Frog Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16
 Phoenix.Jakarai
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2021-09-14 16:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone mind posting the attachments they use to overdrive?
 Lakshmi.Dissident
Server: Lakshmi
user: tmd5
By Lakshmi.Dissident 2021-09-14 16:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jakarai said: »

If someone doesn't beat me to it, this is what most use:

Mana Jammer 3,4
Optic Fiber 1,2
Inhibitor 2
Turbo Charger 1,2
Magni Plug 1,2
Auto Repair Kit IV
Flame Holder
Attuner

Water, fire, Light
[+]
 Phoenix.Jakarai
Server: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2021-09-15 11:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Dissident said: »

Mana Jammer 3,4
Optic Fiber 1,2
Inhibitor 2
Turbo Charger 1,2
Magni Plug 1,2
Auto Repair Kit IV
Flame Holder
Attuner

Water, fire, Light

thank you
 Siren.Vanian
Server: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2021-09-16 15:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Any other easy items I'm missing for this? I'm currently at 500JP, with all 20 into overdrive. Ohtas r15, Animator P,
Full Taeon all with atk+20-25 double attack +3-5 -dt 3-4,
JSE cape with haste, atk/acc, -dt, Tali'ah Ring, Hurch'lan Sash and a Handeler's Earring, and eating grape diafuku

Using the above attachments but using Inhibitor 1 instead of 2, Magni Plug 2, Mana Jammer 4 and 2, and adding Coiler 2.

Managed 1 kill on D when auto got a ws off with 1 sec left of overdrive, other 2 attempts Overdrive wore off at 6% and 1%
By kasnuaku 2021-09-16 18:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

if you over drive at around 95% of the frogs HP, it seems to help IMO with letting over drive kill him before he goes bonkers and kaustruas your robot
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-09-16 19:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anwig Salade.

Also, the 1200 JP gift is a huge, huge bonus.
By tmd5 2021-09-16 19:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Vanian said: »
Any other easy items I'm missing for this? I'm currently at 500JP, with all 20 into overdrive. Ohtas r15, Animator P,
Full Taeon all with atk+20-25 double attack +3-5 -dt 3-4,
JSE cape with haste, atk/acc, -dt, Tali'ah Ring, Hurch'lan Sash and a Handeler's Earring, and eating grape diafuku

Using the above attachments but using Inhibitor 1 instead of 2, Magni Plug 2, Mana Jammer 4 and 2, and adding Coiler 2.

Managed 1 kill on D when auto got a ws off with 1 sec left of overdrive, other 2 attempts Overdrive wore off at 6% and 1%

My only idea is you need more pet ACC. Have you tried parsing the auto's accuracy?

Also make sure to bring /COR and use beast roll after calling AA-MR or the other BST (Lhu something or other).

My suggestions are:

Replace the Pet: Attack on the Taeon with Pet ACC.
Replace Hurch'lan Sash with klouskap sash +1.
Get the PUP Relic body (if you don't have it) that adds 20 seconds to Overdrive. This is essential I think, especially on VD.
Remove it after Overdrive is activated (it still extends the duration!).

Try to max out the Taeon with DA5 on each piece (DA boosts Bone Crusher).
My Taeon has only Pet ACC 21 and that's good enough.

Also, when you get 1200 job points the SU4 Pitre Fists is worth every single penny (with pet augments!).
Don't worry about getting the SU5 later, because for most things it's not essential.

Varar Rings +1 might help too. They have Pet ACC+10 and STP+6 on them.

Even as job master I had only 10 secs left on Overdrive on my first 2 runs on VD.
By mynameisgonz 2021-09-16 22:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

This is how ive been doing it with a 3-man cell on VD. Alot of info gathered from this thread and just making it stable. This ensures 100% clean runs, just takes a bit longer.
[+]
By macsdf1 2021-09-16 23:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

just bring monk and a smn, brd/cor/geo/whm buff a little and mew on cool down, frog dead in 25 sec.

if frog gets a tp move off due to not enough subtle blow gear, then next time just have him turn every 15 sec till the smn mews it all away. With capped subtle blow shouldn't need to turn tho.

no need for 2h resets or whatever.
By Draylo 2021-09-17 00:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use a BLU also, who can place DEF down on it but it's really easy either way, idk the hype for PUP. Delete that job plz.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-09-17 00:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
just bring monk and a smn, brd/cor/geo/whm buff a little and mew on cool down, frog dead in 25 sec.

if frog gets a tp move off due to not enough subtle blow gear, then next time just have him turn every 15 sec till the smn mews it all away. With capped subtle blow shouldn't need to turn tho.

Why bring so many people, when one person can solo it on Very Difficult with minimal gear?
 Asura.Msmissy
user: msmissy
By Asura.Msmissy 2021-09-17 00:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »

Why bring so many people, when one person can solo it on Very Difficult with minimal gear?

To help ppl? (and by helping i don't mean mercing the damn thing)
[+]
By tmd5 2021-09-17 04:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP VD probably has the least risk of death or a 1-shot from Hammer right?

It's also fairly fast. When Overdrive is activated i'm out of there in just 2 1/2 minutes or so. I know that monk can do it in 1 minute I guess.

With PUP you don't need any other support, but a COR does help.

I think in 30 runs i've died only 2 times and that was due to accidentally being at 28 yalms.

What you should all be doing is inviting other LS friends and not entering alone when you go as PUP.

Just make sure they don't melee or use rolls or JAs that give you TP (messes with Inhibitor). Can remove your weapon if needed though.

You get gallantry and 1m in gil from each of them. Just kidding, I don't merc and never will. My friends keep telling me I should, but no thanks.

Another tip...when you spam VD for them, show them how to reset your 1hr and how to get a map from Maze Mongers.
[+]
 Asura.Nolano
user: Nolano
By Asura.Nolano 2021-09-17 11:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yesterday I tried COR as the primary DD in a 74 Subtle Blow build.

The plan was to multistep with last stand and numbing shot. However, my last stand's were doing around 250-300 damage, which seems cruel.

Have others seen this resistance to physical ranged damage? My daggers were doing normal damage, but the piercing of ranged damage seems to be treated differently.

Edit: for context, the buffs were non-enfeebling geomancy, 4 rolls, and 4 songs.
By tmd5 2021-09-17 16:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nolano said: »
Yesterday I tried COR as the primary DD in a 74 Subtle Blow build.

The plan was to multistep with last stand and numbing shot. However, my last stand's were doing around 250-300 damage, which seems cruel.

Have others seen this resistance to physical ranged damage? My daggers were doing normal damage, but the piercing of ranged damage seems to be treated differently.

Edit: for context, the buffs were non-enfeebling geomancy, 4 rolls, and 4 songs.

I tried the PUP Ranger "tank" and his ranged attacks were only doing about 60dmg.

I was out of range and couldn't see all his damage in the log.

After 4-5 minutes the frog was still at around 90% and I had to warp out. Not even worth trying to get a win.

So looks like he's highly resistant to ranged attacks, including any ranged weapon skills.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-17 17:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Msmissy said: »

To help ppl? (and by helping i don't mean mercing the damn thing)

"Why bring so many people"

Gallantry: "Am I a joke to you!?"
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-09-17 17:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause some of us have friends....

Also extra Gallantry
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
user: Hibiu
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2021-09-22 17:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm doing my best to replicate soloing this on SMN/RDM (Siren > AF > Mana Cede > Assault > Hysteric Assault > Dia 2 > Clarsach Call > AC > Hysteric spam > convert/vile elixir+1 > Hysteric spam), but the best I've managed so far was getting him to about 30% before AC wore. I'm currently using a script to spam Hysteric Assault (1.6 sec delay between actions, and it doesn't appear that I'm dropping any), and I've made sure it keeps my physical BP gear on for the duration, but it's just not putting enough ouch into him :(

Here's what I'm wearing for BPs, and they're hitting for around 11k on the low end, 30-35k-ish on the high end:
Code
sets.exported={
    main="Nirvana",
    sub="Elan Strap",
    ammo="Sancus Sachet +1",
    head={ name="Helios Band", augments={'Pet: Accuracy+27 Pet: Rng. Acc.+27','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+8','Blood Pact Dmg.+6',}},
    body={ name="Apo. Dalmatica +1", augments={'MP+80','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+35','Blood Pact Dmg.+8',}},
    hands={ name="Merlinic Dastanas", augments={'Pet: Attack+29 Pet: Rng.Atk.+29','Blood Pact Dmg.+10','Pet: Mag. Acc.+15',}},
    legs={ name="Enticer's Pants", augments={'MP+30','Pet: Accuracy+10 Pet: Rng. Acc.+10','Pet: Mag. Acc.+10',}},
    feet={ name="Apogee Pumps +1", augments={'MP+80','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+35','Blood Pact Dmg.+8',}},
    neck="Shulmanu Collar",
    waist="Lucidity Sash",
    left_ear="Kyrene's Earring",
    right_ear="Gelos Earring",
    left_ring="Varar Ring",
    right_ring="Varar Ring",
    back={ name="Campestres's Cape", augments={'Pet: Acc.+20 Pet: R.Acc.+20 Pet: Atk.+20 Pet: R.Atk.+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Pet: Damage taken -5%',}},
}

Still missing some obvious bits like Elan Strap +1, Varar Rings +1, Lugalbanda Earring, and a better waist, so somewhere around +11 BP and 4% pet DA (plus some more acc). It'd certainly help, but seems like it wouldn't be enough to close the gap, so I'm wondering what other folks are wearing for Hysteric Assault that are taking it out before AC wears.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-09-23 02:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing i notice right away (not to pick you apart or anything), but you are using a lot of magic attack bonus gear on a multi-hit physical blood pact, which doesnt help it at all. You should try to get some gear with physical attack stats all around for physical blood pacts and another set for magic. This is the set i used to solo it on smn. Also i don't use a script for the blood pacts i just spam the macro manually.

Non AM3 multi-hit physical blood pact set.

main={ name="Nirvana", augments={'Path: A',}},
sub="Elan Strap +1",
ammo="Sancus Sachet +1",
head={ name="Helios Band", augments={'Pet: Accuracy+30 Pet: Rng. Acc.+30','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+8','Blood Pact Dmg.+7',}},
body="Glyphic Doublet +3",
hands={ name="Helios Gloves", augments={'Pet: Attack+30 Pet: Rng.Atk.+30','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+8','Blood Pact Dmg.+7',}},
legs={ name="Apogee Slacks +1", augments={'Pet: STR+20','Blood Pact Dmg.+14','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+4',}},
feet={ name="Helios Boots", augments={'Pet: Attack+30 Pet: Rng.Atk.+30','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+8','Blood Pact Dmg.+7',}},
neck="Smn. Collar +2",
waist="Incarnation Sash",
left_ear="Kyrene's Earring",
right_ear="Lugalbanda Earring",
left_ring="C. Palug Ring",
right_ring="Varar Ring +1",
back={ name="Campestres's Cape", augments={'Pet: Acc.+20 Pet: R.Acc.+20 Pet: Atk.+20 Pet: R.Atk.+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Pet: Accuracy+10 Pet: Rng. Acc.+10','Pet: "Regen"+10','Pet: Damage taken -5%',}},
[+]
By ksoze 2021-09-23 09:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Who else is also too lazy to convert their hallmarks?
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
user: Hibiu
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2021-09-23 20:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the gear recommendations! I'll go roll the dice on some more Helios stuff tonight and swap out some of the Apogee gear. I'm still working on SMN AF+3 body (still a ways away from relic/Glyphic body+3, unfortunately), but should be able to get +2 now, at least. No DA but should still be an improvement for physical BP. Looking through logs, I think Accuracy has been the main issue.. I was able to kill D finally after some tries, but VD still only gets down to around 30% at best.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2021-09-28 17:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This is probably the slowest method and still a bit dangerous, I used the enspell strat on Rdm. It's hit or miss depending on whether it decides to cast Kaustra when Silence wears off, otherwise it's really easy. I had to stack magic accuracy to reduce enspell resistance.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-09-29 07:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a video of SMN soloing VD with no trusts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sJo7cNjtz4
[+]
By aashafox 2021-09-30 09:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Dissident said: »

Mana Jammer 3,4
Optic Fiber 1,2
Inhibitor 2
Turbo Charger 1,2
Magni Plug 1,2
Auto Repair Kit IV
Flame Holder
Attuner

Water, fire, Light

Used this with great success last friday. Same setup and now my pup holds TP to 3K and about a min after hitting 3K it will WS.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-09-30 09:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have a cor doing Tact roll?
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2021-09-30 12:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I started calling KOH for dia 3 I have found I needed to weapon swap to wipe tp from that initial hit and run to keep my auto acting as normal, I am no expert but having 0 tp held on master seems to be the way.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [769 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-08 07:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Froggieface this month
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama