Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Soloing Escha Zi'tah HELM pixie trio
Soloing Escha Zi'tah HELM pixie trio
 Asura.Wizzykid
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Wizzykid 2019-09-06 17:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone,

I am making this post here basically to let anyone interested know it is possible. Most all other searches I've done on the subject say it can only be solo'd by BST using the grasshopper pet...

I used sharpshot/valor frame with the following attachments:
inhibitor 1 + 2
optic fiber 1 + 2
ARK 4
Strobe 2
Armor plate 4
Mana jammer 4
Magniplug 2
Attuner
Flame Holder

Strategy is as follows:
Trusts: Amchuchu, Ullegore, Fablinix, Kupipi, Koru Moru (dia 3)

I used the above trusts for stunning and because they are low TP gain... I did not want them interfering with my pet's AI when it's trying to self SC. The pixies all AoE tp spam at the same time, and mitigating some of that damage with stun makes it safer for you, and stops some of the amnesia, which makes overdrive moot.

I went pup/cor for bst roll.

Go in, immediately deploy pet on any pixie to strobe it, then you engage on another to let amchuchu voke it. You'll still have one on you... you can either engage on that one to let amchuchu get hate, or deploy your puppet and wait for it to strobe it. Basically, you need to try your best to get the pixies to all attack your pet.

Then pop overdrive with thunder light fire maneuvers (fire skillchain tree).

Kill order is Alphuaca > Bucca > Puca. This order is somewhat important because fire skillchains will cure Puca. Overdrive wore off for me after Bucca died. Bucca uses dread spikes, so best to kill her while overdrive is up. When Puca is all who remains, I just killed her normally.

I hope this was descriptive enough to let you all know how to complete this fight solo -- good luck! Let me know if you have any specific questions.
[+]