They don't just want a sub, they want you to buy a stuffed chocobo outfit for your 4 characters for $12.99 each too.
Imagine hating a game so intensely you spout mindless nonsense about it at every possible opportunity.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2019-10-21 17:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would they intentionally draw people away from 14 when its making them more money now than 11 and has way more subs than 11 ever did?
By Jetackuu 2019-10-21 18:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
and has way more subs than 11 ever did?
citationneeded.png
By Mattelot 2019-10-21 18:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Blizzard muted your toon? See that's so much more reasonable than a lifetime ban for *** swearing.

Streamers are definitely firmly in the nuisance category. They're drama magnets on open world games like that. But an over all net positive.

On their forums, people were talking about streamers and a couple on how they're good for the game. One mentioned how if it were not for this 1 streamer, we wouldn't even have Classic. I said I don't believe they do anything good for the game. A little over a day later, I got a notification that my account was silenced for a week with no explanation. I appealed it and the mod said that comment was "not constructive." I replied that it wasn't derogatory, just my opinion and they replied "the appropriate action has been taken" and marked the ticket "resolved."

I thought that was asinine so I unsubbed. People call others derogatory words for gay people and nothing happens but that? I've even heard rumors about people getting banned for killing a streamer multiple times. When you can be banned for performing PVP on a PVP server, you know things have gone to crap.
By Jetackuu 2019-10-21 19:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »

Giving ff11 an hd polish wont draw in new people if its still running a slow combat system. Trying to draw attention to ff11 with new players they all quit after getting some baseline gear, trying omen, ambuscade, zitah, ruaun and some reisenjima and their reasons were all the same, combat and spell use was slow and unenjoyable spent more time learning a useless script language to have the game automate gear swap than playing once at level cap.

How'd I miss this giant bowl of retardation that is this post? lulz
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-21 20:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Odin.Creaucent said: »
and has way more subs than 11 ever did?
citationneeded.png

I mean that's not really hard to imagine. We have never seen XI have more than 500-600k subs even in its peak and this link says ARR hit 1.5mil registrations, which would be roughly triple XI's peak.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-21 20:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Has is present tense. I have a hard time believing current 14 is higher than 500-600k, total registrations aren't active subs and the time they announced hitting 1m active subs was during a giant promotion, expansion launch, and cheap/free trial or whatever it was. We all saw how subs spiked then dropped after adoulin, it happens in most mmo.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-21 20:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They're banning ten thousand accounts a week. Can't do that if they don't have a bunch of bodies.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/category/1

(The numbers are likely, highly inflated, they're always full of ***, but it's what they're saying)
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11