FFXI Speed Run Categories

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Speed Run categories
FFXI Speed Run categories
By Kwech 2019-09-03 17:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

For a while now I’ve been “speed running” solo thf omen farms. I put that in quotations because realistically I’ve just wanted to push my own time down. But at the same time, I do have logs of all my times for all three floors.

The big thing for this would be to ban the addons that would unfair advantage.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-09-03 17:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Back on PSO they had an event called challenge mode, I wish ffxi had something similar.

You picked a zone and it put the whole group into the start with basic level 50 gear and levels set to 50 (you got a temp inventory separate from normal inventory). The XP was heavily boosted from the level appropriate monsters and you would get lots of gear and weapons drop as you killed monsters. You would level fast too, each monster would give you 1/8th a bar tnl so you would reach the boss 20-30 levels higher than you started and have totally different gear in every slot.

You equipped gear as you went because almost everything that dropped was an upgrade to someone and everything dropped lots of stuff, constantly upgrading and leveled up fast as you went, you would get to the end of the zone and then kill a boss that was challenging.

Once you left your level would go back to normal and all the drops in the temp inventory would be deleted, you did it for clear times, fun and points (to get stuff with).

Kind of similar to salvage I guess but with recorded clear times and set drops (so you can't equip your OP stuff).

You could kill more monsters for more levels and better gear or just push to the boss asap for faster clear times, these times were recorded and the players names would show in the info page of the top 20 clear times for each zone.

Something like that would be great in a dynamis type situation.
Challenge mode was amazing.

I still remember the day it was added, it was so weird yet so fun.
It would be amazing if they did that for FFXI, it wouldn't take much work either.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-03 17:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Mildly similar to salvage tbh
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-09-03 18:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Very mild. We'd need an event where you're naked and you unlock gear. Not slots, literal pieces of gear.

I don't think they'd be able to manage it due to inventories and making special versions of the gear (AUG would most likely do the trick) but that'd be much more fun than unlocking slots.
By clearlyamule 2019-09-03 18:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Step one get less shitty internet scrub
Sure, while we are at it, let's all assume that everyone lives where fiber optics are available, and no power outages or other disruptions can occur, especially from Square Enix themselves, who has a perfect track record regarding keeping servers up 100% of the time without random crashes.
Fiber? Did I miss something? I thought we were talking about a 17 year old game designed to run on dial up. A few months ago when I was having internet issues I was literally still triboxing some stuff while tethered to my cellphone
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-09-04 12:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Kwech said: »
For a while now I’ve been “speed running” solo thf omen farms. I put that in quotations because realistically I’ve just wanted to push my own time down. But at the same time, I do have logs of all my times for all three floors.

What times are your getting now on avg?
By Kwech 2019-09-04 18:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Kwech said: »

What times are your getting now on avg?

About 21 mins left on the clock when the last mob dies. This is trusts only, usually thf/war. No Gandring shenanigans, though hoping to craft one soon.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-09-05 07:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I speak for the entire community when we want to see how long it takes to complete the Burtgang killshot trials with Atonement.. Now this is something we can all get behind.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-05 07:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen farming path (Floor 1, Floor 2, Floor 4).
No objective focusing, just kill everything.
Complete and real SOLO (i.e. only trusts allowed, no secondary accounts whatsoever not before entering, not after).

Curious what's the best time people can get!
My best so far is 16 minutes and uhm, like 28".
I know for sure it can be improved but I don't see it feasible to go under 15 mins, prove me wrong!!

I've done that with BLU and I didn't even have capped JPs yet, I was at like, I dunno, 1600 JPs or something.
Don't even have Tizona, was using Maxentius + Kaja Club.
I went with BLU/RDM and a special setup of spells. Back then I didn't have Carcharian Verve lulz so I had to rely on /RDM for Aquaveil.

Truth be said though /RDM is nice, it allows you to save a lot of BLU spells space (no need for self cures, no need for Stoneskin, no need for Refresh, in theory you could skip Barrier Tusk for Phalanx if you wanted, I didn't though) and this grants you the chance to get more job traits for higher macc/mab and stuff like that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.