Will WoW Classic Affect FFXI Playability?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Will WoW Classic affect FFXI playability?
Will WoW Classic affect FFXI playability?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2019-08-08 21:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I'm surprised there are even regular players left these days.
Check out a different server. Shiva has people who multi-box and bot, to be sure, but they seem to be in the minority. Most people I've met who have played consistently over the past decade have two or three alternate accounts, usually a full instruments Bard or Idris Geomancer and a White Mage. Playing on Asura seems to give a very limited view of what the other dozen servers are like.
By Afania 2019-08-08 22:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I don't think ranged or magic would have made them easier at that point in time.

OK I just got home and able to check. I made a mistake, world 1st clear happened on May 2013, not June. A bit earlier than my bad memory remembered.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115865-Delve/page101

RNG setup was indeed meta at that time. Pretty much all of the top end NA group at that time used rng setup, including tojil. People were posting early tojil wins with rng setup.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115865-Delve/page142

But then JPs did it MNK melee/stun way then it replaced rng and became the new meta. I mean, rng was dead for long long time so it was harder to get an alliance of rng back then anyways.

Then the content eventually got easier as more and more people got Oat, and ilv update.

Personally, I feel legion in 2012 was still harder than delve, but I may be biased. I feel once MNK melee/stun became a thing and Oat became more common the difficulty dropped in a very short time. Ilv update in August made delve pretty much PUGable. My ls was clearing delve using 2/3 of alliance as soon as ilv update hit. On the other hand other harder content like legion or MT had same level of difficulty for much longer time.

Delve was certainly very challenge before world 1st happened though. Just getting an alliance of rng to even try meta strat was difficult since the job was dead for years so it was a rare Job back then.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-08-09 00:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Draylo said: »
I'm surprised there are even regular players left these days.
Check out a different server. Shiva has people who multi-box and bot, to be sure, but they seem to be in the minority. Most people I've met who have played consistently over the past decade have two or three alternate accounts, usually a full instruments Bard or Idris Geomancer and a White Mage. Playing on Asura seems to give a very limited view of what the other dozen servers are like.

"most" people on Asura don't multi-box. There might be a majority of people that have a second account, but usually the second account is something they're not super comfortable taking into content on its own. It's a bit more rare to find people actively taking 2-3 accounts into an Ambu with pugs, for example. Obviously we have the most people so we have the most of the mega multiboxing botting stars, but it's not a "majority" of the population by any means. Most people can still barely manage one character, they surely can't make two work. As with many things Asura, it's massively overblown how things work on the server.

Also don't really get into the fully automating portion of play. I've used cureplease on my tribox, and occasionally still will if it's like Dynamis or an Ambu where it needs to heal in addition to buffs/debuffs, but for the most part I actually press buttons to make my 2nd and 3rd char cast each spell. Seen too many people that do full automation and their characters will *** right off and mess things up on a regular basis lol
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-13 19:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping this classic thread because classic is better; per thread topic.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
By swaggernaught 2019-09-15 03:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

WTB FFXI Starting from RISE OF ZILART and slowly going up to the wing of the goddess YES PLEASE will pay 50 dollars a month #NOCHANGES.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Pocketgeo
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Pocketgeo 2019-11-04 06:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

so much better that you spend time in FFXI forums...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pocketgeo
By Asura.Pocketgeo 2019-11-04 07:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite a lot to be honest. But why bother, ythe replies are quite literally all the same, just worded differently
"play wow classic.. its better. population says so."
thats the only argument you have. What is better is purely subjunctive.

I for one have NEVER found WOW better even in its hay day. People returned to "classic" because of nostalgia. Nothing else. I know plenty of people that logged on just to get those memories flooding back and thats it.

considering FFXI "doesnt have the people" - it sure has a lot of people who are quite happy to argue your own OPINION of 2 MMO's.

Also, before you start shorthanding english language, please dont butcher the basics. "It's not my first language" is not an excuse for being lazy and ignorant.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-11-04 08:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

don't see FFXI people going onto WoW classic forums trying to convince them to come play their game
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-04 09:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

He's not trying to convince us to play WoW classic, he's trying to convince himself he's not missing out on anything by not playing FFXI.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-11-04 09:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

He's not trying to convince us to play WoW classic, he's trying to convince himself he's not missing out on anything by not playing FFXI.
Facts

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-11-04 09:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Beatrica said: »

very clever, homes, very clever...

tough, i woudnt say im "trying", im Pretty sure im not missing out anything by not playing FFXI i coudnt find in wow classic... and better

That's pretty wild, considering there's very little overlap between FFXI and WoW classic in terms of mechanics, community, endgame, etc.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2019-11-04 09:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked the community in WoW Classic 10000x more than retail. In retail, it's almost non-existent. You're just another face in the crowd. In vanilla/classic, you are or can be known.

The community of FFXI is much better than any period of WoW.

I do agree with FFXI feeling like you have a large ping but I got used to it so quickly that it's a non-issue. In FPS or other modern games, it would be entirely unacceptable.
 Asura.Pocketgeo
By Asura.Pocketgeo 2019-11-04 09:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i could bring more than enough Arguments why wow classic is better than current FXI, but why bother as u say…

...but you're comparing ORIGINAL Wow to NOW FFXI. - you know wow is NOW so bad they HAD to bring back a classic version in order to make themselves relevant in the world of MMORPGs.

Can you bring the same arguments to Classic Wow vs "Classic" FFXI?

--Lets compare apples with apples and not apples with pears shall we? --

SE dont NEED to bring any classic back as they have OPENLY said " WE are NOT doing BIG things to this game" - it's the player base thats keeping it open, NOT SE.
By Mattelot 2019-11-04 10:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like a pointless task to compare the two anyway. They're two separate games with aspects that appeal to different people.

Yes, apples to pears it seems.

I do wish they would do something more for the game... even a small scale expansion or something else like another RoV. If not, I'm thankful it's still going and they give campaigns.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Butcherb0y 2019-11-04 11:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Repeating content? Classic wow is repeating content in it self. What are you talking about it's just a classic version of the new.your not really getting anything, all the will will be is more grindy non of that prestige rewards even though you didn't do anything to earn it. Other than that is just like wow without the bells and whistles all you have is string. Might as well play ff11, grindy as hell even today. Drop rates is still ***like it was before. Also you cant compare the 2, it 2 diff game.
By Butcherb0y 2019-11-04 11:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Also your comment on thankfully for no content. Classic is is bringing zero new content. In fact itll have less content since it didn't have all that content you speak off during vanilla.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-04 12:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

u think i Play it 24hours a day? what else u dreaming of? and yeah it is the better game, Population actually proves it, what can u offer to counter that?

Why did you have to troll by necroing another thread? Is there something wrong in your brain?

Population proves nothing.

Popular =/= right, never has, never will.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-04 13:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Population proves a lot
Yet it doesn't.

Keep trolling.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-04 13:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Facts are Facts, u are being a troll for ignoring em

Yes facts are facts and you're the troll, not I.

tl;dr "no, u."

You come in here and even necro another thread to *** about a game you obviously don't care for, ignore every fact and keep spouting off nonsense. We get it you don't like XI, which if you didn't notice this forum is on a site dedicated to it, there's plenty of WoW forums you could go troll with your ignorance and hate.

#byefelicia
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12